• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I was playing really well the first couple of days. Suddenly, I'm a terrible player. What the hell :|

Maybe the team isn't helping, no revives, no tankers, nothing. Fuck :(

Well that's why they gave weapons to all the classes to inflict damage on tanks and stop the repair. K bullets, any of the mortarts, etc, etc. Since no one coordinates or talks on voice, it's all useless, but it's there.

AT Mines are godlike but for some reason, no one uses them. I love using them as they are so satisfying to see pop up when youre doing something else

Its the instant healing that is too much for me. Tankers should have to back off and repair, not instantly repair in the thick of battle

Nospaceinmyname

Neo Member
Just too accurate
wSCmiNW.gif

LMAO, yeah this one got to me.....so true

Is anyone else just having trouble seeing enemies? Goddamn, sometimes it feels like I'm playing I Spy and fighting the environment more than the enemy. I think this is one of those scenarios in which a game having great, super-detailed graphics is actually a huge detriment to the gameplay. Everyone blends in with everything, and at any distance they're ridiculously hard to see unless they're running around out in the open on a desert map like Sinai. It directly benefits campers/snipers, too.

I'm just having a really hard time enjoying this game right now. I'm going to give it some time for sure, but right now I'm not feeling it at all.

This must be because of the resolution as I can see enemies quite easily and the ones I don't see are prone, peaking out of cover where they should be hard to see.

Surfinn

I was playing really well the first couple of days. Suddenly, I'm a terrible player. What the hell :|

Maybe the team isn't helping, no revives, no tankers, nothing. Fuck :(

Sometimes you get unlucky and run into team after team that sucks and won't do shit. It happens, don't get discouraged. Even the best players aren't going to do more than a 1 ratio/a few flag caps when they're getting virtually no help. Happens to me all the time in BF4. You gotta push through and try not to let it impact your confidence.

AT Mines are godlike but for some reason, no one uses them. I love using them as they are so satisfying to see pop up when youre doing something else

Its the instant healing that is too much for me. Tankers should have to back off and repair, not instantly repair in the thick of battle

I'm gonna give those a try tonight. I haven't played that class much, but the mines sound fun.

The Beard

Is anyone else just having trouble seeing enemies? Goddamn, sometimes it feels like I'm playing I Spy and fighting the environment more than the enemy. I think this is one of those scenarios in which a game having great, super-detailed graphics is actually a huge detriment to the gameplay. Everyone blends in with everything, and at any distance they're ridiculously hard to see unless they're running around out in the open on a desert map like Sinai. It directly benefits campers/snipers, too.

I'm just having a really hard time enjoying this game right now. I'm going to give it some time for sure, but right now I'm not feeling it at all.

I'm not having issues seeing enemies. I'm playing on a 50" Sony about 4' away though. What size screen do you play on?

PS4 btw.

Maximus P

Well that's why they gave weapons to all the classes to inflict damage on tanks and stop the repair. K bullets, any of the mortarts, etc, etc. Since no one coordinates or talks on voice, it's all useless, but it's there.

Squad orders should extended to vehicles.

It would be really handy to have a 'take out that vehicle' squad order.

RoKKeR

K, what the hell is up with this MCOM in Rush...

Screenshot-Original.png

Literally inside that bunker with only 2 (?) entry points, one of which defenders can camp on the other side of and shoot out of a small opening in the wall from. ???

Surfinn

I was driving a tank full of like 5 other people and we were INSTANTLY killed by one of these mines (from 100% HP). What the fuck, lol. Surprised no one uses them.

If you're a squad lead and don't issue an order within 30 seconds, squad lead should switch. I'm sick of leads who don't give orders to coordinate.

Thanks for posting that Calabi, that video is amazing :)

Indeed. I've swapped out the AT Rocket and replaced it with the mines. You can use them aggressively to get an instant tank kill by dropping them next to the tank and setting them off with a heavy AT or impact grenade. You'll probably kill yourself as well, but it's worth it. It's the only proper infantry counter for a tank if you're attacking it solo.

Cyborg

31-1 in a tank.... its just so fcking lame. They could not destroy me due to self repair. What an idiotic choice of DICE to put it in.

WillyFive

Self repair is great, I love it.

If you're a squad lead and don't issue an order within 30 seconds, squad lead should switch. I'm sick of leads who don't give orders to coordinate.

What if the leader wants you to defend an objective, or if you have an objective and the squad didn't go do it.

I've had people keep asking me for orders, and be constantly telling them that they have their orders. If I want them to capture E in Sinai, then they better do it; I don't care if you want to stay as infantry at C.

31-1 in a tank.... its just so fcking lame. They could destroy me do to self repair. What an idiotic choice of DICE to put it in.

Yeah the self repair seems completely fucking stupid. Theyre already unkillable if you dont have more than one assault guy shooting at it. You really have to make it self repair too?

I think in a perfect world where everyone plays as a team and know how to properly play BF, tanks might not be a huge problem. But this isnt the world we live in.

We live in a world where medics run away from corpses, squad leaders who dont give commands and ammo guys who dont drop any ammo. Thats the world we live in. To expect people to "properly" play as a team to take out tanks is just not realistic. Dice need to realize this.

Maximus P

Funnily enough, I'm terrible in tanks, on the few occasions I've used them I've only managed a handful of kills at the most before being taken out a few minutes after spawning.i don't even bother using them now.

Unlocked the Bar today, delightful gun. I love the little 'pop' noise it makes as it fires.

What if the leader wants you to defend an objective, or if you have an objective and the squad didn't go do it.

I've had people keep asking me for orders, and be constantly telling them that they have their orders. If I want them to capture E in Sinai, then they better do it; I don't care if you want to stay as infantry at C.
Then...tell them to defend? I'm not sure how that's a defense for people not using the squad functionality properly.

Self repair is great, I love it.

Just make it so it switches only when an order is not active. A lot of people spam me for orders when I clearly tell them to defend a flag and I'm not going to give another order just so I don't lose the squad leader spot, so as long as an order is active it shouldn't count. Still, there will always be those squad leaders that issue an order and completely forget about it the rest of the match.

Surfinn

31-1 in a tank.... its just so fcking lame. They could not destroy me due to self repair. What an idiotic choice of DICE to put it in.

Coming from someone who has had dozens of 40-50 kill games in a tank.. no. All it takes is 3-5 dudes who want to blow up your tank and it can be done in a few seconds if attacking simultaneously. People just don't know how the fuck to attack tanks yet. Most don't even LOOK in their direction.

Brandwin

Okay, I realize I'm being a shit medic, but the rifle grenades are a shit ton of fun to use. Cleaning rooms has never been this easy!

Swear I'll stop when I get the 20 kills with it, though. Already halfway there.

Wait! I maxed out medic and didn't realize this was even an option. What am I doing with my life?

Trojan

There are people who will always ignore orders, but that's on them and shouldn't affect the SL giving them. Even if you have a shit team, you can at least set the objective around the area they're trying to capture, or set it at a point you're trying to capture so you can get everyone (and yourself) some extra points.

Just make it so it switches only when an order is not active. A lot of people spam me for orders when I clearly tell them to defend a flag and I'm not going to give another order just so I don't lose the squad leader spot, so as long as an order is active it shouldn't count. Still, there will always be those squad leaders that issue an order and completely forget about it the rest of the match.
Yep that would work for me. If you have an active order, cool. If not, move on. We need coordination, not headless chickens.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Coming from someone who has had dozens of 40-50 kill games in a tank.. no. All it takes is 3-5 dudes who want to blow up your tank and it can be done in a few seconds if attacking simultaneously. People just don't know how the fuck to attack tanks yet. Most don't even LOOK in their direction.

Oh, is that all it takes? haha, good luck getting 5 guys to work together in pub games to take out tanks.

I've been saying this since 1942, but I hate the vehicles in BF games. I wish the game had more infantry only maps.

What's the best way to take out a Dreadnaught? I couldn't hit it with my AT Rocket gun and the Dreadnaught can easily take out bombers with its AA guns.

And for as much as I dislike the Behemoths, seeing your team concentrating AA fire on an airship, with bits and pieces raining down around you, is freaking awesome.

One thing I will say even despite my incessant complaining (still having a tough time enjoying the game), is that Amiens is quite possibly the best urban map in Battlefield history. To me it's like a far better version of BF3's Sienne Crossing, especially since both maps have two key bridges, narrow streets, and tanks. I'm still not sure if it's better than BF2's legendary Strike at Karkand, but damn it's good. What I especially like about it is just how many paths and interiors there are. It never feels like you're forced to go one way.

Kaversmed

Oh, is that all it takes? haha, good luck getting 5 guys to work together in pub games to take out tanks.

I've been saying this since 1942, but I hate the vehicles in BF games. I wish the game had more infantry only maps.

Isn't this what BF is all about though? What is BF without vehicles, COD?

What's the best way to take out a Dreadnaught? I couldn't hit it with my AT Rocket gun and the Dreadnaught can easily take out bombers with its AA guns.

And for as much as I dislike the Behemoths, seeing your team concentrating AA fire on an airship, with bits and pieces raining down around you, is freaking awesome.
boat or field guns

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah I never understood complaining about the presence and power of vehicles in a Battlefield game. Vehicles are one of the core gameplay components that spans across the entire series.

Balance is always something that's worked on in a fluid fashion in modern multiplayer games, so I always just try to work with the present flow of the game, whIle hoping for some tweaks in the future

That's so dumb, it's hilarious.

"Sir, gimme orders, but only orders I want to hear."

All they want is the extra points.

Surfinn

Squad up. Find people to play with here on GAF. If you hate vehicles I'm surprised you've stuck around for that long.. They're the centerpiece of the BF experience. If you're relying solely on pubs for coordination you're doing it wrong.

I feel like rockets deserve 1 more ammo than they have. Compared to mines and AT grenades, they seem much harder to use. Especially since tanks heal 20 instantly

Dynamite is pretty okay but youre better off using mines

Mines are great, grenades are pretty good too

I feel heavy armour is vastly superior to light armour tanks as there is enough to destroy light armour tanks quickly.

Assault players need to learn and plant mines more often. I feel like Im the only one using them

Skab

K, what the hell is up with this MCOM in Rush...

Literally inside that bunker with only 2 (?) entry points, one of which defenders can camp on the other side of and shoot out of a small opening in the wall from. ???

Limpet charge the door, toss incendiary grenade(s) inside.

take point.

ThisOne

Why don't limpets stick to vehicles? Or maybe they do but I'm just doing it wrong? As it stands, limpets are basically dynamite that you have no control over. Toss them and hope the vehicle is in the right spot 4 seconds after the toss.

Top Bottom