• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

At first I was in total agreement but I have really gotten good with the M1918 and now its my main assault gun (until I unlock the Hellriegel). It shoots fast but if you can keep the sights on the enemy you will win a firefight against the other assault weapons.

Once you get used to the recoil of the Automatico, it just flat out dominates at close to medium range. The Hellriegel is a faster firing, more stable (when not moving) MP18. But up close I think the Automatico will still win out a lot of firefights.

...don't fucking tell me there's no way to even play the campaign if I wasn't already connected to Origin before it went down.

video games were a mistake

Zousi

Feel like an idiot for asking this, but where do I buy upgrades for vehicles and change their equipment, e.g. the flamethrowers for the Heavy Tank? Only know how to select Light Tank/Land Ship/Heavy tank etc. Want to get those flamers ASAP, the MGs feel rather weak compared the flamers especially when it comes to the Heavy Tanks primary objective pushing duty (Landship being the far better long range fire support tank IMO).

When you reserve a vehicle there is a customize tab at the bottom left. There you can buy stuff and add skins.

EA's servers are just shit right now.

Does anybody have a ballpark on time lost due to EA server outages in the last month?

It's got to be at least a 3-4 days cumulatively if not more. That's insane.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I just had like the worst gameplay session yesterday where I kept dying and respawning constantly. I'm pretty sure my k/d is kinda fucked. So irritating.

Also I can't log in right now for some reason.

terrible

Banned
You can change it in settings. I forget what it's called.

You're probably thinking of uniform soldier aiming but it doesn't affect what I'm talking about. There's a really bad acceleration curve in BF1 that didn't exist in BF4 and the max turn speed is a lot slower too. There's a big thread on this on their official forums. It's super noticeable when you hip fire and thanks to gas you're pretty much hip firing 24/7 in this game so it's not good!

Bishop89

Are the servers dead for ps4? Can't connect online, though I am uploading a tonne of stuff to youtube so maybe that's affecting it?

M.W.

You're probably thinking of uniform soldier aiming but it doesn't affect what I'm talking about. There's a really bad acceleration curve in BF1 that didn't exist in BF4 and the max turn speed is a lot slower too. There's a big thread on this on their official forums. It's super noticeable when you hip fire and thanks to gas you're pretty much hip firing 24/7 in this game so it's not good!

I see. Didn't Bf4 start off with the same aiming then they completely overhauled it?

Nizz

Why did DICE mess with aim acceleration for this game. I hope they go back to how BF4 felt with a controller.
I agree. While the game is still very playable I noticed the difference in aiming from BF4 to BF1 right away. Perfect example are my sensitivity settings on PS4. In BF4 my sens was at 60 and zoom sensitivity was at 75. But in BF1 both general sens and zoom sens are at 95.

Definitely a change from BF4, I hope they tweak the controls.

Once you get used to the recoil of the Automatico, it just flat out dominates at close to medium range. The Hellriegel is a faster firing, more stable (when not moving) MP18. But up close I think the Automatico will still win out a lot of firefights.
Yea I can hipfire and drop ppl at even medium range with the automatico with ease. I think its better then the hellriegel because you never have to ads and with its high rate of fire it drops ppl fast. When I face close encounters I just strafe and hipfire and win allot of gun fights up close.

When you reserve a vehicle there is a customize tab at the bottom left. There you can buy stuff and add skins.
Really? Love the game but the menu UI is really shit, I wonder how many people are just using standard versions of every vehicle because they never figured the customization out.

Still utterly buffled that we can't modify everything from the main menu, codex entries (which are great) aside the whole soldier tab in the main menu feels utterly pointless and useless.

Surfinn

I agree. While the game is still very playable I noticed the difference in aiming from BF4 to BF1 right away. Perfect example are my sensitivity settings on PS4. In BF4 my sens was at 60 and zoom sensitivity was at 75. But in BF1 both general sens and zoom sens are at 95.

Definitely a change from BF4, I hope they tweak the controls.

I noticed this too. Any way to get this to feel more like BF4 in terms of aiming? Feels wayy too smooth and I can't fine tune my aim as well.

Top Bottom