• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Don't you speak to a squad leader like that Soldier!

Fall in line

Game auto lock squads if you join a game with friends. Don't think most people know this, thus thats why there are so many locked 2-3 people squads.

That actually happens by default if you join as a group. Atleast sometimes when the system works and puts you in your own squad it will be locked and people don't know that it's locked since there'd be no reason for them to go to the squad menu. So blame DICE for that.

Or in case they deliberately locked their squad then yes they are fucking stupid.

That makes sense, still incredibly aggravating.

Mahonay

Banned
There was a brilliant system in Hardline that I thought DICE would implement into their games permanently. If you needed healing or ammo, you could press a button near the player to get a small boost of either. They'd be notified of this, and would often then throw down a pack. It should be in every Battlefield really.
Eh, that feels a bit too automated for a Battlefield game for my liking. As much as it infuriates me when people don't throw down packs, taking that away would take away player agency.

Tovarisc

Since Support doesnt actually need to replenish themselves (no tripwire, crazy ammo count), they dont put ammo down for themselves, and as a result, for others.

I need rearm myself constantly because BAR burns through ammo fast. 20 round mags, 100 rounds in reserve and absurd RPM does wonders for need of rearming. That said it's just poor support play not to drop ammo crates into clumps of people.

vixlar

Is Operations really better than Rush? Because I am hooked to Rush. The explosions, the screams, the tension of looking for your telegraph... is fantastic!!! Rush is back... Rush is back!!!!

I always want to try the other modes, but "first a round of Rush to warm up" and I can't let it go... I need help...

jrolson

This game requires no skill at all unlike the previous Battlefield games...

Just sit in a tank all round...

Im getting bored already.

Whales

Banned
finally got the game today

that first campaign intro mission was really well done... Is the rest of the campaign of the same quality?

Eh, that feels a bit too automated for a Battlefield game for my liking. As much as it infuriates me when people don't throw down packs, taking that away would take away player agency.

It was more of a notification than anything else. Even the best players need a push sometimes.

You know what? Medics are great in this game. Im constantly seeing tons of med packs everywhere. The likely reason is that they are throwing it for themselves, but whatever.

I counted 6 med packs in my vicinity in Argonne Forest yesterday....not a single ammo pack anywhere.

Since Support doesnt actually need to replenish themselves (no tripwire, crazy ammo count), they dont put ammo down for themselves, and as a result, for others.

I want the ability to be automated if screaming at Support doesn't work.

I always throw ammo for myself to replenish those fine ass incendiary grenades, but I also replenish my teammates too when I get the chance. I usually always have the highlight of most resupplies because, like you said, other Support players don't really like giving anyone ammo. Also, dat BAR Storm tho.

Maybe get out of the tank then? That's like saying "This game is so barren. Just sit in a plane all round and all I see are clouds. Getting bored already."

Tovarisc

Getting frustrated with being on teams who only cap two points and never pushing up.

Fao Fortress is worst offender in this. If you get bad team RNG you will witness 95-99% of your team camping in fortress and not doing anything else for next 30 minutes.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
The Medic hate cracks me up.

"I never wait for medics because no one ever revives me."
"I stopped trying to revive people because they always Skip when I'm on my way to them."

Why can't we be friends?

Tovarisc

"I stopped trying to revive people because they always Skip when I'm on my way to them."

Why can't we be friends?

Moment you start blinking as I'm coming towards you with my syringe just keep on blinking until in deploy screen. I will be reviving someone with patience to wait around for 2 seconds longer.

I hope you're not the annoying teammate I had recently who literally just sat on far corner in the tank shooting randomly from the start, dies and didn't respawn until another tank was available just so his death count wouldn't be lower. To top it off, all he did was complain about other players. I told him to just spawn and get kills on foot but he just brushed it off. In the end he had the lowest score in the squad.

I'm constantly finishing every round (even when I struggle to gain momentum) in the top 5 if not MVP. Rarely use a tank or plane. They should have a battlefield training academy before people can go online where you learn the necessary fundamentals of how to play as a squad especially a leader.

Every round I'm asking the squad leader for orders or even telling him on the mic and nothing. Their should be an update if you request orders at least 5-10 times you automatically become squad leader.

finally got the game today

that first campaign intro mission was really well done... Is the rest of the campaign of the same quality?

The prologue is killer. Unfortunately they aren't as good overall. You'll like some and hate some of the missions. Decent campaign. I enjoyed it more than Gears of War 4 if that helps.

deoee

Uh oh. Is the PC version already drying up?

Emoticon-Sofa-Kissen-Smiley-Kissen-Deko-Kissen-Sitzkissen-Emoji-Con-Tr%C3%A4ne-Lachen.jpg

What a jump to conclusions

Why can't we be friends?

I've started to hate getting revived sometimes by medics only because I hate getting revived then I get hit with the glitch where I can't shoot my damn gun after getting revived. Cause I'm often getting revived right in the thick of some firefight with an enemy right in my face and it's so incredibly frustrating to have the drop on somebody only to fire and nothing happens.

My bigger complaint are so many worthless Scouts when you're playing an Operation and you need to move forward to get that last point and you've got a bunch of dudes pretending they're Vasily Zaytsez with a sniper rifle. But that's always an issue in BF games.

Operations are wonderful though. Such a great addition to BF.

I was having issues with pretty bad FPS dips and drops with my computer. Put the game in borderless window mode. Fixed it completely. Constant 60fps at 1440p at max settings.

I have an i5 2500k at 4.0 GHZ, 16gb of RAM, and a gtx1070 SC.

If anyone else is having the same issue I was. That's what did it.

I even put the game down to the lowest settings and would skill drop into the 30s. Now it doesn't even go below 50 now.

If people camp vehicles like that then there should be an auto spawn forced on players

Then you'll just have people who spawn and redeploy over and over again. Wasting tickets.

Someone has been extremely lucky to get all possible skins and puzzle pieces from current revisions.

Yea no joke. Congrats to him. I'm nowhere near w/ 50+ hours played.

I was having issues with pretty bad FPS dips and drops with my computer. Put the game in borderless window mode. Fixed it completely. Constant 60fps at 1440p at max settings.

I have an i5 2500k at 4.0 GHZ, 16gb of RAM, and a gtx1070 SC.

If anyone else is having the same issue I was. That's what did it.

I even put the game down to the lowest settings and would skill drop into the 30s. Now it doesn't even go below 50 now.
Fuck this game

It ran smoothly at 60fps yesterday, now it is constantly at 35fps or so even when turning down options. Already put the game to Max performance in Nvidia panel.

Also I constantly have the bug of fullscreen being blurry and needing to change each time I alt+tab to bordelais to have the proper 1080p resolution

There was another poster this morning. I'll try to find the post. He went from 60fps -35 overnight and couldn't figure out why.

*edit* added post.

Yea no joke. Congrats to him. I'm nowhere near w/ 50+ hours played.

There was another poster this morning. I'll try to find the post. He went from 60fps -35 overnight and couldn't figure out why.

It didn't matter what settings I chose, what resolution. I would still get dips into the 30s. I was only having 40% gpu usage and my cpu was maxed out. Put the game on borderless gpu usage went up to 70-90% and cpu usage went way down.

It didn't matter what settings I chose, what resolution. I would still get dips into the 30s. I was only having 40% gpu usage and my cpu was maxed out. Put the game on borderless gpu usage went up to 70-90% and cpu usage went way down.
Change the scaling thing? Should be 100. If I let Nvidia panel do it for me, it changes to 150 and I get less fps than keeping it at 100.

You know what? Medics are great in this game. Im constantly seeing tons of med packs everywhere. The likely reason is that they are throwing it for themselves, but whatever.

I counted 6 med packs in my vicinity in Argonne Forest yesterday....not a single ammo pack anywhere.

I want the ability to be automated if screaming at Support doesn't work.

I mostly play support, and I drop ammo packs literally all the time. Tbh good support players do need them for themselves as well so that argument is invalid, but regardless I always put one down when there's a group of people around me. I also drop one asap when I spawn on a squad member. Not only does it help my team, but I get insane amounts of points from it too. Win-win.

Does anyone else scrap all their battlepack skins because they don't care? I just find it lackluster coming from BF4. and majority of the time my gun is covered in mud so I can't look at it anyway.

Hobbes211

Does anyone else scrap all their battlepack skins because they don't care? I just find it lackluster coming from BF4. and majority of the time my gun is covered in mud so I can't look at it anyway.

I just wish skins were able to be purchased in some capacity. I have a bunch of skins for guns I'll probably use and not like now. Not to mention an endless supply of warbonds. I've bought the auto-revolver, a medic carbine and a pick axe to date. That's it.

CHC

I think the biggest medic annoyance of all is the prevalence of over-eager medics who revive you right in the line of fire that killed you in the first place, or worse yet, WHILE you are under heavy shelling from an artillery barrage.

Like, look man, I get that you have good intentions, but dial it down a notch please.

Top Bottom