• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Mahonay

Banned
This game is a damn blast. I've had three games with over 50 kills on foot. The battles get fucking intense. Last night I don't think I got less than 30 kills in a match. Also the Hellriegel is an amazing gun.

Yeah that thing is OP as all hell. No way it won't get nerfed somehow. It's just so good <3
Yeah I've wiped out groups of 3 to 4 guys in an instant with the Hellriegel before they even realize what's happening. Just hold the trigger down. It's a bullet hose.

I still don't know how I feel about them. Crazy overpowered in some matches, other matches they don't prevent a massive victory. Maybe smoke use is the best thing to do but sometimes you have no defence, you just die.

I wouldn't mind as much if it only shows up on the last defense and if the attackers have a very low amount of progress. Showing up on defense 2 AND 3 is ridiculous.

Raide

I wouldn't mind as much if it only shows up on the last defense and if the attackers have a very low amount of progress. Showing up on defense 2 AND 3 is ridiculous.

Yeah, it should be a last ditch attempt to turn the tides. Having it in 2 and 3 seems a little too much.

Dubz

Been playing all weekend and now I am crashing when I join a game...PC version. Was there a stealth patch today or something?

Loving the dynamites in this game

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
It depends slightly on game mode, but generally the winning team gets a multiplier and the losing team doesn't.

Unless it's operations, in which case all bets are off.

You only get the point multiplier if you win. It was like that in past Battlefield games as well.

Mmmh. I don't really get the final scoreboard then.

How do you use guns you unlocked from the battlepacks?

I unlocked a mondragon, but I can't even find that gun anywhere. Not even the base one, if there is one.

This game is fantastic fun, even if I'm not great at it.

While I wait to be added to the community, anyone want to squad up on ps4? I've only played solo so far. PSN name is SirRugdumph

Beat the game, absolutely loved the single player. Felt fun actually playing a BF game in a stealthy manner.

Finally got around to trying operations and fell in love with it. Friendship ended with Conquest. Operations is now my best friend.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
If a behemoth shows up you work with your squad to take it down. Hell, i single handily made one useless with the tank hunter sniper hero. I just kept shooting the pods with the sniper until it exploded. When the ammo ran out I would go die and respawn. While waiting for it to repop i used mounted machine guns to keep the pods busy and deal some serious damage.

Ended the round with 41 kills, 30 of which were from repeatedly killing people on the blimp pods.

Was hilarious.

The train is even easier, use rockets and shoot the engine (2nd from the front turret i think). Once the engine is dead the train is useless and dies quick.

I still don't know how I feel about them. Crazy overpowered in some matches, other matches they don't prevent a massive victory. Maybe smoke use is the best thing to do but sometimes you have no defence, you just die.

There's a lack of players that know how to take them out. So they ignore them. They just need more attention by teammates

I think theyre fine

However, I agree with the idea that attackers should get an extra life if they push to the next map.

If a behemoth shows up you work with your squad to take it down. Hell, i single handily made one useless with the tank hunter sniper hero. I just kept shooting the pods with the sniper until it exploded. When the ammo ran out I would go die and respawn. While waiting for it to repop i used mounted machine guns to keep the pods busy and deal some serious damage.

Ended the round with 41 kills, 30 of which were from repeatedly killing people on the blimp pods.

Was hilarious.

The train is even easier, use rockets and shoot the engine (2nd from the front turret i think). Once the engine is dead the train is useless and dies quick.

Nice!! If you go prone with the Telescopic BAR you can pick the guys out of those gondolas pretty easily.

Agreed. After dying to an airship about 6 times in 5 minutes I was done with Operations.

Lol what? Really?

I've played almost exclusively operations since launch and anytime I die from the behemoth it's completely my fault. It's not hard at all to get out of their line of sight, now the mortars on the other hand....that's a bit tricky.

The behemoths really aren't that powerful, I've seen good defenses has bring them down within the first minute of a new round, people just don't know how to deal with them yet.

Operations is friggin great, you just gotta play it with some spatial awareness, take cover and keep your head in the trenches like they want you to.

I've played over 15 matches and I have only won one time. I'm getting incredibly frustrated.Every game it's like I'm on a team with a bunch of five year olds.

Lol what? Really?

I've played almost exclusively operations since launch and anytime I die from the behemoth it's completely my fault. It's not hard at all to get out of their line of sight, now the mortars on the other hand....that's a bit tricky.

The behemoths really aren't that powerful, I've seen good defenses has bring them down within the first minute of a new round, people just don't know how to deal with them yet.

Operations is friggin great, you just gotta play it with some spatial awareness, take cover and keep your head in the trenches like they want you to.
My experience was spawn at multiple different locations, attempt to get away from line of sight of the blimp, die. Rinse, repeat. All while trying to deal with foot soldiers on the ground.

Dineren

Banned
Anyone else having issues connecting right now? Everything seems to be working on my end, but I've been trying to connect to a games for 15 minutes and am getting nothing.

Tovarisc

I've played over 15 matches and I have only won one time. I'm getting incredibly frustrated.Every game it's like I'm on a team with a bunch of five year olds.

If you are in team that loses few games in a row then just leave the server and find new one. BF1 doesn't have team reshuffle of any kind so if one team stomps another it won't change if a lots of players don't leave.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone wanna play some Operations on PS4? (FRIGGIN LOVE OPERATIONS)
If you want to chat, i have a headset and bad english.

PSN ID: Fersis_4

If you are in team that loses few games in a row then just leave the server and find new one. BF1 doesn't have team reshuffle of any kind so if one team stomps another it won't change if a lots of players don't leave.
I've been doing that,and I still lose lol. After a while it just starts to hamper the enjoyment of the game :/

Dineren

Banned
Anyone else having issues connecting right now? Everything seems to be working on my end, but I've been trying to connect to a games for 15 minutes and am getting nothing.

Managed to get in using the server browser instead of matchmaking and continue my losing streak.

I'm absolute garbage at it, but this game is spectacular in every sense of the word. No other games make you feel like you're right in the middle of something huge better than this one.

Reminds me a lot of LOTR in terms of scope, which is funny since Tolkien based a lot of the imagery in those books on WWI.

BPK

I've said it before but it's really striking just how much smoother Rush is than Conquest on PS4. It has become my go to mode simply because I can't stand how conquest chugs,.

I'm absolute garbage at it, but this game is spectacular in every sense of the word. No other games make you feel like you're right in the middle of something huge better than this one.

Reminds me a lot of LOTR in terms of scope, which is funny since Tolkien based a lot of the imagery in those books on WWI.
I believe that Tolkien fought in the war as well.

Nekrono

DICE really hit it off the park with BF1, sure the weapon selection is not as accurate to the era, or the focus is not trench warfare, etc, or whatever some people are complaining about the game but I don't really care, the game is really fun and I enjoy the change to a more mechanical warfare, I'm glad we don't have lock-on or all these extremely high rate of fire weapons, etc.

I love the weapons, I love the focus on rifles and the more "raw" aspect of the gunplay. I really hope DICE explores other settings like the french revolution, firing the Martini-Henry feels like firing a musket and I love it!

Great job DICE, by going back in time you brought new life to the franchise without losing that "Battlefield" feel.

NHale

DICE really needs to implement a system where if the squad leader doesn't give out orders after X minutes, he should be demoted and the leadership spot goes to another person.

I'm tired of always requesting orders and the squad leader never does anything. I didn't play many matches but every single one of them I never had a squad leader giving orders.

Also having a squad of 4 with 3 scouts sniping from the base while in attack in operations is not very fun. Oh my sweet KDR that will make me the greatest guy on the block!

Bollocks

fuck, I don't like the setting but all those impressions making it hard to miss out on the game. I already bought Mafia 3 and Tomb Raider this month, my girl will kill me if I buy another :/

*Splinter

DICE really needs to implement a system where if the squad leader doesn't give out orders after X minutes, he should be demoted and the leadership spot goes to another person.

I'm tired of always requesting orders and the squad leader never does anything. I didn't play many matches but every single one of them I never had a squad leader giving orders.

Also having a squad of 4 with 3 scouts sniping from the base while in attack in operations is not very fun. Oh my sweet KDR that will make me the greatest guy on the block!
Make your own squad. Kick snipers. Problem solved.

Yes!!! Or reminders for the SL when they aren't issuing orders. Sometimes you have to reach out and actually instruct people on how to do it.
Make your own squad. Kick snipers. Problem solved.
That's another solution, but I prefer having a full squad. The ability to spawn on teammates is critical in this game.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Don't like how much the cavalry and handguns got nerfed from the beta.

Armored vehicles remain a big nuisance. I get that it's WWI and all, but jesus... The swivel on the attack train's turrets is ridiculous.

While in a game or viewing the results of one, the menus load very slowly. I hope they patch that. After all, it's just results and should be already saved.

Maximus P

The limpet mine should take out a tank in one explosion if you attach that thing directly to it, or you should at least have 2 so you can put them both on.

There's nothing worse than sneeking up behind an un suspecting tank only for your mine do nothing other than draw attention to yourself getting you killed and the tank left to self heal.

StewboaT_

So is there a way to deal with the zeppelin in operations? Love the game mode but a few matches now have been straight up ruined by that thing.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Bringing up the Origin overlay breaks turrets and vehicles. Atl-tabbing fixes it.

Imagine if the steam overlay did this.

I bet they never used that overlay in QA :D

So is there a way to deal with the zeppelin in operations? Love the game mode but a few matches now have been straight up ruined by that thing.

Shoot it down with AA or anything else that goes boom? Even the K bullets does damage to it.

Top Bottom