• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Anyone else lose a ton of class levels after the latest update? My Assault went from Level 9 to level 2, Scout from level 3 to level 0, Support from level 7 to level 2. What's going on?

The Beard

Why are Battlepacks so lame? There's nothing in them that I want. Why didn't they include dog tags, emblems, and new icons for custom emblems? The skins are so boring and there's only like 10 of them.

CHC

Not when Argonne Forest and Monte Grappa exist.

Definitely agree about Monte Grappa, jaw-droppingly gorgeous. In fact, I still don't know if it's one of my favorite maps because it plays well, or simply because I just love being in it so much.

Argonne Forest is pretty good too but I feel like it's visuals are REALLY hamstrung by the default lighting. It's just a boring overcast sky with really flat grey lighting on everything - it's almost like you're looking at it in a model viewer program, or like it's a pre-screening movie without any post processing applied. When it gets foggy or bright and sunny though, it's astonishingly good looking.

Why are Battlepacks so lame? There's nothing in them that I want. Why didn't they include dog tags, emblems, and new icons for custom emblems? The skins are so boring and there's only like 10 of them.

The Revision 2 is out, so there is 20 now i guess, you have also a special melee weapon that you can unlock.

I *really* appreciate the fact they kept the design of the weapon somewhat coherent with the setting, unlike r6 siege, but i am really afraid we´ll finish with purple or pink weapon.

WillyFive

The Revision 2 is out, so there is 20 now i guess, you have also a special melee weapon that you can unlock.

I *really* appreciate the fact they kept the design of the weapon somewhat coherent with the setting, unlike r6 siege, but i am really afraid we´ll finish with purple or pink weapon.

Yeah, I really hope we don't end up with the garbage that you see in the recent CoD games, with people running around with sparkling gold or neon pink guns.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I don't understand Battlepacks. I got a legendary sidearm... But I can't use it because I'm not level 10? And I still have to use Warbonds to buy it?

Tovarisc

Anyone else lose a ton of class levels after the latest update? My Assault went from Level 9 to level 2, Scout from level 3 to level 0, Support from level 7 to level 2. What's going on?

They increased XP requirements for class levels a lot, but didn't bother to mention this in patch notes.

The Beard

It's not that I want neon green or hot pink, it's just that there are so few possibilities available that having a Battlepack lottery system for them is downright laughable. I've gotten the "very rare" Mondragon Mexican skin 3 times already.

If they're going to have so few available options then why not let us actually earn them? A lottery is fine if you have dozens of possibilities with actual Rare items mixed in. Since there are so few skin options available, why not mix in some dog tags and emblems?

No, Sinai Desert is probably the best looking map in the game. That map has a ton of detail and a large variety of color variation within the warm spectrum.

lol Joke? Sinai is basically this...

scaletowidth

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It's not that I want neon green or hot pink, it's just that there are so few possibilities available that having a Battlepack lottery system for them is downright laughable. I've gotten the "very rare" Mondragon Mexican skin 3 times already.

If they're going to have so few available options then why not let us actually earn them? A lottery is fine if you have dozens of possibilities with actual Rare items mixed in. Since there are so few skin options available, why not mix in some dog tags and emblems?
I think they are just trying to ease people into microtransactions. Other games do this to not sour new players with microtransactions.

Yeah, it looks just like that; it's fantastic. Even the rocks look great, the sand effects and weather effects, the heat ripples, it's all phenomenal.

on a serious note, i agree, sinai is fucking beautifully executed.

on a less serious note, it's probably all the orange & blue... amirite?

;p

You are in luck my friend, i opened a dozen of battlepack and never got one rare. :/

Maybe they will allow to buy specific skins with scraps in the future.

The Beard

You are in luck my friend, i opened a dozen of battlepack and never got one rare. :/

Maybe they will allow to buy specific skins with scraps in the future.

I first got the "Legendary" Mexican skin in one of my first normal battlepacks, I sold the next 20 or so battlepacks for scraps and bought 2 of the black battlepacks (900 scraps) and both of them had the same "Legendary" Mexican skin in them.

Least interesting lotto ever.

I first got the "Legendary" Mexican skin in one of my first normal battlepacks, I sold the next 20 or so battlepacks for scraps and bought 2 of the black battlepacks (900 scraps) and both of them had the same "Legendary" Mexican skin in them.

Least interesting lotto ever.

That's what gets me with this battlepack system. There is a second layer of RNG after the first. It would make sense if you could earn them like in 4 and then choose to scrap for the chance at the better packs. No, DICE wants to make the regular drop random in addition to obtaining the better packs which is another lottery/ Win the first lottery a dozen times for a chance to play the second.

In all Battlefields I've never gotten angry at not getting orders, I guess I'm just not a point fiend like some people. It doesn't bother me.

For me it isn't just the points, but the fact that squads with no objectives are usually a whole lot less organized. This is especially true on large CQ maps in which the CPs are scattered all about and not laid out in a straight line. Argonne is pretty straight-forward, for example, so sticking together without objective markers probably wouldn't be as difficult on it. Try playing on St. Quentin or even Amiens with no objective, though, and see how quickly the squad loses focus and becomes scattered because no one knows where the hell to go. It's a pretty serious issue.

CHC

Just had a single guy on a horse blow up my Landship using only his grenades.

What the fucking hell is that?

I get being armored and I get having a one hit kill sword, but the fucking superhero routine is pretty goddamn lame sometimes.

Gaz_RB

Just had a single guy on a horse blow up my Landship using only his grenades.

What the fucking hell is that?

I get being armored and I get having a one hit kill sword, but the fucking superhero routine is pretty goddamn lame sometimes.

I mean you should actually feel pretty bad about letting him kill you.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Get 5 headshots in a round...but not tracking that particular medal. Thanks Dice.

Yeah, it's all sorts of dumb and I yelled at them about this in the beta survey. Cest La Vie. :/

CHC

I mean you should actually feel pretty bad about letting him kill you.

Why? I'm in a tank, alone, coming right out of the spawn area in the middle of the desert. All I have is the machine gun that the driver controls, in a completely open space. He is able to run circles around the tank and throw grenades at his leisure.

I'm not like some pro player or anything, obviously, but it's a pretty shitty situation.

The Beard

Why? I'm in a tank, alone, coming right out of the spawn area in the middle of the desert. All I have is the machine gun that the driver controls, in a completely open space. He is able to run circles around the tank and throw grenades at his leisure.

I'm not like some pro player or anything, obviously, but it's a pretty shitty situation.

Should've switched seats to use one of the cannons. Could've taken him out with one shot.

TheRed

For me it isn't just the points, but the fact that squads with no objectives are usually a whole lot less organized. This is especially true on large CQ maps in which the CPs are scattered all about and not laid out in a straight line. Argonne is pretty straight-forward, for example, so sticking together without objective markers probably wouldn't be as difficult on it. Try playing on St. Quentin or even Amiens with no objective, though, and see how quickly the squad loses focus and becomes scattered because no one knows where the hell to go. It's a pretty serious issue.

Idk usually in my games everyone starts running towards the circles that are changing, either the ones the other team is taking from us or where we're gonna take control from. Like 90% of the time the orders get placed on those obvious points we're all heading towards anyway. Of course sometimes an order to cap or defend a flag that's not at the frontline of battle can be useful but usually if I head around myself my squad mates will eventually spawn on me and help me take the point on their backline. All anecdotal but I've never really felt the orders are too important.

I can see your point on some of the more spread out maps though.

wbEMX

Dear Dice:

WTB an automatic medic weapon because I'm bad.

Thanks ... Love, me.

Then the M1907 SL Sweeper is your gun. That thing is amazing, although I usually use the Mondragón much more.

After about 40 hours I'm pretty sure that this is one of my favorite Battlefield games ever. The only thing it needs is more maps, but they got that covered.

Zushin

The thing is, it's super fun to play scout with a iron sight rifle and do just that.
But for some reason you just don't see many people do this at all.
It was my preferred way of playing BC2 and it looks like it'll be the most fun for me again in BF1 also.
I just can't hang back and do nothing but aim and shoot. I need to be in the midst of the chaos to have fun.

I had a couple of really great clips from tonight, but for some weird reason my PS4 never recorded any of them. grr. :(

Yeah I love playing this way too. Although I normally play Battlefield games on PC but went with PS4 this time to play with mates so I'm still getting used to aiming with a controller. Which means I'm not as effective with my Gewehr as I'd like to be! <3 flares though :)

They'd definitely nail a battle of stalingrad map if they ever made another ww2 game, that's for sure.
Not sure I want DICE to do another WWII game anytime soon. We'll just got the standard super American centric 44-45 campaign (and probably Multiplayer too) again with exactly the same locations and perspectives (betting money on Easy Company/Paratroopers) we already had in 95% of all WW2 shooters in existence, with the usual good vs. evil, Americans won the war, heroes heroes hoeres yadda yadda etc. etc. shtick, with maybe one or two missions on the Soviet side thrown in (if even that).

I'd rather have them do a sequel to BF1 were we finally get to play on the side on the side of the Central Powers, France and Russia in the campaign while keeping the respectful and neutral perspective they got in this game (which is really, really refreshing). If it has to be a new setting I'd rather have DICE do a Vietnam game again, great setting that is sadly extremely underrepresented and allows for BF1 style storytelling and atmosphere (because there really weren't any good guys in that war either).

The Beard

Not sure I want DICE to do another WWII game anytime soon. We'll just got the standard super American centric 44-45 campaign (and probably Multiplayer too) again with exactly the same locations and perspectives (betting money on Easy Company/Paratroopers) we already had in 95% of all WW2 shooters in existence, with the usual good vs. evil, Americans won the war, heroes heroes hoeres yadda yadda etc. etc. shtick, with maybe one or two missions on the Soviet side thrown in (if even that).

I'd rather have them do a sequel to BF1 were we finally get to play on the side on the side of the Central Powers, France and Russia in the campaign while keeping the respectful and neutral perspective they got in this game (which is really, really refreshing). If it has to be a new setting I'd rather have DICE do a Vietnam game again, great setting that is sadly extremely underrepresented and allows for BF1 style storytelling and atmosphere (because there really weren't any good guys in that war either).

Most people don't care about BF campaigns. WWII would be a great setting for MP on current gen.

I wish there was a way to motivate people to defend. Seems mad when a big team fights at a flag for a while then as soon as they're victorious everyone fucks off.

How about giving the 3 players who've been nearest the flag for the longest double points. If one dies then the next player that goes in to the capture zone gets the boost until they die or the flag is lost.

Not sure I'm explaining it the best. I'm less annoyed about losing flags and more annoyed about arriving at uncontested flags.

Pastry

Banned
The most frustrating thing about shitty ass Fao Fortress is that it's literally impossible to win without holding E and F.

MrTexor

I'm nkot sure what I'm doing wrong but my score per minute is going down although I keep ending on the top5 pretty much every match. I have played ~50 hours and my score went from ~720 a minute to 649. In bf4 I have 995.. Is there a huge difference between the avg score/min in bf4 compared to bf1?

Zushin

Yeah but D-Day in Frostbite :(

I'm nkot sure what I'm doing wrong but my score per minute is going down although I keep ending on the top5 pretty much every match. I have played ~50 hours and my score went from ~720 a minute to 649. In bf4 I have 995.. Is there a huge difference between the avg score/min in bf4 compared to bf1?

Have you changed what kits you use primarily or anything? I had about a 600/min score to around 500 after changing to scout w/ iron sights to level it up a bit. Maybe something similar for you?

Top Bottom