• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Surfinn

I disagree. The Mondragon seems to have a higher accuracy/damage output if you pace your shots correctly.

The auto loader has less consistent accuracy for me.
I'm pretty sure someone in the previous page linked stats that show they're the same or close to the same in terms of damage and accuracy.

This game has so much potential, but right now it's massively held back by its lack of teamwork. Been playing quite a bit over these past few days on PC and haven't heard so much as a peep from anyone else in VOIP. Also, squads almost never stick together or even have orders to follow. It results in such a shallow, mindless, and at times frustrating experience. If these things don't change within the next 2-3 months, I can't see this game holding my attention for much longer than that. Battlefield deserves so much better. I think DICE is partly to blame, but the community's incompetence just can't be ignored. We had the open beta, after all, so none of this should be new to anyone. There's no excuse. Hopefully Classic Mode will be a big game changer, that is if it ever arrives.

chiliboy

This game has so much potential, but right now it's massively held back by its lack of teamwork. Been playing quite a bit over these past few days on PC and haven't heard so much as a peep from anyone else in VOIP. Also, squads almost never stick together or even have orders to follow. It results in such a shallow, mindless, and at times frustrating experience. If these things don't change within the next 2-3 months, I can't see this game holding my attention for much longer than that. Battlefield deserves so much better. I think DICE is partly to blame, but the community's incompetence just can't be ignored. We had the open beta, after all, so none of this should be new to anyone. There's no excuse. Hopefully Classic Mode will be a big game changer, that is if it ever arrives.

Join us at the neogaf discord, we are playing a lot each night and that really helps!
add me on origin, steelchiliboy.

I do have to agree that randoms are idiots, and they usually wind up in my team for some reason.. I was playing War Pigeon last night and jesus... randoms treat it like TDM -.- Its hard to win when the enemy team can freely pick up the pigeon.

Hjod

Banned
Amiens is such an atmospheric map, easy to get lost looking down a smokey street or raking the battle destroying building fronts. Amazing map.

That level is so good, I try to get the Light Tank, and race through the back streets, you can rack alot of points cause the tank fits everywhere. The light tank is a beast when capping F, E and so on.

Odrion

Banned
100% cleared singleplayer. It was pretty good. Yeah the emotional moments don't hit too hard due to the quick pace of the stories but they still somewhat hit and I'm happy they've made the effort.

Zushin

Such a fantastic game, having so much fun. Love almost all of the maps too, probably Sinai Desert is my least favourite but have no issues playing it for some diversity!

Had a pretty good night. Started a squad on Operations Defense as the Ottomans, people who joined got mad about my defend orders (instead of ordering them to retake objectives I guess?) and left my squad. But the two chaps who joined me after that followed my orders perfectly. We ended up managing to hold that last point B, the hill in Suez, for two full reinforcements.

Good stuff.

So any word on if Dice is going to fix that impenetrable B bunker on the Mountain map? It's getting tiring and it's ruining it for me on that map.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So any word on if Dice is going to fix that impenetrable B bunker on the Mountain map? It's getting tiring and it's ruining it for me on that map.
You can stand on the roof and capture the point, fuck em down there let them camp.

I still don't agree with them removing 100% chance for MVP to get a box. Silly RNG :3

What is the best tank layout in this game? To you guys and gals?
It's personal preference, but some of my thoughts:

Landship: if you're on comms with some friends who are decent tankers, this thing destroys everything, especially in the tank hunter configuration where the driver gets the elite AT rifle (tankgewehr? Panzergewehr?) that will one shot infantry and is great for interrupting enemy tank self-repair. With randoms, or people who don't normally use tanks? An exercise in frustration (since the driver is reliant on the gunners to actually shoot the enemy tanks/artillery/etc.).

Heavy tank: the one I use most, since it's effective solo. Great armour, very good in tank vs tank battles. A co-ordinated landship squad will trump you, but they're rare as hens teeth. You'll take out artillery trucks and light tanks easily due to their lower armour. In terms of layout, I think the one with passenger auto cannons is the strongest, but I don't use it. Generally, since the view for passengers is so limited, people who spawn in the tank will just immediately get out. I've found that the flamethrower configuration will entice people to stay longer, which is a huge benefit especially in confined quarters where having side gunners can save your bacon, since you only have a forward facing gun and no turret.

Artillery truck: I haven't played with it since the Beta. I used it with the big gun (howitzur config I assume), and it does amazing damage and is super manoeuvrable. The downside is the very limited armour. If you're a crafty player you could probably use this to great effect, but I like playing the objectives very hard, which means I take a lot of fire, so it doesn't suit my style.

Light tank: people who get insane kill counts seem to be using this one. I'm not sure what technique they use (hopefully someone else can explain). Whenever I see one in my heavy I stomp it almost instantly, so I assume it's best used as an anti-infantry vehicle that should avoid tank vs tank combat. When I play as tanker I see the anti-armour role as my highest priority, so again this one doesn't suit my play style. I assume the biggest advantage is the small size (smaller target) and 360 degree turret.

I am loving Argonne and Amiens at the moment. But hot damn, Suez is a mess. Argonne works in terms of CQC combat, but Suez doesn't because it's essentially a standoff in the middle of the map with a dune in the middle and buildings on either side. I literally spawned and died about 6 times in a row on that map yesterday. We were also winning with about a 100 point lead, nothing too extreme, and they get the train.. well we lost from that point onward.

I unlocked the Sebt medic gun based on someone's advice from here, but I am not feeling it for some reason. I seem to do better with the Rigotti at pretty much all ranges. Which one should I go for next, the Mondragon?

I also keep switching between the base assault sub and the automatico. The automatico is a hipfire monster and my go-to for maps like Argonne, but its iron sight and capabilities outside close range are total thrash.

You can stand on the roof and capture the point, fuck em down there let them camp.

I still don't agree with them removing 100% chance for MVP to get a box. Silly RNG :3

Would have preferred the overwatch box per level or X levels approach.

Any PC peeps playing together? I'd love to get some Gaffers to play with.

saladine1

What stick sensitivity (Xbox) setting is recommended for infantry movements?
It seems my aiming is either just too fast or too slow with the controller...

Marc

I am loving this game, I am not a 'multiplayer guy' but got into it again with Star Wars Battlefront. Obviously interested in this game as a result and love the WW1 setting. Although it plays more like a WW2 game and wish there was a more trench focused combat, either a "over the hill" mode or just a map that forces you into them but guessing that custom games section might provide this one day.

After initially getting owned with the random spawns, with like 99% of deaths being shot in the back (annoying!) I am working my way back up. Usually in the top 3 positions now playing pretty much exclusively as medic class. Heals seem to wrack up points, revives are hard to do as most spawn too quickly or are in bad spots but usually get a few in. The spawns are very odd though, especially team deathmatch.

Is there any kind of guide as to how you're doing as a player? Like what is a good K/D ratio in this game beyond the obvious. The companion app has a skill meter thing, anyone know what that is about and how to compare?

Played there the other day and was getting kills for fun. In my case they left the door open so I threw a gas grenade in, which some always forget to put their masks on. The ones that do put masks on are now hampered. I then went around the other entrance as they were all focused on the gas grenade one and shot them all in the back. Then got a sentry spawn... and basically wrecked anyone coming up the hill.

If its the getting there, you can change squads to someone who is nearby or in my case I took a plane as no one was using them and just jumped out on the higher ground. Then when I had got the area, there is a anti-aircraft flak cannon which tears up the planes very quickly.

B is most definitely not impenetrable.
It's tough and requires a sizeable force all going in single file but it can be done.

The worse part is the final large fort on that map after you've no doubt already used up alot of tickets on B bunker

That being said I do prefer to defend it. I love defending it. My shotgun..... is raw!!!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Would have preferred the overwatch box per level or X levels approach.

Any PC peeps playing together? I'd love to get some Gaffers to play with.
A box each level would be fine and after that one each time you gain the exp needed from 99-100 (after you hit 100) would be suitable to the current dupe drops as they removed the only way to ensure you getting a pack; to be MVP in the game.

Also check out the community section in the OT for discord link. We talk daily and get people together.

It ain't that hard. At worst you just kill as many as you can with gas, incendiary, and explosives and just outnumber them and cap it from the top.

It ain't that hard. At worst you just kill as many as you can with gas, incendiary, and explosives and just outnumber them and cap it from the top.

Last night a sizeable brigade came in through the north entrance.

I got capped, which annoyed me. So I ran round - flanked - came through the door they'd just pushed through and I had 6 guys in front of me with their backs all turned.

I actually laughed out loud as I cooked that grenade..... until it went off in my hands and took us all out

*Splinter

Jesus you make this sound like a job. If you want to take it super seriously you can squad up with gaffers, if you want to play it casually then expect to be playing with others who don't bend over backwards to support your play style.

So sick of the moaning in here.

Use explosives, gas/incendiaries, and resupplies. It's far from impenetrable.

Or just get there early.

This works too. I defended it twice last night for full defences. Last defence and the opposition rushed it before we'd set up camp.

Needless to say they spanked us that round

I hear you guys when it comes to the B bunker, but getting randoms to actually go with me is nigh impossible. So it's pretty much impenetrable.

I just went 69-14, but apparently that wasn't enough. I did this while reviving and healing people.

It sucks to put that much work into a match and not get rewarded.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I can't see me playing this anywhere near as much as BF4, very limited weapon choice, no interesting gadgets and already getting tired of the number of snipers in every single game.

I can't see me playing this anywhere near as much as BF4, very limited weapon choice, no interesting gadgets and already getting tired of the number of snipers in every single game.

Cover to cover mate. Never run in the open. Use the Tanks for cover etc... Throw smoke/Gas at the snipers. Keep randomly dropping to prone when in the open and always always move.

It's frustrating but you can reduce their effectiveness

Tecnniqe

Banned
I hear you guys when it comes to the B bunker, but getting randoms to actually go with me is nigh impossible. So it's pretty much impenetrable.

I just went 69-14, but apparently that wasn't enough. I did this while reviving and healing people.

It sucks to put that much work into a match and not get rewarded.
Well yes I've been stuck on the same point and it took forever for people to read the chat and realize that going down there was a death sentence.

And the thing about putting in so much work; you still get the points but even then they removed MVP rewards so besides EXP you are not fighting for top scores anymore to get more back, you can simply do fuck all and camp in a tank back at base for a entire game and still get rewarded more then the people with 10-20k more score than you.

SuperSah

Banned
Anyone else have problems where at the end of round the icons and stuff never load?

it's always black and I can never see icons of the winners, who gets battle packs etc.

Theorry

Artillery truck: I haven't played with it since the Beta. I used it with the big gun (howitzur config I assume), and it does amazing damage and is super manoeuvrable. The downside is the very limited armour. If you're a crafty player you could probably use this to great effect, but I like playing the objectives very hard, which means I take a lot of fire, so it doesn't suit my style.

Use the AA version when there is a zeppelin or alot of other aircrafts being annoying.
That thing shreds the zeppelin.

I've had long defenses at B bunker and I've gotten overrun there quickly. Just depends on both sides. Definitely not impenetrable and like it has already been said, you technically don't even need to go underneath to cap it.

I love Operations but I hate that I have to exit to play another match after completion instead of it just taking my party to the next one.

They also need to make the format more malleable so that we can regularly play on other maps. I've NEVER seen the third Ottoman Map on Suez in 50 hours. I've also played the Forest map after Ballroom Blitz twice.

I feel like I'm 'punished' for successfully defending when I can't even see the entire campaign unless we fail.

source.gif

Join us at the neogaf discord, we are playing a lot each night and that really helps!
add me on origin, steelchiliboy.

I do have to agree that randoms are idiots, and they usually wind up in my team for some reason.. I was playing War Pigeon last night and jesus... randoms treat it like TDM -.- Its hard to win when the enemy team can freely pick up the pigeon.

Can I join as well, and add you on Origin? I need friends to play with!

Top Bottom