• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Chabbles

Dice know how to make an amazing game, best multiplayer shooter in years. This shits in a whole other league.

HAHAHA!
bf1_by_chabbles-damoe5y.gif

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Yeah, not digging the new Conquest at all.

Please change this shit back, DICE.

Too late for that, I'm afraid. They had their chance after the beta and only implemented some half-assed measures, so I think we're stuck with what we have now.

Recall

Just started yesterday playing but on that matter - anyone know how I give commands on PS4? Always leave and rejoin a squad when I happen to be the leader so far.

R1 is your spot button when looking down your sights and when looking at points like A, B, C etc it puts a green crosshairs on the point flag and you get a objective order displayed on screen.

Spotting enemies is useful. Commanding the squad is paramount. Hold R1 and you bring up the dialogue wheel so you can ask for and tell us to do basic things.

R1

Izayoi

Banned
Too late for that, I'm afraid. They had their chance after the beta and only implemented some half-assed measures, so I think we're stuck with what we have now.
;_;

What's wrong with the new conquest? I think it's awesome. And the addition of behemoths for trailing teams is great for providing comeback opportunities.
I don't have a problem with the Behemoths. I have a problem with the way the scoring system works. Medics were much more important in previous games because they conserved precious tickets, but they're essentially irrelevant in this iteration of Conquest.

It's the first time ever in a Battlefield game that I feel like going for a pure offensive class would do more good than playing a Medic. Kinda shitty.

;_;

I don't have a problem with the Behemoths. I have a problem with the way the scoring system works. Medics were much more important in previous games because they conserved precious tickets, but they're essentially irrelevant in this iteration of Conquest.

It's the first time ever in a Battlefield game that I feel like going for a pure offensive class would do more good than playing a Medic. Kinda shitty.
You want to feel like you're important as a medic? Play Operations.

Firebrand

Do people bother with medals? Seems like a lot of work for a rather meager experience boost, considering you have to do the objectives in order. Would much prefer if it would just log medal progress for doing whatever.

Also haven't been able to complete one yet, as no progress is saved when the game crashes, as it inevitable does for me.

Ardenyal

;_;

You say that like medic isn't an offensive class with added survivability in BF1.

idwl

I've been trying to get the last thing for the medic medal. Get 5/5 kills as medic in a life. Anyway I can usually get to 4 and then I get killed . I luckily (or so I thought) got the flamer kit and killed maybe 7 or so enemies and I didn't get the achievement . Is it cause I was technically not a medic with the flamer kit?

Theorry

I've been trying to get the last thing for the medic medal. Get 5/5 kills as medic in a life. Anyway I can usually get to 4 and then I get killed . I luckily (or so I thought) got the flamer kit and killed maybe 7 or so enemies and I didn't get the achievement . Is it cause I was technically not a medic with the flamer kit?

Probably.

Lender

Do people bother with medals? Seems like a lot of work for a rather meager experience boost, considering you have to do the objectives in order. Would much prefer if it would just log medal progress for doing whatever.

Also haven't been able to complete one yet, as no progress is saved when the game crashes, as it inevitable does for me.

I really don't care about those medals.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Elite classes are their own kits

DeSo

Banned
Welp, well here's a game that has pushed me to upgrade my 8gb RAM to 16. This game is chewing through my RAM.

I do it for the medals themselves plus it's an excellent way to try every part of the gameplay.

Karu

R1 is your spot button when looking down your sights and when looking at points like A, B, C etc it puts a green crosshairs on the point flag and you get a objective order displayed on screen.

Spotting enemies is useful. Commanding the squad is paramount. Hold R1 and you bring up the dialogue wheel so you can ask for and tell us to do basic things.

R1
Yeah, googled it in the meantime and yeah, both are quite.... super super useful, holy shit.

Tried one game leading a squad and while I was at times unsure when to swap targets in Operations, it was uncanny that at the end of the match four of my squad including me made up our team's Top 4. That might have been luck of the draw and overall we mostly shit the bed as a whole team, but still... I'm gladly take part in these systems. Thought the spotting might be a Scout-exclusive ability at first, class name and all. Those things, combined with my medic class I feel much more useful and effective, a fear that might have turned me down in the past when I was contemplating buying into the franchise. Glad I took the plunge.

Izayoi

Banned
You want to feel like you're important as a medic? Play Operations.
Yeah, nah. I want Medics to be relevant in Conquest. Operations are great and all, but Conquest is my bread and butter.

I have some issues with the way Operations end and toss everyone back to the menu after. If it worked just like any other mode and started up a new match after I would have no problems with it.

You say that like medic isn't an offensive class with added survivability in BF1.
Assault is a far more effective killing machine. With 3-4 grenades, the rifle rocket, and the best firearm in the game (Rank 10 SMG) it is pretty much unstoppable.

I like the default Medic gun with optics and on full-auto, but it does not compare to the Assault in terms of stopping power.

I really don't care about those medals.
I mean do general level ups even give you anything besides free war bonds?
I have much, much bigger issues with levelling classes rather than getting bonds (though the shared pool for all weapons and new equipment is pretty annoying), I've been playing a good 2 hours of multiplayer minimum since I got the game, primarily as medic, and have only about 65% xp for Medic Lvl 0 - Lvl 1 <.< (really don't want to be limited waste bonds on iron sight only factory versions of guns without optics for the next 10 hours or more)...

Squad spawning for casual play is such a mistake IMO. Just people hiding behind rocks after jumping out of planes to let streams of teamates spawn on them is so silly. There's no push. Also people can spawn while you're killing someone with a melee attack and just kill you. It's really frustrating.

I hate clearing an enemy squad all but one, and just having them constantly trickle back in until you get lucky enough to find the guy hiding somewhere.

Kal

Silly question but how do you spot in this game? Trying to get 15 spot assists to get the Crimson Heart medal but I don't know what to do :(

This may be my favorite battlefield in terms of atmosphere and overall some of the most fun gameplay. That being said, I'm wondering if not having vast amount of guns/attachments that were possible in BF4 in BF1 will deter people from playing after awhile? I know this may be a factor for me. I sank over 250 hours into Battlefield 4 and it never felt stale because I was constantly unlocking attachments/weapon specific battlepacks with almost every gun in the game.

Completed the campaign this afternoon, and I feel like I'm the only one, but I enjoyed battlefield 4's campaign a lot more

I did too. This campaign is just the multiplayer experience with some voice over.

The narrative that is there, isn't even very good. Fictionalised representations of a World War I experience. I'm really not a fan.

"It was the war of the world and the world of the war" some of this stuff is really cringe worthy.

I finished grinding out all the campaign codex entries and collectibles.

I see the battlepack drops have changed. I kind of wanted the doughboy skin for the BAR but oh well.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It really is pretty fucking embarrassing how poor some of the anti tank play is on some teams. I was just in an encounter, defending a point, where I was a part of maybe 12 - 15 people engaged in this huge entanglement. The enemy had the advantage due the heavy tank backing their equal numbers. And I mean...the thing was on fire, and literally not moving. The driver was just sitting there in very, very clear range picking off our people. And despite the length of the encounter I was the only person making an effort to swap out to assault and lay some pressure on the tank. Nobody else gave a shit.

We lost the point for obvious reasons.

xviper

the service stars are a complete joke, 100 kills for just 1k XP ? they better change that with a patch and make it at least 5k

i didn't play Hardline so can someone tell me how much the service stars award you ?

Top Bottom