• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Tecnniqe

Banned
I really hope this shit sorts itself out quickly. I don't think I have seen such terrible class distribution on launch before with any Battlefield.
They had one job and a good reason to not include snipers with scopes and stuff and yet 50% of people in rush just snipe and do fuck all. Thx DICE

Oynox

Does anyone also has the problem that the EA Access time warning appears every like 10 minutes? The first two hours went without any interruption now it is annoying.

Theorry

Life of a medic indeed.

UnfinishedMadeupBluebottlejellyfish-size_restricted.gif

nOoblet16

1v1 vehicles is possible with assault class if you use rocket gun and anti tank grenade, but you'll need ammunition if you wanna take out heavy tank....or you can switch to dynamite instead of anti tank grenade but that requires going up close so that's not really the best option.

thenexus6

Man some people suck driving tanks, especially the mark Vs where you have very limited turn radius if you're using the side canons.. Line me up properly people!

Life of a medic indeed.

UnfinishedMadeupBluebottlejellyfish-size_restricted.gif

Life of a medic

1 - Successful revive
2 -Get killed going over to team mate
3 - Get to team mate and they are clipping into something and can't be revived (this happens alot to me)

haveheart

Banned
It would be great if they would do it like overwatch telling you what class you should choose to get a balanced team. Maybe this will motivate players to stop playing sniper only.

Jharp

On the last mission of campaign and incredibly frustrated. How the fuck do I destroy this train? If I run up to it, I get cut down by machine guns and infantry, if I use the mortar or anti-tank guns in town, I get shelled by artillery nearly instantly.

This entire campaign has been wrought with this insanely trial-and-error bullshit. Ugh.

Mugenjin

It would be great if they would do it like overwatch telling you what class you should choose to get a balanced team. Maybe this will motivate players to stop playing sniper only.

That wouldn't change a thing. What stopped players from only sniping were hard caps on sniper slots.

Lender

On the last mission of campaign and incredibly frustrated. How the fuck do I destroy this train? If I run up to it, I get cut down by machine guns and infantry, if I use the mortar or anti-tank guns in town, I get shelled by artillery nearly instantly.

This entire campaign has been wrought with this insanely trial-and-error bullshit. Ugh.

That one got me too. WHen you jump down the house there is a box with dynamite to start with. I run up to the train and throw all the dynamite at it. You can also find an anti tank rocket kit somewhere. And I use the field gun just once. Shoot, and get out and find a new one. That got the job done.

Jb

1) Get a horse (there's one in the village)
2) Toss a couple of anti-tank grenades at the train and run away
3) Rinse/repeat

The idea is you're supposed to be constantly moving.

web01

Tanks are strong but not OP they can be taken down very quickly at close range with only 1 or 2 people depending on tank health.

The assault rocket launcher is also good for whittling down their health from long range.
A few people can shut down or make a tank retreat using these alone.
And its fun just shooting soldiers with it.

aravuus

Not sure I understand how unlocking stuff works. Medic's regular Selbstlader has a green 200 warbonds icon above it with a lock in the gadget menu, should I be able to unlock it with warbonds then or what?

Raide

Not sure I understand how unlocking stuff works. Medic's regular Selbstlader has a green 200 warbonds icon above it with a lock in the gadget menu, should I be able to unlock it with warbonds then or what?
Most are rank and war one locked. Usually a number by the lock that indicates.

Mugenjin

You get warbonds by leveling up. Then there are different class levels which are required for different guns. Once you have the required class level and warbonds you can unlock the gun.

Grassy

Well I'll say first of all that I sort of skipped Battlefield 3 and 4 after putting in a ton of hours in Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2. I only played ~5 hours of BF3 back when it launched, and I only got Battlefield 4 a few months ago and played 5 hours or so on a few hardcore servers, so I wasn't sure what to expect from Battlefield 1 really.

I'm absolutely loving it so far, without a doubt the multi-player GOTY for me. I'm already up to level 30 now playing as Assault and Scout. I admittedly sucked for probably my first 15 levels or so where I don't think I had a single map with a positive kill/death ratio or a good score, but then it just kind of clicked with me and I've been getting 25+ kills every map along with a pretty good team score for capping flags etc. I'm really loving how effective grenades are in this, I must be getting 5-10 nade kills per map. Just lob nades into every window/house/building that's at a flag capture point, so many campers sit in the dumbest and easiest to target spots. Anti-tank nades work just as well on infantry as normal nades too. I'm also getting a ton of knife kills, so many people are not aware of their surroundings in this game.

Going to the beach for a week but I I'm going to miss BF. Have 19 hours down, what a fucking brilliant game.

I'm working away from home Monday-Friday this week, and even though I've already put in ~18 hours I kind of want to stay at home...I just can't stop playing it.

Yeah, I'll throw my hat in here too and say that people not dealing with armored vehicles are consistently my most anger inducing moments in this game.

Destroy the tank where's the assaults destroy the tank assaults what are you doing destroy the tank there are like 10 people here are none of them assaults destroy the fucking tank.

Pick assault class and the tank fucks off to across the map.

ANGER.

I think this is in part why I've been doing so well on some maps, because if you know what you're doing as Assault class you can wreck tanks pretty easily(which is their job of course). I've been destroying multiple tanks on every map by myself, and if I'm at a flag capture point with another Assault class who actually uses their anti-tank weapons then the other team's tanks can forget capturing that point. Like everyone else, I find it fucking bizarre that for some unknown reason not many other people who play Assault class seem to use their anti-tank nades or mines etc. which is bloody frustrating.

Conversely, I played a round on St.Quentin Scar before where I started in a heavy tank and got an easy 20 kills and capped 8 flags before my tank was close to being destroyed. I was just running over idiots at the flag points, and I didn't cop a single anti-tank nade the whole time...hilarious.

Finally, just a tank climbing up a flag pole...dem physics

aravuus

Most are rank and war one locked. Usually a number by the lock that indicates.

You get warbonds by leveling up. Then there are different class levels which are required for different guns. Once you have the required class level and warbonds you can unlock the gun.

Oh sorry, in my post 1000-990 victory high I failed to mention that I do have enough war bonds (450 atm), but I still have no idea how to actually unlock the stuff. Clicking the green lock would logically unlock the weapon, but it does nothing. Can't find an option in the main menu to unlock them.

Mugenjin

Oh sorry, in my post 1000-990 victory high I failed to mention that I do have enough war bonds (450 atm), but I still have no idea how to actually unlock the stuff. Clicking the green lock would logically unlock the weapon, but it does nothing. Can't find an option in the main menu to unlock them.

You can't do it from the main menu. You have to unlock them in the customize menu when in the respawn menu ingame. While in the respawn menu click on customize in the bottom left corner and then click on the gun itself to get a list of every available gun.

Xater

Because it doesn't work in the main menu. You can so far only do it in game or using the app. It's dumb I know.

Raide

I wish people would just wait out the bleed out process when medics are around. It's not like you can get into the match quicker when you force it. But people probably don#t understand that either...

What would be great is a button I can mash that signals a medic is on the way. I know they have the distance marker but that gives you no real idea if he is coming for you.

The RB throws bandages. Could they not have it signal to that person that the Medic is on the way, if I RB his corpse?

Thoughts?

aravuus

You can't do it from the main menu. You have to unlock them in the customize menu when in the respawn menu ingame. While in the respawn menu click on customize in the bottom left corner and then click on the gun itself to get a list of every available gun.

Because it doesn't work in the main menu. You can so far only do it in game or using the app. It's dumb I know.

Lol. Wonder what's up with that. Thanks! I love the medic's starting rifle, but I'm pretty eager to finally give the other guns a try too.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Only tried out 40p-Ops which felt very good. Not worth giving 64p-Ops a shot?

I fell like 64p-CQ is pretty good, cause the maps are pretty big. (mostly)

Ops is more like Rush but with flags instead.

Narrow map with 2 or 3 objectives and vehicles is just a clusterfuck.

More to the point a single squad is not going to achieve anything, which you can in 40pop.

nOoblet16

There is no trial and error, you should experiment a bit more.
There are cannons placed throughout the maps, you use them to take a shot or two and when the Train sounds its horn you back off and go to the next canon (unless your canon is already loaded in which case you can take a shot before leaving).

Essentially it's the aggro grabbing mechanic from games, where you hit it to aggro on a spot and then move to another and hit from that spot then get aggro there and then move to another and so on. (if it's far from you it'll move closer in which case you move to the other side and hit it from there and it'll then move to that spot and etc etc)

There are also plenty of anti tank grenades, dynamites and rocket gun.

TheContact

Operations is so much fun. I wish there was a hardcore mode though. I see it's listed in custom games as "coming soon" though

What's everyone's favorite Operation campaign ?

KrisB

This game man. Having an absolute blast playing online. I can't remember the last time i enjoyed an online fps as much as this one

So glad they pulled it off.

I loved BFBC2 and BF3 but with the awful launch of BF4 I was done with the series.
Very happy I gave them one last chance.
Both the Single Player and Online are fantastic.

SuperSah

Banned
I had an amazing match on Domination just now. It got down to 97-98 and I ran right into enemy territory and destroyed the remaining 3 by fully unloading my guns. It was a real risk but man it paid off.

This game is incredible

Theorry

Uch so much stuff is still broken. Loadouts broken, achievements broken, stats broken. Was last night before i stopped 38.5 and now i am 38.0 again. Game says i dont have any Operations points yet. But i mostly played that mode. Also not getting match bonus at the end is annoying also. Just before the match ends top of the leaderboard. Match ends dont get match bonus. Back to place 14.

pitchfork

Just spent 5 minutes hiding in a mortar crater directly underneath an enemy heavy tank on a flag point on St Quentins scar

He wasn't moving and I wasn't taking any chances!

are there custom server now? i wanted to get the 20 kills in TDM but man thats difficult because assisting kills dont count. had like 18 XD once i had 23 but i didnt have the medal active . DICE has to change the medal system.

Top Bottom