• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Foxxsoxx

When you have a bayonet equipped it takes you longer to ready your weapon after a sprint. That's why I don't use them on the SMGs of Assault.

Huh I didn't know that. Do the menus even say anything about that?

So I usually play 40 man Operations and I like it a lot. I just tried 64 man and that's way too much of a clusterfuck...

Nameless

Anyone try slugs yet? Loved then in BFBC2 with the 870, but they weren't great in BF4. Flechettes outclassed them pretty easily.

Anyone try slugs yet? Loved then in BFBC2 with the 870, but they weren't great in BF4. Flechettes outclassed them pretty easily.

They are solid, not as good as BC2 but a decent mid-range alternative for the assault class. Unfortunately, when I play Assault I'm usually not really looking to fight at that range, and generally prefer something more consistent up close. The "hunter" variant is a good medium IMO, it gives you a tighter spread so you get bit more range but it doesn't completely hamstring you at close range.

SilentRob

Anyone know on which maps light vehicles easily destroyable with my K bullets spawn the most at? I'm trying to get the "challenges" done and I have to destroy 3 vehicles with K bullets. Most of the time someone else finishes the vehicles off since I do pretty low damage per shot.

Tovarisc

Can someone clarify random deviation again. Full auto long range with smg is bad right

Think it like this; Cone starts from end of your barrel instead of straight linear line. Cone grows longer your fire without releasing trigger. With SMG's you want burst fire to range, at close just spray.

They gonna add more primary weapons? There really aren't that many, especially if you play assault and dont like shotguns lol.

"20 new weapons to use."
Gonna have to pay $$$ since its coming as part of the DLCs
But for real, I think it's due to the limited use of submachine guns in WW1. They are already pushing into experimental and prototype weapons such as Hellriegel.

The Beard

Still playing with my EA Access time, but as much as I enjoy the game, I dunno if I'm gonna buy it.

If people were salty about Overwatch's cosmetic only stuff, I can't imagine how so many people are fine with paid map DLC, loot boxes tied to progression, and the loot boxes being tied to random Counter-Strike like drops.

The progression in this game is absolute shit.

Lol. What game have you been playing? Battlepacks are filled with useless weapon skins.

Progression is perfect IMO. The more you play the objective and help your team, the faster you rank up.

Am I missing something, or does this game NOT (officially) track KDR? I don't see it anywhere on the Soldier tab. The closest thing is Kills Per Min.

I hope I'm not missing it, because if this is true, it's one of the best things Battlefield has ever done! Less worrying about KDR, more worrying about playing the objective even if it means taking big risks!

*Splinter

Anyone know on which maps light vehicles easily destroyable with my K bullets spawn the most at? I'm trying to get the "challenges" done and I have to destroy 3 vehicles with K bullets. Most of the time someone else finishes the vehicles off since I do pretty low damage per shot.
Something I tried (that didn't work).
-Take a transport vehicle, ideally a bike
-Weaken it so that 1 more K bullet will destroy it
-Drive to the enemy home flag, and park it just outside the capture area on a main road to the next nearest flag, facing the next flag
-Hide nearby, make sure you have a clear view of the bike and look roughly at it so it doesn't de-spawn
-Wait
-Wait longer
-Free bike, right here, someone take it please
-Dont mind the flames
-Keep waiting
-Once an enemy mounts the bike, shoot it!

Like I said, it never actually worked. I must have spent 15+ minutes waiting on various maps, and the only time someone took the bait my first shot didn't destroy the bike (no idea what went wrong) and I was killed before I could shoot again.

:(

I got that challenge by luck in the end, kill stealing from tank v tank battles. Horrible challenge.

If you play with friends you could maybe get them to help you as well. Share the pain.

Brohan

Am I missing something, or does this game NOT (officially) track KDR? I don't see it anywhere on the Soldier tab. The closest thing is Kills Per Min.

I hope I'm not missing it, because if this is true, it's one of the best things Battlefield has ever done! Less worrying about KDR, more worrying about playing the objective even if it means taking big risks!

You can see KDR and other detailed stats in the Battlefield Companion App for smartphones and tablets.

Tovarisc

Spawns in this game are flaming pile of garbage. Constantly throwing you into places with absolutely zero cover so 10 snipers and medics can instantly cross map snipe you.

You can see KDR and other detailed stats in the Battlefield Companion App for smartphones and tablets.

Ah, my phone is a piece of garbage and couldn't even run the app anyways, so I can at least happily live without ever being able to see (or at least worry about) my KDR. :) I'm definitely going to be playing more recklessly from now on. I think it'd be great if they ditched it all-together.

Nameless

They are solid, not as good as BC2 but a decent mid-range alternative for the assault class. Unfortunately, when I play Assault I'm usually not really looking to fight at that range, and generally prefer something more consistent up close. The "hunter" variant is a good medium IMO, it gives you a tighter spread so you get bit more range but it doesn't completely hamstring you at close range.

Ahh I see, thanks. It'll be interesting to see where shottys go. Right now they seem to be purely situational, not something you're going to run with the entire round, which is probably exactly what they should be. Not a big fan of running Assault anyway, I'll wait for a double XP event to unlock all of them.

GravyButt

Any websites showing pictures of what the sights of guns/opticals look like? I forgot what optical gun I bought but holy crap it took up the whole screen and was not "optical" at all

Edit : mp18 optical

Nameless

It shows your cumulative Battlefield KDR on the 'Career' tab, but no, the game doesn't seem to acknowledge it much at all.

Jesus some people are not very bright in this game.

The game is tight, I'm here taking this flag alone, no reason at all to spawn on me.

The Beard

Spawns in this game are flaming pile of garbage. Constantly throwing you into places with absolutely zero cover so 10 snipers and medics can instantly cross map snipe you.

Yeah, they need to work on that. I understand when you spawn on a teammate you're sort of rolling he dice, but when you spawn on a flag there's no reason you should ever be placed in a tank's crosshairs, or a sniper's.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Operations is a dumb mode and I don't get the GAF love for it.

"Oh, you defended against the attacking team TWICE and were successful in the reversal role? TOO BAD! YOU GET TO FIGHT THEM AND THE TRAIN A SECOND GODDAMN TIME AND LOSE!"

Pigeon's isn't much better either. Small ass maps where you run around like a headless chicken to run the timer out and then throw the bird and hope the entire enemy team doesn't Duck Hunt it.

#WhensMarvelSabotage!? I guess I'll be sticking with Rush until Sabotage is reintroduced. Bizarre how DICE-SE dropped it when it was the best fucking mode they introduced in BF4.

Lol. I emptied all 3 dynamite in a heavy tank and got it only down to 33%

I wonder if I would have gotten it if I attacked from the back

Operations is so great.

When your team takes an objective and you get the okay to move forward, the music kicks in, shits blowing up all around you, smoke, gas and fog fill the air, dirt and debris are flying all over the place, explosions, grenades, gunfire, the sound of bullets zooming past your head, boots stomping all around as you hear a massive roar from all the other players characters, yelling, screaming, shouting, calvary galloping past you, tanks kicking up mud and blasting their cannons, planes in the air creating thunder in the sky. All that with War Tapes and surround sound is something else.

Playing the last campaign now and i will be happy when i am finished. The enemy a.i is not existing and sometimes very glitched, which makes the encounters very boring and annoying at the same time. Seems like some chapters even have infinite spawning enemies, which is not cool.

I would rate the campaign 5/10 at best.
Can not wait to jump back into the multiplayer, which really is incredibly fun.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Definitely. We would need some details tho.

Any game mode I select dumps me back to the menu with a server disconnect message.

Won't get past the loading screen.

nOoblet16

Operations is so great.

When your team takes an objective and you get the okay to move forward, the music kicks in, shits blowing up all around you, smoke, gas and fog fill the air, dirt and debris are flying all over the place, explosions, grenades, gunfire, the sound of bullets zooming past your head, boots stomping all around as you hear a massive roar from all the other players characters, yelling, screaming, shouting, calvary galloping past you, tanks kicking up mud and blasting their cannons, planes in the air creating thunder in the sky. All that with War Tapes and surround sound is something else.
Good.. now play defense next time and see how much you hate it.

Also war tapes is actually a the worst setting, it makes bass, treble and everything els louder but it also compresses the audio and you lose a LOT of depth in the audio and there is little difference between soft and loud sounds. So for instances all footsteps sound loud regardless of distance. There is a reason why the game has a setting called HiFi.

It's basically there to exaggerate all the sound effect up to 11 to sound meatier on bad speakers (since they can't do depth properly anyways), if you have a decent speaker system or headphones you are much better off with HiFi.

Kalentan

Damn. I was really hoping more skins would be in the Battlepacks after the reset. :(

Guess they only made 1 Automatico M1918 skin the game. :(

Basically, you have to level up 2 times, from 1-3, or from 7-9, doesn't matter. It just has to be in one single session, without leaving the server. So don't play operations. You will have to play and stay in the same lobby until you level up twice.

You also have to get one level for each class in one session, and probably 25 orders in a session as well.
Exactly. I was lucky that i had every class like 95% to Rank 2 so i just needed to play like 6,7 games on a server to get all 5 trophy because i was so close to rank with

each class it was just like ranking just with each one once to get all trophies.

Tovarisc

Damn. I was really hoping more skins would be in the Battlepacks after the reset. :(

Guess they only made 1 Automatico M1918 skin the game. :(

Those aren't synced across players, all players get different skins into their pool. So maybe RNG just didn't roll well for you.

nOoblet16

Good lord--Friends in High Places is corny.
Someone told me it along with the tank campaign was the best one and far better than Lawrence.

Nope...I don't see it. For me Lawrence's campaign is the best (final mission is not bad, you just have to read the patterns), followed by theAustralian one and then the Italian one (which was quite short though).

CHC

Is it me or do the cutscenes before Operations pause to buffer EVERY single time, regardless of connection speed?

Top Bottom