• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

*Splinter

Was this a glitch, or can you not run over horses?

nice-horseu9xsb.gif
I've definitely killed a horse by crashing into it. Think it has to be already wounded though.

Also from that gif I'm not 100% sure you actually hit the horse

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Was this a glitch, or can you not run over horses?

nice-horseu9xsb.gif

You hit a mound to the right of the crater where the horse was in which caused you to jump due to the momentum, I'd say thats what happened not that it forced you away from the horse. I don't see a problem in running horses over, you can run over small vehicles like the bike with the sidecar.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So, I haven't been able to get into a single game.

Instant disconnect after the loading screen. Over and over.

What I doing wrong?

Xater

Already level 7 assault because no one is playing that class. lol

Started using mines instead of the AT Rocket and that was a great decision. Plant 3 mines at a flag and just wait for these tanks to blow themselves up.

Coffinhal

Life of a medic

1 - Successful revive
2 -Get killed going over to team mate
3 - Get to team mate and they are clipping into something and can't be revived (this happens alot to me)

4- People who push the button to respawn very quickly so you don't have the time to revive them (and either get killed or lost precious time)

5- Fighting with another medic to revive the same guy (and get killed)

Rad-

Just had that dynamic resolution bug. For ~10 seconds my game looked like an ugly PSX game. Not even kidding. I couldn't see people running like 20 meters away from me because the resolution got so low. It was sort of funny but I hope it doesn't start happening often.

Already level 7 assault because no one is playing that class. lol

Started using mines instead of the AT Rocket and that was a great decision. Plant 3 mines at a flag and just wait for these tanks to blow themselves up.

It blows my mind nobody is using mines in BF1. They are always one of the best choices to take out tanks in BF games.

What's the difference between 30 and 60 Hz servers on PS4?

Stolen from Reddit:

Tick rate
Tick rate is the frequency with which the server updates the game state. This is measured in Hertz. When a server has a tick rate of 64, it means that it is capable of sending packets to clients at most 64 times per second. These packets contain updates to the game state, including things like player and object locations. The length of a tick is just its duration in milliseconds. For example, 64 tick would be 15.6ms, 20 tick would be 50ms, 10 tick 100ms, etc.

The higher the better.

SDCowboy

Is there a reason why sometimes I can barely move? Like, sometimes I'll try to run of somewhere after being prone or whatever, and suddenly it's like I'm waist deep in molasses.

hydruxo

Put in around 20 hours since thursday, the game is just so good. So glad DICE went with WWI instead of modern miltary or some Sci-Fi setting.

Same here. I've been so tired of these futuristic shooters so the WW1 setting has been a breath of fresh air. They didn't half ass the setting either, everything is so well done.

Xevren

4- People who push the button to respawn very quickly so you don't have the time to revive them (and either get killed or lost precious time)

5- Fighting with another medic to revive the same guy (and get killed)

I really don't get the people that respawn so quickly, like I know it's fast but there's a horde of medics around usually. Let me have my points, damn!

SDCowboy

I really don't get the people that respawn so quickly, like I know it's fast but there's a horde of medics around usually. Let me have my points, damn!

Especially when you're right next to them when they die. I mean, it shows how close medics are to you, so why the hell would you release when you see there is one literally right by you?

But honestly, my biggest gripe as a medic is the slew of other medics that don't actually revive people. Do they just roll medic for the self heals or something?

Tovarisc

I so hope people get over this "Look, pretty pixels" phase soon so we can start have actual conversations about gameplay design, general and map balance.

Xater

Skipping the bleed out is actually not faster than just waiting for skip to appear. You then just have to wait longer to appear at the spawn you selected. It's just people being dumb.

JDB

Banned
Speaking of medics; I have to give DICE credit for fixing the class. Going from next to no revives in the beta to the constant revives in the final game is really nice.

bidguy

Banned
after 20 hours i gotta say we need more maps.... my fav is argonne forest followed by ballroom blitz. hope we see more like those

I so hope people get over this "Look, pretty pixels" phase soon so we can start have actual conversations about gameplay design, general and map balance.

What specifically do you want to talk about? Because most of the posts here have not been about the graphics. Start the conversation you want to have.

aravuus

I can't stop playing as a medic, it's so great.

Just wish that people would stop skipping back to the deploy screen when there's a medic obviously nearby, it's not like you'll spawn any faster anyway. Thank god the skulls at least start phasing out when the player is skipping, won't waste my time running to revive them.

I can tell already they need to tweak support. I don't think the incentive is there for it.

64 player match, 2 support players. I feel like it's been like that all weekend. Running around screaming for ammo in a sea of medics.

I just they buff the magnetic mine. I am 1 metres from a tank and it just falls on the ground. Earths magnet must be super strong.

SDCowboy

Extreme lack of maps? It has basically the same amount as previous BF games.

I guess as someone who's mainly a COD player, I'm just used to tons of maps. I would have thought there'd be at least twice the amount of maps there currently are.

I think the biggest issue is there seems to be two or three maps that almost always pop, and the rest seem to rarely come up. At least for me. Like I played all day yesterday and the jungle only came up one time.

SkylineRKR

I hate the medals. They should come naturally. Now you have to change up. You can make 100 of rifle nade kills, but if you didn't tackle the 100 heals first it doesn't matter. I'd rather see them track simultanously so you can switch up according to the situation and still gain progress on all.

Also still hate assault. Most traversal has to be done through open space, and the Automatico is not an option there. With Medic I pick off so many players with the Mondragon, not to mention I duck and self heal and join the fray nearly instantly again. I probably play assault wrong, but lots of battles are fought from range here.

Tovarisc

namely, that you hate it and its bad and anyone who disagrees is wrong

cant wait for that convosation

Having issues with certain aspects of the game doesn't mean you hate the game. There is middle ground between loving and hating something, it doesn't need to be either or situation.

Having issues with certain aspects of the game doesn't mean you hate the game. There is middle ground between loving and hating something, it doesn't need to be either or situation.

Then stop whining about not having the conversation and fuckin have the conversation. What is it specifically you want to talk about? Speak up and be the change you wanna see in the world instead of sitting on the sidelines waiting for it to happen.

Xater

I guess as someone who's mainly a COD player, I'm just used to tons of maps. I would have thought there'd be at least twice the amount of maps there currently are.

I think the biggest issue is there seems to be two or three maps that almost always pop, and the rest seem to rarely come up. At least for me. Like I played all day yesterday and the jungle only came up one time.

COD usually has 12 maps. So it's a difference of 2 maps.

Ozorov

There will be one free in December. (I hope it's a snow-one)

Redders

Not sure what this game has against me, win % on BF4 is 54% and in this is 39%. Seems like most games I'm in the team is incompetent

Should add I'm consistently in the top 3 to 5, just seems like less people are playing the objective.

Roussow

How are you all getting into Operations games? Just picking one at random and waiting for the game to fill up? It's so hard to get into one with any players compared to every other mode.

Xater

Also if you play assault and really feel like you need more range get the experimental MP18. It shoots with a 3 round burst.

Coffinhal

Sometimes you don't see the medics, who are behind
If you're new to the game, you don't necessarily understand the usefulness of medics
The game pushes you to do it
Maybe you want to change class or spawn at another point

I guess it'll get better when people get used to the rules

SkylineRKR

So is Suez broken or what? I basically won 1000-100 there.

Also if you play assault and really feel like you need more range get the experimental MP18. It shoots with a 3 round burst.

I'm using the optical right now but that sounds good. I'm nearly rank 2.

This game is garbage on PS4. I've only played like 3 hours, and twice it's locked up on me.

The menus are incredibly laggy and unresponsive.

Once I beat the single player, I'll be selling this game promptly.

Top Bottom