• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

So... we still can't customize our solder outside of a match? This is seriously annoying after this was a basic feature of BF3 and BF4. I always hate spending minutes of a round just looking at all the different weapons in the menus and changing up my vehicle loadouts.

It's disabled... for now. Not sure when they're supposed to enable it.

The Lamp

My last 5 attempts at Operations on PS4 has had the server disconnect on me in the middle of a match. Never had this problem with other games.

What a mess.

So... we still can't customize our solder outside of a match? This is seriously annoying after this was a basic feature of BF3 and BF4. I always hate spending minutes of a round just looking at all the different weapons in the menus and changing up my vehicle loadouts.

they got an app download out of me from it, but it's really not that bad since I can just adjust my loadout on a break

Wait
So there aren't 60hz servers on consoles and were just mislabeled? lol Guess the issues I was experiencing yesterday were specific to those servers? Hit reg just being terrible?

Yup it sucks. I was really hoping for an intense campaign with big battles fighting alongside lots of allies pushing through tough situations in the vein of classic Call if Duty and Medal of Honor campaigns. Sadly those games still did the different sides of war better
Yep. At least through this mission, I'm having a hard time understanding the praise. It's pretty standard heroic nonsense so far.

wrongway

Haha, so apparently the flare gun can potentially set you on fire when you shoot it. Must be a cousin of the TV missile suicide bug. :p

JJD

I'm having a weird experience with BF1.

The first time I tried playing it, the controls just felt wrong. I could barely follow enemy soldiers on the tank. Everything felt off.

I stopped playing and only came back on Friday. Everything felt right again (like the beta). I had some great matches and a lot of fun.

Tried playing again today and controls were off again. To the point that I could barely aim the stationary cannon at the armored train on suez. I noticed that even after I stopped moving the sticks the reticule would still move a bit on the screen. I couldn't even get out of the stationary cannon properly. I would get stuck.

I checked my internet and everything seems fine, I'm only playing on local servers too.

It's a shame my experience has been so hit and miss. The game is fun.

Menus are a chore to navigate as well.

God damn. Tanks heal too fast. Got 3 dynamite on mine and no one followed up so he was nearly fully healed when I respawned.

Thankfully, AT mines instantly kill. More assault need to lay them down.

Would be nice if teammates marked tanks. That way I could at least line them up with planes.

Didn't thread through the past few pages, but did the new patch do something to the class levels?

Was level 11 support, but now I'm level 5. Played the class for 16 hours. WTF.

Didn't thread through the past few pages, but did the new patch do something to the class levels?

Was level 11 support, but now I'm level 5. Played the class for 16 hours. WTF.
Yes, the ranks were bugged and people were getting high ranks from doing little. Your current rank is now the right rank but you keep any high ranked weapons you unlocked.

This game is not fun when you end up in a team that doesn't know what it's doing.

Yup.

I was in 4 different games today, in Rush and Conquest, I tried multiple squads and not ONE of them knew how to set an objective. So all the squads were running around like idiots. Haha.

I eventually found a squad that used them, and then I eventually became the Squad Leader, and our team won 3 in a row, with my squad taking a lot of the top spots.

Yes, the ranks were bugged and people were getting high ranks from doing little. Your current rank is now the right rank but you keep any high ranked weapons you unlocked.

Ah. Weird. I thought for sure I was the right rank with 16 hours worth of playtime on the support. At least I unlocked all the BAR variants :]

I've been binge playing this game. Battlefield always has that effect on me.

Yeah, I've been binging on it. I have +50 hour now. It's just so easy to lose track of time. Each game takes around 25 minutes, so two games are almost an hour. Plus this game is just really fucking good.

The artillery truck is... amazing. Don't really like the Fao Fortress map, but it's fun when running around chopping people down with the horse and sword, plus blasting people from the hills in the artillery truck.

WillyFive

The newest update broke the menus for PC with a controller. The game keeps removing the controller button marks, making the menus glitch wildly anytime you use a controller.

What does being the squad leader mean? This is my first Battlefield game pls halp

As a squad leader, you can press the Q or Right Shoulder Button to give orders to your squad (like telling them to capture an objective). If your squad follows your order, everyone in your squad gets lots of points.

Alright, that's much better. Thank you.

Now, why don't they show you the progress you made with each class at the end of the round? Another thing I remember appreciating from BF4.

The new class ranking requirements are absurd given that there's nothing to unlock beteween 3 and 10. If I didn't already have the level 10 assault gun, I'd be a little annoyed. Small wonder why they left it out of the patch notes.

Got into a game with persistent assault that made short work of tanks. Good teammates are awesome

Unlocked the BAR. It's lethal, but I honestly love the default LMG. Im telling you guys, use the AA scope

People are wrong about the LMG I think. It does it job of mowing down 2-3 enemies without reloading and suppresses them. You just have to hope you dont get hit first

you just look at a flag and press

You don't have to look at a flag with BF1 (at least not on consoles). You click a button and all flags appear in a circle and you select a flag. It's very convenient. Also, the list of flags on the top show you what's what. In the previous game, you couldn't if you were taking or losing a flag when it blinks white. That always annoyed me. With BF1 you can always tell at anytime.

It means you hold the spot button on flags so your squad will like you.

The newest update broke the menus for PC with a controller. The game keeps removing the controller button marks, making the menus glitch wildly anytime you use a controller.

As a squad leader, you can press the Q or Right Shoulder Button to give orders to your squad (like telling them to capture an objective). If your squad follows your order, everyone in your squad gets lots of points.

Your only job is to always keep an objective marked. This means more points for you and your squad and everyone is happy.

Looks at an objective and press spot on it.

You can give out orders (attack and defend). On PC you just look at a flag and press Q, I don't know what the console button is for it. If those orders are accomplished you get extra score.
Thank you boos <3

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
FUCK THESE STUPID TANK MISSIONS AND FUCK THOSE FAST LITTLE TANKS PAINTED LIKE MONDRIANS

You don't have to look at a flag with BF1 (at least not on consoles). You click a button and all flags appear in a circle and you select a flag. It's very convenient. Also, the list of flags on the top show you what's what. In the previous game, you couldn't if you were taking or losing a flag when it blinks white. That always annoyed me. With BF1 you can always tell at anytime.

You can probably do that on PC. I just always look at the flag though. I haven't really messed with the command wheel too much.

Wait
So there aren't 60hz servers on consoles and were just mislabeled? lol Guess the issues I was experiencing yesterday were specific to those servers? Hit reg just being terrible?

Scratch that.

60hz servers are there but they seem to change the tickrate for whatever reasons. Most 60hz servers I saved yesterday are now 30hz except for two. When I posted earlier I only had 30hz available and figured the patch had something to do it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I love how the opening tries to impress on you how quick and easy it was to die charging around the battlefield, and then in the first Through Mud and Blood missions, they have you roaming around like a one-man army clearing the road.

For a tank.

Sigh. Dunno why I expected better.

Infantry screens for armor aren't unusual. You have to remember that you couldn't hit 'c' back then to get a 3rd person view of your tank and watch every flank all by yourself. You couldn't hit 'q' to spot mines/explosives in your path. You couldn't rely on magic flares to put anybody nearby on your nonexistent minimap.

FUCK THESE STUPID TANK MISSIONS AND FUCK THOSE FAST LITTLE TANKS PAINTED LIKE MONDRIANS

U need to constantly go out and repair the tank and pop back in

There is also an at sniper

Scratch that.

60hz servers are there but they seem to change the tickrate for whatever reasons. Most 60hz servers I saved yesterday are now 30hz except for two. When I posted earlier I only had 30hz available and figured the patch had something to do it.

So 60hz console conquest?

Hjod

Banned

Sorry, I almost died from laughing when I read this. I thought it said mandarins.

Yeah those little bastards got me so many times, I played on hard so I couldn't face down one of those bastards, I had to sneak around and use the buildings as cover.

Xux

Wow, I'm having a lot of fun with bolt-action rifles in this one; they almost feel viable this time.

CryptiK

You're upset that DICE rewards players who play the objective in the objective based game mode, "Conquest"? Wat? You can't be serious. Play TDM, dude.

I have a 800 Score/min and a 1.5 K/D (which isn't great). I play the objective. I'm always in the top 5 on the leaderboard.
No DICE rewards flag running. Taking one objective and running to another for more points. Noone defends anything anymore because all the points are in capping it. So its run off flag 2 seconds later enemy caps flag run off curreny flag go get other flag back. Its stupid. The new points system rewards capturinv objectives thats it. And people think they are doing good because they have a high score, when in reality they are just letting enemies capture the flag they just gained because they run off to the next onjective.

Wow, being a squad leader makes you feel so great. I was the Top Squad Contributor 6 matches in a row.

Rush is amazing. Best game mode to be perfectly honest.

CryptiK

Hasn't Battlefield as a series always been about "flag running" (objectives)? I've been playing since BF1942, and Conquest has always been mainly about keeping the majority of the flags up first, then the kills. So BF1 is exactly like an actual Battlefield game - and to me, it feels more "Battlefield" like than any game in the series I've played since Battlefield Vietnam back in 2004.
Ivw played this game since 1942 and flag running isnt what you think it is. Because the game has never been about that. Flag running is one of the downsides of the point system. Cap One flag run off to another. Thats flag running . So the flag you just captured now has no defense and 30 seconds after you have run off it its probably being recaptured by the enemy.

Tecnniqe

Banned
No DICE rewards flag running. Taking one objective and running to another for more points. Noone defends anything anymore because all the points are in capping it. So its run off flag 2 seconds later enemy caps flag run off curreny flag go get other flag back. Its stupid. The new points system rewards capturinv objectives thats it. And people think they are doing good because they have a high score, when in reality they are just letting enemies capture the flag they just gained because they run off to the next onjective.
Actually a squad leader can put defend on the flag and you get 100/200 or something points for just sitting there for 20sec or something.

But there are more points in capturing, as there should be.

I think the respawn system needs some patching. People are too damn impatient, one should not be able to skip to the map screen so fast. Just wait 5 seconds to propably get revived by a full time medic like me and also have the bonus to get a better kd ratio??????? Damn, I hate that blinking reviving/dead symbol.

Top Bottom