• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Kaversmed

Every match feels like 40% Scouts, 40% Medics, and 20% The Rest.

Source: I'm a dirty Medic and I always have to fight other Medics to res nothing but crappy Scouts.

Who can blame people really, the guns those classes have are absolutely awesome to shoot with. Looks like people aren't really missing those SMG's.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
The production level on these War Story cutscenes are great. I'm actually loving the single player.

The Beard

What? Almost every round is a sea of medics. Now many don't bother to actually revive, but still. lol

They were pissing me off last night. Between medics within 5m not reviving me, and support not dropping ammo after a dozen + requests, I was wishing friendly fire was turned off so I could drop those fools.

SkylineRKR

There must be a reason why medics are so popular. I don't think they were this dominant in BF3 and 4. BC2 could be, because of the M60 being a sniper there.

Is it the weapons? You would think most noobs choose assault because, well, its the damage dealing class.

Kaversmed

There must be a reason why medics are so popular. I don't think they were this dominant in BF3 and 4. BC2 could be, because of the M60 being a sniper there.

Is it the weapons? You would think most noobs choose assault because, well, its the damage dealing class.

For me, it is absolutely the weapons. Selbstlader <3

The way BF1 (and BF in general) is this:

You see a tank and there is no assault class near you
You need to be revived and no medic is near you
You need ammo but no support is next to you
You need spotting but no scout is next to you (said no one ever)

And then when there is a class near you, they either don't have ammo, never revive/heal you, or already threw their anti-tank grenades at barbed wire

RoKKeR

There shouldn't be difference, but you can always play safe and manually locate bf1.exe from installation folder.

In a sense that it doesn't track what medals you have completed for the week already? Yes.

Also why I have to track at least one medal at any given time? Unnecessary HUD clutter.
No, as in I've completed at least some of the requirements and none of them register.

Tovarisc

Who the fuck thought it's good idea to make bunkers with steel doors that can be locked from inside, but can't be busted without nuclear warhead? 4 Rocket Gun shots, 4 heavy AT nades and several sticks of TNT later doors are still intact.

ffs

Sky87

Holy shit shotguns have absurdly long OHK range.

Shotguns are rarely one-hit kills at range. You need 2-3 shots at 10-20 meters.

What i feel should be toned down is mortars and snipers. Mortars aren't OP when you're dealing with one or two, but when the entire enemy team seem to use it, you have no chance to move near objectives. At least remove the ability to see enemies on the map when they're firing and limit ammo to 3 (and no resupplying for it)

Snipers should be one-hit-kill by headshots only. They seem way too easy to use. They also need to impose some kind of sniper limit per team.

Hopefully most of these issues will be fixed with rented servers.

Just finished mud and blood. Even though the game is such a typical shootet story, the real world events and the bleakness of it all adds so much.

Like, if we got a good dev like Naughty dog to do a story in thi setting, it would extraordinary

real history context for these war games has been so sorely missed. I dont know how sci fi shooters like COD can continue the way they do.

Kaversmed

Who the fuck thought it's good idea to make bunkers with steel doors that can be locked from inside, but can't be busted without nuclear warhead? 4 Rocket Gun shots, 4 heavy AT nades and several sticks of TNT later doors are still intact.

ffs

Yeah wth!? How do you get these open?

For everyone having problems unlocking the multiplayer rank trophies on PS4 i had the same problem but got all now.

You have to level twice a rank / all once in one go on one server so they get unlocked.

Trophies didnt pop for me too then i read about the server thing.

So be sure you rank twice on a server in some games without leaving it to get the trophy.

Same goes for ranking all to 1.

Jb

The guns for the assault class have a pretty short range. I know used to be an assault guy in previous BFs but switched to medic and support because their guns are more viable for medium range battles.

You blow them up.

Technically I don't think you HAVE to get them open, at least not in any game type that involves capturing points. In Operations, for example, standing on top of the bunker counts for capturing it just as much as being inside so if enemy players want to hang out inside behind the doors they can't stop your team from staying up top and taking the point anyway.

The guns for the assault class have a pretty short range. I know used to be an assault guy in previous BFs but switched to medic and support because their guns are more viable for medium range battles.
I do it because I'm horrible at shooting people in this game. But as a medic I can heal myself and also heal/Rez people to help the team and get some easier to achieve points

Sky87

And I just got my ass handed to me repeatedly by shotguns one hit killing me to ~15m.

They could have been headshots or you could have been at low health. Someone else could have hit you a split second before they did as well.

Try using a shotgun yourself, it usually takes a few shots at any real range.

So I can't seem to unlock some weapons even though I do have the required number of warbonds and there doesn't seem to be a rank requirement. How does that work?

Mugenjin

I've only gotten one battle pack. Is it completely random?

Seems completely random except that MVP has a much higher chance of getting a battlepack in my experience.

So I can't seem to unlock some weapons even though I do have the required number of warbonds and there doesn't seem to be a rank requirement. How does that work?

You can't unlock them from the main menu yet but you have to be ingame.

Weapons have a war bond price and a class rank level. The number next to the weapon will let you know what rank you need to be for that class. Weapons unlock at class rank 1, 2, 3, and 10.

You can see your class level in the upper left when you're on the customization screen in a match.

nOoblet16

Shotguns are rarely one-hit kills at range. You need 2-3 shots at 10-20 meters.

What i feel should be toned down is mortars and snipers. Mortars aren't OP when you're dealing with one or two, but when the entire enemy team seem to use it, you have no chance to move near objectives. At least remove the ability to see enemies on the map when they're firing and limit ammo to 3 (and no resupplying for it)

Snipers should be one-hit-kill by headshots only. They seem way too easy to use. They also need to impose some kind of sniper limit per team.

Hopefully most of these issues will be fixed with rented servers.
Isn't that the case already ?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone else having problems with the Support Enlistment and Assault Enlistment trophies?

Reached rank 2 with both, but the trophies did not unlock. Medic and Scout did so though :/

ffs

Few throws of dynamite will fuck the hinges and locks up, the doors can still be closed but can't be locked.

I'm hearing mixed things about mixing controller and kb+m play on the PC version. Do you have to go either-or, or can you use both interchangeably? Would like to use my controller for vehicle controls only and then kb+m for everything else.

Mugenjin

Isn't that the case already ?

Emphasis on only. Sniper rifles have a range (e.g. 40-75m depending on the rifle) where they one hit kill with a chest shot. I still can't fathom why DICE made this change. Sniping is already quite easy with the extremely high bullet velocity.

at store right now cant start a poll but ill take count, Mafia 3 or BF1?

BF1 is way more solid as a whole IMO, I'd wait for Mafia to go on sale and get a few more patches to fix stuff.

Also this is the best battlefield since Bad Company 2, to me at least but yeah It's great. 35 Hours in and I'm not slowing down.

I'm surprised by the small amount of skins the battlepacks have. I've already gotten all the legendary weapons. No puzzle pieces though.

None of my favorite guns have skin variants though, unfortunately.

They were absolutely dominant in BF3, at the very least. The Defibs were incredibly powerful tools, and revive trains were how many Rush matches got won. You couldn't really do anything about it, which is why they got nerfed pretty hard in BF4. Also, you know, M16A3.

I imagine the Medic's popularity in BF1 is more about the DMRs. They were quite popular in BF4 because they were all-class.

thenexus6

Semi auto rifle is godlike

Jezbollah

Is it just me or is anyone else having to log onto the Battlefield website to unlock weapons using war bonds rather than in game?

SnipeyMcGee

I'm hearing mixed things about mixing controller and kb+m play on the PC version. Do you have to go either-or, or can you use both interchangeably? Would like to use my controller for vehicle controls only and then kb+m for everything else.

It works flawlessly, at least in my experience. I use a controller for flying, everything else is M&K. Changes all on screen prompts instantaneously once it detects a single input.

Smokey

For everyone having problems unlocking the multiplayer rank trophies on PS4 i had the same problem but got all now.

You have to level twice a rank / all once in one go on one server so they get unlocked.

Trophies didnt pop for me too then i read about the server thing.

So be sure you rank twice on a server in some games without leaving it to get the trophy.

Same goes for ranking all to 1.

Sorry, but I'm not following. What do you mean you have to level twice a rank? I'm having the same issue but on Xbox with achievements.

Top Bottom