• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

They had different solider camos you could equip in BF4 and it was barely noticeable.

Some true solider customization would be cool. Nothing too goofy though.
Wasn't even thinking crazy colors or anything. I was dreaming of maybe a face editor and a small uniform customizer to allow for different outfits like coats, scarves, capes, hats, etc. all within the realm of real uniforms of course, but just something to personalize. Coulda been a big money maker.

Mahonay

Banned
Wasn't even thinking crazy colors or anything. I was dreaming of maybe a face editor and a small uniform customizer to allow for different outfits like coats, scarves, capes, hats, etc. all within the realm of real uniforms of course, but just something to personalize. Coulda been a big money maker.
Yep. I would love that. I do wonder if that would impact performance with the game having to render unique visual items for 64 players.

Skab

Why don't limpets stick to vehicles? Or maybe they do but I'm just doing it wrong? As it stands, limpets are basically dynamite that you have no control over. Toss them and hope the vehicle is in the right spot 4 seconds after the toss.

They do stick to vehicles. That's actually their entire point lol

Orcus

Kinda ironic that tanks are insane threat in BF1 when during WW1 these things were stopped by concentrated small arms fire every now and then, had insane amount technical issues, were slow as hell and because of short smooth barrels they were extremely inaccurate.

In BF1 they are modern MBT's in every other sense than in-game model.
I know others replied, but using this logic all of the vehicles are ridiculously op compared to their real performance in the WWI era, this also goes for a majority of the weapons. I do agree that the tank could use a minor need to long range accuracy.

ramuh

Fuck my biggest gripe so far is ever squad I join, leader refuses to give command even if I spam request order. I've switched squads.... Ugh.

Other than that, I'm having fun.

Orcus

Squad orders should extended to vehicles.

It would be really handy to have a 'take out that vehicle' squad order.
I would love this. I would also like the ability to have a secondary objective, or even an objective queue. Bring able to call out secondary objective while on a point or queue up the next objective would be awesome.

Also, the objective getting reset after being accomplished needs to go. Yes, we just took B, but there are still enemies attacking the point and I don't have time to reset the damn objective because I'm in the middle of a fire fight. Also, sometimes it seems to reset without actually a change in status.

Orcus

Fuck my biggest gripe so far is ever squad I join, leader refuses to give command even if I spam request order. I've switched squads.... Ugh.

Crate your own squad. You'll get people like you to join it, get new people joining, or people balanced into your squad before you know it. Problem solved.

Brohan

Yeah it's really annoying... they should implement a system where the leadership gets passed to another member if the leader doesn't give any orders within a certain amount of time.

Lakitu

st5fu
Man, it seems like vehicles are a force to be reckoned with in this game and you know what, I absolutely love that. I get scared whenever one appears now unlike previous games they felt way too easy to take down.

How do you guys think they should balance Operations? Even on the defending side, it rarely feels like the attacking team wins. I think they should add one or two more battalions, especially on 64 player servers.

Recall

Crate your own squad. You'll get people like you to join it, get new people joining, or people balanced into your squad before you know it. Problem solved.

Or people can learn how to spot and issue commands. It isn't fucking rocket science.

Orcus

Man, it seems like vehicles are a force to be reckoned with in this game and you know what, I absolutely love that. I get scared whenever one appears now unlike previous games they felt way too easy to take down.
I agree, the vehicles in BF4 were made of thin rice paper. I like the dynamic that It's going on right now, where teamwork is required to go after a tank. Even in most tank on tank battles, the deciding factor is rarely the better tanker at that moment, but rather who has infantry support.
How do you guys think they should balance Operations? Even on the defending side, it rarely feels like the attacking team wins. I think they should add one or two more battalions, especially on 64 player servers.
I think additional battalions would stretch it out too long. Besides some general balance issues on specific points or sections, what I would really like to see is some gameplay mechanism to get more people attacking the point, instead of waiting till your team is almost out of spawns.

Grazzt

Just too accurate
wSCmiNW.gif

LOL this is perfect

I played a match of Operations yesterday where 14 of 20 teammates were Scouts. On the spawn screen, my team was in a horseshoe formation away from both capture points, haha.

Orcus

Or people can learn how to spot and issue commands. It isn't fucking rocket science.
Yes, obviously, but one option is in your control and the other relies on random people from the internet.

Also, generally I think people are being too hard on new players to the franchise. It's a different kind of military FPS, and it can take an adjustment period for people to pick it up. When someone isn't giving orders I try the request order commarose, but it rarely works. What does work is using a mic to talk to them and ask for orders. Usually once you explain why it helps, and sometimes how to give an order, people will do it. For those that don't or don't respond, I just leave the squad and make my own. It's usually full by the end of the map or after the next rotation.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Limpet charge the door, toss incendiary grenade(s) inside.

take point.

Yeah, good luck trying to reach the people dug in there doing that. It's a problem even in Operations on that map because if there is like 10 folks in there along with medics revive training and resupplies, it's basically a GG for the enemy team.

ANYYYYYWAY: Just had a round where the Boat on Operations spawned once, our team NEVER hit it and the team lost their attack round 3 damn times. WTF?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is there a downside to equipping a weapon with a bayonet? Like lowered accuracy or anything like that?

If you charge and miss or stop it, you can't sprint instantly for like half a minute or so.

There is a special circle of hell for Medics that revive you inside a fire / gas / straight in front of a tank... every single one happened across a couple of different games today. Those that don't revive you in the crossfire just don't bother at all. The most infuriating feature...bring back the choice to accept the revive or not.

Most of the maps feel small.

I honestly feel the complete opposite. Most of the maps have felt gigantic to me. One that really sticks out is Monte Grappa, with its massive valley and crazy amount of verticality. It's almost like Bad Company 2's Heavy Metal, only it feels even bigger to me.

I do find that it's hard to spawn in vehicles, though, because people grab them so quickly on the spawn screen. 90% of the time I'm left with transport vehicles like the crappy little motorcycles that handle like shit (at least with M&KB).

Jarrod38

I can see Suez becoming the go to map for TDM. Damn that map is small and one sided if you capture B in the center. Every time I played the map and my team gets B we win.

Maximus P

I played a match of Operations yesterday where 14 of 20 teammates were Scouts. On the spawn screen, my team was in a horseshoe formation away from both capture points, haha.

That shit needs stopping. Points in operations needs to be heavily in favour of those at least trying to capture the points. Players with no capture or defend attempts by the end of the match should be hit with a -50% experience bonus.

I played a match today on ballroom in which we lost as the attacking team when it got to the building part as nearly everyone refused to enter the damn building due to sniping from afar.

The only time I ever take scout in operations is when I get taken out by a sniper a few times so I deal with them and switch back to support/medic.

There is a special circle of hell for Medics that revive you inside a fire / gas / straight in front of a tank... every single one happened across a couple of different games today. Those that don't revive you in the crossfire just don't bother at all. The most infuriating feature...bring back the choice to accept the revive or not.

It doesn't cost you an extra death, though. The revive takes the death away, so even if you instantly die again it doesn't really matter.

I do agree the accept/reject revive feature needs to come back though. And in turn I'd like to see them get rid of that god awful "skip revive timer" feature so many people are abusing just because their ADHD requires that they respawn as quickly as possible, even if it means screwing a friendly medic who was 3 feet away from them at the time of death.

What language does everyone use for their soldier? I tried English just now and it's horrible. I much rather hear the Italian, German etc.

The Beard

Why do people care about this? If you die after a revive it still only counts as one death. Who gives a shit?

We were talking about that a few pages back.

I don't understand why people get so worked up about it. The revive takes your death away, so your KDR is unaffected. If you die instantly then you don't have to wait for the following respawn any longer than if you'd never been revived, so there's no time delay with getting back into the game.

AFAICS, there is literally no downside to the player being revived, yet there's a huge potential upside.

I really, really like this idea.

I would love it if A.I could see where most players are, and then assign a squad elsewhere.

For example, if the whole bloody team is on Flag A in Operations and someone needs to defend Flag B, a squad or two should be assigned to Flag B by an A.I command that encourages it so.

It would be so much better for the flow of this game.

Yeah, definitely. Like I say the game can be really frustrating to play on your own but part of that is because there's no consistent flow of information guiding you with what to do. You have take the chance that the squad leader is going to use his squad options, and because people are inconsistent to apply this, players are inconsistent to respond to it, as it's only sometimes that the orders are present.

Making sure the squad has a unified objective that makes a positive contribution to the battlefield is a really simple thing that significantly effects the flow of gameplay. It's easy to see that many of the solo players feel lost in these large scale environments, and without the positive reinforcement (score enhancement) guiding them in the right direction, there's nothing attempting to modify their behaviour. As I say, it's just chance if you get a good squad leader, and there's always going to be several squads that don't, that's enough to mess up the game.

The AI thing I mentioned is a good idea but someone else mentioned that in one of the previous games they allowed a human commander to direct all squads on a team, that could work especially well also and it would offer a means in which Battlefield games could integrate with mobile devices (you could play as a commander on tablets and phones). The AI commander would take charge when a player wasn't present to do so (some games don't do this correctly and just leave the slot unfilled, giving the team without the commander a big disadvantage).

Anyone having trouble connecting to an operations game? Everytime I try to join it gives me a server disconnected you have lost the connection to the game session message.
I can join any other game just fine

Anyone having trouble connecting to an operations game? Everytime I try to join it gives me a server disconnected you have lost the connection to the game session message.
I can join any other game just fine

Just joined one...I was booted from a conquest match about 20 minutes ago. So if this is recent it might be the servers. If you haven't been able to connect since launch, then I don't know what to tell you.

I really do like how powerful tanks are too. Whats dices bf4 history with balance?

I fear that theyll fuck up tanks and spotting to please people who complain, by going too far.

Top Bottom