• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Raiden

Banned
Going from COD to this game has been rough and frustrating. I mostly play TDM and I am getting lit up. I am finishing like 2-15. I am using a medic sticking with my squad etc but I am outgunned every single time I see someone. The medic weapons suck and I cannot kill anybody.

I am trying to like this game but it's not fun finishing like 3-17 every match.

Your problem is you're playing it like a COD. I never even touched TDM on any of the Battlefields. Conquest is the way to play, and play the objectives. Join a full squad, follow the orders, adjust to your team and have a blast. Dont think about your K/D save that for COD. But its hard i know, i am a god in calm of duty but in Battlefield im getting my ass handed. But you need to learn this game.

So I take it the only emblems that carry over from BF4 to BF1 are ones made pre-BF1 release?

Tried to get an emblem marked Premium on EmblemsBF into BF1 by importing it into BF4's editor which I had Premium for, and it hasn't shown up in my BF1 emblem list whilst all my pre-BF1 emblems I had for BF4 are there.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So I take it the only emblems that carry over from BF4 to BF1 are ones made pre-BF1 release?

Tried to get an emblem marked Premium on EmblemsBF into BF1 by importing it into BF4's editor which I had Premium for, and it hasn't shown up in my BF1 emblem list whilst all my pre-BF1 emblems I had for BF4 are there.

Where can I change emblems at outside of the phone app?

Grisby

SP is a bit of a mixed bag, but wow at war story 3. That's what I'm talking about.
The music is just too good. Fantastic return to form by DICE.
I'm not a Battlefield fanatic by any means (played a lot of 2 on PC and the xbox arcade one) but when the
theme song kicks in during that last tank bit in Ch1.
Beautiful.

How does the Scout scope work? I know it zooms in on the field, but it seems useless as I cant spot as well as I expect. The flare is awesome if not too much considering it gives constant surveillance

If that emblem is set for bf4, it should show up in bf1. It does the same for me.

Question for PC gear-heads: I have a 1070, 16GB RAM, 3770k. Game defaulted to Ultra everything, 1080p output, 125% scale (I checked in console that it's rendering at higher than 1080p and outputting 1080p). All I changed was enabling vsync, as I believe I was seeing tearing.

It's weird: my TV says the signal it's receiving is 1080i! Receiver says the same thing (it's not doing any scaling or anything).

Seems to still to look great, but it could be that the TV makes it look great.

Any thoughts on why something like this would happen?

EDIT: Exiting to Windows goes back to 1080p. Rise of the TR gives 1080p. I was forced to put a Monoprice HDMI switcher between the PC and Denon receiver (ran out of ports), but I don't see how that would cause 1080i to be born.

Firebrand

Played a bit. OK fun, but I feel like aiming any weapon really is a complete crapshoot. If I meet someone close it can go either way I feel with rifles. Pistols more accurate close up?

Also does anyone know what the difference is between the bombs on the planes? Game doesn't really explain much.

I did an operation and felt like I was having a brain hemorrhage about 70% of the way through.

It was the Oil one and the whole team was just... standing on the mountains miles away from the point. I'd get scouts but it was all of them, medics, supports, even assaults. They got us all the way to the last point on a single run. They got to one sector with 36 tickets and still had 34 by the time they took it. I haven't felt such a strong need to end a session early in a long time.

I can't stress enough how good of an idea it was for DICE to do WW1.

Such a great game.

Indeed. Already front runner for GOTY. I'm just so happy that it runs so well on my setup.

Question for PC gear-heads: I have a 1070, 16GB RAM, 3770k. Game defaulted to Ultra everything, 1080p output, 125% scale (I checked in console that it's rendering at higher than 1080p and outputting 1080p). All I changed was enabling vsync, as I believe I was seeing tearing.

It's weird: my TV says the signal it's receiving is 1080i! Receiver says the same thing (it's not doing any scaling or anything).

Seems to still to look great, but it could be that the TV makes it look great.

Any thoughts on why something like this would happen?

EDIT: Exiting to Windows goes back to 1080p. Rise of the TR gives 1080p. I was forced to put a Monoprice HDMI switcher between the PC and Denon receiver (ran out of ports), but I don't see how that would cause 1080i to be born.

I have a very similar setup, 980ti instead of 1070. Why don't you just play at 100% resolution? That's what I'm doing on my tv. I find the TAA cleans up the jaggies well.:)

I have a very similar setup, 980ti instead of 1070. Why don't you just play at 100% resolution? That's what I'm doing on my tv. I find the TAA cleans up the jaggies well.:)

Well, it defaulted to 125%. I can turn it down, but that's not the point: it has no effect. It still outputs to 1080i.

Annoying though still looks fantastic. Apparently a handful of people had the problem in the beta (Google says) but no other info. May have something to do with "EDID." Actually borderless windowed mode solves it... but also adds ever-present middle-of-the-screen tearing (not worth it).

Well, it defaulted to 125%. I can turn it down, but that's not the point: it has no effect. It still outputs to 1080i.

Annoying though still looks fantastic. Apparently a handful of people had the problem in the beta (Google says) but no other info. May have something to do with "EDID." Actually borderless windowed mode solves it... but also adds ever-present middle-of-the-screen tearing (not worth it).

Does it change to 1080i when you play the game?
What about your desktop resolution?

Here's mine.

jfSIVFl.jpg

MikeDown

Banned
Add me on origin, will try to play some more on Monday. Loveing this game, have mostly been playing conquest. Monte Grappa is an amazing map. Too bad they wet the bed with the single player. Prolouge was amazing tho. Honest I prefer BF3/4's campaign over this, they had some marvolous set peices.
OriginID: CaptainCornhole

v1lla21

Finally finished a whole operation and won! ^_^
Shoutout to Xenorevlis and Net_Wrecker as I wouldn't have done it without their support. All the deaths and revives paid off. You the real mvps.

Pastry

Banned
I think he train is the only behemoth that needs a nerf. On Suez for example it is way too easy to sit in one spot and hit the entire map with the artillery from the thing. It's super cheap.

What do you have to do to take out a tank? I've hit it with the Assault cannon and an anti tank grenade, and it still has plenty of time to immediately murder me while I slowly reload.

Is there a weapon I'm missing?

Smokey

Are class ranking indicators broken?

In game, under customize, I am at least level 3 in all classes except support. Assault shows me close to level 6. In the main menu under Soldier, it shows completely different info. I also only have one achievement that popped for "be level 2 in x class", and that's for Assault.

Recall

Either spotting doesn't work or every person who plays doesn't know how.

Squad leaders should be highliting objectives. Why the fuck miss out on easy extra points that speed up the levelling process?

Does it change to 1080i when you play the game?
What about your desktop resolution?

Here's mine.

It changes to 1080i the moment I Apply Video Settings -- and then it doesn't change when I jump into the game or anything like that. In fact, even other modes like 1080p/30fps actually output fine... but for some reason it decided that 1080p/60fps will be fed as 1080i/60fps no matter how hard I try. Yes, I am seeing a similar readout to what you capped -- but it's showing 1080i. I have a Samsung 55" LED.

My desktop resolution is 1080p/60fps, and the moment I exit the game, my TV informs me it's back to 1080p/60fps. Other games like ROTTR are fine too!

I filed a question on the EA boards just now. Maybe someone on here will have seen this though.

Yeah, the past three games I've played there's been an enemy tank literally everywhere I've been. I've tried so many different weapons and can't seem to take them out. What am I missing here?

v1lla21

Lol Gaz
Yeah, the past three games I've played there's been an enemy tank literally everywhere I've been. I've tried so many different weapons and can't seem to take them out. What am I missing here?
Assault class. Mash that bitch with the grenades, drop some hos, and then drop the dynamite around the tank. It will get you killed but you have a high chance at destroying it.

PrinceKee

I much fucking space does this game take on PS4? I've cleared 89gb and it still says not enough space. I'm not deleting anything else, it's stupid the PS4 won't install anything anyways unless you have 50gb free even if the game doesn't need the 50...

Gaz_RB

Well shit. Guess the tanks always win then. I can't seem to find an ally near any objective in the matches I've played so far.

I'd say squad up with some guys on GAF. Usually if you've got a full squad and a tank is giving your team trouble, you can coordinate assault/support classes to take it out really easily. It's amazing what 4 or 5 coordinated grenades or rocket guns can do.

As for your solo adventures, I've found smoke grenades to be incredibly useful for getting in close for a few grenades/dynamite, or to keep the tank disoriented while you hammer away with the rocket gun.

If you're on PS4, feel free to add me : Gaz_RB

Really happy I picked this up so far. Haven't played a Battlefield game since 3, but I forgot how much I like the formula. Super satisfying when you get a squad with some synergy and you just roll through the map taking points together. I really enjoy playing medic in particular, the moment to moment decision making that comes with asking yourself if it's worth rushing out of cover to help fallen allies or hunkering down to keep the living going leads to some really dramatic moments.

So, rather than waste my time with looking for good looking non premium emblems to copy/page, which seem to be in short supply, I decided to just stop and just make the Overwatch emblem.

https://emblem.battlefield.com/ugHFtNAsHx

Came out pretty nice I say, though I couldn't get the colors quite right. Should work without Premium for anyone who wants it.

GeNoMe

Dice you did it! What a great game. Just finished the single player campaign, which was really well executed! After that I joined a full squad friends for some multiplayer and we all had so much fun. This is what it's all about. I'm real glad.

Either spotting doesn't work or every person who plays doesn't know how.

Squad leaders should be highliting objectives. Why the fuck miss out on easy extra points that speed up the levelling process?

It works fine. You need to be very precise. None of that BF4 shit where youre lighting everyone up. You also need the right scope I think. Lots of people spotting with the flare gun, which I actually find a little too effective

Use rockets. Dynamite is a guarantee if you get close. Use smokes or map sense. Amiens is great for surprising tanks

Use other tanks and airplanes too

Top Bottom