• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Not sure it already posted but holy sh*t!

giphy.gif

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It takes a lot of willpower not to open up and fire once you see the first person come on out.

Not sure it already posted but holly sh*t!

giphy.gif

Ha ha! It is like that scene in The Matrix Reloaded where Agent Smiths go flying fighting Neo in the one big fight scene.

Anyone on PC know what is up with the server browser, it seems buggy. I have my filters set to defaults, region is North America (where I live), and at most I've seen 6 or 7 populated servers. Meanwhile BF1stats.com shows a shitload of people playing on PC, last night was 170,000ish.

Ha ha! It is like that scene in The Matrix Reloaded where Agent Smiths go flying fighting Neo in the one big fight scene.

Anyone on PC know what is up with the server browser, it seems buggy. I have my filters set to defaults, region is North America (where I live), and at most I've seen 6 or 7 populated servers. Meanwhile BF1stats.com shows a shitload of people playing on PC, last night was 170,000ish.

Adjust your population filter. Apparently it grabs the first random 50 that match your criteria, it doesn't select based on population unless you tell it. If you start adding 1-5 slots free you'll see nothing but populated servers.

I'm really loving the Sweeper (Medic gun). It fires extremely fast, which makes it useful for close and medium range encounters. The Seblaster (however you spell it) is good, too, but the fire rate is a bit slower than I'd like.

I feel like the infantry combat in this game is incredibly difficult to get a handle on. This is easily the highest learning curve I've ever felt in a Battlefield game. Most of the infantry weapons are just outright garbage, save for snipers which can one-shot you without so much as breaking a sweat. It's really throwing me for a loop, even having played the beta.

aravuus

Okay, I realize I'm being a shit medic, but the rifle grenades are a shit ton of fun to use. Cleaning rooms has never been this easy!

Swear I'll stop when I get the 20 kills with it, though. Already halfway there.

frontovik

Banned
Dice needs to rework Point A for Monte Grappa.

Specifically the one inside an underground bunker/turret. It's too easy for defenders to camp in there and stonewall to victory.

Mahonay

Banned
where do i change the sensivity? (ps4)

is it soldier stick, zoom or what?

and on what sensivity are you guys palying?
Soldier stick effects your general look sensitivity and hip aiming.

Zoom effects how sensitive the movement is when you aim down sights.

If you dig in there's even more sensitivity options. Just mess with one slider at a time and see what feels good to you.

DeaDPo0L84

Playing with bad players makes the game no fun at all. Really hate half my squad camping up in hills while we need to defuse and they dont give a shit.

Mahonay

Banned
Okay, I realize I'm being a shit medic, but the rifle grenades are a shit ton of fun to use. Cleaning rooms has never been this easy!

Swear I'll stop when I get the 20 kills with it, though. Already halfway there.
In BF4 it was the same way. The grenade launchers were fun to use, but I always felt like an absolute shit head.

PepperedHam

I am probably the worst assault player in the history of mankind. Just awful with every single gun. I feel so useless when everyone is rocking from mid to long range with medic and scout guns.

Ardenyal

I'm really loving the Sweeper (Medic gun). It fires extremely fast, which makes it useful for close and medium range encounters. The Seblaster (however you spell it) is good, too, but the fire rate is a bit slower than I'd like.

Put the sweeper on full auto. Great gun.

Is anyone else just having trouble seeing enemies? Goddamn, sometimes it feels like I'm playing I Spy and fighting the environment more than the enemy. I think this is one of those scenarios in which a game having great, super-detailed graphics is actually a huge detriment to the gameplay. Everyone blends in with everything, and at any distance they're ridiculously hard to see unless they're running around out in the open on a desert map like Sinai. It directly benefits campers/snipers, too.

I'm just having a really hard time enjoying this game right now. I'm going to give it some time for sure, but right now I'm not feeling it at all.

Thanks for the replies. I figured it wouldn't be super difficult, but figured it'd be best to ask before starting.

Guess I'll just start on hard.

Mahonay

Banned
Is anyone else just having trouble seeing enemies? I think this is one of those scenarios in which a game having great graphics is actually a huge detriment to the gameplay. Everyone blends in with everything, and at any distance they're ridiculously hard to see unless they're running around out in the open on a desert map like Sinai. It directly benefits campers/snipers, too.

I'm just having a really hard time enjoying this game right now. I'm going to give it some time for sure, but right now I'm not feeling it at all.
Not just you. Definitely can be difficult to pick out enemies. Especially on PS4 with the dynamic resolution making things look a bit muddled. I don't have the in-game brightness turned up like I did in previous Battlefields, because that just seems to make people blend in even more.

aravuus

Yeah, really the only thing you can do is try and get used to it. After 10 hours I definitely feel like I'm having an easier time spotting enemies, though it is still much harder compared to other online shooters.

Not just you. Definitely can be difficult to pick out enemies. Especially on PS4 with the dynamic resolution making things look a bit muddled. I don't have the in-game brightness turned up like I did in previous Battlefields, because that just seems to make people blend in even more.

I'm on PC, playing at 1080p/Ultra and it's still unbelievably hard to see enemies in most scenarios. Argonne Forest is a great example. The visuals are just so busy, sometimes you can't tell an enemy from the billion rocks, bushes, trees, and other decorations strewn about. It's an immensely frustrating experience, especially when you move out thinking no one's there and instantly die from several enemies who were "in plain sight" the entire time. I feel like it isn't a lack of skill, but just a visual hurdle I can't hope to overcome. I had similar issues with Bad Company 2 through Battlefield 4 when the Battlefield games really started throwing tons of detail and dust/debris in the mix, but this is by far the worst it's ever been for me. I just think there's way too much detail in these maps. I know it's a weird complaint, but it's driving me batshit crazy.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm on PC, playing at 1080p/Ultra and it's still unbelievably hard to see enemies in most scenarios. Argonne Forest is a great example. The visuals are just so busy, sometimes you can't tell an enemy from the billion rocks, bushes, trees, and other decorations strewn about. It's an immensely frustrating experience, especially when you move out thinking no one's there and instantly die from several enemies who were "in plain sight" the entire time. I feel like it isn't a lack of skill, but just a visual hurdle I can't hope to overcome. I had similar issues with Bad Company 2 through Battlefield 4 when the Battlefield games really started throwing tons of detail and dust/debris in the mix, but this is by far the worst it's ever been for me. I just think there's way too much detail in these maps. I know it's a weird complaint, but it's driving me batshit crazy.
For me personally it's forced me to scan the environment for movement or human shapes much more than ever before.

For me personally it's forced me to scan the environment for movement or human shapes much more than ever before.

That's very true. Looking for any muzzle flashes or even tracing back where a shot originated from.

It's a 1000 times better than BF4 though with how spotting worked there and you'd end up just looking at your minimap half the time to suss out where the enemy was.

Def has to be intended. I actually like looking for the movements, human shape, muzzle flashes.

17-0 in a tank

That auto heal is b.s. way too easy to eat up attacks and self heal on the spot. The cooldown is nowhere near as long as it should be.

I felt bad for my opponents because they tried real hard.

That's very true. Looking for any muzzle flashes or even tracing back where a shot originated from.

It's a 1000 times better than BF4 though with how spotting worked there and you'd end up just looking at your minimap half the time to suss out where the enemy was.

Agreed. Its fantastic the way it is now. Spotting really helps and isnt something that feels like its always on. And I love that I can have a shootout without getting instantly killed by a guy who sees me around the corner because of radar and laser sights me to death

I never trusted DICE to ever get this right again

17-0 in a tank

That auto heal is b.s. way too easy to eat up attacks and self heal on the spot. The cooldown is nowhere near as long as it should be.

I felt bad for my opponents because they tried real hard.

Well that's why they gave weapons to all the classes to inflict damage on tanks and stop the repair. K bullets, any of the mortarts, etc, etc. Since no one coordinates or talks on voice, it's all useless, but it's there.

SkylineRKR

I haven't timed it myself, but someone on reddit claimed it was faster to just shoot out the entire magazine and then reload fully than it was to reload from, say, 6 shots left.

Reloading this thing is a joy. I was in the trench in Scar, shot down 2 guys, had to reload and just managed to get a third one, and a fourth. Then reloaded again and managed to take a fifth who tried to knife me. Ofcourse this scenario would've been easier with an MP18 trench or Sweeper or so, but I love the thrill of the reload.

Top Bottom