• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

aravuus

Damn it DICE, let me start sprinting from crouch/prone. Holding sprint doesn't always even make my character stand, it just does nothing. It's so annoying since it's hard to sometimes tell if you're crouching or standing and if you need to haul ass, better hope you were standing so you can sprint.

Interesting that this game and Titanfall 2 require 16 GB of RAM for recommended settings. I guess 8GB is not the sweet spot for gaming anymore?

I just ordered 32GB of RAM off of Amazon, yay for futureproofing. Though it was DDR3, not DDR4. >_<
Oh well, hopefully this 4670k will last me a few more years. Just OC'd it to 4.4 GHz last night.

I've read that they made ranking up classes way slower now? I hope that's not true...

Someone suggested earlier that there was actually a "bug" that caused ranks to happen quicker than intended, so they actually fixed it to be normal now. No source with that, though, so who knows.

I put bug in quotes since it sounds more like somebody fat-fingered the XP amounts needed, if true.

thenexus6

Playing this online with my Sony golds 7.1 headphones, custom audio preset and war tapes preset in game is insane. One of the craziest experiences.

Games like this deserve to be played with good audio setups.

SkylineRKR

Class xp seems to be bugged. I got a 4 on screen on 2 classes but only became level 3. Or was that something different? My player level is way above that...

FX-GMC

Damn it DICE, let me start sprinting from crouch/prone. Holding sprint doesn't always even make my character stand, it just does nothing. It's so annoying since it's hard to sometimes tell if you're crouching or standing and if you need to haul ass, better hope you were standing so you can sprint.

THIS. So much this. Didn't they fix this in the beta at one point?

Ostinatto

The menus on PS4 are super laggy, it's frustrating.

Also after a game ends there is no way to quit the game? i have to wait for the next game to start to exit?

Falchion

Playing this online with my Sony golds 7.1 headphones, custom audio preset and war tapes preset in game is insane. One of the craziest experiences.

Games like this deserve to be played with good audio setups.

That's actually a good idea. I've just been playing over my TV speakers, and even though the game sounds fantastic, I need to try it out with my nice headphones.

Loving the game so far but I was so disappointed that the first campaign mission with the Harlem Hell fighters was only ONE mission. I went back and tried to click on it to go to the next one and realized it was only one mission.

EricGRIT09

Neo Member
What does war tapes do?

I believe technically it reduces the dynamic range, meaning there will be less of a difference in loudness between quiet and loud sounds.

What does that mean for you? A more intense sounding game, where gunshots and explosions are louder, more intense, and you can hear the smaller audio details more clearly while all that is going on. Some feel like it makes it seem like you are more "in the action", but sometimes it is a bit exaggerated. Personal preference but some of the other modes are more accurate - accuracy doesn't necessarily translate into more enjoyable, though.

Yeah, not a fan of war tapes. The sounds are less directional to me and it overwhelms the little things.

It reminds me of those popular heavy bass headphones that go boom boom and sound flashy, but at the cost of overall fidelity.

Hey guys, are medals bugged right now? I've been doing the support class one forever and it still says I don't have 20 suppression assists. Pretty sure I have almost 50 at this point.

Makes the dynamic range almost non existent so everything is super loud.

I believe technically it reduces the dynamic range, meaning there will be less of a difference in loudness between quiet and loud sounds.

What does that mean for you? A more intense sounding game, where gunshots and explosions are louder, more intense, and you can hear the smaller audio details more clearly while all that is going on. Some feel like it makes it seem like you are more "in the action", but sometimes it is a bit exaggerated. Personal preference but some of the other modes are more accurate - accuracy doesn't necessarily translate into more enjoyable, though.
Cool. Thanks for the replies. I'll try it out if it is still surround. I love when developers put more audio options in.

aravuus

Had to give assault a quick whirl to get rid of a tank, ended up killing a bunch of people with the default SMG, MP 18 Trench. It was pretty damn great tbh, might try and play as assault more.

Shame I still see everyone's health bars though, not being able to heal people was too painful lmao

DaciaJC

Gold Member

I've noticed that if I spawn on a teammate who is crouching or prone, the game won't let me sprint directly from that position. But if I go prone myself, say, to use the AT rocket gun, I'll always be able to go directly into a sprint, as far as I can tell.

I don't know why that first case occurs, and I agree that it is something that needs to be fixed. Another thing: on PC, when sprinting, I noticed that tapping RMB to go into ADS will only halt my character, not actually raise my weapon. I have to hold RMB for a little bit when sprinting to actually transition directly into ADS. Pretty annoying and not an issue I recall BF4 having.

THIS. So much this. Didn't they fix this in the beta at one point?

Yeah, I'm REALLY hoping this is a bug and not by design. Needs to change ASAP.

Anyone have issues with Shadowplay and this game? I generally can get it to record one clip, but then if I try again it won't record and then all shortcuts stop working (even when the game is off).

I'm believing it has something to do with the full-screen errors people are having, but I also have it set to record desktop so the whole thing is strange. I've even tried changing my shortcuts in case they were interfering with something to do with the game (for example I had a binding set to the one that removed the UI in Overwatch at one time and that really messed up things).

Tovarisc

Yeah, not a fan of war tapes. The sounds are less directional to me and it overwhelms the little things.

It reminds me of those popular heavy bass headphones that go boom boom and sound flashy, but at the cost of overall fidelity.

Even with Headphone setting for audio it doesn't provide one with clear and proper directional audio. Games audio landscape from directions to sound source distances to volume levels is embarrassing mess. I can hear pin drop 300 meters out, but I can't hear enemy 5 meter out firing his colt at my head. Just like with BF4 I must play more and almost purely by visuals as audio causes more harm than helps you.

Edit: In a sense DICE has gone for theatrical / cinematic feel which ends up sacrificing certain things from gameplay perspective

What exactly are in battlepacks this time? In BF4 it was other-faction weapon attachments, camos, and 2XP bonuses, as such having them for sale wasn't offensive at all.

Recall

If you don't know how to issue commands as a squad leader then you're a dumb cunt.

No ifs or buts about it.

So many useless squads today :(

What exactly are in battlepacks this time? In BF4 it was other-faction weapon attachments, camos, and 2XP bonuses, as such having them for sale wasn't offensive at all.

Just weapon skins. Not useful at all. Supposedly boosts are supposed to be but I haven't got any. I just save up for the best ones by scrapping all the lame stuff.

Jb

Just weapons skins that you can either keep or trade for scrap (which allows you to buy more battlepacks, I think?).

Tovarisc

Weapon skin and with very, very low possibility 1x puzzle piece. You need collect 5 pieces of specific set to unlock unique melee weapon, there is 2 weapons to unlock. 40h in and about 20 boxes later I have one puzzle piece.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey guys, are medals bugged right now? I've been doing the support class one forever and it still says I don't have 20 suppression assists. Pretty sure I have almost 50 at this point.

You have to "track" a single medal first and complete the requirements in order.
Yes you read that right, in order. (SMH DICE, SMH)

Any idea what was in the patch? I'm hoping for Hardcore mode sooner than later.

Just weapon skins. Not useful at all. Supposedly boosts are supposed to be but I haven't got any. I just save up for the best ones by scrapping all the lame stuff.

I had a puzzle piece drop for my on Saturday. They seem pretty rare, though. I'm also not interested in any of the puzzle weapons. I kinda hope they do more with them in the future. Maybe some dog tags?

You can get them quite frequently in Team Deathmatch. I had a bunch of them drop while I was working towards one of the medals.

Don't forget if you save scrap to buy the higher tier battlepacks, it will have rewards not found in the lower tier ones. Atleast that's what I understand.

Horp

I just bought the game.

30 mins later still doesn't show in my games library. Reinstalled Origin, cleared all caches in app data. Now it says it can't retrieve my games at all. Sweet.

Not to worry, support will answer my case in 14 days. Rediculous.

Tovarisc

Any idea what was in the patch? I'm hoping for Hardcore mode sooner than later.

Notes: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/44346/battlefield-1-update-10242016#latest

Don't forget if you save scrap to buy the higher tier battlepacks, it will have rewards not found in the lower tier ones. Atleast that's what I understand.

They have same items as overall pool of lowest quality box. Higher tier boxes just trim out lower quality drops while increase possibility of getting puzzle piece. Basically scrap shit until you can get 900 box.

Top Bottom