• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I don't see similarity. Jimquisitions talk about issues, trends etc. within gaming communities and industry and related sites, where Joe's videos are game reviews where he wears costumes and usually yells a lots for no good reason.

Edit: Basically I have never understood why GAF elevates one specific reviewer and his reviews so much.

What makes it worse is that no one really has an answer for that. Anytime someone asks that question, it just gets brushed aside. I actually like Joe, for the most part, but I still don't get it.

Oh, well...

Theorry

2 minutes after said tank was already killed. Love it when announcer says "We lost objective Apples!" just as team got done recapping it after losing it minute ago.

Or people running away from a flag after capping where is clearly says someone is still of the flag from the enemy. I think alot of people dont get what the half moon means i think.

Xater

Or people running away from a flag after capping where is clearly says someone is still of the flag from the enemy. I think alot of people dont get what the half moon means i think.

I almost never leave a flag immediately. Even if there is no one there right now, there might still be stragglers on their way, or even a counter attack.

Tovarisc

VO lines soldiers yell are so random. At one point my dude screamed "We have lost an objective!" while I was nowhere near objective that was lost, didn't even have line of sight into its general direction. Also get random "Gas! Gas! Gas!" line quite often without there being gas grenade that I could see nor even hear, usually find some random gas cloud within 100m radius behind few corners and over the wall.

Audio, element of BF1 that you can't trust for shit.

Enjoy this game immensely. Jumped into Operations mode immediately and had an amazing closely fought defense as Germany in the forest map. It was a smart move by Dice to set most of the maps in 1918 so it makes more sense (kinda) that tons of people are running around with SMGs and semi auto rifles that were used almost at the end of the war.

I really wish we could see our actual ping number to a server before selecting it on Xbox, as they do it on PC. You can find out what it is after the fact when you've joined a game and turn on a setting in the options, but I want to know before I join. The bars representing ping aren't enough for my tastes.

Theorry

I really wish we could see our actual ping number to a server before selecting it on Xbox, as they do it on PC. You can find out what it is after the fact when you've joined a game and turn on a setting in the options, but I want to know before I join. The bars representing ping aren't enough for my tastes.

Because devs think console people are stupid and dont understand the numbers.
Thats my guess really after all those years hoping one dev would do it.

CHC

Soloing a tank as assault is probably the greatest feeling in the game.

I was on Fao Fortress and was dipping and dodging between ruined buildings. Chucked 2 AT grenades which were direct hits, then misled the tank and doubled back to go prone and finish her off with the rocket gun.

Ka-boom.

Definitely love how balanced the tanks feel. They manage to be both completely empowering to ride in, as well as completely exhilarating to destroy.

Anyone else finding the quality of playing going down as time goes on? At least compared to the early access period. I've been on some really awful teams lately.

CHC

Anyone else finding the quality of playing going down as time goes on? At least compared to the early access period. I've been on some really awful teams lately.

It'll probably get better soon. I think the early adopters were probably big Battlefield fans or beta players who had some idea what to do, now there are lot of people coming in based on positive word of mouth (myself being one of them!)

But yeah I've seen some shiiiiiiiiit lately. Was actually on a team that managed to lose the Italian Alps Operations mission. I mean.... really? Outside of the Arabian maps that is probably the hardest operation for attackers.

Because devs think console people are stupid and dont understand the numbers.
Thats my guess really after all those years hoping one dev would do it.
Well yeah, I know why, or could make assumptions as to why they don't do it. But I just want them to do it. Rainbow Six: Siege shows ping numbers on Xbox, and it's a lovely feature.

Daffy Duck

Yes I was on a team yesterday that managed to make a game of conquest last 21 minutes.....they were fucking awful they did nothing, then we got a behemoth because we were down like 400-100 and the driver proceeds to just sit at the spawn point on the three flag desert map (can't remember the name) I managed to get pinned down every flank I went too because no one tried to push.

Was an awful game.

More and more "normal" folk jumping in and increasing player numbers compared to the "hardcore" early-access pop at launch.

And yes. I almost lost a game as defender on Argonne Forest, which had never happened until that game.

I just try to forget about winning and just play the game. A few games ago I went 53-15 and had a score over 20k and we still only won by ten tickets or so; when I get decent players on my team though, we steamroll. My last Suez game was only 10 minutes long and the final score was 1000-160, lol. That match was pretty funny. I spawned as Cavalry at the start. I went and flanked around A while they were still capping. I killed about eight people right at the start. Cavalry is so good; I don’t understand why more people don’t want it.

Yes I was on a team yesterday that managed to make a game of conquest last 21 minutes.....they were fucking awful they did nothing, then we got a behemoth because we were down like 400-100 and the driver proceeds to just sit at the spawn point on the three flag desert map (can't remember the name) I managed to get pinned down every flank I went too because no one tried to push.

Was an awful game.

Did this happen to be on a European server? Because the exact same thing happened to me last night. The train driver just sat there.

Am I the only one who thinks players camped nowhere near an objective playing as scouts are 10-15year olds?

About the player above who just sat at the spawn in the behemoth, I would message him endlessly until he moved. He probably didn't know how to move the train. Forward?

I've only even been in the train and the ship, is it possible to control the zeppelin? Haven't been in that one yet.

nelchaar

Is there a way to turn off the auto-knife switch when an enemy is close by? It keeps switching to a knife from my primary weapon when I run into an enemy and basically getting me killed when I miss the stab due to distance (PS4).

Today I just joined a Rush match in which the defending team had 12-15 Scouts. I quit immediately.

Use smoke grenades and rush them.

Am I the only one who thinks players camped nowhere near an objective playing as scouts are 10-15year olds?

About the player above who just sat at the spawn in the behemoth, I would message him endlessly until he moved. He probably didn't know how to move the train. Forward?

I've only even been in the train and the ship, is it possible to control the zeppelin? Haven't been in that one yet.

Yeah, you can steer the zeppelin around to take objectives and drop bombs.

Is this gonna support PS4 pro on launch or is a patch coming later?

Did you ever eat that cartridge?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Is there a way to turn off the auto-knife switch when an enemy is close by? It keeps switching to a knife from my primary weapon when I run into an enemy and basically getting me killed when I miss the stab due to distance (PS4).

Take off the bayonet on your gun. (Press Triangle when on your primary weapon in Customize). I assume this is your problem, because I have never had an instance of my shovel turning into a knife.

Coffinhal

People who discover the game today don't have the knowledge you all accumulated throughout the beta + the early access + one week since launch.

Damn this thread is slowly becoming whining about how your last game was ruined because of other people. I'm waiting until two gaffers who played in the same team criticise how the other one didn't know how to play the right way.

Alpende

Sometimes I really think my team is dumb or something. Plenty of times the opposing team captures 2 flags near our base but everyone just carries on. Annoying as hell.

Surfinn

Ha, I love camping in a tank occasionally. I enjoy it even more when I know it pisses so many people off.

Nice, so you're the guy who made us lose by 20 points yesterday by parking the tank. Please just camp as scout and save us the trouble. People get mad because you're ruining the game, not because they're jealous of your K/D. :/

Damn this thread is slowly becoming whining about how your last game was ruined because of other people. I'm waiting until two gaffers who played in the same team criticise how the other one didn't know how to play the right way.

It's not about playing the right way, it's about playing what the mode you chose to play. People ruining your experience with the game because of their incompetence is a legit criticism. You don't need to spend hours familiarizing yourself with the game, or be a BF veteran, to walk towards the large circles with letters in them...

The quicker people fuck off to CoD and Titanfall, the better.

Tovarisc

Holy shit, DICE didn't fix TP view bug with tanks :DDDD You can still use TP view to shoot over cover, down the hillsides etc. that is impossible in first person.

5taquitos

People ruining your experience with the game because of their incompetence is a legit criticism.

But no amount of complaining here or anywhere will make scrubs better. BF is a popular series, and these players are here to stay. Best to just roll with it and just have fun as possible or run with some homies.

Not to say that DICE could do better explaining and teaching mechanics to noobies though

*Splinter

It's not about playing the right way, it's about playing what the mode you chose to play. People ruining your experience with the game because of their incompetence is a legit criticism. You don't need to spend hours familiarizing yourself with the game, or be a BF veteran, to walk towards the large circles with letters in them...

The quicker people fuck off to CoD and Titanfall, the better.
The elitism toward CoD fans from Battlefield fans will never stop being hilarious.

Surfinn

People who discover the game today don't have the knowledge you all accumulated throughout the beta + the early access + one week since launch.

Just because criticism exists doesn't mean it's not a good game or that it's not worth playing. It's a lot of fun but there's nothing wrong with raising awareness about things that make the experience a lot worse for scores of people.

I think we can all agree that people not playing the objectives really ruins the game regardless of what you're playing (unless it's team DM).

But no amount of complaining here or anywhere will make scrubs better. BF is a popular series, and these players are here to stay. Best to just roll with it and just have fun as possible or run with some homies.

Not to say that DICE could do better explaining and teaching mechanics to noobies though

These aren't noobs, though (where a lot of my complaints come from). I don't care if some noob doesn't know how to play the game.. everyone starts somewhere. But I'm talking about dudes who are level 40-70 who fuck the game up because they're farming kills. That's lame.

The elitism toward CoD fans from Battlefield fans will never stop being hilarious.

I'm all for people playing COD or Titanfall if they wanna. But I do think you should at least TRY to help your team win, that's all I'm saying.

Xater

Use smoke grenades and rush them.

I was on their team. They were all shit and just got overrun by tanks. That's the quality of games right now.

You'd think BF is simple as fuck and easy to grasp for anyone, but nope. No wonder games got dumber and dumber over the years. The mainstream is just stupid as fuck.

This always happens. I'm waiting to respawn and I see a point flashing, being captured and a dozen blue arrows running away from the flag.

It was a Euro server, specifically an Irish one.

95% sure I was in that match on Suez. People were telling him to move and saying he was trolling. I was in one of the guns on the train trying to do something but it was impossible.

Nice, so you're the guy who made us lose by 20 points yesterday by parking the tank. Please just camp as scout and save us the trouble. People get mad because you're ruining the game, not because they're jealous of your K/D. :/

I think I have done it once, twice at most since the beta, but I'll play how I want thanks. Couldn't give a shit if you lose because on the rare occasion when I'm too tired to push points I choose to do something lazy in a game I paid just as much as you for.

Really couldn't care less about K/D either.

I've noticed that for the Ottoman side on Suez, half the time they're losing badly it just turns into a sniping battle.

may have participated.....

thejpfin

Yes I was on a team yesterday that managed to make a game of conquest last 21 minutes.....they were fucking awful they did nothing, then we got a behemoth because we were down like 400-100 and the driver proceeds to just sit at the spawn point on the three flag desert map.

Did this happen to be on a European server? Because the exact same thing happened to me last night. The train driver just sat there.

Hmm, I played a similar Suez conquest match yesterday evening/night where all our 3 flags were taken and our train guy didn't move the train. It was EU server too. Maybe we all 3 played on the same server :D.

At start of the match my team took every flag. Then few mins later enemy took all flags back and started spawn killing us, it was total spawn kill fest nonstop until match ended.

I didn't realize they locked the number of layers allowed on emblems behind the premium dlc... that's kinda disappointing

I wanted my Love Live icons dammit

Hmm, I played a similar Suez conquest match yesterday evening/night where all our 3 flags were taken and our train guy didn't move the train. It was EU server too. Maybe we all 3 played on the same server :D.

At start of the match my team took every flag. Then few mins later enemy took all flags back and started spawn killing us, it was total spawn kill fest nonstop until match ended.

That sounds right.

If we'd have known we should have teamed up.

Surfinn

I think I have done it once, twice at most since the beta, but I'll play how I want thanks. Couldn't give a shit if you lose because on the rare occasion when I'm too tired to push points I choose to do something lazy in a game I paid just as much as you for.

It's not all about you. If you want that experience SP would be better suited. No one said you CAN'T play the way you want but you're ruining part of the experience for 31 other people per game you do this. It's selfish and incentivizes others to play the same way.

If you're lazy why not get out and give someone else a turn who will do something with it? There's lots of ways to play without fucking the game up. Go scout, for example. At least then you're not doing as much harm to your team.

It's not about winning it's about trying to help the team..... in a TEAM BASED GAME. That's the point of playing this mode (and part of the fun).

But meh.. I don't even know why I'm explaining this.

Oh please, welcome to what the Overwatch OT was like for the past five months.

Top Bottom