• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

There must be a reason why medics are so popular. I don't think they were this dominant in BF3 and 4. BC2 could be, because of the M60 being a sniper there.

Is it the weapons? You would think most noobs choose assault because, well, its the damage dealing class.

medic semi-auto rifles are the most versatile weapons in the game

assault in bf1 requires you to close the gap between enemies which you didnt have to do in 3 or 4

Nodnol

Had a few fantastic games with randoms earlier. Best squad I think I've ever been in. Leader was constantly giving out orders, and we would all follow his command. We stuck together, first aid and resupplies flying everywhere. So good.

Acinixys

Nice textures Dice

10/10

NNn5dOj.jpg

medic semi-auto rifles are the most versatile weapons in the game

assault in bf1 requires you to close the gap between enemies which you didnt have to do in 3 or 4

Yeah, I agree

In BF3/4 you have stuff like the M16 and ACE which dominate both close and medium range. But now with BF1 everyone plays the long game with all these rifles

Really hope snipers get nerfed though. Feels extremely lame when you get one shot KOd in the chest by an idiot 10m away

Sorry, but I'm not following. What do you mean you have to level twice a rank? I'm having the same issue but in Xbox with achievements.

For the "Reach Rank 2" with a class trophy you have to rank twice so that it notices that you reached it because when joining a new server it thinks you are Rank 0 so you have to rank twice so that it thinks you are Rank 2.

I was Rank 1 already and ranked twice on a server with a class so i got the trophy with Rank 3 because it thought im on Rank 0 and not 1.

Decided to give the medic class a try as I was getting bored of having to get so close to be effective with the assault class and I'm instantly having a better time. Gonna miss not having anything to deal with tanks, but semi-auto rifles are too much fun to pass up. So satisfying to use.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Battlefield it is. I hear Mafia 3 is good but it sounds like a good game to sit down with and play during christmas break esp after a few patches have come out

SkylineRKR

Medic is my most used class as well, but its not something I would choose if I were new to this series. I recently switched to assault to powerlevel it to 10.

Medics are great fighters. Sniping dudes with the Mondragon, popping self heal and continue the onslaught. They have grenade attach as well, can even damage vehicles.

Assault on the other hand, its the engineer class without the M4 or ACW. I know about the Hellriegel, but its rank 10 only. Takes time to get there.

Just pointing out lazyness. They could have easily just added something here instead of leaving it blank.

Yea, I'm assuming it can't all be gold, or it wouldn't run. But I don't know enough about the textures impact on performance. If that's a RAM limitation, GPU, CPU, or none of the above.

Tovarisc

What happened to player skill level? Getting constantly teams that can't hold even 1 out of 6 caps for longer than 30 seconds at the time. Makes game super shitty.

Xater

I must be the luckiest son of a bitch. I just got 3 Battlepacks in a row and have 2 of the 3 Legendary skins available right now.

It takes too long to level your class...

Only if you don't do well. I got to level 10 Assault super quickly. Level 2 Scout took me forever. Glad I never have to touch that class again.

Still playing with my EA Access time, but as much as I enjoy the game, I dunno if I'm gonna buy it.

If people were salty about Overwatch's cosmetic only stuff, I can't imagine how so many people are fine with paid map DLC, loot boxes tied to progression, and the loot boxes being tied to random Counter-Strike like drops.

The progression in this game is absolute shit.

Lakitu

st5fu
Still playing with my EA Access time, but as much as I enjoy the game, I dunno if I'm gonna buy it.

If people were salty about Overwatch's cosmetic only stuff, I can't imagine how so many people are fine with paid map DLC, loot boxes tied to progression, and the loot boxes being tied to random Counter-Strike like drops.

What do you mean by lootboxes? Battlepacks? They are cosmetic only though aren't they?

What gadgets do you guys use for medic?

My current medal want me to get rifle grenade kills but it feels really weird to not have the syringe and healing packs on a medic.

Zombine

Banned
Only if you don't do well. I got to level 10 Assault super quickly. Level 2 Scout took me forever. Glad I never have to touch that class again.

But they don't even tell you the indicators. Is it points? Do you lose points by performing horribly? I find myself in top 10 frequently and still at rank 1 for support.

Xater

But they don't even tell you the indicators. Is it points? Do you lose points by performing horribly? I find myself in top 10 frequently and still at rank 1 for support.

It's class specific actions as far as I can tell. So you need to do repairs and hand outlots of ammo to level up.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Been playing the campaign, and this game easily has the best soundtrack the franchise has had in years.

Although, it's not like BF3&4's wub wub set a high bar anyway.

Xater

Been playing the campaign, and this game easily has the best soundtrack the franchise has had in years.

Although, it's not like BF3&4's wub wub set a high bar anyway.

I can't tell you how much I missed this kind of monumental orchestral soundtrack. It's just so good, even in MP.

Model-10 shotguns are beast! I've been having fun with this class as it serves as a tank buster or infantry killer:

Assault
Any of the Model-10 Shotguns
Anti-Tank Grenades
Dynamites
Gas Grenades

giphy.gif

In a week we will all be running with the martini, just saying :D
The martini is really fun, but I think the SMLE is easily the better gun. 10 rounds versus 1, much faster bullet velocity, much smaller time between shots. If I'm not mistaken, the martini has a 10 meter greater Oone hit kill to the chest range, but that's about it.

Because the content in the lootboxes are irrelevant to the game. There isnt much or significant content hidden behind the lootboxes like there is on OW.

Everything that effects the game is unlocked just by playing it and not relying on a gambling system.

So there's absolutely no way to customize outside of a game on console besides the app? The companion doesn't work well at all on my phone (Nexus 6p). Strikes me as a huge oversight. Is there a patch planned to add customization outside of games?

Also, I'm surprised to hear that people hate SMGs. I think they feel great. You don't have to be entirely accurate since the game rewards you for suppressing or even just hitting the enemy. This is one of the few games where spraying and praying is a play style acknowledged by the game itself.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Can someone help? I can't get into a single fucking game.

Oh damn, really?

Nvm, leveling up classes just takes a long time then. Where does it even show class rank progression?

Definitely in the class customization screen (in-game), possibly in the "Soldier" tab on the main menu.

In the class customization screen it's on the top right.

What's the difference between all the variants for the guns? Like the Selbstlader has 3 different types to choose from.

This video explains things pretty well.

Stiler

So, I finally tried my hand at dogfighting today (BTW what happened to that "air superiority" mode???) and what the heck is with the controls?

HAve they seriously made it where airplanes can't control their ailerons? So you can't even do a basic aileron roll? It feels just like the HORRIBLE Battlefront flight mechanics, where you are hamstringed from having full complete control of you rplane and instead the game doesn't allow you to do basic moves.

Please tell me I'm missing something or can you seriously not roll your plane??? I have to ask if so owhy? What on earth is the point to not allowing people full control of that?

Sorry, but I'm not following. What do you mean you have to level twice a rank? I'm having the same issue but on Xbox with achievements.

For the "Reach Rank 2" with a class trophy you have to rank twice so that it notices that you reached it because when joining a new server it thinks you are Rank 0 so you have to rank twice so that it thinks you are Rank 2.

I was Rank 1 already and ranked twice on a server with a class so i got the trophy with Rank 3 because it thought im on Rank 0 and not 1.

Basically, you have to level up 2 times, from 1-3, or from 7-9, doesn't matter. It just has to be in one single session, without leaving the server. So don't play operations. You will have to play and stay in the same lobby until you level up twice.

You also have to get one level for each class in one session, and probably 25 orders in a session as well.

So there's absolutely no way to customize outside of a game on console besides the app? The companion doesn't work well at all on my phone (Nexus 6p). Strikes me as a huge oversight. Is there a patch planned to add customization outside of games?

Also, I'm surprised to hear that people hate SMGs. I think they feel great. You don't have to be entirely accurate since the game rewards you for suppressing or even just hitting the enemy. This is one of the few games where spraying and praying is a play style acknowledged by the game itself.

Yes has been confirmed to be added to the menu soon.

Top Bottom