• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

ThisOne

How do you quick repair a tank while inside it? My friend sent me a picture showing an icon in the bottom left while he was in a heavy tank with a repair symbol and then a lightning bolt and he said that when he pressed the button (left on the directional pad, I think), it repaired him some almost instantly.

I haven't ever seen that icon.

Maximus P

So is there a way to deal with the zeppelin in operations? Love the game mode but a few matches now have been straight up ruined by that thing.

Don't spawn at A or B. Spawn at the main spawn point at the back, get on the near by AA gun and pound the cabins hanging from the main blimp, once they're out, work on the engines (2 in the middle side by side). You may get taken out, but keep rinsing and repeating until you see the fireworks.

Ozorov

How do you quick repair a tank while inside it? My friend sent me a picture showing an icon in the bottom left while he was in a heavy tank with a repair symbol and then a lightning bolt and he said that when he pressed the button (left on the directional pad, I think), it repaired him some almost instantly.

I have seen it in that biggest tank. Was left on the D-pad yes

Maximus P

On consoles?

Hold down LB/L1.

I'm not sure if you need to be rocking the support class though, as I always use support.

Edit: I can't read.. Instant heal? I don't know, I've never seen it.

Clydebink

Neo Member
On PC, what is the best way to get into an Operations match? Seems like right now I just pick one, choose 40 or 64 and hope that there will be people there when it loads.

Tovarisc

People really love to just hold the spawn button and ignore the fact that a medic just left their cover and is 10m away and closing fast.

Let me revive you!

For some reason Band of Brothers episode The Breaking Point always pops into my mind when hauling ass as medic mid-combat reviving and healing people in BF1. Shit gets dicey so fast and people holding space to close down revive window makes one so frustrated.

The Breaking Point has focus on Easy's medic during their time in Bastogne.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185906/

MattyG

Banned
I've been absolutely destroying people with the MP18 Trench. It's a. It tough to use at range (though I can successfully burst fire to make it work) but my god it's a monster when you hip fire.

This is how I used to feel playing Bad Company 2. In 3 and 4, I would get 1 or 2 kills and die. In this, I'm back to my old BC2 skill level with anywhere from 5-10 kills in one life and usually a taken objective or two. Feels good to see that score rack up.

For some reason Band of Brothers episode The Breaking Point always pops into my mind when hauling ass as medic mid-combat reviving and healing people in BF1. Shit gets dicey so fast and people holding space to close down revive window makes one so frustrated.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, that's one of the best episodes. I need to watch this again.

Mugenjin

Only some tank loadouts have it. They all have different abilities like dropping health/ammo, smoke, tread repair and actual health repair.

Recall

If you're a squad leader and don't issue commands then you're a a bit of a twat. Why would you miss out on all those easy points?

Tovarisc

I've been absolutely destroying people with the MP18 Trench. It's a. It tough to use at range (though I can successfully burst fire to make it work) but my god it's a monster when you hip fire.

This is how I used to feel playing Bad Company 2. In 3 and 4, I would get 1 or 2 kills and die. In this, I'm back to my old BC2 skill level with anywhere from 5-10 kills in one life and usually a taken objective or two. Feels good to see that score rack up.

You will love Automatico M1918 Storm then. It's MP18 Trench on steroids.

Tecnniqe

Banned
On PC, what is the best way to get into an Operations match? Seems like right now I just pick one, choose 40 or 64 and hope that there will be people there when it loads.
giphy.gif

I need to watch that again. Need to purchase it which I never get around to tho :3

anthraxus

Banned
Do they have a hardcore game mode or something, without all the super casual crap ?

(spotting, health regen, direction of fire indicators, mimi map/radar..)

edit: guess not

Yeah, no. I'm gonna sell this game.
- snipers everywhere
- classes are not fun to use (except for medic)
- mediocre map design
- vehicles are not fun
- long loading times
- technical issues

god, I miss games like Bad Company and BF1943

what a letdown

- snipers everywhere
- mediocre map design
- vehicles are not fun
- long loading times
- technical issues

what a letdown

Cya. Some of those are ridiculous reasons, but we've made our case to you already.

Maximus P

- snipers everywhere
- mediocre map design
- vehicles are not fun
- long loading times
- technical issues

what a letdown

I agree with some of these points but I'm still enjoying the game immensely.

Snipers are too much, especially in operation game modes when a large portion of either team are using the class rather than using any sort of team work. I'd like to see a limit in that game mode.

And load times are ridiculous, I'd like to see them shortening.

B00TE

So is there a way to deal with the zeppelin in operations? Love the game mode but a few matches now have been straight up ruined by that thing.

Enlarge the minimap (Touchpad on PS4, no idea on other controllers) and find an AA gun. I usually try to aim at the cannons that players are firing from, you can usually get them to either try to hit you or they'll bail in a panic.
Only been killed once from someone firing back at me.

I feel bad playing scout since I find the rifles satisfying to use, but I'm pretty bad at actually sniping. Whenever I want to play one, I usually don't join a squad and just do stuff by myself. Extra spawn points yeah, but I feel kinda bad. Gotta learn someway though.

SDCowboy

You can as long you don't hit posts.

Every time I've tried to hit someone from literally like a foot away through the spindles, it does zero damage to them. And with things being so destructible, I'd think the bullets would just tear the railing up.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Shame you don't like it.
- snipers everywhere
I wish they'd just remove the whole class. Makes little sense for all these perfect scopes to lay around, if anything make them a medium range bolt class and not camp for days like all the other games
I quite enjoy all of them. Assault is my "oh squad got a support that gives ammo", medic is my "this'll come in handy" support is my "TAKE ALL THESE BULLETS" and scout is my "fuck all y'all campers as I run to the objective".
- mediocre map design
Outside the massive open sand maps I quite enjoy the maps
- vehicles are not fun
Fun as in what? Play against or use?
- long loading times
SSD does wonders for this game
- technical issues
??

what a letdown
If anything this is more of a positive "Oh wow they did it again!" compared to my initial "It's just another BF game with a new skin". While some aspects are, they pretty much nailed it outside the obvious automatics everywhere and those things.

I'm having a great time with this game so far. Having the in-gane minimap be a different orientation than the spawn screen still throws me off, though. And I gotta love when I'm dead and see a Medic 2M away. Wait, 3M away. Now 5M, 10M, aaaaand he's gone. :D

Omfg. The med range snipers are sooo fun. Reminds me of BC2

Sniping in CQC with beautiful headshots and using flares to fish out enemies. So good.

All classes are so fun. Love the destruction of assault and support hammer and limpets are really useful.

nOoblet16

Not a fan of Operations mode, it's just a worse rush mode. Defending is tough and requires a lot of teamwork to take down vehicles due to their numbers and most of the time I'm just dying to infantry while me and my squadmates are coordinating to take the vehicles out. So even if your own squad is doing well it's a lost cause more often than not because most of the other members in your team aren't doing much.

The worst part is that even if you win round 1 you have to do the same against an amped up attack, it can be difficult to engage the behemoth depending on the map and what capture point you are on. Attacking on the other hand seems much simpler due to the options available.

Enlarge the minimap (Touchpad on PS4, no idea on other controllers) and find an AA gun. I usually try to aim at the cannons that players are firing from, you can usually get them to either try to hit you or they'll bail in a panic.
Only been killed once from someone firing back at me.

I feel bad playing scout since I find the rifles satisfying to use, but I'm pretty bad at actually sniping. Whenever I want to play one, I usually don't join a squad and just do stuff by myself. Extra spawn points yeah, but I feel kinda bad. Gotta learn someway though.

If you are targeting other snipers, then you are playing your role. Besides the number of snipers, the big problem is that snipers focus on picking up unsuspecting infantry, and not the snipers in the hills picking your team off the objective. With the weapons/classes based on ranges, proper counter-sniping is pivotal. That's why they give you a bonus for it. So if that's what you're doing, there's nothing to be worried about.

SkylineRKR

Not a fan of Operations mode, it's just a worse rush mode. Defending is tough and requires a lot of teamwork to take down vehicles due to their numbers and most of the time I'm just dying to infantry while me and my squadmates are coordinating to take the vehicles out. So even if your own squad is doing well it's a lost cause more often than not because most of the other members in your team aren't doing much.

The worst part is that even if you win round 1 you have to do the same against an amped up attack with behemoth. Attacking on the other hand seems much easier due to the options available.

I was on the attacking side on Suez, we steamrolled the defense but lost the entire game because we didn't take the last objective. Its just Rush spanning over more maps and with higher playercount.

Perhaps it's been too long since I've played Battlefield, with it's very quick time to kill, and I'm still running around like I would in Overwatch, but I'm finding this game so TOUGH.

My kill death ratio is pathetic, I'm spawn dying loads (maybe I'm not picking spawn locations carefully, I can't get to grips with any class except medic.

SDCowboy

The worst part is that even if you win round 1 you have to do the same against an amped up attack. Attacking on the other hand seems much easier due to the options available.

Yeah I gave operations a few goes for a couple hours, and it's just not for me. I'll stick with good ol' conquest.

Mugenjin

What do you mean by this?

In BF4 you can see an animation when you change the rate of fire, i.e. the hands flicking a switch on the gun so you know that you changed the rate of fire. I don't remember any animations for the few selectable rate of fire guns I've tried but then again I just leave the BAR on full auto.

Perhaps it's been too long since I've played Battlefield, with it's very quick time to kill, and I'm still running around like I would in Overwatch, but I'm finding this game so TOUGH.

My kill death ratio is pathetic, I'm spawn dying loads (maybe I'm not picking spawn locations carefully, I can't get to grips with any class except medic.
Sounds exactly like me.

Game seems pretty good but I fucking suck at it. Coming from Overwatch where I'm pretty damn good is rough.

Top Bottom