• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

chiliboy

I have been rocking medic ever since release and doing really well.

I switched to scout with the Lawrence of Arabia and people I'm getting one hit kill headshots like crazy while pushing. Went 44-10 and captured several objectives. I love the fact that I'm using iron sights and people can't see any scope glare. I then use the periscope to peer over rocks and cover, mark them, and then pop up and get an easy kill.

This is so much fun lol

So yeah the SMLE is mental....
You can basically use it like an assault weapon and take people head on.

The shotty on certain levels too is just ridiculous.

Loving this game

Support is great surprised people feels it is weak.
Mortar is free kills all the time especially in rush / operations. And you can replenish it via ammo bags. LMG is very good at picking off people at mid to long range. Bipod makes it super accurate if defending.

Agree with all of these. There are still some balance issues that Dice needs to look at though... and bug fixes! and UI fixes! there is work to be done for sure :D

desu

I feel like having medals require a progession of objectives and only allowing for a set number per week is just encouraging bad play. It's a really terrible piece of game design.

Its just suuuper bad game design.

If they want to limit medals, make it so that users can choose 5 on their own each week or don't limit it all.

Upinsmoke

Downloaded the trial on origin, blown away how well it runs, granted I'm only doing 1080p but great job by Dice.

Whats the difference between dx11 and 12?

Chumley

Banned
I'm getting so tired of pubs not reviving and not spotting targets. Never seen so many garbage seemingly totally new to BF players at the launch of a BF game.

Daigoro

24dPMvY.gif

whoopsie!

Chumley

Banned
The Hellreigel 1915 requires level 10 in assault class... How much are you guys playing this game. Do you ever leave the house?

Post-patch might as well fucking forget about it ever happening. I spent an hour playing assault and only got halfway to rank 1. They went way too hard on the nerf.

Guys, how good is this game!? I mean Dice have really managed to make something awesome here, an multiplayer FPS has never felt so tight, it feels amazing to play.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Its just suuuper bad game design.

If they want to limit medals, make it so that users can choose 5 on their own each week or don't limit it all.
I just want to do them once to get the tag for it, but this week I got 3 I got last week and 2 new ones...

Like really.

Also seems like they changed server side who gets Battlepacks. Seems fully RNG as MVP no longer got more or less 100% drop chance.

Post-patch might as well fucking forget about it ever happening. I spent an hour playing assault and only got halfway to rank 1. They went way too hard on the nerf.

I have 29 hours played. About 15 of those hours have been played as Medic, aggressively supporting teammates, taking objectives, and killing enemies.

I am rank 5. Halfway to rank 6. Meanwhile, Support is rank 4, halfway to rank 5. About 10 hours have been spent with Mister Resupply.

Oh, and don't get me started on the grind to rank 10 with Tanks. It's identical to the rank 10 grind with the primary kits, meaning you're it's gonna be a really long-ass haul to even rank 3 or 4, much less 10.

desu

I just want to do them once to get the tag for it, but this week I got 3 I got last week and 2 new ones...

Like really.

That was super odd to me as well (and quite annoying).

Also don't get the complaints about Support, had no problems with it and I have been at top of the list just as often as with Medic (Medic is a bit easier though).

jbortz78

Really liking the game so far, but havent played that much yet. Rank 9 overall and so far liking medic (Rank 2). But the big problem for me is the difficulty I have seing enemies before they see me. I sneak aorund thinking its all clear and suddenly boom Im down again.

One problem I think Im used/comfortable from other games seing enemies more easily on the minimap, and here soo few people seem to use the spotting mecanic.

Any general tips for me like regarding FOV settings and brightness setting etc (playing on PS4)?

*Splinter

And let me guess, for the low low price of 5 earth dollars i can buy a pack of warbonds from the EA store thus circumventing the need to level up??
No, but there are some almost invisible cosmetics for if you really want to spend.

Am I only winning skins in these battlepacks or the actual guns? Do I have to wait to unlock the respective gun before using the item I get in the battlepack?
Just the skins, you'll have to unlock the guns as usual to use them.

Chumley

Banned
I have 29 hours played. About 15 of those hours have been played as Medic, aggressively supporting teammates, taking objectives, and killing enemies.

I am rank 5. Halfway to rank 6. Meanwhile, Support is rank 4, halfway to rank 5. About 10 hours have been spent with Mister Resupply.

Oh, and don't get me started on the grind to rank 10 with Tanks. It's identical to the rank 10 grind with the primary kits, meaning you're it's gonna be a really long-ass haul to even rank 3 or 4, much less 10.

I bet they're doing this for the inevitable rollout of paid xp booster packs and the rare double xp weekends or whatever, and you need an xp boost + xp weekend to actually make any real progress on leveling.

Poor guy got blowed up immediately after I revieved him , I was hidden behind the stair case and boom after lol

I also saved a person while someone was sneaking behind him to do a stealth kill
Guardian angel

chiliboy

For people on PC looking for gaf ppl to play with = there is a discord server in the OT, join us :D

We are several people playing each night and having a great time! :)

Haven't used one myself, but does the shotgun have huge range? I've been getting killed by one a few times and he was a large distance away.

Cyborg

I'm level 10 and looking for some good weapons! Any tips for Assualt and Medic?

Edit: I have a feeling to this point that it doesnt realy matter what weapon you use. It feels like they all handle almost the same.

Theorry

ADS can help with shotguns. But better just to hipfire. They got a huge buff in BF1 compared to BF4 hipfire was. Like 50% better. So better just to keep moving and just hipfire.

You mean overpowered? :)

They are not OP. People use that word way to quickly. The shotgun mass in BF3. That was overpowered.
Shotguns have also less range in BF1 compared to BF4. They are strong in close quarters. As they should be.

I need to play more with the shotguns. I was never big on them in BF games, but they seem decent here.

That feeling of getting the drop on someone and just blowing them away like SURPRISE! blammo.

It's the most trustworthy gun at taking down multiple targets too I find. Quite often other guns are 2 on 1 = dead

Tecnniqe

Banned
Uhmm at close range absolutly! :) But I have a feeling (like in BF3 and 4) people use it from far away. And they are powerful from a disstance as well.
The buckshot typically used in a combat shotgun spreads out to a greater or lesser degree depending on the barrel choke, and can be effective at ranges as far as 70 m (75 yards).

:) it's perfect 👌

Marvel

could never
As a fellow shotty user, yes even on big maps you can get squadwipes. The Hellfighter one is what I use, little easier to control. Love it.

Theorry

The shotguns have less range in BF1. First of all Flechette is not in. Only Buckshot. So that limits range already.
But still can go through some objects like a Flechette round. Also the drop off damage starts arround 5 meters earlier compared to BF4. But like i said the hipfire is greatly improved over BF4. Like 50% better. So that makes up for the less range compared to BF4. Wich is great imo and more in line in how a shotgun should work. Less range better hipfire.

Top Bottom