• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Hearing that revives dont refund tickets completely sours me on conquest. I cant play it anymore. It was enough that ticket bleed was dead, but this just sucks

And I cant olay operations knowing its lopsided for defenders.

Really disappointing that so many people took the Conquest changes lying down. I feel like our voice is scattered about it

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Really disappointing that so many people took the Conquest changes lying down. I feel like our voice is scattered about it

People didn't. It's just that DICE is gonna DICE. And really, I don't notice anything they "changed" in that mode.

This is dumb. The medals are dumb. The progression system is dumb.

Such a shame that a good game has a few small instances of bad game design, and that this annoys the over-all experience as much as it does.

Yea, but I'm glad they made sure the gameplay itself was locked up. Those other things can be tweaked before the population starts to suffer for it. If the focus was the other way around there'd be trouble.

Firebrand

What's the deal with torpedos? Do I have to drop it super close to the dreadnought or something, because every time I drop one it does nothing.

Nope, if you're using the boats you can sit really far away and drop them. You'll get the usual XP popup if you hit, but try to go for the sections that aren't on fire for more damage.

tommyguns

No, probably just people getting used to the flow of the game and those that haven't have moved on already.

True true. I was mostly playing with friends or others here from neogaf, and the last few days I've been attempting to play with randoms. That isn't helping much either

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I just had an incredible game of Operations on Blitz. Got 98 kills and around 16 deaths. Went 53-0 with the tank for the first couple bases, circling around B in the main square while the enemy team tried their best to take me down (auto-repair is so useful, saved my ass many times), then piloted the zeppelin for the first time and got tons of kills and caps, then there was a final battle at the last base...we lost, but it was so epic that I didn't even mind.

I was streaming the whole thing, an hour and a half of footage...yet when I view it back on YT it's only saved 38 minutes? Wtf?!

Whales

Banned
*sees dead ally as a medic*

*rushes to revive him, clicks left on the dpad to have my needle come out*

*gas mask comes on*

jesus christ, has this been happening to anyone else? it's insanely annoying. I'm not even pressing up on the dpad, I don't know why the mask comes up like 50% of the time

I'm assuming another bad design they didn't think about was how awful it is to hold a button after death to change my class or am I doing something wrong here?

You can but you have to be quick

Thanks for letting me know, I'll try to catch it next time since lately I've said screw it and turned off the application on my PS4 and then loaded the game up again.

The Beard

Hearing that revives dont refund tickets completely sours me on conquest. I cant play it anymore. It was enough that ticket bleed was dead, but this just sucks

And I cant olay operations knowing its lopsided for defenders.

Since 75% of the people who play BF barely play the objectives, issue/follow Squad Orders, drop ammo/health, it's not really surprising that they're not upset that Conquest has been butchered.

*sees dead ally as a medic*

*rushes to revive him, clicks left on the dpad to have my needle come out*

*gas mask comes on*

jesus christ, has this been happening to anyone else? it's insanely annoying. I'm not even pressing up on the dpad, I don't know why the mask comes up like 50% of the time

I reported the same thing on here a few days ago and someone said my D-pad must be broken. It happens to me on 2 of my DS4s, and it happens pretty often, especially when going for the revive needle.

If you're talking about the gasser then don't. It's horrendously inaccurate at range and abysmally slow at close range. I can make just about any gun work for me, but that was a lost cause. I used the P08 on assault until I got the lvl 10 revolver, on medic I use the c96.

Don't you have to be a hundred tickets down to get a behemoth or w/e it's called? That's a bit more over "barely".
Gasser slow at close range? Try hip firing it, it's automatic fire when hip fired. Has really good long range (for a sidearm) stopping power too if you pace your shots. I love that thing.

Tecnniqe

Banned
yD6zt8z.png

kriskrosbbk

Guys when I try to quit to the game main menu after a match I am stuck on the black loading screen for good 5 minutes (PS4).Anyone else?

When's DICE going to address some of the minor annoyances that we're having with the UI and customization options?
What are the UI issues most people seem to be having? I think it's very solid overall on PC, but I do hate not being able to customize outside matches and how you can't leave servers if a map is loading. No excuse for those two things IMO.

Izayoi

Banned
I'm not sure that I like the Hunter over the Rank 10 SMG, to be honest. Been caught with my pants down at medium range several times now.

Toa TAK

Banned
So I just put up my sensitivity from the default up to 50% and it's a night and day difference. Is there a recommendation here on GAF for it?

Also, are the weather effects server based? Or are they still as they were in the BETA, just happening to an individual at a time?

Yeah it happen to me randomly.

Also

For those still looking for support weapons. The telescopic BAR may be one of the best guns in the game. It dominates up close and mid-range, has a fast reload, and if you get the bipod down, it's a laser beam. I am constantly counter sniping with it.

Wtf is with the rubber-banding while flying planes? It doesn't happen on foot, but the moment I pilot a vehicle I'm skipping all over the place. Makes it incredibly annoying when I'm trying to line up the main gun.

GravyButt

Mortars (although im pretty good with them) feel pretty useless half the time especially since noone spots and the mini map on the mortar doesn't load half the time.

Sometimes you'll drop it directly on an enemy and instead of leaving a crater you'll do 60 damage. Wtf

Tyl3n0L85

Neo Member
I'll ask this question here and maybe someone will feel the same way as I do. This is a minor complaint thats been bothering my OCD since the beginning.

But does anyone feel the menu font isn't scaled properly? I'm playing at 1080p on my 27inches monitor and the menu/font really feel huge, upscaled and not sharp at all. I feel it's 720p or I feel it's using Windows internal scaling to 150%

Mikey Jr.

Jesus, why is Operations so fucking LOOOONG

I will never play the second map of each operation. By the time one is done, I'm spent.

Also, is it really fair to give the attackers a zepplin on the final sector? I mean, come on now.

Also, just mix and match the operations maps. It was fun in the beginning, but now its just annoying. And stop putting me on the fucking defending team 99% of the time. What the hell.

The Goat

After playing a ton more games, I've reaffirmed my belief that this game is my least favorite BF.

Spotting is horrible. Would like better icons for what it is I spot too. I'm not sure about the bullet drop in this game either. Something feels off, especially on sniper rifles. I've had shots that rise above my sights. Have a head shot lined up, but nope, shot goes a foot over their head :/

Game feels a lot more twitchy to me now. I went back to BF4, and man, it feels so much better, especially weapon feel.

Top Bottom