• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I've now played operations as both attacker and defender. I won both times but I have to say, I think attacking is way more fun. It feels like you're actually working towards a goal, rather than just trying to get in the way of the other team.

Being a defender feels like trying to herd deaf and blind sheep

Being an attacker feels like being in a pack of armed lemmings

I'm pretty sure DICE intentionally programmed the Medic rifles to hit everything except what you're aiming at.
It's the only explanation. I am usually pretty good at medium range on all fps games but my bullets fly either side of the target constantly frustrating me.
Sub machine guns are fine when I'm playing assault 'shrug'

It's the only explanation. I am usually pretty good at medium range on all fps games but my bullets fly either side of the target constantly frustrating me.

Yeah, it's uncanny. I've never used such unwieldy rifles in all my years playing FPS games. It's especially frustrating for me because Medic has always been my favorite class, but in BF1 I'm stuck with these shitty rifles. I've tried everything from messing with the optics to giving more time between shots, but nothing seems to work and I'm constantly having a hard time dropping people without expending half or more of my magazine. I'd kill to have something a bit more manageable. I can already feel myself drifting towards the Assault class full-time.

chiliboy

Does anyone know if the battlelog companion app works with loadout changes?

I set up 3 loadouts for each class yesterday in an empty server (also changed skins etc + changed for all the vehicles available) - today when I checked in the companion app and battlefield 1.com career - they havnt registered. They showed up in the game this morning - gotta check when I get back home after work if something has happened now that I've been on the companion app..

This is my biggest problem with the game, i dont like any of the weapons hand how they behave.

Yeah, it's uncanny. I've never used such unwieldy rifles in all my years playing FPS games. It's especially frustrating for me because Medic has always been my favorite class, but in BF1 I'm stuck with these shitty rifles. I've tried everything from messing with the optics to giving more time between shots, but nothing seems to work and I'm constantly having a hard time dropping people without expending half or more of my magazine. I'd kill to have something a bit more manageable. I can already feel myself drifting towards the Assault class full-time.

I found this to be true and I switch between Sniper and Assault now depending on range of defending in operations.

My mate swears by the medic and the bolt action rifles and to be fair he does get good kills. I think it's definitely a learning curve.

Ardenyal

DICE should remove skipping to the respawn screen. So many people just automatically skip even though you're 2 meters from them..

DICE should remove skipping to the respawn screen. So many people just automatically skip even though you're 2 meters from them..

UGH, yes, this has been happening to me constantly. Allowing people to skip the revive timer is one of the worst things DICE has ever done to Battlefield IMO.

Trickytoon

Neo Member
I found this to be true and I switch between Sniper and Assault now depending on range of defending in operations.

My mate swears by the medic and the bolt action rifles and to be fair he does get good kills. I think it's definitely a learning curve.

I'm not the best Battlefield player by any stretch of the imagination, but the rifles feel almost too good to me with the auto aim being particularly aggressive. I've actually switched away to Assault to stop relying on Medic class so much.

I feel like Battlefield finally needs to yank off the bandaid and take K/D ratio off the scoreboard to begin with - like, fuck it, just list points. However you get them, you get them. That should be the mark of your success. K/D is really outdated and encourages the wrong type of play.
I agree. They did it in the console versions of BFBC2, and the game was way better for it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Any sniper can do that. It has the slowest muzzle velocity out of any weapon in the game. This makes hitting moving targets harder at long ranges. It has a slow rate of fire and it only has iron sights. The only thing it has going for it is the sweet spot is 30m to 80m.
Weird how that's the only sniper to ever one hit me, far or close. Not even headshots

Acinixys

Have you guys bought the Deus Ex filter?

EbiYwyB.jpg

Pheace

lol, looking at my stats I've made 52 headshots out of 700+ kills so far... I think I need to aim for the head more...

Jb

I've now played operations as both attacker and defender. I won both times but I have to say, I think attacking is way more fun. It feels like you're actually working towards a goal, rather than just trying to get in the way of the other team.

I actually really like defending in operations, it feels like playing a single player shooter where you need to protect and objective from wave after wave of stupid AI, except they're smarter.

There seem to be far less snipers this time round. Maybe because the rifles are causing the campers to think twice.

I find it depends on the map and mode. Conquest is becoming unplayable to me due to constant snipes.

Loving the hell out of operations though. I guess it forces people to go CQB more.

I actually really like defending in operations, it feels like playing a single player shooter where you need to protect and objective from wave after wave of stupid AI, except they're smarter.

I literally said this last night. It's like playing single player with your mates on the hardest setting.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wow, I am loving the SP campaign so far. Really engaging sorties with some gratifying trophy challenges to complete which unlock all sorts of historical lectures on the war. Will seemingly last a good number of hours to 100%. I am pleased thus far.

Redders

My team placement has been so shitty so far. I have a 19% win rate so far. Winning 1/5 of matches feels terrible.

That's crazy, I felt bad mine dropping down to 36%. It does take a lot of the enjoyment out of the game when you lose as people aren't playing the objective.

JJShadow

People usually complain about medics who don't give a shit about reviving but my problem is that whenever I see that skull icon on my screen, I feel the urge to run towards it as soon as possible even if I know I'm gonna get killed lol

People usually complain about medics who don't give a shit about reviving but my problem is that whenever I see that skull icon on my screen, I feel the urge to run towards it as soon as possible even if I know I'm gonna get killed lol

ForrestGump.gif

I have to find Bubba......

aravuus

I'm the only one who enjoy playing on Fao Fortress?

Kind of a mixed bag for me, sometimes I hate it, sometimes I love it.

It's hard to not do this since if you won't revive them immediately, I'm sure a lot of impatient people think you're not gonna revive them at all and skip.

In truth, if it feels like I'm taking long to revive you, I'm most likely busy trying to take care of the enemy who killed you/anyone else nearby so I won't die when I'm reviving you and you'll be able to actually get back in the action and not die immediately again. So stop fucking skipping and just sit tight, goddamn it!

I wish origin had a screen capture function. I know there's fraps, but I'm playing on my TV a with controller. Even steam big picture has it.

I love the share button on PS4 but chose PC because it's more capable than PS4.

They could just reinstate the accept revive option. Medic gets his points for risking his life and player gets to change loadout.

oh god no. The current system is way better than beta system. If the person's dead icon is flashing, they are skipping the dead screen. If the icon is solid, they are waiting. Every time I play medic, I'm able to revive more people than not.

Argone forest conquest is my least favorite right now. Hate the straight line setup. Suez conquest at least allows for big swings.

I'm enjoying this game, but part of me is wishing they would've went with WW2 instead. I'm already getting bored of the small selection of weapons on offer for medic and assault, and to be honest most of the maps aren't doing anything for me. In this game I seem to only enjoy a couple of maps and dislike the rest, whereas it was always the opposite for past games.

Anyone know if they're planning to release more weapons soon?

Swap to smoke, keep throwing it at him.

I parked my tank in front of him for 20 seconds and he didn't even move. Lol

elyetis

There seem to be far less snipers this time round. Maybe because the rifles are causing the campers to think twice.
Never seen so much sniper in a battlefield game as bf1. ( conquest ) Which is really not surprising with the sweet spot making it stronger than it ever was.

Support on the other hand are usually nowhere to be seen except when there is a good opportunity to motar spam.

Support and medic are my most played class, but god do I hate the gadget selection for support, give me the tripwire back...

Any advice on leveling up scout early on? I've never been a great sniper and it doesn't seem like the game rewards you too much for playing with their other toys. Ideally I'd also like to be helpful to the team. There are way too many scouts that just sit on a hill and do nothing all game.

Also, I agree with an earlier post about tanks and assault. The incentive for the amount of work you have to put in to take out a tank really doesn't add up to me. I've seen so many assaults completely ignoring tanks, when I feel like they should be itching to take them out.

Ozorov

Haha same here

Never seen so much sniper in a battlefield game as bf1. ( conquest ) Which is really not surprising with the sweet spot making it stronger than it ever was.

Support on the other hand are usually nowhere to be seen except when there is a good opportunity to motar spam.

Support and medic are my most played class, but god do I hate the gadget selection for support, give me the tripwire back...

Yeah I'd love the tripwire back, I pretty much only play support and ammo box is mostly useless since you are constantly giving out ammo packs anyway, the mortar is hit or miss but mostly miss, you are a sitting duck when you use it and you need to hit someone directly on the noggin to actually kill them or do significant damage.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Still really suss on cavalry health. I think it feels awful because visually they appear completely vulnerable and unarmoured. So while it takes extra rounds to drop a flamer or heavy guy, the visual feedback is okay. Turning a corner to meet an unhorsed cavalry dude, unload almost an entire SMG clip into him, die, and find he's still on 40%hp.....yeah fuck that. They shouldn't be tanks off the horse.

Turning a corner to meet an unhorsed cavalry dude, unload almost an entire SMG clip into him, die, and find he's still on 40%hp.....yeah fuck that. They shouldn't be tanks off the horse.

To be honest I've found this even with standard dudes. Blast someone with the starting SMG while his back is turned. I have to reload due to that many shots hitting. He turns and pops me dead instantly.

18% health remaining.

Either A) I need new guns or B) There is some sort of issue around damage because it does happen quite often

Still really suss on cavalry health. I think it feels awful because visually they appear completely vulnerable and unarmoured. So while it takes extra rounds to drop a flamer or heavy guy, the visual feedback is okay. Turning a corner to meet an unhorsed cavalry dude, unload almost an entire SMG clip into him, die, and find he's still on 40%hp.....yeah fuck that. They shouldn't be tanks off the horse.

100% agreed. It makes absolutely no sense.

Daffy Duck

Yep! That has caught me out several times already!

Thinking he should be dead, HTF does he still have health? Oh, cavalry.

azz0r

Banned
So I've unlocked guns in battle packs and they're in my inventory.

However when I edit all classes, I can not see the guns in my battlepack inventory.

Pakoe

Agreed, i don't understand the logic.

Top Bottom