• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

His R2 is screwed, no question. This is a very common problem with games like Battlefield where ps4 players learn of DS4's lame ass build quality

when everyone in your squad is playing as Scout except you
CvRTK--XYAAL2G3.jpg

Ensoul

Going from COD to this game has been rough and frustrating. I mostly play TDM and I am getting lit up. I am finishing like 2-15. I am using a medic sticking with my squad etc but I am outgunned every single time I see someone. The medic weapons suck and I cannot kill anybody.

I am trying to like this game but it's not fun finishing like 3-17 every match.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The only part of the campaign I wish had been left out is the part where
you have to fly as a dove
lol

BPK

Wow, I just played Rush mode on ps4 and it's so much smoother than conquest. I wish conquest could be like this. Everything just seems to look better as a result. I guess it's too much too hope that DICE can somehow optimize ps4 conquest?

Is anyone else coming to this after never really playing a Battlefield game before? The single player sounds incredibly intriguing, but I'm nervous I might be too far removed from the series to really get good at the multiplayer.

Going from COD to this game has been rough and frustrating. I mostly play TDM and I am getting lit up. I am finishing like 2-15. I am using a medic sticking with my squad etc but I am outgunned every single time I see someone. The medic weapons suck and I cannot kill anybody.

TDM is by far the worst mode in Battlefield. Play Conquest or Operations. Haven't tried War Pigeons so I can't recommend that.

Wow, I just played Rush mode on ps4 and it's so much smoother than conquest. I wish conquest could be like this. Everything just seems to look better as a result. I guess it's too much too hope that DICE can somehow optimize ps4 conquest?
Same story on XB1 unfortunately :(

I mean, I DICE can only do so much given the size/scale and player count. I can live with it.

Is anyone else coming to this after never really playing a Battlefield game before? The single player sounds incredibly intriguing, but I'm nervous I might be too far removed from the series to really get good at the multiplayer.

Its a shooter with vehicles. Like any shooter...play it, learn it, improve at it, love it. Doesn't matter if you are new to the series. Everyone had to start somewhere.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

CoD != BF. If you're coming to this thinking your twitch aiming skills will help, you're gonna fail before you start. You're gonna die repeatedly for a while while you get your grips.

Slow down, stick with your team and throw out your kit items. Especially if you're a fucking support and assault/medic.

You'll be fine. But see above.

1) Throw your kit items every two minutes. Even if you think someone doesn't need it, they eventually will.
2) Slow down. Running around like this is Titanflopall or CoD is gonna get you killed repeatedly. While the game is "arcade"-y, running around in the open is a big "please fill me with bullets" sign for the enemy.
3) Stick with your squad if you can, unless your squad is full of dullards more people in numbers means one of you killing stragglers or giving a heads up for others on being killed.

All else fails:

4) Get in the tank because those fuckers are OP right now.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Now that I figured out that I can change my rifle from manual fire to auto fire by pressing 'v' I'm doing waaaaaay better :)

Ardenyal

Honestly I think these maps suit the 64-player count way better than anything in BF4. Everything feels tight and there's not a lot of wasted place. And, there's never too long an instance between finding something to shoot.

With the exception of the beta map.

Aters

Play as Assault in TDM and spray and prey with your high DPS SMGs. TDM is just a warm up for bigger game modes IMO.

bigmac996

Can anyone tell me how this game runs on ps4? Pretty good? I own the PC version but I crave the ps4 one so I can go back to my bf4 controller/ tv setup and play with friends. Just trying to make sure my decision to double dip is worth it.

M.W.

Can anyone tell me how this game runs on ps4? Pretty good? I own the PC version but I crave the ps4 one so I can go back to my bf4 controller/ tv setup and play with friends. Just trying to make sure my decision to double dip is worth it.

Conquest and Operations run like shit imo. The smaller modes run like butta

I had a weird glitch where I was hearing another medic's(I was assault) sound effects.I would hear his revive whoosh and when his health was recovering. Really weird

DirtyLarry

Going back and forth with the Campaign and MP today and it also being my first day playing since release, I can say without any doubt it is pretty much my GOTY. But as I shared earlier today, Battlefield is just my go to game for PC MP. I just love it.

Even with all of the changes over the years it has gone through, I still quintessentially feel the same exact feeling of being a part of something much larger than myself but still being able to contribute and not just spectate that I felt when I played 1942 for the first time approximately 14 years ago. It is just that one game that simply put, I feel as if it was made specifically for myself. I cannot play for 2 years (which I have actually done), fire it up, and still feel right at home.

The funny thing is with every new release, I actually hesitate to play it. Just as I did this time around, I am actually worried to play a new BF for the first time. This time around I have Origin Access and also had the Early Enlister version since I just went straight to the Deluxe Edition, yet I waited until today to play it. I even stalled a bit this morning before I played. I get this weird feeling that this is going to be it. This will be the version I all of a sudden cannot play at all. That I will suck at playing like I do with more or less every other MP FPS on the market. But so far, knock on wood, it has not happened yet. If any game came close, it was Battlefield 4. It was my least played BF game and will remain to be. But I still enjoyed it.

But all day today I felt like that 26 year old me who lived to play 1942. And this my friends is why without any doubt, even if there are better games out there, it is already my GOTY. Sometimes it just feels so damn good to stick with what you know. And I know Battlefield.

Make no mistake about it. Playing it on a 2560 x 1440 27" inch monitor (G-Sync Enabled), with all settings defaulted to Ultra and averaging 80 frames per second does nothing but help matters. I have never been a performance snob, I will drop whatever settings I need to to get 60 FPS and be happy even if it means low to medium settings graphically. Luckily that is not the case with BF1, and it looks amazing as a result. Battlefield is no doubt at all about it a game that truly shines when you can enjoy it in all of it's graphical bliss. I actually was worried my 980 Ti may struggle a bit with it as well. Am very happy that is obviously not the case.

Since I know there is a chance someone from DICE may be on GAF and or do read the threads, I just want to sincerely and truly say Thank You for Battlefield. It is my Peanut Butter & Jelly. My sweatshirt I have owned for 10 years that is wore down and aged but that I still wear over all others because it is a truly perfect and comfortable fit. I think this may even be the reason some people poo poo on the series itself. That it is more of the same. Not me. I love it everytime, and cannot envision a time I will not. That's fantastic. So again, thank you.

Game runs perfectly on low/mid player count matches

64 player matches, not so much, but still acceptable imo.

bigmac996

Conquest and Operations run like shit imo. The smaller modes run like butta

Hey thanks for the reply man! Shame about the poor performance in the larger modes. Might hold off on the PS4 version for now.

Game runs perfectly on low/mid number of players matches

64 player matches, not so much, but still acceptable imo.

Thanks for the reply man! Really good to know this before diving in.

Can anyone map middle mouse button to melee? I can't seem to do it. Also, I disabled GPU memory restriction setting for my 4Gb GTX770 and felt an improvement in fluidity of gameplay.

Exr

Was thinking of getting this on PS4 but people saying Conquest runs like shit has me worried, thats all Id really play. How does it run compared to the beta? Can someone elaborate specifically on why it runs like shit?

WillyFive

Was thinking of getting this on PS4 but people saying Conquest runs like shit has me worried, thats all Id really play. How does it run compared to the beta? Can someone elaborate specifically on why it runs like shit?

The game has massive maps with 64 players that constantly change and deform the map in real time (unlike the scripted events from BF4), it is very taxing on the PS4's relatively slow CPU.

There is a list and community for PS4 and Xbox One and PC in the OP :)

PS4 plays fine to me and I also play 1080p & 60 fps on PC.

ThisOne

The game has massive maps with 64 players that constantly change and deform the map in real time (unlike the scripted events from BF4), it is very taxing on the PS4's relatively slow CPU.
I've found the performance on the ps4 to be pretty similar to bf4. Framerate drops at times but it is always playable.

Honestly, after playing more, I feel it runs much better than BF4. A lot of maps in 4 had what felt like large drops, whereas this one has drops, but they're not as big. Totally anecdotal, of course

ThisOne

Honestly, after playing more, I feel it runs much better than BF4. A lot of maps in 4 had what felt like large drops, whereas this one has drops, but they're not as big. Totally anecdotal, of course
Bf4's performance was also improved over time through patches so hopefully the same happens here.

Is there a thread for PS4 players looking to add friends for this?

PSN: xNINETYxNINEx

looking for PC players to add on ORIGIN to make decent squds, would be preferable if you used mics. Add me guys: VaderDoc.

Great game btw.

Looking for people to squad up with. Eastern Time
PSN: B_Spooky13

I'm going to be playing some on PC if anyone wants to join up. Also streaming here: Twitch.tv/Dig_Douglas

Origin Name : Dig_Douglas_III
  • Discord Server (quote to see)
  • GAF User ID List (quote to see)
  • PlayStation4 Community: NeoGaf Battlefield1 community
  • Xbox One Club: Battlefield1 GAF

This party system..

Stewiegunmouth.gif
True dat especially coming from destiny. Whats sad its I think its better than BF4 and BF3 iirc.

Kalentan

So is the Operation's Mode ending screen glitched? For me it just ends just opening the menu for a hair of a second and then showing a black screen until it reaches the main menu which will also just have a black background for a bit.

Happened to me my last 3 operation games.

Top Bottom