• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

U0uLmht.jpg
Don't talk to me unless you also waste all your time getting melee kills

Jarrod38

i think most people dont even know there is a rocket launcher in this game... 99% are playing every mode like its Team deathmatch

The second to last sector I was just wrecking them on B. Was trying to find a way to get inside with the tank couldn't find one but my teammate did.

What's more fun at the moment conquest or operation?
Both are great. I personally perfer 40 players operations since 64 players can be chaotic and I have never won as attackers on 64 players. Also prob plays better on PS4. I switch bettwen those and Rush if I am looking for a faster match.

Don't talk to me unless you also waste all your time getting melee kills
I wish I could always use the cavalry sword :( thats my favorite melee weapon since its a sword!
Me and my Tank.
Screenshot-Original.png

Zeppelin pwnage :3

Heroman

Banned
For such a widely used gun I am finding the Mondragon to literally be the worst weapon I've ever touched. Piddly shit damage, and completely capable of expending it's whole clip in seconds yet hitting not a fucking thing but sky. It's awful.
I take it that haven't tried the lmg yet.

I'm not sure if I will stick to hard. The second plane mission seems awfully cheap, with enemies who start behind me and seem to have locked on aim.

I took a break and started the armored soldier campaign story. I'm near the end of that on hard, and it's been solid.

The library got this in today, though, and I know I don't like it enough to keep, so I'm going to return my purchased copy for a credit refund and borrow it from the library. That way I won't need to worry about beating it in a week.

So I finished the campaign last night. I'm curious, what ended up being everyone's favorite mission?

I think my favorite might have ended up being The Runner, but that might have just been because I'm a sucker for ANZAC stories and that song Zajdi Zajdi that plays at the end.

I really can't stand defending in Operations. Not only does it require more overall team work (people don't jump into the objective even though they are 10 feet from it), but you have to deal with the Blimp. It's a fucking nightmare and it's completely anti-fun unless you are with a competent squad, which is few and far between.

Orcus

It's been really bad the last few days. I'm hitting the request objective button repeatedly, I'm asking the leaders to set an objective on the mic, I'm switching squads to try to find a competent squad leader, rinse and repeat. Last night I went through 8 squads between 2 different servers before I finally talked one of the leaders into marking objectives. It's exhausting. I can't wait until Dice implements the BF4 system where if you request objectives and don't get one, you become the leader.

Just start your own squad if it becomes to annoying to perform the public service of educating new players. New squads fill up surprisingly fast, and now you control their destiny. :D

The Beard

Just start your own squad if it becomes to annoying to perform the public service of educating new players. New squads fill up surprisingly fast, and now you control their destiny. :D

Isn't there a limit on the # of squads? I never see an option to create my own.

Is the smle mk3 infantry a good sniper? I like to keep moving and stay a good distance away from others.
The SMLE Infantry is mostly used by people who want to get close to the action. I think that variant actually has a higher rate-of-fire which is why it's used for closer quartered combat.

If you're doing distance I think the SMLE Marksman variant is the correct option.

Baleoce

Just finished the first two single player campaigns. Loving it so far. I think the mini story format works really well.

Anyone else constantly have teammates sprint off to the next flag as one or more behind them are being taken, or refuse to defend a flag that's being contested (as clearly denoted by the colored bar at the top)?

This is driving me freaking crazy. Earlier I even had a squadmate do it to me on Sinai desert as I was attempting to capture the train station CP. There were 2-3 nearby enemies that were halting my progress, and what does the idiot do when he spawns on me? He immediately takes off towards the CP in the village, leaving me there all by myself where I'm eventually found and killed. I raged so hard...

I swear, sometimes it feels like I'm playing with badly programmed bots. It's just astounding how stupid and unaware the average player can be. :-/

abuC

It's impossible to take Mocheni turret (B ON Monte Grappa) if the other team gets there first and just neglects the other two flags. There's only two ways in and the other team is spawning in there, it's game over.

deoee

I hate people who pick tanks and park them way behind the frontline to occasionaly shoot one infantry from afar.
Totally useless for the team and the gamemodes...

It's impossible to take Mocheni turret (B ON Monte Grappa) if the other team gets there first and just neglects the other two flags.

I have seen it done only once, but yes you are right. It's a big problem on an otherwise outstanding map.

The other problem I noticed is on Ballroom Blitz. Once the attackers are reinforced with a war blimp, the first sector is just stomped through because the only anti-air available is a couple sectors back. It's rubbish.

I hate people who pick tanks and park them way behind the frontline to occasionaly shoot one infantry from afar.
Totally useless for the team and the gamemodes...

I feel like damage should drop off at distances for infantry, while remaining the same for everything else. Maybe that'd stop this from happening?

Man, Argonne Forest and the AIR Mortar is sweet. I love clearing chokepoints from B to C with a just a few rounds It's amazing how few people seem to mess with the mortar.

Tovarisc

Man, Argonne Forest and the AIR Mortar is sweet. I love clearing chokepoints from B to C with a just a few rounds It's amazing how few people seem to mess with the mortar.

That is for better. If mortars in their current state got popular it would become bigger issue than mortars were pre-nerf in BF3. Airburst mortar is wicked powerful when there is even one concentrating down people.

Top Bottom