• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Aters

Fuck 12 men Rush. It feels bad when you are in the third team and have only one teamate to spawn on. How hard is it to make it 15 vs 15?

I have to say it's an improvement over 16 vs 16 though. Being that one guy sucks.

Actually a squad leader can put defend on the flag and you get 100/200 or something points for just sitting there for 20sec or something.

But there are more points in capturing, as there should be.

I actually try to make this a priority since I know everyone else will run to the next point as soon as we get another. I think people will learn though. At least I hope they do.

So many attackers stupidly fail to defend a flag they have. So annoying

Really need a voice over that states "We need to defend our flag"

Ardenyal

So many attackers stupidly fail to defend a flag they have. So annoying

Really need a voice over that states "We need to defend our flag"

On a 5 flag map you can bet the first 2 flags are forgotten the second they're first capped. Then you have a meatgrinder on C flag until someone wins.

Lone wolfing the rest of the flags can be fun but it quickly becomes just a boring point run between flags.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Got into a game with persistent assault that made short work of tanks. Good teammates are awesome

Unlocked the BAR. It's lethal, but I honestly love the default LMG. Im telling you guys, use the AA scope

People are wrong about the LMG I think. It does it job of mowing down 2-3 enemies without reloading and suppresses them. You just have to hope you dont get hit first
It seems harder for Support to perform area denial in BF1, which was my preferred role for that class. I wouldn't even mind the low damage if suppression was still an effective tactic. It's too easy to return fire.

nelchaar

They got to reward the assault class for attacking the tanks. The fact that a tank can take all my rockets and still stand doesn't particularly make me want to attack it.

Holy shit, why didn’t I use this gun before. The M1903 experimental, it actually makes scout fun believe it or not. It’s pretty much the fastest shooting DMR and it has 41 rounds per mag. The only downside is the damage is low at 23, but that really doesn’t matter because how fast it shoots. Now I can enjoy getting to rank 10 on scout. I’m just spamming flares everywhere and getting so many points. This setup is insanely fun.

Flare
Incendiary trap
Incendiary nade

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Am I missing something or is there something wrong with supression assists in this game? Been trying to work on the Order of St. Christopher medal while leveling up support and every time the game says I get a supression assist it doesn't count towards it. Am I doing something wrong?

Am I missing something or is there something wrong with supression assists in this game? Been trying to work on the Order of St. Christopher medal while leveling up support and every time the game says I get a supression assist it doesn't count towards it. Am I doing something wrong?

You have to do th3 medal checklist in order lollol

Operations is as good as people say.

I LOVEEE the war scream when u move up a sector. Such a small touch but so amazing

The music is so damn beautiful. We were in sudden death mode and the music was just so perfect

It truly is a top tier mode. Really hope the new map has an Operations tie in with whatever map is missing from the mode right now

I love the hivemind that works like little ants. A good team knows when to push a flag and when to defend, and theres always this moment that clicks into place when you realize your team has a flag and can oechestrate an amazing invasion/overrun of the remaining flag

I just wish more teammates would defend a flag. 3 flag sectors are really hard and require common sense in teammates

HoTHiTTeR

I have one of the most stable connections, I've ever seen and yet I 'lost connection to then server' near the end of every match.

This shitfest is going on eBay. Maybe it's just trash on PSN?

Stiler

Is reviving bugged right now?

Everytime i get revived now my gun doesn't work, I have to select another weapon and then switch back before it works, really really annoying and has cost me quite a few times now when you revive and an enemy is right in your face but you can't fire.

aravuus

High Kills often indicates impact. High Score no longer does, since you get 10x the points for everything.

It really doesn't, especially since people can be revived again and again in Battlefield. I revive shit tons of people all the time, like dozens a game, which means the enemy team players have dozens of absolutely meaningless kills in their stats.

You're delusional if you think having a high score means you've had no impact on the game. Even "just" flag running is sure to disrupt the enemy side, making them split their forces etc, making it more likely for the rest of your team to possibly push a flag their trying to push and so on. You need to stop thinking about everyone's impact on the game at such a direct and shallow level.

FWIW, I don't think hiding KDR on the leaderboard would affect anything one way or the other. It wouldn't make the KDR idiots to play the objective any more, and it wouldn't encourage laziness, whatever that means.

e: these are things that are hard or even impossible to really prove, though, so arguing about this at length is a waste of time.

Ardenyal

Is reviving bugged right now?

Everytime i get revived now my gun doesn't work, I have to select another weapon and then switch back before it works, really really annoying and has cost me quite a few times now when you revive and an enemy is right in your face but you can't fire.
Happens all the time even without reviving. Also not being able to sprint when crouched happens a lot.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
It means you hold the spot button on flags so your squad will like you.

As a squad leader, you can press the Q or Right Shoulder Button to give orders to your squad (like telling them to capture an objective). If your squad follows your order, everyone in your squad gets lots of points.

Your only job is to always keep an objective marked. This means more points for you and your squad and everyone is happy.

Looks at an objective and press spot on it.

You can give out orders (attack and defend). On PC you just look at a flag and press Q, I don't know what the console button is for it. If those orders are accomplished you get extra score.

*sigh*

Sad that this is what the role of Squad Leader has been reduced to, simply a means of getting easy points.

That Martin Henry needs to be removed or nerfed. One shot me cross the map.

Any sniper can do that. It has the slowest muzzle velocity out of any weapon in the game. This makes hitting moving targets harder at long ranges. It has a slow rate of fire and it only has iron sights. The only thing it has going for it is the sweet spot is 30m to 80m.

Mahonay

Banned
After going about 52 and 12 and top scoring on our way to victory, I get disconnected from the server about 10 seconds before the game ends.

DICE PLS.

*sigh*

Sad that this is what the role of Squad Leader has been reduced to, simply a means of getting easy points.

Yeah, youre right, it's so watered down. It would be great to actually have leaders plan proper attacks. I really want more players defending flags, and I loathe that everyone runs off to cap something else.

The game really needs to promote defense and a squad leader is just a weak solution.

What did the squad leader used to again?

Do you have to shoot it in the air as long as possible or near the enemies?

just shoot it near enemies.

nikwhatsup

Neo Member
I love the game so far, but I am really confused about how the classes level up? Is it by the amount of kills or score with the class? It's just a progress bar that doesn't explain anything. Does anyone know?

Nyx

I love the game so far, but I am really confused about how the classes level up? Is it by the amount of kills or score with the class? It's just a progress bar that doesn't explain anything. Does anyone know?

Overall score playing as that class.

aravuus

Speaking of squad leaders and defending, if you give an order to defend a flag, do the squad members get points just by staying around the flag? Maybe bonus points for killing enemies near the flag they're supposed to defend? Cause if not, the game really needs something like that at the very least. I agree that people should have more incentive to defend flags, but I have a feeling it's not an incredibly easy problem to solve.

Bauer_Hans

Neo Member
had an awesome round on Argonne as attacker last night.
Picked up the flamethrower kit and just went in on the objectives with my team following behind. I think the enemy team was genuinely scared of me after we took two sectors in a short time lol. Was really fun just clearing the way for my team. Went 48-2 too, so that was nice.

Trickytoon

Neo Member
Yeah, seems weird that they don't just let you complete them at the same time. I like that better than having to go down a list.

I'm confused about medals myself, stupid question incoming - do you have to track a medal before actions you perform in a game count towards it?

I've satisfied a number of the criteria for "Crown of Frederick II" this morning and none of them are checked, but admittedly I'm tracking "Royal Order of the Imperial Crown".
I've got 2 items checked on "Star of Alexander" but I'd swear I've never tracked that medal, but I could be wrong.

Game is awesome though, first game in a long time where I'm logging in before work for a cheeky couple of rounds.

Aters

I don't understand the "high kill is not equal to helping the team" mindset. If I get 50 kills, I'm fucking carrying my team. You are not defending the objective when you are just getting killed on the objective, you need to actually kill some people.

Hated BF3 MP
Didn't Enjoy BF4 MP (PS4 launch nuff said)
BFH was MEH but had a bit of fun.
Battlefield was great but short on content. (not anymore thanks to SP)

But this game is a freaking game changer! Haven't even touched single player (I'm usually if not most of the times a single player guy) because MP is so freaking fun. Probably going to end up buying my rental copy from GF. Well done DICE.

theapg

I've now played operations as both attacker and defender. I won both times but I have to say, I think attacking is way more fun. It feels like you're actually working towards a goal, rather than just trying to get in the way of the other team.

Top Bottom