• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

*Splinter

I imagine that the very day I unlock the hellriegel will be the day it gets nerfed into oblivion.
I don't think it will be nerfed. It's a good gun but has its own downsides. (It's quite slow to kill, which is obviously an issue for a primarily close range weapon. It also comes with very little ammo, so you will need frequent resupplies or deaths).

It's a jack of all trades and very easy to use, but not as OP as people say.

Tovarisc

I don't think it will be nerfed. It's a good gun but has its own downsides. (It's quite slow to kill, which is obviously an issue for a primarily close range weapon. It also comes with very little ammo, so you will need frequent resupplies or deaths).

It has one of the fastest TTK's when firing to head, thanks to it being laser beam so every bullet will hit. It breaks SMG format by being most effective in ADS where other SMG's are at their most effective from the hip. Also 60 + 60 gives it about same amount of ammo as Automatico has, which is considered to be in shared OP spot with Hell.

Automatico is easier to run 'n spray with, but falls apart when there is basically any distance between you and target. You can try tap and burst, but eh. Hell is at its best when used like M16A3 from BF3, ADS every time with full auto to close and burst to mid - long range. Always aim for head because spread is so tiny.

Edit: Hellriegel needs good amount of accuracy reduction when firing to range, it's AR now and not SMG.

chiliboy

If any map belongs in the "shitty 3" of BF1 maps it's certainly Argonne Forest, not Sinai. That map is so narrow it's literally impossible to flank C if that point has any number of enemies (CQ). Don't even get me started on trying to play Operations on that pos map. It pains me to say this as well because visually I love the map and there's nothing wrong with the individual points.

hey mesh :D

Agreed, It is such a pretty map but it is sooooo difficult to spot anyone there.. not liking it at all :(

These weapons are starting to get on my nerves, feels like a roll of the dice when you kill someone.

Which weapons? :) Optical/Sniper/Marksman and Trench/Storm variants of the weapons are usually better at the moment. Try to remove bayonett aswell - also try the suppressive/telescopic variants of Mg15, Lewis and BAR if you are using support.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Operations for me mate

I love Operations but it keeps match making me on empty servers.
And got damn the loading times are quite long and the game frequently freezes after a match.

DICEy pls

chiliboy

I swear everytime I even look at my loadouts on the web page it resets them in game. The app doesn't seem to have the same issue.

web and app does not work at the moment.

Join an empty conquest server in-game, create and edit all loadouts. That is the only way that has been working for me.

I stopped playing Operations and switched to Conquest, immediately played a whole lot better. Operations is really immersive and I am gonna keep playing it, but especially on the 64 player setting it's a bit of a meatgrinder at times.

Really digging Amiens and Ballroom Blitz (+ Quentin Scar) at the moment. Running down an empty street on Amiens only to have it quickly evolve into a complete frenzy is amazing.

Tecnniqe

Banned
O7Jy2g.gif

Yo Fuck that medal for 5 LMG headshots.

I went 14-3 in TDM and.... ZERO headshots. I was aiming at the head and saw bullets hitting the head, but still nothing.

Honestly I think trying to focus on completing medals is ruining my fun. I need to just ignore them and enjoy trying to win games.

Medals should be disabled in modes like Rush and Operations imo. As if we need any more reasons for people not to concentrate on the objective.

Also, I destroyed a zeppelin earlier with the airship buster package. So satisfying.

chiliboy

Medals should be disabled in modes like Rush and Operations imo. As if we need any more reasons for people not to concentrate on the objective.

Also, I destroyed a zeppelin earlier with the airship buster package. So satisfying.

The flanker light tank does insaaaane dmg on the airship, you can easily take it down in 2 mins alone :)

Its pinpoint accurate, kills super fast (wth is it slow against?), has an insane fire rate, and has a larger mag capacity than some of the LMGs.

Acinixys

I actually haven't had a problem with any of the maps. Then again, I can't think of a BF map I have ever disliked.

BF3 Metro was garbage

Regardless of how much its loved as a meatgrinder for points, as an actual level its terrible

The fact that the people who spawn in the metro have to fight up stairs to get to B was a mistake. Made it impossible to push the point when you are getting C4d from above all the time

Mahonay

Banned

Its pinpoint accurate, kills super fast (wth is it slow against?), has an insane fire rate, and has a larger mag capacity than some of the LMGs.
Yes. Compared to the other weapons in the game, the Hellriegel is just way too powerful. It almost feels like a Battle Pick Up honestly.

Hari Seldon

Trying to play this last night for the first time. Every time I try and adjust the graphics settings the fucking game goes bananas and fucks up my resolution so bad that I have to go back to windows, kill the game, and toggle the resolution to something else and then back to my native res. Wtf! I spent 45 minutes dicking with it and never got to play. It seems to think my refresh rate is 59.49 or someshit which is probably making things go haywire.

LightInfa

I do really wish there was an option to do single-map Operations. I love the flow and the directionality of the battles, but you rarely get to see the second maps, let alone the third ones.

I completely agree with this - I get that they want to demonstrate more of the breadth of these historical campaigns, but the intrinsic success of Operations as a mode has nothing to do with the multi-map format. Just rebalance the mode around one map and it'll be just as fun and go a lot faster!

Machina

Banned
Totalbiscuits hate for this game is utterly baffling. DICE can really be damned if they do and damned if they don't when it comes to that guy.

Tovarisc

Totalbiscuits hate for this game is utterly baffling. DICE can really be damned if they do and damned if they don't when it comes to that guy.

If I remember right he thinks that CoD franchise has really evolved and innovated where BF franchise hasn't at all.

lebowski4ever

Neo Member
started the game yesterday. straight into campaign. really like the different mini story's, and the human cost of war...good stuff. not touched multiplayer yet...game looks fantastic too, as is the sound quality...glad i bought this and not just rented it.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
When jumping on the horse you get a very good gun, how do you keep it after leaving the horse. Anytime I jump off it goes bakc to my previous kit, advice?

Yeah, that sounds good. Make it hardcore (hate that term) and I'll be set for the next few months.

How do people enjoy hardcore? :p

Feels like it's full of campers and one shot kills with unbalanced weapons seems like such a weird afterthought. Id enjoy it if they actually balanced the weapons separately for HC.

I think the ideal playlist alternative should be Classic:

-Squad Leader spawn only
-No health regen, or regen to 70% max (unless medic heals you)
-2D spotting only

I wish that playlist was more popular, as it makes Squad Leader and medics more important.

Rush is so good in BF1. 😁

It truly is. But Sinai Desert Rush is so bad.

zephry

It's been a blast so far. But I found it strange that even though the weapons are about 100 years old, they are just as accurate and powerful as the modern weapons.

I don't really get why Angry Joe reviews get their own thread. Because they come out after the initial deluge of reviews?
I agree with you. So that's why I am surprised no one made one for angry joe reviewing battlefield 1.
i haven't search for it so I could be wrong.

Edit: after searching, there is a angry joe thread. I should have known.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Huh surprised no one made a angry joe battlefield 1 review thread.

Of course there's one.

I think I found my class in the assault class. For the first time, I actually finished in first on a map. Medic is too frustrating to play because people instantly tap out instead of waiting for a revive.

Top Bottom