• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I just want more stats in this game.

Where are in-game achievements like combat efficiency and stuff like that? Those ribbons were always fun and varied. Collecting enough of them earned you a medal. That had a lot of replayability as I loved collecting those.

And why cant I track my accolades? How many times did I get best Medic, or best pilot? Why arent those turned into awards (like exclusive dogtags after collecting them enough times)

All that is sadly gutted.

As far as cosmetic rewards go, those were really enjoyable.

Even if you use the companion the stats completely pale in comparison to Battlelog.

Speaking of stats and such. Why the hell did they get rid of the Veteran marker?

I know! Where's my BF Vet dog tag!

DeaDPo0L84

Once again consistently getting the client latency and packet loss icons in the upper corner. Called ISP multiple times and everythings fine and my Xbox is perfectly fine, driving me crazy. Also my DL speeds on PS4 fluctuate so much I dont even know what number to believe anymore.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
It was just a little thing, but it wasn't so much about getting recognition for myself. I just always enjoyed seeing who else had been through a few Battlefield tours of duty. Shame that it's gone.

I really liked how in BC2, the scoreboard would show a vet number next to everybody's name denoting how many Battlefield games they had played. Like you say, it was nice seeing who in the server had been with the series long-term.

It weird how there a number people of people downplaying America role in this war.
People understand that American power contributed to the end of the war. There is of course a debate if Americans "won the war," and a lot of historians support the notion that the Allies would have won without the Americans anyways and they mostly just hastened the end.

The sticking point with this game is whether it was right to include Americans over say, the French, Germans, Austro-Hungarians and Russians. Ideally, you could include them all, but all things as they are, I would have much rather had a French or German campaign over a basically meaningless American campaign.

Granted, it's a cheeky and bold campaign with the unreliable narration and the asshole protagonist, but I think the game really suffers for not telling any Central power stories or any French stories.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Vietnam war should be next, hell I wouldn't mind a Korean war as well.

WW2, we need a current gen DDay operation. Havent really had a multiplayer one since the first medal of honor on pc.

Map one normandy assault -> map 2 101rst dropping in

So many ww2 battles that would work perfectly with an expanded operations mode.

There's been a lot of discussion about medics, and so far my experience with them is generally terrible. Maybe people are just getting used to the maps and systems again.

But it seems like medics either walk right past my waiting corpse, or they revive me into a hail of bullets and I just die again anyways. Git good chumps.
What do people like better for medics? The health crates or the individual healing packs?
Packs. Much easier to do distribution and it's very speedy.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Why aren't medics throwing health to every single person who isn't at full health!?

WHY DON'T YOU WANT MORE POINT!?

WHYYYYY

https://my.mixtape.moe/ntijtk.webm

I know man. It's like they just don't give a damn lol. I literally have to type in caps in the chat to get them to throw med packs.

Hey, I'm one of the good medics that keeps my team alive!

So long as we are bitching though, I wish more people would actually pay attention to the medic locator when in corpse mode. PSA: Stop skipping out to a new body when I am 5 ft away and en route to revive you!! Right in the bottom left corner it tells you how close a medic is when waiting for respawn timers, so if one is close, freaking lie dead and wait for me to get to you fools!! (See, we medics can bitch about all of you too!)

Xyber

What do people like better for medics? The health crates or the individual healing packs?

While the health crate certainly has its use, overall I still think the packs are better because you can heal yourself and other on the move.

I do prefer the ammo crate over packs though, since most of the time you need more ammo you are usually in a fairly safe situation. And everyone pretty much always needs ammo, so you just throw it in to packs of people you run by.

Hey, I'm one of the good medics that keeps my team alive!

So long as we are bitching though, I wish more people would actually pay attention to the medic locator when in corpse mode. PSA: Stop skipping out to a new body when I am 5 ft away and en route to revive you!! Right in the bottom left corner it tells you how close a medic is when waiting for respawn timers, so if one is close, freaking lie dead and wait for me to get to you fools!! (See, we medics can bitch about all of you too!)

I feel you, 75% of the time I'm running to heal someone really close by I see it start blinking. I see it as a small win when I beat the skip timer.

Made it to the third map Oil of Empires on Operations as attackers. Took the first 2 objectives but that was it. Long ass match, but really fun. I think it's the weakest out of the operations campaigns though.

Yeah I'm not sure why people aren't just spamming those packs. I think my last game as support I had 66 resupplies, and it honestly should have been more.

The starting Medic rifle has to be one of the worst weapons I have ever used in an FPS bar none. I've officially given up on it. Time to unlock the Mondragon and hope it's a massive improvement.

Also, I would kill to see more communication/squad cohesion in this game. It feels like such a mindless, repetitive experience otherwise that it gets old super fast. I'm constantly having to take breaks because the simplicity (no tactics, communication, or leadership) quickly turns to boredom. I just wish teamwork wasn't so rare to come by in these games. Then again, I think PlanetSide 2 has spoiled the hell out of me in that regard.

Maximus P

I know some will disagree, but I'd really like the Operations game mode extended from 3 rounds by an extra round.

Ive only ever seen one win from the attacking team in my 20+ hours of play time in that game mode, and that was when we steam rolled through ballroom in the first round without the blimp,leaving 3 rounds on the forest.

I also disagree with people wanting a nerf to vehicles. The community is young at the moment, and I'm finding tanks being less of a problem the more I play due to people finding their feet with how to approach them. There are a lot more people carrying AT weapons and explosives now.

I know some will disagree, but I'd really like the Operations game mode extended from 3 rounds by an extra round.

Ive only ever seen one win from the attacking team in my 20+ hours of play time in that game mode, and that was when we steam rolled through ballroom in the first round without the blimp,leaving 3 rounds on the forest.

I also disagree with people wanting a nerf to vehicles. The community is young at the moment, and I'm finding tanks being less of a problem the more I play due to people finding their feet with how to approach them. There are a lot more people carrying AT weapons and explosives now.
64 players or 40 players? Been winning on 40 players but 64 players...welp

And vehicles are fine IMO.

Yeah I'm not sure why people aren't just spamming those packs. I think my last game as support I had 66 resupplies, and it honestly should have been more.

I spam them like crazy.

I wonder though, if I'm medic and don't have revive equipped, does it still show my distance on downed players?

If so, people probably think I'm an asshole for not reviving when I'm standing right on top of them.

Xyber

Made it to the third map Oil of Empires on Operations as attackers. Took the first 2 objectives but that was it. Long ass match, but really fun. I think it's the weakest out of the operations campaigns though.

Have managed to win as attacker on that one time so far. You can only really win if you are stomping the other team. If it's an even game you will likely lose 2 or 3 battalions before you even get to start the last one. You should get 4 tries on it IMO.

CHC

Agree with Maximus, at least on 64 player. I've won as an attacker maybe two or three times. Defense has won every other game. Kind of crazy.

I honestly feel like it might actually be designed that way. I mean if you look at the individual scores for attackers, they are typically WAY higher because they (a) MUST capture points relentlessly and (b) are up against an infinite supply of enemies since defenders don't use tickets.

So even if you lose as an attacker you still get some good points. Plus I find being an attacker VERY fun even if you lose. Charging forward pushing the enemy back over the hill as your comrades roar beside you is amazing.

I wonder though, if I'm medic and don't have revive equipped, does it still show my distance on downed players?

Came in to ask this.

Also vehicles are fine and the operations balance is perfect (haven't played 40 player). It should be more difficult to win as the attacker and it makes the win all the sweeter. Also attacking is more fun so I don't mind what side I'm on.

LightInfa

Wow I didn't even realize there was a 3rd map on that operation- shows how my experience with that has gone so far. Attackers just lose way too many tickets on the first map due to river crossing and the utter lack of cover, and the fortress itself can be a total meat grinder due to the size and the capture areas only including the completely open courtyards. Suez map seems fairly balanced, but by that point you've lost too many men, and I find the armored train to be the least useful out of all the behemoths.

CHC

Wow I didn't even realize there was a 3rd map on that operation- shows how my experience with that has gone so far. Attackers just lose way too many tickets on the first map due to river crossing and the utter lack of cover, and the fortress itself can be a total meat grinder due to the size and the capture areas only including the completely open courtyards. Suez map seems fairly balanced, but by that point you've lost too many men, and I find the armored train to be the least useful out of all the behemoths.

I do really wish there was an option to do single-map Operations. I love the flow and the directionality of the battles, but you rarely get to see the second maps, let alone the third ones.

kendrid

Banned
Once again consistently getting the client latency and packet loss icons in the upper corner. Called ISP multiple times and everythings fine and my Xbox is perfectly fine, driving me crazy. Also my DL speeds on PS4 fluctuate so much I dont even know what number to believe anymore.

BF4 has done this to me for over a month now. Before the recent updates I was always fine. I have learned to ignore it.

wrongway

Can I just say that I really hate how you can't peek over cover with the rocket gun? Trying to set up to take a shot a tank, but wait, my cover is too short to deploy on while standing. Better crouch. Wait, now I'm deployed but I can't see anything but wall? Aaaand I'm dead.

Thanks, DICE. :(

Mahonay

Banned
BF4 has done this to me for over a month now. Before the recent updates I was always fine. I have learned to ignore it.
I had this problem with BF4 on PS4 over the past year, but I've been lucky with BF1 and don't get the constant packet loss warnings anymore. I did during the beta though.

Nobody plays support. And I don't blame them after giving it a shot. Every other class destroys them at any range or situation in gunplay.

Unless you can aim the BAR. The assault can't contest with that at medium range. Heck, the medic is challenged quite a bit by a steady hand on the BAR.

Repo Man

What's everyone's rank so far? I just hit 51. And does anyone know what the max rank is?

Think the max rank is 100. Saw a dogtag for it that you can earn.

I love this game but on pc they need to sort out the laggy servers. Rubber banding all over the joint every once in a while even when playing off peak.

I honestly feel like it might actually be designed that way. I mean if you look at the individual scores for attackers, they are typically WAY higher because they (a) MUST capture points relentlessly and (b) are up against an infinite supply of enemies since defenders don't use tickets.

So even if you lose as an attacker you still get some good points. Plus I find being an attacker VERY fun even if you lose. Charging forward pushing the enemy back over the hill as your comrades roar beside you is amazing.
From a casual perspective, I could see some people being annoyed at losing so much.

From a thematic point of view though, I think losing on some of these maps doesn't feel quite so bad though. It kind of fits the whole World War One thing. Plus, most teams don't just get steamrolled and most can take a sector or two, so it doesn't feel too bad usually.

Mahonay

Banned
The Hellriegel submachine gun feels like it needs a bit of a nerf. It's my most used weapon now. I feel like I'm just wiping out squads before they have a chance to even react.

Everyone saying support sucks and I'm just sitting here racking up the kills with the m1909 mercie storm. Takes a bullet or two more than the bar but it's near pinpoint accurate and has a good sized clip.

Top Bottom