• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I'm really enjoying this game, but man I suck. It's so hard for me to wrap my head around where to expect enemy teams to spawn in, as I'm always getting shot out of nowhere. Is there a good written/video intro to learning the ins and outs of this game? I've never really played Battlefield before.

Thats going to happen.

Try not to spawn on a flag that is sandwhiched between two enemy flags.

Its risky spawning on teammates who are near enemy flags too, since you could get caught in crossfire

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh I do love a tank.

jFdZbPW.png

Surfinn

Not hard to take out. Id say it's harder for Attackers because they just dont have enough tickets.

Probably getting ammo from a pouch. Not hard to get 2-3 extra rockets as he's firing the initial rounds
The reason why I asked is because it took forever to resupply rockets in BF4. Is it just faster now?

Man, I've been playing a lot and I'm still Assault rank 8... I want that Hellrieger or whatever it is called. But it's taking forever ._.

Theorry

Omg the MG15 is soooo good. I loved the BAR. But i think this one is even better. Its a sniper at range also when you hold down the trigger. 100 bullets. Its a beast.
Started using it today and almost all matches 40 kills and some deaths.

Thats going to happen.

Try not to spawn on a flag that is sandwhiched between two enemy flags.

Its risky spawning on teammates who are near enemy flags too, since you could get caught in crossfire
This is good advice. I noticed people get rekt more when they try to be hero's and go on Thiery own to flags that were overtaken. Better to hit them with more teammates near you.

CHC

For such a widely used gun I am finding the Mondragon to literally be the worst weapon I've ever touched. Piddly shit damage, and completely capable of expending it's whole clip in seconds yet hitting not a fucking thing but sky. It's awful.

Theorry

For such a widely used gun I am finding the Mondragon to literally be the worst weapon I've ever touched. Piddly shit damage, and completely capable of expending it's whole clip in seconds yet hitting not a fucking thing but sky. It's awful.

ya9J5.gif

Yeah the mondragon is horribly inaccurate compared to what it was in the beta. They really messed with its bullet spread or how accurate it is when you move ADS.

I've been using the Optical variant, as I have a hard time seeing people in the distance with these old eyes.. I'm a little over 300 kills with it. Seems solid for me.

Tovarisc

Look at this; http://symthic.com/bf1-compare?Mondragon_Optical_vs_Selbstlader_M1916_Optical

Very little is different from DMR to DMR, from SMG to SMG etc. For e.g. all DMR's share same minimum and maximum damage values. Also all DMR's don't hit wide side of an barn, from inside, if spammed at maximum RPM. They lose accuracy very fast when fired fast so you are supposed to pace your shots, give it that moment to reset cone of fire.

But why is it still so good!?

It's like that ex-gf with whom you don't get along, but... activities are great for both.

I have 47h in BF1 already, will clock a lot more.

Raide

The Mandragon goes in waves for me. Sometimes its super accurate and I am pinging heads off from miles away, other times I cannot hit someone 2ft from me... but that could just be because I am crap. 😄

Still love being a medic. Trying out the crate thing instead of bandages. Some good healing numbers if you find loads defending objectives.

Need to get more ranks and try the other weapons. Sometimes wish I could have something else than a pistol.

CHC

I prefer the Selfasffblatter or whatever it's called for the medic gun personally, I'm much more successful with it.

Lender

Had one of my best matches ever! In the previous it took a whole lot of nagging to get the squad leader to mark objectives, but at the end of that round he finally knew what to do. (although I was basically giving the orders over VOIP the rest of our time together).

Then the next round came up, and it all just clicked. Great teamwork, great balanced squad with a mix of assault, medic and support and just general good tactics. It's a great demonstration how even a bunch of strangers can achieve these kinds of results when working together nicely. Everyone of our squad in the top 5. That's teamwork! And we won the round!

battlefield110.27.201a0u6n.jpg

Fury451

Banned
Fuck the RNG Battepacks did really good in Operations and get nothing in return.

Skill doesn't matter. I do well enough in the game overall and have only unlocked 8 total, 4 of which were repeats of the 5 I already got with the early enlister edition.

That's with playing consistently all since last Tuesday. The system is borked.

Surfinn

I prefer the Selfasffblatter or whatever it's called for the medic gun personally, I'm much more successful with it.

Was just about to post this. Get the rifle with 26 rounds and near instant reload. Much better. Mondragon sucks in comparison.

Tovarisc

Was just about to post this. Get the rifle with 26 rounds and near instant reload. Much better. Mondragon sucks in comparison.

2.4s to 3.5s reload is near instant? Shame there is no numbers for Mondragon reload times, but I would put into same ballpark after spending hours with Mondragon. Only real difference is mag size in favor of Selbstlader while Mondragon fires 15% faster, everything else is identical.

The Beard

I hate squad leaders that don't mark objectives, dude, we are wasting half of XP points because of that !!! T.T

It's been really bad the last few days. I'm hitting the request objective button repeatedly, I'm asking the leaders to set an objective on the mic, I'm switching squads to try to find a competent squad leader, rinse and repeat. Last night I went through 8 squads between 2 different servers before I finally talked one of the leaders into marking objectives. It's exhausting. I can't wait until Dice implements the BF4 system where if you request objectives and don't get one, you become the leader.

Theorry

Jb

The end of round results are straight up broken on PS4 at the moment. They don't manage to load in the 40s before the server switches to the next map...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mondragon gets me hard. Love it.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
The end of round results are straight up broken on PS4 at the moment. They don't manage to load in the 40s before the server switches to the next map...

Yes. I feel your pain as well. Starting to get some weird lag/rubber banding as well :-(

Surfinn

2.4s to 3.5s reload is near instant? Shame there is no numbers for Mondragon reload times, but I would put into same ballpark after spending hours with Mondragon. Only real difference is mag size in favor of Selbstlader while Mondragon fires 15% faster, everything else is identical.

A full second is a shitload faster (near instant in comparison to the Mon).. and I'd take 15% slower for 26 shots any day. That's like 2-3 more kills in a clip, maybe even more. Personal preference I suppose but I don't see any reason to use the Mondragon over it. What are the obvious advantages?

The Selfblaster is much better though. You can actually kill more than 2 people before reloading.

Beat me to it.

I find it hard to care about the Battlepacks in this game because none of the skins are particularly attractive. I appreciate that they didn't include any weird skins that don't suit the time period, but that doesn't mean the ones they did put in the game aren't boring.

Theorry

Selbstlader got me killed up close alot of times. Where with the Mondragon i could hold my own. And it didnt felt any better at longer range then the mondragon. So i prefer the Mondragon.

Surfinn

Selbstlader got me killed up close alot of times. Where with the Mondragon i could hold my own. And it didnt felt any better at longer range then the mondragon. So i prefer the Mondragon.

Honestly I just switch to the default gun with the optics for close encounters, both are far too slow up close for my taste. Medium to long range I go with Sel. Just can't go back to less than half the clip.

The Beard

I find it hard to care about the Battlepacks in this game because none of the skins are particularly attractive. I appreciate that they didn't include any weird skins that don't suit the time period, but that doesn't mean the ones they did put in the game aren't boring.

I couldn't care less about the battlepacks. They are so boring in this game. They should at least add some dog tags or emblems. I bought two of elite packs that cost 900 scraps, and I got the Mondragon Mexican skin in both. Snoozefest.

Theorry

Nah. Mondragon storm has better damage and range/accuracy. Sebl is useless on more distant targets that Mon can nail every time.

Nope. They both do 40-35 max min and have the same accuracy.
0.18 for non optical. 0.135 for optical. And marksman versions both have 0.12.

Well yea, if you don't hit anything I imagine any gun is bad. I'm a headshot machine with the Mondragon. 1-3 shots per kill unless someone catches me at close range and I have to unload quickly.

Top Bottom