• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Xater

It really is pretty fucking embarrassing how poor some of the anti tank play is on some teams. I was just in an encounter, defending a point, where I was a part of maybe 12 - 15 people engaged in this huge entanglement. The enemy had the advantage due the heavy tank backing their equal numbers. And I mean...the thing was on fire, and literally not moving. The driver was just sitting there in very, very clear range picking off our people. And despite the length of the encounter I was the only person making an effort to swap out to assault and lay some pressure on the tank. Nobody else gave a shit.

We lost the point for obvious reasons.

There is still not enough Assault play going on. I see more Supports running around despite them kinda being an underwhelming class at this point.

Shadybiz

There's a real imbalance between 40 and 64 man Operations.

In 40 man, never lose as attackers. In 64 man, never win as attackers.

Ha, you know I've played a grand total of TWO Operations matches so far (Conquest has been my main mode for years). First was with 64. I was on the attacking side, and we were only able to take the first set of capture points. Second was 40. I was on the defending side, and we got steamrolled.

Theorry

Support definitely feels like the hardest class to level up. Ammo Crate helps a little.

Not for me. Its my second class wich has rank 10 now. MG15 and BAR are great weapons. Get a ton of kills with them. Spam ammo packs imo. Because everyone always needs some ammo and yoy can throw very far. Limpet Charge does crazy vehicle damage.

Ponchito

I've been playing the campaign. Enjoying the game so far. But oh boy the game's interface is so clunky and botched. I don't understand how a game of this magnitude can be released liked this.

Why do I always seem to be paired with the people who don't want to play the objective? I don't usually do this, but from now on I'm switching teams whenever I can. Seeing people completely ignore tanks when the enemy team shreds mine in under 5 seconds, and teammates needing to move literally a couple feet forward in order to contest an objective, but instead just laying still or hiding, resulting in us losing the game, is getting old fast.

Also, I don't think attackers should be reinforced with a behemoth if they're attacking the last base. If they're good enough to get to the last base then a behemoth pretty much guarantees their victory.

Xater

The last few games I joined squads actually playing objectives and handing out orders. I didn't even mind losing the battle like that. It was still fun.

;_;

I don't have a problem with the Behemoths. I have a problem with the way the scoring system works. Medics were much more important in previous games because they conserved precious tickets, but they're essentially irrelevant in this iteration of Conquest.

It's the first time ever in a Battlefield game that I feel like going for a pure offensive class would do more good than playing a Medic. Kinda shitty.

Im going to lose my mind.

Does reviving deny a score or not? I constantly hear it both ways

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I don't have a problem with the Behemoths. I have a problem with the way the scoring system works. Medics were much more important in previous games because they conserved precious tickets, but they're essentially irrelevant in this iteration of Conquest.

It's the first time ever in a Battlefield game that I feel like going for a pure offensive class would do more good than playing a Medic. Kinda shitty.

Wha?? Is this true? I just assumed medic revives conserved tickets ala every BF game, but never actually checked to ensure. Fucking lame if changed....

Xater

Of course it does. It even does so in TDM.

Wha?? Is this true? I just assumed medic revives conserved tickets ala every BF game, but never actually checked to ensure. Fucking lame if changed....

Conquest is no longer about tickets. It's now more just a big version of Domination. Saying that makes medics useless is still dumb though. Keeping people in the fight is important.

Why do I always seem to be paired with the people who don't want to play the objective? I don't usually do this, but from now on I'm switching teams whenever I can. Seeing people completely ignore tanks when the enemy team shreds mine in under 5 seconds, and teammates needing to move literally a couple feet forward in order to contest an objective, but instead just laying still or hiding, resulting in us losing the game, is getting old fast.

Also, I don't think attackers should be reinforced with a behemoth if they're attacking the last base. If they're good enough to get to the last base then a behemoth pretty much guarantees their victory.

Behemoths really arent too bad

Airships for example can have their turrets and engines destroyed long before they actually go down.

Same with train and ship

I am completely baffled by the rank up / equipment unlock system. How does it work? When and how do I get new guns and gear to customize loadouts? Seems like I need some currency, but after a half dozen matches or so I don't seem to have any (and I'm not even sure if I'm looking at the right menu for "buying" them).

Is there a place to customize loadouts outside of a live match? Can I save custom loadouts so I can choose them quickly from the spawn screen?

Am I the only one that's frustrated by a lot of the UI? Nothing feels very intuitive and there's very little explanation. This is like the Dark Souls of online shooters.

Xater

I am completely baffled by the rank up / equipment unlock system. How does it work? When and how do I get new guns and gear to customize loadouts? Seems like I need some currency, but after a half dozen matches or so I don't seem to have any (and I'm not even sure if I'm looking at the right menu for "buying" them).

Is there a place to customize loadouts outside of a live match? Can I save custom loadouts so I can choose them quickly from the spawn screen?

Am I the only one that's frustrated by a lot of the UI? Nothing feels very intuitive and there's very little explanation. This is like the Dark Souls of online shooters.

It's not the best UI but I had no issue navigating it. Except for the issue of it not being super responsive at times of course.

You get war bonds for ever level up. The levels of your class are separate of that and are just there to make further unlocks possible. Hit Y/Triangle on the map screen and you can customize the loadout of your current class. That is also where you can use your war bonds.

It's not the best UI but I had no issue navigating it.

You get war bonds for ever level up. The levels of your class are separate of that and are just there to make further unlocks possible. Hit Y/Triangle on the map screen and you can customize the loadout of your current class. That is also where you can use your war bonds.

It would be nice to be able to evaluate options and create loadouts outside of a live match when you feel rushed to get back in there and help your team.

You unlock class levels separately. Press triangle in spawn screen to customize per class (highlight a class or even a plane or tank first, then triangle to customize)

You get currency for leveling up your overall rank. You likely have some already

You can only customize in a match for now. Or on an app, but it may be buggy.

You can save 3 class presets per class. If you scroll your classes loadout with the shoulder buttons, you can swap your loadouts by hovering over the class icon or hovering over your loadout items like your gun, gadget, etc, to swap them out. Make sure to unlock stuff to have things to swap

Fun fact: you can also rename your loadouts by pressing X on the name ("Loadout 1")

Izayoi

Banned

Ok good. Because ive made tons of desperate revives that ended in double deaths for my team lol

PSA: REVIVING DOES NOT CONSERVE POINTS IN CONQUEST.

It works in every ticket-based mode EXCEPT Conquest (and maybe Domination - I have not checked).

Xater

It would be nice to be able to evaluate options and create loadouts outside of a live match when you feel rushed to get back in there and help your team.

For sure. That is a common complaint and I agree with that complaint. It's coming though. Not having it on launch sucks though. The only way to do that right now is using the app. That has not been great for me either though, because mostly it just reset my loadouts.

Why do people find it this hard to give out med-kits
Possibly because they're not even carrying them. DICE in their wisdom allow people to be the medic class but not actually have health kits. They can swap out health kits for rifle-launched grenades. I mean rifle-launched grenades are great, but I've found their healing properties to be greatly exaggerated.

Similarly, Supports can deploy without any ammo. Again, DICE made a conscious decision to allow that.

Xater

Possibly because they're not even carrying them. DICE in their wisdom allow people to be the medic class but not actually have health kits. They can swap out health kits for rifle-launched grenades. I mean rifle-launched grenades are great, but I've found their healing properties to be greatly exaggerated.

Similarly, Supports can deploy without any ammo. Again, DICE made a conscious decision to allow that.

I mean it could make sense to build classes that way if you plan your squad out well, but just for public games it's terrible.

Xater

I bet focus testing told them that the general public did not understand why in conquest the numbers were going down. Especially when they had to cap the flags.

Heroman

Banned
What's wrong with the new conquest? I think it's awesome. And the addition of behemoths for trailing teams is great for providing comeback opportunities.

CM-Punk-Laughing-to-Himself.gif

Lender

There is still not enough Assault play going on. I see more Supports running around despite them kinda being an underwhelming class at this point.
I love being assault and chasing after tanks and what not. Such a rush when you manage to take out one of them on your own.

People claim the behemoth doesn't help but I've been in some right fucked matches where we were winning and then that thing just completely locked down certain positions with barrages and turned the tide for the losing team. Specifically on Monte Grappa and those awful mountain bunkers. There's some good teams out there that can lock down the skies with fighters and destroy all the land anti-air.

AllenShrz

How the hell are you supposed to rank up classes? I've been playing for hours and hours but they are still level one or 2. And I'm playing property my class, healing spotting and so on.

About at the end of my rope here. I have tried every potential fix, save a factory reset of my system, with no luck. On Xbox One after playing for an hour or so I get short 1-2 second freezes every so often. Often enough to make the game nigh unplayable. This happens in campaign and multiplayer during gameplay, menus and even cutscenes. I've seen others with this issue and none of my other titles are affected so I am pretty sure I can rule out faulty hardware.

The "accepted" answer over at the EA Answers message board is to perform a hard reset. This fixed nothing. After an hour or so the problem returned. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. One suggestion was to hard reset and unplug the system so I did so and kept it unplugged over night. Again the problem returned.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

What's wrong with the new conquest? I think it's awesome. And the addition of behemoths for trailing teams is great for providing comeback opportunities.

That's one of my gripes, out of many. Conquest just isn't as good as it used to be.

It was so much better when they started at 1000 tickets, and went down. Capturing and holding flags actually mattered. There was the ability to make their tickets bleed if you held enough points. Kills, and revives actually mattered.

You didn't need the behemoth to make a comeback. If you just played better and captured more flags you could easily make a comeback that way. I've had a quite a few games that would been comebacks, or losses on the old conquest.

This conquest just feels bleh. It's a shame. That was my favorite mode for every Battlefield up until now.

CHC

I REALLY can not come to grips with the horse or plane controls. Fucking embarrassing every time I take control of one.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
How do you apply the behemoth exclusive skins of the deluxe edition in game? I don't see a option for customize the behemoth.Or is automatic and when you are the driver change the colours?

It really is pretty fucking embarrassing how poor some of the anti tank play is on some teams. I was just in an encounter, defending a point, where I was a part of maybe 12 - 15 people engaged in this huge entanglement. The enemy had the advantage due the heavy tank backing their equal numbers. And I mean...the thing was on fire, and literally not moving. The driver was just sitting there in very, very clear range picking off our people. And despite the length of the encounter I was the only person making an effort to swap out to assault and lay some pressure on the tank. Nobody else gave a shit.

We lost the point for obvious reasons.

A lot of this can be fixed (on console) with a much better command rose, and a much better voice announcer.

Squad Leaders should at least be commanding classes.

"We need Assault" for example. Or ordering a bounty on a vehicle. With the announcer saying "There's a bounty on that tank!"

Instead, all we can do is point at an objective for FREE XP!!

DaciaJC

Gold Member
That's one of my gripes, out of many. Conquest just isn't as good as it used to be.

It was so much better when they started at 1000 tickets, and went down. Capturing and holding flags actually mattered. There was the ability to make their tickets bleed if you held enough points. Kills, and revives actually mattered.

You didn't need the behemoth to make a comeback. If you just played better and captured more flags you could easily make a comeback that way. I've had a quite a few games that would been comebacks, or losses on the old conquest.

This conquest just feels bleh. It's a shame. That was my favorite mode for every Battlefield up until now.

It really is a damned shame. I would say CQ is still my favorite mode, but it feels very much neutered in this iteration.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm very confused. I opened something out of one of those cases and I cannot find the weapon. It was a legendary of some sort.

In general I don't understand the unlock and equipment system.

Tovarisc

It really is a damned shame. I would say CQ is still my favorite mode, but it feels very much neutered in this iteration.

Caps directly affects rate of tickets like under old system. Kill farming directly affects rate of tickets like under old system. Tickets go from 0 to 1000 instead of old model where they went from 1000 to 0.

What is problem here again?

Edit: Personally didn't miss these BF4 era CQ games where one can rolfstomp 100 - 0 another through holding ~50% of caps and then just KDR farm opponents to defeat.

Caps directly affects rate of tickets like under old system. Kill farming directly affects rate of tickets like under old system. Tickets go from 0 to 1000 instead of old model where they went from 1000 to 0.

What is problem here again?

No ticket bleed.

No ticket bleed means no great comebacks where you can starve enemy tickets, stall yours, and generally play a game of tug of war. That was the natural way to mount comebacks: getting your shit together as a team and holding on to more flags long enough to drain the enemy

No revives counting for denying enemy points means that Medic class's role is seriously much less important in CQ. For better or worse I dont know.

Caim

I'm very confused. I opened something out of one of those cases and I cannot find the weapon. It was a legendary of some sort.

Battlepacks give you skins, and sometimes it may be for a weapon you don't have yet.

You can change your weapon skin the same way you customize your loadout in-game.

The items in the crates are just weapon skins. So you'll have to buy the weapon first using warbonds (also assuming you have the right class level to buy the weapon) and then apply the skin.

Alpende

PSA: REVIVING DOES NOT CONSERVE POINTS IN CONQUEST.

It works in every ticket-based mode EXCEPT Conquest (and maybe Domination - I have not checked).

What the hell? Why in the world would they change this. I keep reviving people thinking it actually helps our team conserve tickets. Now I kinda get why people choose to skip revives. Hopefully DICE reverts that shit back.

WillyFive

I wish Campaign actually played like the actual Battlefield gameplay from the multiplayer. It feels like an entirely different game, even the controls for everything are different.

That said, it's a big improvement from BF4 and BF3 (looked up some clips to remind me of them, forgot how atrocious they were), but I wish it would have been single player Operations instead of the Hardline campaign reskin.

Top Bottom