• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

SDCowboy

They need to significanly increase the amount of points one gets for reviving people. Maybe then, more medics will actually do so.

I'd also like the class rank to actually mean something. Like, maybe if I'm a lvl 10 medic, my healing chest heals faster than a lvl 1.

nOoblet16

DICE finally made a game where the destruction is better than in BC2.
You can't completely bring down almost every building/structure...so nope not better.

Seems to me that you can only destroy walls and sides rather and it won't really bring down the roof, I for one haven't seen anyone die off from demolition yet so pretty sure it's not there.

Tovarisc

You can't completely bring down almost every building/structure...so nope not better.

Flattening every wall of every building had huge drawbacks on map balance, so not allowing every wall and building to be demolished is better for balance. Tanks and planes are already insanely powerful in BF1 when played well with so allowing all cover to be blow would make them absurdly powerful.

nOoblet16

Flattening every wall of every building had huge drawbacks on map balance, so not allowing every wall and building to be demolished is better for balance. Tanks and planes are already insanely powerful in BF1 when played well with so allowing all cover to be blow would make them absurdly powerful.
Yea I get that, but I wasn't talking about balancing now was I? Just that the destruction is not better than BC2 by the virtue of you not being able to flatten almost every building in BF1 like you could in BC2.

Argonne Forest

Anyone else having problems with the Support Enlistment and Assault Enlistment trophies?

Reached rank 2 with both, but the trophies did not unlock. Medic and Scout did so though :/

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Playing the early access was much better than the full release since squads were helping more. I expect plenty of useless players to leave once Titanfall and Call of Duty arrive leaving the more experienced and helpful Battlefield players behind.

I hope they get a patch out soon though because some of these problems should not be here.

Anyone else having problems with the Support Enlistment and Assault Enlistment trophies?

Reached rank 2 with both, but the trophies did not unlock. Medic and Scout did so though :/

I think my Medic (3) unlocked but Assault (9) hasn't. Haven't reached rank 2 on the others. I checked up Trueachievements last night and noticed many people have the same issue with Assault not unlocking for XB1 and others reporting its the same for PS4.

Apparently though if you complete the campaign on Normal then start straight away on Hard on the tank campaign it glitches and unlocks the Hard achievement/trophie instantly. :p

RoKKeR

I haven't gotten these either. On Xbox. Seems like they are broken.

SeanR1221

People were saying they liked the mondragon for medic right? I just tried it and I feel like I like the m1916 more. I don't like only having 10 bullets

Anyone complete "Order of the Golden Heart" challenge?

I made it to stage 5 but after several club and then a few shovel kills it hasn't progressed at all. What else other than clubs and the shovel are considered blunt?

Edit: nevermind shows as completed now lol

Xevren

Yay, managed to get the medic medal before the weekly was done. I'm terrible and didn't think I'd get 5 kills in a life. Watching good people play I just don't know how they can do it, this series is just so brutal. Try and take it slow and I just get barraged from everywhere.

Theorry

Selbstlader is good also. Just shoots abit slower then the Mondragon. But has alot more bullets and a quick magazine reload.

So is there anyway to get BF1 to work with adding a non game to steam, every time I try to add it and launch it through that I don't get the steam overlay.

Tovarisc

Medic

Played MP a lil bit. I realy dislike the way you repawn. Why do you need X that long. It feels a bit off

Want fast respawn cycles play TDM or DOM. In Conquest it's intentional that respawn cycle is long.

So is there anyway to get BF1 to work with adding a non game to steam, every time I try to add it and launch it through that I don't get the steam overlay.
  1. Add bf1.exe to Steam
  2. Close Origin
  3. Run bf1.exe from Steam
  4. ???
  5. Profit

Theorry

Played MP a lil bit. I realy dislike the way you repawn. Why do you need X that long. It feels a bit off

Do it only if there is no medic arround so you get the spawnscreen faster. But you will not respawn faster. So just let it run out of there are medics nearby

SkylineRKR

Sweeper is absolutely underrated. Its stable as fuck, deals great damage (3 bodyshots?) and has surprisingly good range. ROF is low, but you can't have everything. If you've played Destiny, this thing fires like the old Regime. With better sound.

My best games have been with either this or the Mondragon Storm.

Medic

1. Add bf1.exe to Steam
  2. Close Origin
  3. Run bf1.exe from Steam
  4. ???
  5. Profit

What the heck, jeez I've added it three times and tried all three times but it never worked and now it did..... thanks lol guess there is a difference between searching for bf1.exe and the one i kept linking steam to in the origin folder?

Such a good weapon.

U57pQaw.png
If that's the gun I'm thinking of... Does it unlock at like level 1? Maybe I had a different version? I wasn't a big fan at all. I just got to medic 2 and got the Mondragon and despite the smaller clip I like it much more.

Could definitely be thinking of the wrong gun though. 21 clip mag and a long gray gun, right?

Foxxsoxx

Magazine. Mondragon uses clips. Sorry i just had to ;)

Whoops.

Anyway I'm really enjoying the multiplayer but I'll admit I don't think the appeal will last as long as BF3 and BF4 did. I think the game itself is fantastic, but there is much less variety this time around in terms of vehicles, weapons, etc.

It's a very fun experience but I don't think it'll retain a lot of players for more than a few weeks and months, with the hardcore obviously staying a lot longer.

What do K Bullets do?

Light damage on vehicles, not very effective unless you have multiple snipers shooting at once.

Tovarisc

What the heck, jeez I've added it three times and tried all three times but it never worked and now it did..... thanks lol guess there is a difference between searching for bf1.exe and the one i kept linking steam to in the origin folder?

There shouldn't be difference, but you can always play safe and manually locate bf1.exe from installation folder.

So the medal tracking is totally busted for everybody else, right?

In a sense that it doesn't track what medals you have completed for the week already? Yes.

Also why I have to track at least one medal at any given time? Unnecessary HUD clutter.

SkylineRKR

So the medal tracking is totally busted for everybody else, right?

Everything is busted. Progression circle on main menu is not the same as in my stats. Class progression lags behind in the soldier tab. Generally the whole thing is slow as fuck and not being able to buy via the soldier tab is an odd omission.

Top Bottom