• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I love how your custom emblem gets engraved into your gun rather than painted on. Wonder how it is with tanks, haven't noticed yet.

That's awesome, thanks for posting that. I'm going to have to mess with that today. I saw a big Hello Kitty painted on one of JackFrag's tanks, but I'm not sure if that's considered the same thing.

King_Moc

Banned
The guns all look pretty similar from the stats. I'm still using the starting rifle, and can't see what I should be upgrading to really. Are they all just really similar?

Lulu23

I love how your custom emblem gets engraved into your gun rather than painted on. Wonder how it is with tanks, haven't noticed yet.

whatsappimage2016-103vuxe.jpeg

Gets painted on.

Why? You rank up so fast, at level 20 you should be able to buy more weapons than you will ever need. I have still 7k war bonds and unlocked all I need.

Are you quoting the wrong person?

That's awesome, thanks for posting that. I'm going to have to mess with that today. I saw a big Hello Kitty painted on one of JackFrag's tanks, but I'm not sure if that's considered the same thing.

Gets painted on.

Painted on tanks...Too bad.

Here is another view of it. The wolf is white, but it's eye is black. The eye seems to be a deeper engraving so I think it engraves deeper the darker the color. I could be wrong though.

f32GhW7.jpg

Only the medal you are "tracking" gets updated. Also, you have to do the objectives in order from top to bottom.
I really, really hope this gets reworked. Seems like an artificial way to add a sense of progression to the game when it ends up just being frustrating and eventually something most people will ignore.

It's also a bad system to implement in a team based game. There are objectives like 10 dynamite kills. Instead of getting that naturally over the time I play, I'm locked in to it and would likely focus on it to the detriment of the objective of I wanted the medal since it's timed as well.

Bad bad bad.

Are you quoting the wrong person?

Painted on tanks...Too bad.

Here is another view of it. The wolf is white, but it's eye is black. The eye seems to be a deeper engraving so I think it engraves deeper the darker the color. I could be wrong though.

f32GhW7.jpg

Where do you make the custom emblem?

Also, anybody using the latest Nvidia driver and if so have you noticed any problems?

I'm loving the game a lot it seems pretty good overall and definitely one of the best starts a bf game has had in recent memory.

That being said the vehicle and conquest changes suck real bad and need to both be fixed asap.

The vehicles are way too strong and don't give me that people are just not good yet in BF4 i can single single handedly take out a tank but in BF1 if you don't have a whole squad go after one you are fucked.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I'm surprised that I don't see shotguns being used by Assault players more often. The Model 10 one-shots people left, right, and center and isn't half-bad at a little distance.

Okay, I've played every class now. There is no good weapon in this game right?
Also, I can't see shit on most maps. I can't even see the crosshair while zooming (the dot with the size of a flea). WTF is this.

DirtyLarry

When you are in an MP match and it says a special pack is nearby, like it told me the Flamethrower pack was nearby, does it show up on your map anywhere or do you just have to find it?

Battlefield will always be that game it is like riding a bike for me, especially if I get a tank. Just feel so at home.
My first full match in the game, and I actually held my own. I cannot do this with any other MP game on the market. In fact I am pretty damn awful at them. Just something that clicks with BF for me.
D5dc.jpg

Another question. How the hell does one take a screenshot in BF?

When you are in an MP match and it says a special pack is nearby, like it told me the Flamethrower pack was nearby, does it show up on your map anywhere or do you just have to find it?

Battlefield will always be that game it is like riding a bike for me, especially if I get a tank. Just feel so at home.
My first full match in the game, and I actually held my own. I cannot do this with any other MP game on the market. In fact I am pretty damn awful at them. Just something that clicks with BF for me.
D5dc.jpg

Another question. How the hell does one take a screenshot in BF?

That probably due to the fact that Battlefield rewards you for so much more then just getting kills which is one of the main reasons I love it. Also for the Sentrys you should be able to see them on the map if your close enough (maybe a flag or so away). They show up on the map as a logo that looks like a shield with a line inside of it.

You know, Im really bothered by the box art for this game lol

It still has the BF3/4 Modern aesthetic. Would have loved something more colourful or representative of WW1

hurzelein

The menu feels so bad. Laggy, incomplete, not a great experience overall.
No auto aim "off" setting?
Why can't I switch squads when I'm dead?
3 min loading time when I quit a round after the match is over?
etc. pp.

Have to say, sure it's Battlefield and so a lot of fun nevertheless, but even 3 didn't have so many things I could complain about in the beginning. Hopefully they will fix some of the stuff.

Also: Playing medium range / attack sniper + pistol really sucks this time. Medic weapons are often as good, they have insane firing rate and gadgets that are actually useful. Also auto aim makes me crazy when playing like that.

Coffinhal

Damn... Awesome to see. And EA almost turned the idea of a WWI shooter down.

It would be interesting to see what role played the (historical) context/theme of this game into getting people interested/hyped by the game.

Because I guess there is that and the fact that the beta worked perfectly, they didn't run into massive bad press (French/Russian controversy apart) and the launch was done perfectly with a game that runs well for everyone, did a wonderful pre-launch with the "Access" program and a game that is just fun and what people expected of a new Battlefield.

Top Bottom