• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

CHC

The Selbstlader Marksman with a 2.0x scope is... perfect. Loving this weapon. Enough speed and range to counter scouts, enough speed and violence to stand a chance against assault.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Wow the medic rank 10 gun is....not good? What's with the pathetic 5 round clip? I'll stick with the Sebstlader thingy

Only worthwhile is the Assault and Scout. Outside that Medic and Support get their best at level 2-3.

Even then I think the shotgun is better than the Assault Heavy SMG.

Tovarisc

Yeah, they need to be nerfed.

They really don't need to be.

Last thing we need is toothless AA on top of toothless AT options. Bombers can tank Flak fire for days and if fighter plane doesn't suicide dive into Flak cannon it can usually escape. Even then you can strafe Flak placement and easily kill unprotected gunner.

Acinixys

Wow the medic rank 10 gun is....not good? What's with the pathetic 5 round clip? I'll stick with the Sebstlader thingy

I expect massive balances incoming

The Hellriegel is extremely OP and will 100% be getting a nerf. Ive been playing against people with over 3000 kills with that broken POS.

The Martini is fine as it is

But the medic and support lvl 10 weapons are going to get buffed somehow. I hope

It's just as good as the mondragon... as long as you never have to fight more than one person.

It is really weird though, because outside of a super minuscule accuracy advantage it's exactly the same but with half the mag.

They have made sniping utterly trivial.
What do you mean? It's too easy or not worth doing?

Odrion

Banned
this is probably the worst FPS progression system i've played in a non F2P game

not only does it feel like it does keep more powerful items locked away for the player to grind for, but the speed at which you unlock them is frustratingly slow

I know that there's no microtransaction store, but it's no doubt coming and this progression system feels like it was designed to increase demand for payable shortcuts.

CHC

oh my god when these dumbass horses decide to get stuck on a shrub and then you get absolutely ruined by everyone who you normally would have been slicing to ribbons

fuck me

abuC

Last set of conquer hell and the armored train driver parked it at A, died and they had a choke point to stop us because of the destroyed train.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
oh my god when these dumbass horses decide to get stuck on a shrub and then you get absolutely ruined by everyone who you normally would have been slicing to ribbons

fuck me

agreed love when it rears up for no reason as well then trots at 1 mph while you get shot in the face i feel the horse and motorcycle need a full movement overhaul

Woo-Fu

Banned

not only does it feel like it does keep more powerful items locked away for the player to grind for, but the speed at which you unlock them is frustratingly slow

I know that there's no microtransaction store, but it's no doubt coming and this progression system feels like it was designed to increase demand for payable shortcuts.

What are you talking about? I had every gun I wanted the first day playing medic and assault. Was I rank 10 in either of them? No. Did that matter in any way with regards to my performance in class? No.

I think it is the best unlock system in a BF game since well, since BF had unlock systems. No grinding attachments you're never going to use, for starters. No grinding in vehicles where you're totally useless until you have certain unlocks(although fighters might be like that?).

Just play the objective and kill people when the opportunity presents itself, stop feeling you need weapon x.

Now if you're talking about the battlepack skins, then yeah, I would agree. That is borderline ridiculous and yeah, they will definitely be selling them just like they have in previous BF games.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

What? Only like 2 guns for each class are locked behind level 10, a main and a sidearm. The rest are all unlocked by level 2 of each class.

CHC

agreed love when it rears up for no reason as well then trots at 1 mph while you get shot in the face i feel the horse and motorcycle need a full movement overhaul

Horse is great in big open maps but man oh man show it a set of stairs or a fucking crate on the ground and you're signing your own death warrant.

My performance in the game has really started clicking lately. The best way to play is to constantly change classes depending on how the game is going and how the enemy is playing. I was doing what I usually do and stick to the same class or two at most but I've been switching around a lot more lately and I'm straight killing it.

Go damn the randoms in this.

Most games I average 15-20k in CQ, mostly by capturing the flags.

But I guess it's too much to ask the rest to defend even one from the enemy.

Bleh

Bleh

90% of the time I'm the best flag defender (+ my squad) precisely because everyone wants to run around capping flags but no one wants to defend them. Sometimes entire teams just keep moving towards the same flag and no one stays back even when it's clear that the enemy is starting to push the flag we just capped. Cap the flags, sure, but don't forget to defend, especially when the team has flag advantage.

Bleh

The other day I had a squad going with some friends and I ran into the same problem. As soon as we captured an objective, killed all the enemies around, and left to go cap another we'd lose that objective. And this went on for the whole match, the most we had was two flags capped simultaneously and that is because we split up at some point. I wonder what is everyone else was even doing.

90% of the time I'm the best flag defender (+ my squad) precisely because everyone wants to run around capping flags but no one wants to defend them. Sometimes entire teams just keep moving towards the same flag and no one stays back even when it's clear that the enemy is starting to push the flag we just capped. Cap the flags, sure, but don't forget to defend, especially when the team has flag advantage.

Problem in my case is that they didn't even want to capture flags either.

I mean If they did, we could have seen on the mini map where they were and defended where they were not.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
They really don't need to be.

Last thing we need is toothless AA on top of toothless AT options. Bombers can tank Flak fire for days and if fighter plane doesn't suicide dive into Flak cannon it can usually escape. Even then you can strafe Flak placement and easily kill unprotected gunner.

Yeah, AA doesn't need to be nerfed at all. If you're getting torn up by AA that's the fucking point. Stay away from those capture points and reassess your air strategy. If you can't get a good run anywhere due to AA domination then stiff shit; that's the whole objective of teamwork and capturing points.

The worst thing that could happen to Battlefield 1 would be homogenising the damage variables so nothing hits hard under the guise of "nerf".

abuC

What the hell? I just got killed two times without anything or anyone around me, and it just says "Killed in action" and nobody got the kill. I wasn't low on health and I didn't fall.

I tend to spawn at a flag if I see it being taken.

This game still feels like a beta at some points. I just joined a game, spawned, but the spawn overlay was still on my screen. I couldn't move or select a new spawn point, so I ended up quitting the game.

WillyFive

What the hell? I just got killed two times without anything or anyone around me, and it just says "Killed in action" and nobody got the kill. I wasn't low on health and I didn't fall.

Happens all the time for me.

The server can't tell why it decided to kill me, so it just says nothing.

Killed in action could indicate a lot of things. Killed by your own gas grenades, killed by a random piece of debris that's falling when a building collapses, or if a piece of the behemoth or plane lands on you.

Odrion

Banned
What? Only like 2 guns for each class are locked behind level 10, a main and a sidearm. The rest are all unlocked by level 2 of each class.

no, there are guns locked away at rank 3

like the model 10 with the hunter attachment, which seems like the go to choice for a lot of high ranking assault players

Afro

Bleh

Sometimes I'll just be running around capping flags w/ zero kills/deaths and still be in the top 5.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
no, there are guns locked away at rank 3

like the model 10 with the hunter attachment, which seems like the go to choice for a lot of high ranking assault players

Ok, so level 3. Not sure why you think a pay to unlock scheme is necessary here when it is just 3 levels in for a gun unlock.

Finally I got my copy. Man, I was anxious to play more maps after the beta. Having a great time so far. I've been playing the campaign slowly to enjoy it and it is really a step forward from previous efforts from Dice.

The game has a Battlefield 1942 vibe to it that makes me all nostalgic...

Odrion

Banned
Ok, so level 3. Not sure why you think a pay to unlock scheme is necessary here when it is just 3 levels in for a gun unlock.
because each rank takes fucking eons, I'm 22 hours in and the highest rank I have is 2 with the assault.

and then I also have to grind for the war bonds to buy them!

Acinixys

Just finished the scout medal after 3 days of trying

Getting 5 kills with your rifle in one life is extremely hard. I was even playing aggressively, but im so use to using my pistol in CQB it ruins my chances

Top Bottom