• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Just finished an Operations round on whatever the "Conquer Hell" map is. Defending as the Germans in that château thing is just wild. Loved everything about it.

It instantly repairs your tank, about 20 health. It has a cool down timer.

Wtf. That's an awful addition. No wonder some tanks are healing so fast.

This completely negates the support wrench

Repairing the tanks from the outside would be futile as they draw in weapons fire instantly, so allowing the driver to repair a fraction of the HP of the vehicle - whilst being inoperable - is reasonable. It doesn't give an unfair advantage because tanks rarely survive more than a few minutes.

Like being able to self-repair without needing to get out of the tank didn't already negate it.

Nah that's fine. Last thing I need is some guy stealing my tank.

Much better than self healing tanks too.

Its properly balanced. I was just surprised about the insta repair

kriskrosbbk

I have equipped Mondragon back dogtag for making 100 kills with it but it is blank . People are killing me with same dogtags and I can see clearly how many kills they made with the Mondragon,looking at mine on battlelog it is blank.Is this a bug or clearly I cannot see how many kills I made written on my dogtag?

For the sake of a new page.

Only WW1 thing in BF1 is in-game models, everything else is from BF4 more or less. Also yes, I hoped they would actually make tanks something else than modern day MBT's with old models.

Not sure what you expected out of a big mainstream game?

They aren't usually known for their risk taking... I mean they are being commended for taking the small risk they did on this game, and you can read the comments from upset people because they don't have 100 attachments to unlock or a steady stream of head patting.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
In the OP there are links to community groups you can join. What platform would you play on?

PC. Is there a big GAF contingent on PC? And more importantly, do they actually play together regularly? I feel like most GAF communities never end up playing much together.

Repairing the tanks from the outside would be futile as they draw in weapons fire instantly, so allowing the driver to repair a fraction of the HP of the vehicle - whilst being inoperable - is reasonable. It doesn't give an unfair advantage because tanks rarely survive more than a few minutes.

But thats the manual repair from inside. I didn't know of the insta repair from inside

aravuus

Fuck you for making me replace one of my incredibly important healing gadgets with a hundred year old noobtube, order of hippocrates medal. Lol.

e: yeah no, can't do it. These medals are idiotic.

Tovarisc

Not sure what you expected out of a big mainstream game?

They aren't usually known for their risk taking... I mean they are being commended for taking the small risk they did on this game, and you can read the comments from upset people because they don't have 100 attachments to unlock or a steady stream of head patting.

I guess asking for shell inaccuracy over medium or just long range and upwards is too much to ask for. World would stop spinning and sun would go dark if BFtankbros couldn't snipe with their light tanks up to 500m out with pinpoint accuracy.

I guess asking for shell inaccuracy over medium or just long range and upwards is too much to ask for. World would stop spinning and sun would go dark if BFtankbros couldn't snipe with their light tanks up to 500m out with pinpoint accuracy.

I would also like that, but you already have someone on this page or the one before complaining because their accuracy is shit when moving and firing their weapon.

It's shit, but when you have a big mainstream game they have to cater to the larger audience. We have to get our kicks from smaller titles like Red Orchestra and Verdun.

I have equipped Mondragon back dogtag for making 100 kills with it but it is blank . People are killing me with same dogtags and I can see clearly how many kills they made with the Mondragon,looking at mine on battlelog it is blank.Is this a bug or clearly I cannot see how many kills I made written on my dogtag?

Their is a small design in the top part of the dog tag and I think something inscribed in Latin at the bottom regarding the class. Looks blank, pretty dumb imo.

meanspartan

On gameplay, this game feels closer to BC2 than Bf3 or 4.

Which is AWESOME. The guns feel "Right" in this game and Bc2, they felt off in Bf3 and Bf4.

Also when it comes to the smaller buildings at least the destructibility from Bc2 is back and I fucking love it.

aravuus

I died alone in a building, the nearby medic couldn't revive me for shit. Then he left. I thought I was forever forgotten, but then suddenly, one of my squad's supports came in from one of the doors, looked at me.. And dropped an ammo box next to my cold corpse.

Thanks for trying to help, buddy.

PC. Is there a big GAF contingent on PC? And more importantly, do they actually play together regularly? I feel like most GAF communities never end up playing much together.

There is a discord channel and I have been playing with on there. Same goes for PS4 as well. If I am available and I see someone asking if people want to play, I join the group.

The Lamp

Is nobody else having insane disconnection issues on PS4 for Conquest? Is there something I can do to fix this? I've never had this kind of issue before

Ozorov

I died alone in a building, the nearby medic couldn't revive me for shit. Then he left. I thought I was forever forgotten, but then suddenly, one of my squad's supports came in from one of the doors, looked at me.. And dropped an ammo box next to my cold corpse.

Can all medics revive? I don't think they can without the syringe?

vixlar

Post of the day.

Mahonay

Banned

The ammo box was to take with you to the afterlife.

meshwork

Man, about 80% of the time when I try to join a friend's party and game, it either gives me an unknown error message or places me in a never-progressing queue. I love the game, but I cannot understand how shit like this can get through Q&A at DICE. I mean what the hell, I've spent 30 minutes trying to join several friends on my Origin list and it just will not work. This is a constant issue that keeps popping up every day I play, and to make matters worse there is no way that I know of to check how far along someone is in their match because there's no way to see which server they are playing on. Not to mention that even if there was, the server browser doesn't even show the in-game score anyway. The menu and user experience outside of matches is abysmal in this game, and I can't believe it's this bad.

Mahonay

Banned
Is nobody else having insane disconnection issues on PS4 for Conquest? Is there something I can do to fix this? I've never had this kind of issue before
I've suffered this a few times lately. It sucks especially when you are trying to play with friends.

Right now I'm using the Benét-Mercié. It does a lot of damage and has a decent range. The bullet velocity seems a bit low though so I often have to lead targets that are more than 20m away.
As accessories I have the ammo pouch and the timed explosive charge to take care of vehicles. The mortar seems fun but I'm not that good at using it effectively.

Telescopic BAR, 1911, Ammo Pouch (I like how far you can throw them), Default Mortar.

Coolio! Thanks guys.

aravuus

Does score translate directly into XP? Cause fuck the measly 5000xp reward you get for doing these stupid medal things if so.

Fuck these medals. The fact that they are timed and you have to select them AND that they have to be done in order forces people to camp, and ignore objectives

This thread has the biggest medic apologist/defenders, so just FYI. I do agree with you, medics that shit revive just for the ponts should screw off.

I don't revive personally. As a medic I always drop large crates to help squad last longer. I think revives are necessary in things like operations but it is really hard to tell when you are in the clear because it is pure chaos at times.

Nyx

Oh you silly tankers, always wanting to ride over my corpse while I just placed 3 mines in front of me before dieing.

5 kills just now, poor them.

Fuck these medals. The fact that they are timed and you have to select them AND that they have to be done in order forces people to camp, and ignore objectives

This so much, I was on stage 2/3 for the valor or whatever with the revolver kills, which was already a pain in the ass, didn't notice until I finally got the 5 kills in one life, and lo and behold the timer reset so I was back to 10/10 kills.

Trago

I think the biggest medic annoyance of all is the prevalence of over-eager medics who revive you right in the line of fire that killed you in the first place, or worse yet, WHILE you are under heavy shelling from an artillery barrage.

Like, look man, I get that you have good intentions, but dial it down a notch please.

Nope. I bust out that syringe and go crazy.

void666

Banned
Yeah I don't really have any friends playing this so I'd probably be jumping in solo mostly...

I've been playing these games since BC2. And also Planetside 2.
Completely solo and i've always had fun. Squad up, try to help your team.
Don't know about you but it's definitely possible to have fun playing solo.

Compsiox

Banned
After completing a medal do you have to do anything or do you get the rewards automatically?

It's weird seeing a completed medal sit there unlike in the beta.

Oh you silly tankers, always wanting to ride over my corpse while I just placed 3 mines in front of me before dieing.

5 kills just now, poor them.

something like this happened to me last night. i was prone. unloaded two rounds with my anti-tank gun. the tank lumbered towards me like he was going roll over me. i remained prone and tossed two tank grenades and killed it inches before it ran over me. i thought the momentum of the tank would have carried it over me but nope

aravuus

Has anyone timed how long it takes to reload the mondragon from different ammo counts? Since depending on the amount of ammo left, you either use the thing that reloads 5 bullets simultaneously or just push the bullets in one by one, so I was wondering if it'd be wise to start reloading only when I've got either 5 bullets left or none in hectic situations.

Medic medal = use explosives

Okeh.

Truly the most logical challenge for medics. They're known throughout the world for their mastery of explosions and the most violent ways to murder other people, after all.

Has anyone timed how long it takes to reload the mondragon from different ammo counts? Since depending on the amount of ammo left, you either use the thing that reloads 5 bullets simultaneously or just push the bullets in one by one, so I was wondering if it'd be wise to start reloading only when I've got either 5 bullets left or none in hectic situations.

If you have only fired one or two shots I think reloading immediately is fine. Any more though and you are better off waiting to get a full clip.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I haven't timed it myself, but someone on reddit claimed it was faster to just shoot out the entire magazine and then reload fully than it was to reload from, say, 6 shots left.

Top Bottom