• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Tovarisc

lol chill. I'm not saying I want smgs to kill long range. I just wish the class could actually have some options long range.

I'll stick with support

Closest thing to long range weapon for assault is shotgun with slugs. It has quite a reach and damage over long range.

RoKKeR

Bunker busting

29vKVAT.gif

Framerate is def not 60 on Large gamemodes but it feels better than BF4 while also looking better. I was kinda used to BF4 on PS4 so I'm fine with BF1.

I really wish we had the option to maybe turn down some effects or resolution. Id gladly play in 720p for solid framerate. I hope its something console communities push for

Tovarisc

Seems like the menu lag is gone now. What happened? There's wasn't even an update.
But it's good now.

If BF1 took pages from BF4's manual then BF1 released with suboptimal server software, they are working on it and patching new versions in which doesn't require client side updates. If menus need servers and they do because stat, server etc. syncing so if server backend works better it could mean better working menus.

Daffy Duck

I love the feeling of being part of the effort to capture objectives in conquest, and also the sense of dread when your whole team turns back to run the other direction when a tank appears at the end of the street.

Love this game, it's brilliant.

v1lla21

OMG Randoms suck so bad. I'm having fun but I can't carry these fools who sit back and snipe or just run around for kills. They were taking objective A and no one was coming in to help. I destroyed a tank and killed a couple of guys and my shitty teammates were sitting back not trying to capture A. They don't even spot.

SkylineRKR

I want the Soldier tab to work properly. To buy a Weapon I need to enter a match. And it was Sinai Rush just because I wanted to buy the Mondragon. And I kept on playing that travesty.

Theorry

Framerate is def not 60 on Large gamemodes but it feels better than BF4 while also looking better. I was kinda used to BF4 on PS4 so I'm fine with BF1.

Only map i have a real problem with is St Quentin. That one is low frames all the time. Maybe they should remove some of the background things that are happening.
Rest of the maps is pretty oke for me and overall better then BF4.

I had a cool moment where I was battle a sniper long range with my medic rifle and I ran to the artillery placement and perflectly got him. !

Nyx

OMG Randoms suck so bad. I'm having fun but I can't carry these fools who sit back and snipe or just run around for kills. They were taking objective A and no one was coming in to help. I destroyed a tank and killed a couple of guys and my shitty teammates were sitting back not trying to capture A. They don't even spot.

I've found that creating a new squad and be an active leader will get you a full squad of people playing the objective sooner than later.

And if not you at least are getting bonus points for following up your own attack orders.

I want the Soldier tab to work properly. To buy a Weapon I need to enter a match. And it was Sinai Rush just because I wanted to buy the Mondragon. And I kept on playing that travesty.

I agree with the first sentence only. I just don't understand why we haven't enter a new match in order to work with our loadout or quite to the main menu.

I love the feeling of being part of the effort to capture objectives in conquest, and also the sense of dread when your whole team turns back to run the other direction when a tank appears at the end of the street.

Love this game, it's brilliant.

this happened to me earlier, i was smiling ear to ear and how awesome that was

Daffy Duck

I had that in my last game, people just sitting doing nothing, useless.

I just started with an attack plane in Conquest. I flew to the enemy's first flag and shot on their flag with my mg. Wiped out a complete squad to my surprise. They must have sat all around the flag..

The Beard

This game is so frustrating when you're on a shit team. Ballroom Blitz is especially frustrating when the enemy team has all the flags, your entire team is around the C flag playing Team Deathmatch, and your squad is nowhere useful to spawn on, fuck this! Also, Behemoths are fucking.

Yo, snipers ruining rush mode. Defenders don't have a chance at all.

A big part of the problem is that your team's snipers only focus on the infantry in the middle of the map (inexperience), not counter-sniping (for which they award additional points). So not only are you down players playing the objective, but you have to compete with the other team's snipers who have free shots on the objectives.

Eventually we'll have less people playing as scout and more people that understand their role in that class (and others).

Why is my medal progress not updating?
It should update fine on the in-game counter. It is really slow to update in the menus.

Tovarisc

Why the fuck would they remove the option to choose if you want to be revived or not. FFS idiots always reviving at the worst times.

On PC just hold space down, not sure what key is on consoles. You deny revive window so fast, that if medic isn't sitting on top of you as you die he most likely won't get to you in time to revive.

JJShadow

I've started playing Rush (this is my first Battlefield) and although I'm still dying a lot, I'm having sooo much fun. I don't really care that much about killing or dying, I'm just playing the objective and trying to be as helpful as possible with my Medic/Support

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
A big part of the problem is that your team's snipers only focus on the infantry in the middle of the map (inexperience), not counter-sniping (for which they award additional points). So not only are you down players playing the objective, but you have to compete with the other team's snipers who have free shots on the objectives.

Eventually we'll have less people playing as scout and more people that understand their role in that class (and others).

It should update fine on the in-game counter. It is really slow to update in the menus.

I've played a few hours and not a single medal had updated ::

Why the fuck would they remove the option to choose if you want to be revived or not. FFS idiots always reviving at the worst times.
No one was reviving, so they tweaked the system. I would be more pissed if I ran over to revive and you disappeared, which was happening constantly in the beta. It sucks to get killed instantly, but it happens. No one has the time to check all the corners or clear the sector before reviving.

Why is my medal progress not updating?
So when you get a kill or win a round, are you seeing it update on the in game counter? It should be in the bottom left corner. That is how I track it. The medals in the menus have been messed up since this launched. Sometimes mine update, sometimes they don't, but it has always tracked my progress in game.

Surfinn

I've started playing Rush (this is my first Battlefield) and although I'm still dying a lot, I'm having sooo much fun. I don't really care that much about killing or dying, I'm just playing the objective and trying to be as helpful as possible with my Medic/Support
Congrats you're now in the top 1 percent of new players, lol. So many people are just worried about KD.

Aters

I'm really enjoying the atmosphere of this game. Not just the game itself, but also the players playing it. In every match I've played, people are always playing the objective, reviving, healing each other. Feels good man.

No one was reviving, so they tweaked the system. I would be more pissed if I ran over to revive and you disappeared, which was happening constantly in the beta. It sucks to get killed instantly, but it happens. No one has the time to check all the corners or clear the sector before reviving.

This is happening to me constantly. I run across dangerous ground dodging bullets and mortars, get to the downed guy and I'm just about to revive him and he dissappears.

Drives me crazy.

The game auto locks the squad if you are playing with a friend. That's why there are alt of 2-3 people in a locked squad. I don't think many people know this.

Thats too bad, I had no idea, thanks for letting me know. Is there any way that can change?

Also what everyone else has mentioned in here, please spot enemies. I just learned how to spot in this game and spot everything even in sp lol

Daffy Duck

Playing as a medic:

Squad mate goes down
Run over to revive
Get shot and die mid revive

Or

Squad mate goes down
Cower behind cover looking at him and think sorry I can't revive you and watch him die

The struggle is real.

In BF4 they allowed you to choose if you wanted to revive or take the death when someone tried to revive you. That was best for both parties.

nelchaar

PS4 players, did anyone adjust brightness according the icon visibility when you started the game? Seemed like it made everything too dark and I couldn't see enemies well enough.

Ended up turning it up to 50% brightness (was 5% before).

P.S: How do you unlock weapons? Can you only buy them with war bonds?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Playing as a medic:

Squad mate goes down
Run over to revive
Get shot and die mid revive

Or

Squad mate goes down
Cower behind cover looking at him and think sorry I can't revive you and watch him die

The struggle is real.

if they died out in the open its best to let them go normally that means the enemy has that on lock down and you should stay in cover

Top Bottom