• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Just finished the scout medal after 3 days of trying

Getting 5 kills with your rifle in one life is extremely hard. I was even playing aggressively, but im so use to using my pistol in CQB it ruins my chances

Is that the one with getting vehicles kills with a K-bullet?

It's some massive bullshit that the Dreadnought can immediately capture point C on Empire's Edge. We didn't even have time to retreat before it was taken.

The Dreadnought is probably the worst behemoth. It's almost impossible to take out once the cliffside cannons have been destroyed.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It's some massive bullshit that the Dreadnought can immediately capture point C on Empire's Edge. We didn't even have time to retreat before it was taken.

The Dreadnought is probably the worst behemoth. It's almost impossible to take out once the cliffside cannons have been destroyed.

Yeah, I think any map with dreadnought also needs small boats to counter.

...and I don't know about servers being down, I just got done playing a couple rounds of conquest. (PC/US)

Hmmm...the thing with the dreadnaught though is its only good for capturing C, it only mildly helps withe other points..

Hmmm...the thing with the dreadnaught though is its only good for capturing C, it only mildly helps withe other points..

I don't know. I just feel that is doesn't have a good counter. You can't bomb it because the AA will tear you apart. Meanwhile it rains hell down on the other capture points. It's just not fun on Empire's Edge if your the defending team and the enemy gets a Dreadnought.

Does this game not award you for being the MVP? :/

In BF3 you got MVP ribbons. I don't know, I get MVP a lot and I kinda liked being able to pride myself with it on my dog tag, but here it seems like not a single flying fuck is given to the MVP.

Boy do I suck, lol. It's fun though! I just get melted by the faster weapon's and my reaction times are just so poor. Watching xfactor, matimio, and stodeh out in work just amazes me.

How's everybody doing so far? I bought it when it came out but never got around to it until yesterday (busy also prepping my FO4 character for when mods come out on PS4). How does the battlepack rewards work despite having good performance in a game? Are they randomly given out?

elco

So far, I'm not finding the behemoths fun at all. Dice really needs to create some helper menus or something to teach new players how squad commands, health and ammo packs work. I played about 4 hours this afternoon, only once did I find a squad leader trying to give commands. With 40+ people scattered all over the map, coordination is key to keeping your sanity... and winning.

That said, most immersive FPS game I've ever played. Visually and audibily stunning.

Boy do I suck, lol. It's fun though! I just get melted by the faster weapon's and my reaction times are just so poor. Watching xfactor, matimio, and stodeh out in work just amazes me.

How's everybody doing so far? I bought it when it came out but never got around to it until yesterday (busy also prepping my FO4 character for when mods come out on PS4). How does the battlepack rewards work despite having good performance in a game? Are they randomly given out?

Battlepacks should be RNG drops at the end of matches to encourage players to finish out the match.

Odrion

Banned
God damn there's like a shitload of different pistols each class can unlock. That's funny considering the relatively low amount of primary weapons each class has.

kriskrosbbk

Guys ,am I the only having end round issues on PS4.Most of the time I just see the loading circle and nothing happens.I cannot see the scoreboard,etc..

Tecnniqe

Banned
Battlepacks should be RNG drops at the end of matches to encourage players to finish out the match.

But at the same time literally having 2x the point of 2nd place and 11 out of 15 bombs planted and destroyed should be rewarded with a pack and not someone who just joined and died 5 times.

IMO MVP rewards should be put back in. It was a nice incentive to push the board.

hmm, let me just try the PC version instead maybe the servers are worki-

Hq0T9pS.png

Oh.

But at the same time literally having 2x the point of 2nd place and 11 out of 15 bombs planted and destroyed should be rewarded with a pack and not someone who just joined and died 5 times.

IMO MVP rewards should be put back in. It was a nice incentive to push the board.

True dat.

Boats are literally worthless in the game. Kinda sucks.

Enemy team drove their boat onto the shore and I killed them all, then commandeered the machine gun on their boat and killed a few more at a distance my petty SMG would never have managed.

-----

Still using the first SMG for Assault. What are other good guns to try out?

Chanser

Enemy team drove their boat onto the shore and I killed them all, then commandeered the machine gun on their boat and killed a few more at a distance my petty SMG would never have managed.

-----

Still using the first SMG for Assault. What are other good guns to try out?

Automatico.

Since the servers are down, figured now would be a good time to ask some questions. This is the first Battlefield I've played since Vietnam, so there are a bunch of things I'm curious about:

1. How do you apply weapon skins that you unlock through battlepacks?

2. How exactly does the flare gun work? Does it illuminate enemies where it lands, or under its trail as it falls through the sky? Also, does it make them appear on the minimap or put a red icon over the character models' heads?

3. What is the best sniper rifle to purchase/unlock (for class sniping... laying down in the grass hundreds of feet away)?

4. Is it possible to repair tanks/vehicles as support while you're inside them, or do you have to step out?

5. Is there any visual indication of a cooldown timer as a Medic for throwing medpacks? I can't seem to figure out when I can or can't throw them.

6. What is the best gun for Assault class, assuming I don't want a shotgun and want to be able to kill from close - medium range?

7. Is there any way to see who won a battlepack and then quit out to the menu, or do you have to let the game load the next map first?

8. Can your teammates accidentally set off the Scout's tripwire by walking through it?

9. Are there any weapons that Support can use to attack enemy vehicles? Assault has anti-tank grenades and mines... Support have anything?

Thanks!

Top Bottom