• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Was playing yesterday and getting access to the armored train on one of the city maps is the most fun I have had in a while. So many kills from either direct hits or debris kills. Also the dreadnought was quite fun if only the driver was smart enough to move forward so the cannon I was on could actually hit the majority of the map.

Has anyone had a glitch where your screen will go completely teal while in a bomber/ on St Quentins Scar? (one of the two causes it)

I think it has to do with my headshot indicator color being teal but I'm not sure.

Also the glitch where you can't aim or drive in vehicles unless you alt tab out first, what the hell is up with these bugs.

Pheace

Hey guys, are medals bugged right now? I've been doing the support class one forever and it still says I don't have 20 suppression assists. Pretty sure I have almost 50 at this point.

Remember you need to do them in order, top to bottom, they won't count till you're on that step. (annoying as hell)

Horp

Can everyone else access their games?
I can't retrieve my list of games in Origin. PC.

Edit:
After a number of logouts/logins it finally worked.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't want to get eye cancer from playing BF1 :/

Problems?
15140115177_f9c65a6518_b.jpg

Need to give those snipers something to look at.

Zoracka

I really want to like the game and play it, but the constant rubber-banding on all servers are really frustrating. It's not major, but there are small hiccups making the movement feel very heavy. I don't remember it being like that during the beta.

CHC

Man I could really do without the long ass narration before Operations. I know it's a loading screen but it's so choppy and disjointed anyway, I'd rather look at nothing.

I really want to like the game and play it, but the constant rubber-banding on all servers are really frustrating. It's not major, but there are small hiccups making the movement feel very heavy. I don't remember it being like that during the beta.

It's that good old DICE release window jank. These problems should hopefully be ironed out in 2 years..

Joking aside, I've been getting rubberbanding here and there, mostly while flying. What's weird is when it happens, the enemy planes become insanely hard to shoot down. Like they seem to take weird sharp turns that would normally be impossible to do.

Pheace

I've had nothing but stellar performance so far but then again I have an I7 and the dutch EU conquest servers are 3ms away.

Ahh glad I'm not the only one noticing this. The gameplay feels quite sluggish and heavy indeed. BF4 felt way more fluid, direct and overall faster. Especially the aiming and shooting itself feel quite different in BF1, not sure if I like it yet. Perhaps it's just a matter of getting used to it, after 1500 hours of BF4.

Also, the PS4 seems to have way more frame drops in 64p games compared to BF4, really hoping the PS4 Pro can improve in this area.

Notes: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/44346/battlefield-1-update-10242016#latest

They have same items as overall pool of lowest quality box. Higher tier boxes just trim out lower quality drops while increase possibility of getting puzzle piece. Basically scrap shit until you can get 900 box.

Has someone done a sample of this yet? In the last Black Ops it was actually better to buy the cheap ones (at least at launch, not sure if they ended up tweeking this as I left the game).

Mahonay

Banned
Has someone done a sample of this yet? In the last Black Ops it was actually better to buy the cheap ones (at least at launch, not sure if they ended up tweeking this as I left the game).
With the top level Battlepack are guaranteed a legendary skin with a possible puzzle piece.

Mahonay

Banned
You shouldn't be having constant rubber banding unless you're playing in servers outside your region.

I've only ever seen single individual players rubber banding that are struggling with a poor connection.

Tovarisc

Yeah never made much sense to have camo on tanks just to plaster everything with white stars all over.

If I remember right they stopped painting those stars at some point during offensive because Allies also realized that they serve as perfect aim spots for Germans.

cooldawn

exactly. It does not feel right.
Yeah...it's not pure Battlefield for sure. I've got an ever-expanding list of things but off the top of my head but the main points are
- poor map design (or at least poor objective placements that seem to imply poor map design)
- seems like they forced Battlefront's movement mechanics in to a Battlefield game (or rather took Battlefront's 3rd person controls and hoped it changed things up in Battlefield's 1st person view)
- the ebb and flow is completely lost...which is more in-line with frantic Battlefront action too

I reckon someone who experiences these for the first time would pair Battlefront and Battlefield 1, not Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1.

It even more arcade. It's that different.

Zoracka

You shouldn't be having constant rubber banding unless you're playing in servers outside your region.

I've only ever seen single individual players rubber banding that are struggling with a poor connection.

I play within my region (Europe) and my ping is fine. Sometimes there's just something about the movement, it feels like the game is fighting against you. It's not the obvious rubber-banding where you suddenly teleport back 2-5 feet, not at all. Some servers are better than others, but generally I've been having this problem in majority of my (admittedly) few games.

Mahonay

Banned
I play within my region (Europe) and my ping is fine. Sometimes there's just something about the movement, it feels like the game is fighting against you. It's not the obvious rubber-banding where you suddenly teleport back 2-5 feet, not at all. Some servers are better than others, but generally I've been having this problem in majority of my (admittedly) few games.
Hmm, I mean yeah the player movement definitely doesn't scream snappy. BF4 had the same issue in it's first year.

After the game ends you get like 5 seconds to quit to the lobby. Is there any way to view your match's progress after quitting? I want to see how my squad did, how I did, etc. without loading into another game.

BF1 is great! I've been playing since BF1942 and have played all the games (even illegitimate 2142 haha) since on PC. Lots of great memories with this series. I'm quite glad to say that BF1 is a high point for the series, in my opinion. A close second would be BF4.

I'm playing on PC (4770K/GTX1080/PG279Q) and so far the game runs great and looks second to none. There are a few issues with the game, but I see the patch (today?) seems to have addressed a lot. That said, I feel like this game has some serious polish.

More than previous BFs, I find myself switching between classes much more frequently, as all 4 feel very situational to me. For me, the situational nature of BF is what keeps me coming back more than anything. I always want just one more death to improve or try again. The single player campaign is fine, and as much as I love Battlefield, multiplayer is the game.

What I'm really waiting for now is a sequel to Day of Defeat: Source :D

Mahonay

Banned
After the game ends you get like 5 seconds to quit to the lobby. Is there any way to view your match's progress after quitting? I want to see how my squad did, how I did, etc. without loading into another game.
DICE completely took away the ability to look at your previous matches, on console at least. It's really fucking annoying.

theapg

Holy cow. After about 6 hours of conquest I finally had enough time to try operations. That was incredibly fun. What is this talk about the attackers being disadvantaged? We were the attackers on the Italy map and won with 35ish lives left. Was I just playing a terrible team or did the fix whatever was wrong with the patch.

Also, being squad leader is so much fun. I thought it would be too overwhelming, because in conquest it definitely could, but it's pretty simple for operations. I got more points in this one game than almost my last 3 hours combined.

kriskrosbbk

After hunting the 60hz servers on PS4 server browser the whole evening, now all of a sudden more than 10 appeared in Europe. Go favourite.

*Splinter

Holy cow. After about 6 hours of conquest I finally had enough time to try operations. That was incredibly fun. What is this talk about the attackers being disadvantaged? We were the attackers on the Italy map and won with 35ish lives left. Was I just playing a terrible team or did the fix whatever was wrong with the patch.

Also, being squad leader is so much fun. I thought it would be too overwhelming, because in conquest it definitely could, but it's pretty simple for operations. I got more points in this one game than almost my last 3 hours combined.
First or second map? Attackers very rarely win the second map, especially the Italian one. I've only seen it once in all the times I've tried it (although in that game we absolutely steamrolled them with 40 + a whole battalion remaining).

CHC

I feel like Battlefield finally needs to yank off the bandaid and take K/D ratio off the scoreboard to begin with - like, fuck it, just list points. However you get them, you get them. That should be the mark of your success. K/D is really outdated and encourages the wrong type of play.

CoLaN

I feel like Battlefield finally needs to yank off the bandaid and take K/D ratio off the scoreboard to begin with - like, fuck it, just list points. However you get them, you get them. That should be the mark of your success. K/D is really outdated and encourages the wrong type of play.

Absolutely.

The team score is more than enough. Im tired of seeing team mates take bad decisions just to preserve their precious k/d ratio.

Top Bottom