• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn |OT| Multiplayer Online Bad-Ass Shooter

I have. I've done it with Attikus, actually. It's easy to do with him. A few tips:

Invest in talents that either cause lifesteal or health regeneration. At level 3, he gets the "Brawler's Boon" talent which grants lifesteal on his basic attacks, though "Tenacity" is also good if you want to melt targets quickly. At level 5, always take "Hedronic Regeneration", as this gives you insane sustain; just build up to full charges, and let the health flow. Always take the "swift strikes" talent at level 7, too. Attikus benefits way more from attack speed than more health.

If you need to get the hell out of dodge, just pounce out. Save pounce for escapes. Also get the talent which makes Attikus' shields recharge during your pounce, it'll save your ass sometimes.

For gear, I'd get attack speed, attack damage and health regen. I've got a green attack damage item that grants +attack speed on a melee hit, I've got just a gray attack speed item, and I've got a purple health regen item that also grants +attack damage passively. This combination of gear is great for Attikus, in general.

When you get to Rendain, never fight him or the boss rush on the middle platform. Go to one of the other platforms, and put your back to a wall. Also regarding the challenge itself, the sweet spot for crits on Rendain is his head, but hitting with charged hook is rather difficult. Try to aim a little above his head, and don't charge it; you want as many attempts as you can. You can only crit him during the stage where he has no shield. I won't lie, you'll probably have to play "The Heliophage" multiple times with Attikus to get that lore challenge done; landing crits on him is that difficult.

Thanks man, I'll give this a try soon!

Gurrry

Alani is out! Holy shit she looks amazing!

Also - some new info on the next DLC hero is out there. A snake rouge assassin. Fucking bad ass!

Alani is out! Holy shit she looks amazing!

Also - some new info on the next DLC hero is out there. A snake rouge assassin. Fucking bad ass!
ZRvxNcA.jpg
Looks a little too basic, imo.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

O... Oh my. LoL. I surely didn't expect THAT. Water is so under-represented in gaming, I think I'll have to instantly main her once I can, haha. "UNLEASH the KRA... WATER DRAGON!" They're really making me want to buy that Season pass already. Raising enemies up and trapping them in a bubble sounds quite useful! And the heal sounds like a constant tick she actually doesnt' have to stick around the ally to use, but that won't be devoured by everything around them (like Ambra's sunspots).

Alani is awesome. Her kit is really fun, and she's a very offensive support. I like her very much.

Now I'm just trying to grind her character levels to get her helix talents.

Oh man Alani is really awesome. Love her water based special moves, really fun to use

Alani is awesome. Her kit is really fun, and she's a very offensive support. I like her very much.

Now I'm just trying to grind her character levels to get her helix talents.

Alani is powerful wow. Can't wait for that snake character too!
Did you use the golden key? If so what are the requirements to get it?

Only faced Alani, not played as her yet. Really cool move set. Still melted her as Mellka. 20-4-8, 4v5 victory after our Attikus quit after going 0-4 because he tried to solo the whole enemy team...

/shades

Did you use the golden key? If so what are the requirements to get it?

You have to use a golden key to unlock her if you don't have the credits. If you have the season pass/played in the PS4/PC beta, then you should just have the golden key. You won't see the key in your inventory. You need to go to Alani's character page, and choose the "unlock" option. The option will show up where the prompts for camera rotation are.

Gryph

Enjoying Alani so far. She's very tanky for a support healer. Especially with the damage reduction talent.

Probably going to go back to some other characters I want to finish off before the XP weekend ends, but I've been enjoying her play style.

Disktrasa

Banned
I have a code for this game to ps4, have not used it yet... Dont know if i should, maybe i should sell it cheap. Now with overwatch that i Love!!! But i Love Borderlands, i Love fps etc, i am just worried about the community, feels like the playerbase Will be very small in a short time :/

Redeem or sell the code, what do you guys think? Is the game worth it for the "singleplayer"

I won the code in a contest :)

Gryph

I have a code for this game to ps4, have not used it yet... Dont know if i should, maybe i should sell it cheap. Now with overwatch that i Love!!! But i Love Borderlands, i Love fps etc, i am just worried about the community, feels like the playerbase Will be very small in a short time :/

Redeem or sell the code, what do you guys think? Is the game worth it for the "singleplayer"

I won the code in a contest :)

It's a different game than Overwatch, plays different, feels different, uses a different type of strategy.

I think you'll probably have to make up your own mind. I had fun playing the single player, some people don't like it.

Community is going to be small, the game doesn't look like it sold well. I'm not having any problem getting multiplayer games going, but I'm sure the community will continue to shrink and then level off to the folks who like the game.

The style and comedy is a step up from Borderlands in my opinion...

Neverwas

i don't know if i'd say "worth it" for the single player, but I thoroughly enjoy the game as a whole. And it's a different beast than Overwatch. OW is more pick up and play with random rewards being cosmetic only, BB is a bit more about time investment and rewards earned/unlocked.

You have to use a golden key to unlock her if you don't have the credits. If you have the season pass/played in the PS4/PC beta, then you should just have the golden key. You won't see the key in your inventory. You need to go to Alani's character page, and choose the "unlock" option. The option will show up where the prompts for camera rotation are.
Us Xbox players don't get a key from the beta? C'mon Gearbox.

jg4xchamp

The fact that you can't skip the prologue cutscene is so stupid. My match ended because of Steam maintenance and now I have to sit through this dumb shit again, what in the ever loving fuck?

Alani is pretty great, but the Riptide/Ambra kills lore challenges are going to take a while -_-

Not to mention character select loads really slow for me and I almost always get beaten

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Story mode matchmaking is being goofy on PS4. Got games started with only one teammate twice.

I like Alani quite a bit though. Isic, her and Orendi are my favorites so far. Need to check out Caldarius and Attikus as I just unlocked them last game.

derFeef

The Experiment is pretty tough to solo.
Wish I had friends to play this with, but no one is interested in it.
Also is that hawk character horrible or is it just me? I just unlocked him.

koji

Enjoying Alani so far. She's very tanky for a support healer. Especially with the damage reduction talent.

Probably going to go back to some other characters I want to finish off before the XP weekend ends, but I've been enjoying her play style.

Was playing beside her as Miko yesterday, pretty solid character indeed, she looked really resilient, nice "insta" heal as well.

Been doing pretty good lately, beat some "impossible" matchups as well together with a friend (and the rest of the team offcourse), good stuff good stuff. Very fun game, shame the player numbers on PC are so low...

Just got this. Wanted too for a while, but it wasn't until GMG's discounts that I felt the price was right.

Anyone willing to play through the story missions with me sometime this week?

eagledare

Alani is great! Played a few matches with her last night after unlocking her with my beta key. She's definitely going to be a staple in most matches going forward I think.

Until they nerf her to hell like they did with Gali :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Isn't there suppose to be a chicken character with a grenade launcher or something? We're getting too many animal characters.

I'm totally okay with animal characters but Snake Man's design just reminded me of Donkey Kong Country SNES characters. I just took a glance at silhouettes so Is it chicken? I thought it was fatty Rockhopper penguin. Edited: You're right. It look like a chicken with grenade launcher. It's going to be hilarious. I guess he wouldn't be out until July or what?

Also I want those 5 characters in BattleBorn.

I'm totally okay with animal characters but Snake Man's design just reminded me of Donkey Kong Country SNES characters. I just took a glance at silhouettes so Is it chicken? I thought it was fatty Rockhopper penguin. Edited: You're right. It look like a chicken with grenade launcher. It's going to be hilarious. I guess he wouldn't be out until July or what?

Also I want those 5 characters in BattleBorn.

Last two on the bottom right look too basic but the other three have potential. I just want to see more alien looking characters like Alani. Battleborn is set in an expansive universe and having another animal character makes it seem so limited.

Gurrry

Finally mastered Rath last night. Feels good man.

Alani is really great. I keep telling myself im gonna buy the season pass, but at this point, ive grinded for so many credits that I feel like I have to buy her with those.

That is until they tell us how we get the new skins. Then thats when decision time comes.

Yeah, skins could tip me over the edge... Imagine a lot will be credit based, some will be challenge based.

Benedict has clicked. Man he can be fun!

So much tight design in this game, even as it's big and wobbly and utterly crazy in terms of visual noise etc. Love it.

wipeout364

Yeah, skins could tip me over the edge... Imagine a lot will be credit based, some will be challenge based.

Benedict has clicked. Man he can be fun!

So much tight design in this game, even as it's big and wobbly and utterly crazy in terms of visual noise etc. Love it.

Are they talking about real skins; the current skins are cool but they are just colour changes which I would not pay for. It's too bad they didn't launch with PC/xbox crossplay as this would give the game some legs.

Gurrry

I might cave on that season pass. I really wanna play Alani. She seems up my alley.

you can get it for 16 at gmg if you use the 20off code. its been sitting in my cart for a few days. still cant decide. i need to see the skins and the pve stuff before i cave i think.

Are they talking about real skins; the current skins are cool but they are just colour changes which I would not pay for. It's too bad they didn't launch with PC/xbox crossplay as this would give the game some legs.

yeah there are tier 2 and 3 skins that have leaked. they are more than just a color change. i just hope we can get them via credits/unlockables and not just straight cash.

Asked the library to order this and they did. However, they couldn't tell me when it'd be ordered or put an automatic hold on it like they used to for purchase requests.

Why they ask for your library card number is beyond me.

I looked the first few days then forgot. Checked today and there's a hold on it. Just my luck lol.

This isn't a big deal outside if my OCD. I don't mind waiting for it but every time I don't borrow a game as soon as they get it in I get fucked over with dirty discs.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Got to lvl 40 today and unlocked last character. Also mastered Rath. Can't wait for more story missions, wonder how long till they start to come out.

Gurrry

im starting to really hate toby lol. hes so strong.

also - is anyone getting any slight fps dips since alani's arrival? anytime she does one of her wave moves, it gets a little choppy for me. (pc version)

Top Bottom