• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Nobody plays support. And I don't blame them after giving it a shot. Every other class destroys them at any range or situation in gunplay.
I dunno. I've been using support a lot. A combo of gas grenades, Lewis suppressive and mortars has been fairly effective for me.

It should probably be the lesser picked of the classes, but I think it still has a purpose.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Operations is, like, the first and only multiplayer game mode to make me feel like I'm playing single-player.

Still I find myself in awe at some of the situations and set pieces I'm in, enough so that they seem absolutely deliberate in their design. I know they're not, but storming a castle with a group of screaming soldiers and the encouraging victory music gives me shivers every. single. time.

Operations is, like, the first and only multiplayer game mode to make me feel like I'm playing single-player.

Yeah, if anything the terrible teammate AI makes it feel very much like a single player game.

I'm fucking doing everything. Stupid morons who play these games can eat shit.

I'm not angry I promise.

Djostikk

Is Mondragon little bit OP or is it just me good with it? Also like M1918, beast weapon, especially in close quarters.

What pistols you guys are usually using?

I feel like having medals require a progession of objectives and only allowing for a set number per week is just encouraging bad play. It's a really terrible piece of game design.

I've been trying to get Medal for shot gun. Headshots with shotgun is so hard, it's like you have to be point blank to get it.

Also taking down a vehicle with K bullets is even harder. Barely does damage.

I feel like having medals require a progession of objectives and only allowing for a set number per week is just encouraging bad play. It's a really terrible piece of game design.

I agree with you. I found when I attempt to work on a medal I don't contribute much to the game as when I don't focus on it.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I do prefer the ammo crate over packs though, since most of the time you need more ammo you are usually in a fairly safe situation. And everyone pretty much always needs ammo, so you just throw it in to packs of people you run by.

The issue I have with the crates, health and ammo, is that they're very finicky with their placement. It seems like you need a clear, open spot to plop them down or they just won't appear, even if your character does the animation. Rather annoying when you're under fire and crawling on your belly.

Mahonay

Banned

I've been trying to get Medal for shot gun. Headshots with shotgun is so hard, it's like you have to be point blank to get it.

The medal system is laughably bad in it's current form.

CHC

I had the pleasure of destroying a Mark V Landship earlier today with a single K-bullet. Felt outrageously satisfying. But yeah, in general they're pretty weak.

And yes in general the medal system sucks. The fact they are timed and also usually so esoteric and weird to achieve makes the entire prospect very unappealing to me.

Is Mondragon little bit OP or is it just me good with it? Also like M1918, beast weapon, especially in close quarters.

What pistols you guys are usually using?

Even though I've got the Mexican and would love to flaunt it, I can't find a reason to use the Mondragon over the Selbstlader Magnified. The scope, mag size, and reload speed just make it a clear upgrade.

The Beard

Still I find myself in awe at some of the situations and set pieces I'm in, enough so that they seem absolutely deliberate in their design. I know they're not, but storming a castle with a group of screaming soldiers and the encouraging victory music gives me shivers every. single. time.

I played Operations twice and I thought it sucked. Maybe it's because it does feel like single player, or maybe because 2/3 of my team were sniping.

I feel like Suez was supposed to only be in rotation on some 30 person game mode or something but someone accidentally put it on conquest rotation instead.

chiliboy

So which of the side arm pistols / revolvers are people enjoying / finding OP?

Howdah, revolver n03 and m1911 feel awesome at the moment for me!

deoee

Ive been playing it a lot and I have to agree

They need to fix how LMGs work, and let you throw the limpit mine WAY further

At the moment its range is like 5m, so its totally worthless

Phase 1) Throw smoke on tank
Phase 2) Run up to tank
Phase 3) ????
Phase 4) Profit

So which of the side arm pistols / revolvers are people enjoying / finding OP?

Howdah, revolver n03 and m1911 feel awesome at the moment for me!

IDK if there is any OP weapon right now. Everyone seems to have their "OP" weapon of choice, but I find that I end up disagreeing with them.

I just use the 1911. I like it's power as long as you aren't spraying like a madman cuz it only has 7 bullets in a magazine.

Starting to get the hang of sniping, even though it's been a long time. Really fun when it clicks. What are we thinking is the best scoped sniper? Loving the Russian one.

chiliboy

IDK if there is any OP weapon right now. Everyone seems to have their "OP" weapon of choice, but I find that I end up disagreeing with them.

I just use the 1911. I like it's power as long as you aren't spraying like a madman cuz it only has 7 bullets in a magazine.

Yeah agreed, if you control it properly, like the BAR, it rewards you!

I'm rocking the Kolibri next to my SMLE. It's hilarious
but not very effective

haaha :D I was getting shot with it the other day, lost so little health and just felt annoying, the dude must have been out of primary ammo.. he was like 35m away

Starting to get the hang of sniping, even though it's been a long time. Really fun when it clicks. What are we thinking is the best scoped sniper? Loving the Russian one.

Yeah the russian sniper and SMLE marksman seem awesome at the moment

Xyber

I like it when people complain in chat about unbalanced teams when we attack on Rush and are taking most points fairly easily.

Because when I look at the scoreboard I see that there's usually at least 7-8 snipers out of 12 in the team in games like that. And the one complaining is more often than not one of those snipers.

How the fuck do people expect it to even be an even game when all it takes is for me to hop in a tank and then never lose it the whole game while my squad takes the objectives and I cover them.

More than 50% of the time when we get games like that, the server dies after the match is over because most people on the other team left. You can literally tell them in chat that they are losing because everyone is a damn wookie, but no one ever does anything to actually try and win. Games like that are not even fun, all you do is avoid sniper fire while arming objectives.

You must play the worst single player games in the world if that's the case

Trying to get through the forest without getting spotted is a big pain in the ass (doing it for the codex stuff). Do they spot you faster when playing on hard? Because I am on hard right now and don't remember getting spotted that fast.

chiliboy

Trying to get through the forest without getting spotted is a big pain in the ass (doing it for the codex stuff). Do they spot you faster when playing on hard? Because I am on hard right now and don't remember getting spotted that fast.

do it on easy instead, was super fast :)

chiliboy

The Hellreigel 1915 requires level 10 in assault class... How much are you guys playing this game. Do you ever leave the house?

Was super easy to get rank 10 before the patch since it was bugged! Thats how I got rank 10 in medic, assault and support. Playing in Operations mode and PTFO nets a lot of exp as well :)

Just finished the Campaign on Hard difficulty last night and was genuinely surprised to really enjoy it. I had heard it was a lot better than the last few games but wasn't expecting much. Glad to be pleasantly surprised.

I liked that it was far more in the style of the actual multiplayer than BC2, BF3 and BF4 (BC1 was the only one that was similar to MP). I heard some people saying it was a "glorified MP tutorial" but I thought it was much more than that.

I've been really impressed with the level of destruction in both single and multiplayer. Really exhilarating sometimes when everyone is getting destroyed around you. Far more impressive than even BC2 (the previous pinnacle of destruction for the series). I enjoy the dynamic weather but not much of a fan of the fog. I don't mind sandstorms though.

Now that I've finished single player I'm looking forward to delving into the MP properly now. Been playing mostly medic but need to try out the other classes some more.

One change I don't like is the new Comrose in the game. I don't like that it takes 2 steps now to select a command. And I always have to think about which submenu to go into which slows things down too much that I don't even both using it that much now.

Because when I look at the scoreboard I see that there's usually at least 7-8 snipers out of 12 in the team in games like that. And the one complaining is more often than not one of those snipers.

How the fuck do people expect it to even be an even game when all it takes is for me to hop in a tank and then never lose it the whole game while my squad takes the objectives and I cover them.

i think people are trying to get the sniper medals right now, it really messes with the game when it encourages everyone to play a certain class per week. And rush is best for that as you can just camp the MCOM stations for easy headshots.

Auctopus

Am I only winning skins in these battlepacks or the actual guns? Do I have to wait to unlock the respective gun before using the item I get in the battlepack?

I have been rocking medic ever since release and doing really well.

I switched to scout with the Lawrence of Arabia and people I'm getting one hit kill headshots like crazy while pushing. Went 44-10 and captured several objectives. I love the fact that I'm using iron sights and people can't see any scope glare. I then use the periscope to peer over rocks and cover, mark them, and then pop up and get an easy kill.

This is so much fun lol

So yeah the SMLE is mental....
You can basically use it like an assault weapon and take people head on.

The shotty on certain levels too is just ridiculous.

Loving this game

web01

Support is great surprised people feels it is weak.
Mortar is free kills all the time especially in rush / operations. And you can replenish it via ammo bags. LMG is very good at picking off people at mid to long range. Bipod makes it super accurate if defending.

Top Bottom