• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Medic for conquest, assault for pigeon war. Still havent touched support.

smartselectimage_20163zkl0.png

Edit: failed. Hope the image works.
Fixed i hope

Skab

Does anyone know of anywhere you can still get the PC version at a discount?

One of my usual BF playing friends is having some money issues and cant afford it, so I'd like to get him a copy. Wondering if I can get it a little cheaper some where first.

Recall

Am I blind or can you not customize your loadouts from the main menu?

That's normal for Battlefield. They always make loadouts or customise options either something you do at the main menu OR between matches. They've never made a game where you have the choice of both.

Nags

Banned
Jumping off a plane and landing on top of the enemy zeppelin and wrecking shit while up there has to be one of my favorite gaming moments this gen.

RoKKeR

It would be interesting to see what role played the (historical) context/theme of this game into getting people interested/hyped by the game.

Because I guess there is that and the fact that the beta worked perfectly, they didn't run into massive bad press (French/Russian controversy apart) and the launch was done perfectly with a game that runs well for everyone, did a wonderful pre-launch with the "Access" program and a game that is just fun and what people expected of a new Battlefield.

I would be curious as well. Aside from the setting having positive effects on the gameplay loop and design, I would imagine it drove some additional good press.

The announcement -> launch of this game has been handled very well. Coming from BF4 I'm impressed.

DrownDown

Neo Member

One of my usual BF playing friends is having some money issues and cant afford it, so I'd like to get him a copy. Wondering if I can get it a little cheaper some where first.

If you have GCU then Best Buy has it for 47.99.

I Think Greenmangaming has if for 45.99 as well but I'm not sure if thats still valid.

Skab

If you have GCU then Best Buy has it for 47.99.

I Think Greenmangaming has if for 45.99 as well but I'm not sure if thats still valid.

GMG currently has it for 49.99, which is the cheapest ive seen it. just wanted to check around first though!

GravyButt

Is there an optical sight that actually is nice and can be used cqc wise? I tried one on one of the medic gunsand could actually see less!

It's mine IT'S FINALLY MINE! the Mondragon rifle :D

6rRRd9V.png

I don't know if you remember me from previous threads but yeah I'm the Mondragon rifle guy :p, after 3 hours of playing I'm absolutely loving the game DICE has done it again, impressive work

i understand they're likely saving these for the dlcs (20 new vehicles and 16 new weapons advertised in premium) but i was hoping theyd be a little bit more daring in adding experimental/prototype weaponry and vehicles

Has anyone finished the revolver medal yet? If so, what revolver did you use? I am just about finished with the headshots, but I have no idea how I am going to get 5 kills in a life with these.

HoJu

Trying to play multiplayer on PS4 and it's not working. keep getting "server disconnected" message before i get into a game.

Tovarisc

i understand they're likely saving these for the dlcs (20 new vehicles and 16 new weapons advertised in premium) but i was hoping theyd be a little bit more daring in adding experimental/prototype weaponry and vehicles

This game is already 90% prototype infantry weapons that never saw action or were on the field with ratio 1 for each 100 000 man.

Vic_Viper

What primary weapons do the Cavalry and tank classes use? Trying to decide which weapons to unlock first and I really like the cavalry class weapon especially, and the tank class is a good second choice. The cavalry guys gun almost seems like a Winchester repeater rifle that's used in a lot of western movies.

What other weapons do people recommend getting asap? I really wish there was a way to try them out atleast before buying. Like a shooting range or a mode where everything is unlocked just for fun. I know you can try and find them in the SP to check them out but it's not easy to find the exact one you want to try easily.

ThisOne

What primary weapons do the Cavalry and tank classes use? Trying to decide which weapons to unlock first and I really like the cavalry class weapon especially, and the tank class is a good second choice. The cavalry guys gun almost seems like a Winchester repeater rifle that's used in a lot of western movies.

What other weapons do people recommend getting asap? I really wish there was a way to try them out atleast before buying. Like a shooting range or a mode where everything is unlocked just for fun. I know you can try and find them in the SP to check them out but it's not easy to find the exact one you want to try easily.
Not really any quick way there, but the SMG you unlock when you get to level 10 Assault is really good. 60 round clip and high fire rate.

Auctopus

Did anyone playtest this abomination of a flight campaign? Most notably on hard. The fighters on your tail are scripted and near impossible to properly shake, the rockets don't reach ground targets becuse of the draw distance and if you start slaying fighters, magic machine gun fire appears out of nowhere and tears you to shreds without a chance of repair.

Pakoe

cdkeys.com

DirtyLarry

That probably due to the fact that Battlefield rewards you for so much more then just getting kills which is one of the main reasons I love it. Also for the Sentrys you should be able to see them on the map if your close enough (maybe a flag or so away). They show up on the map as a logo that looks like a shield with a line inside of it.
Thanks. I did not see anything on the map at all so I am thinking someone else may have snagged it.

Oh yep, it's absolutely because of the rewarding just for playing the game. No doubt that the reason I love it.
I am nowhere near a killing machine (closest I get is a round like this where I am in a tank AND even more important have a competent gunner), but I always focus on the objectives.

I was also the Squad Leader so I was just doing what a squad leader should do. Not much mind you, but giving out objectives, being smart if the squad needed to spawn on me. etc. I just was cognizant of the fact I was squad leader.

So I play the game as it should be played and DICE is smart enough to award me for doing so. Just makes it so much more enjoyable for someone like myself who is not a killing machine but does like playing.

Roussow

A game of Operations seems very difficult to actually get into, I feel like I've never seen one on the server browser -- and there's no matchmaking option for all the maps, having to directly pick one of the 5 (or so) map selections just feels like it's splitting the already inherently split Operations playerbase.

desu

Its a true Battlefield game, whenever I play Medic I want to play Support as nobody seems to help out. If I play Support I want to play Medic because people seem to do mostly nothing.

Am I blind or can you not customize your loadouts from the main menu?

That's normal for Battlefield. They always make loadouts or customise options either something you do at the main menu OR between matches. They've never made a game where you have the choice of both.

Its should be coming in an update/patch soon. The dev has mention it on reddit. Why wasnt it in the menu during launch? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Commando lunge in this game is worse than MW2, lol.

Unload half a clip into a guy running at you from 10 feet away all they gotta do is charge attack with their bayonet and you're fucked.

Biff

Anyone else have an issue with the Domination medal?

I finished all 3 requirements last night (the last being capture 20 flags). I received the medal.

Loaded up the game this morning, but now I only have 2/3 requirements. Seems like the Capture 20 Flags reset. However, I still have the medal in my stats.

If I capture another 20 flags, will I get another medal and XP bonus? Or is it just glitching out?

Good love these Behemoths that COMPLETELY change the tide of battle. It honestly feels like the winning team gets punished for winning.

It's the best innovation of this BF since it's get rid of the worst part of BF: boring uneven match where you'll keep fighting during 20 minutes knowing that you'll loose/win.

Now almost every game have a big tension factor until the end.

Lender

It's the best innovation of this BF since it's get rid of the worst part of BF: boring uneven match where you'll keep fighting during 20 minutes knowing that you'll loose/win.

Which is sometimes annoying as hell as sometimes you do just kick the shit out of the other team and you still get punished for it.

Mahonay

Banned

Yeah, as a long time Battlefield player the Behemoths are a really interesting solution to fix the issue of one team just getting pounded into dust, to the point they are fighting to get out of their spawn. I like it.

Commando lunge in this game is worse than MW2, lol.

Unload half a clip into a guy running at you from 10 feet away all they gotta do is charge attack with their bayonet and you're fucked.

Yeah they need to have speed buffers for each bullet taken whilst charging.

Also horses are op as fuck. I've yet to try the AT rifle, but I bet a horse would survive it lol.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Good love these Behemoths that COMPLETELY change the tide of battle. It honestly feels like the winning team gets punished for winning.

Operations seems to fall under two categories for me so far while defending:
1. Lose to snipers and mortars
2. Lose to the super weapons if you win

Top Bottom