• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Tovarisc

next time use google ::p

but what reward did you expect?

there isnt much they could give you. A skin maybe or a dog tag but other than that?

Maybe 3 battlepacks if you completed all weekly medals / challenges. That could be quite decent carrot to chase for more dedicated BF players.

Karu

One medal tells me to spot troops, what do they mean? After playing awhile I have 2/10, while not knowing what I actually did?

i don't know, i have no motivation to keep unlocking medals now.

same. The 5 k reward is not that much. You get more if you just play the game instead of chasing the medal requirements. So after i did the medic medal i didnt try any other medal since. It`s a waste of time. It`s not helping anybody in the game if i try to get 5 kills with whatever to get to the next medal stage and die 100 deaths in the meantime.

Xater

But it says specifically squad-spotting, individual spotting doesn't count. Do I have to spot all players of a specific squad? Seems silly.

Just Squad Spotting or Squad Spotting Assists? Assists would mean you spot someone and then someone from your squad has to kill them.

Xater

If it works like that then it means literally Satan has designed these medal requirements.

There totally is a medal like that. I had it last week and was just like "fuck that!"

General spotting assists are fine but that medal wanted spotting and then suppression assists from your squad. After that you still had to do like 4 squad avenger kills.

specifically Squad-spotting. "Trupp Sichtungen" in german... i

Looking at all the medal I am prtty sure the translation is just wrong. Can you give me the medal name?

Edit: Just did some googling and I was right. You need to spot and then someone from your squad has to do the kill. Have fun with that!

Tecnniqe

Banned
If it works like that then it means literally Satan has designed these medal requirements.

Spot Assist = Spot and anyone on your team NOT in your squad have to kill them

Squad Spot Assist = Spot and anyone in your squad have to kill them NOT the rest of your team.

Same for;
Squad Suppression Assist
Suppression Assist

and so on.

elmo-hail-satan.gif

Karu

Looking at all the medal I am prtty sure the translation is just wrong. Can you give me the medal name?
It 's the Wolfsmedialle, which directly translates to Wolf medal I guess in englisch.

It's the first part of the task, squad revival and squad spawn follow. I'm always in a squad while playing.

Edit: Goddamnit, lol :-/ :D Thanks for your help anyways!

Xater

It 's the Wolfsmedialle, which directly translates to Wolf medal I guess in englisch.

It's the first part of the task, squad revival and squad spawn follow. I'm always in a squad while playing.

See my edit. I am pretty sure the wording int he English loading screen was different. Always being in a Squad won't help when the squad sucks. ;)

The menus got me killed last night.

I bought a new handgun but never received it, when I tried again to buy it it said "purchase in process" so I just carried on playing. Ten minutes later I'm in a crazy firefight, defending a point when all of a sudden a big pop up on my screen appears telling me i just purchased the handgun and before I can close that window I got a shotgun to the face.

Tovarisc

Know that transition animation from overhead map into soldier when you spawn? Cool effect, kinda. Why that same animation also has to happen every time you have been revived AND why direction where you are looking at is random instead of direction of camera during "killcam"?

You can get killed, again, before that animation transition even is over and because direction you will be looking at is 100% random it's fucking disorienting experience to get revived.

Xater

Know that transition animation from overhead map into soldier when you spawn? Cool effect, kinda. Why that same animation also has to happen every time you have been revived AND why direction where you are looking at is random instead of direction of camera during "killcam"?

You can get killed, again, before that animation transition even is over and because direction you will be looking at is 100% random it's fucking disorienting experience to get revived.

Doesn't it make you look the direction the medic is in? Does not seem random to me. I would prefer to look either into the direction of the kill came or whatever direction I looked in when I died.

Tovarisc

Doesn't it make you look the direction the medic is in? Does not seem random to me. I would prefer to look either into the direction of the kill came or whatever direction I looked in when I died.

In my experience it's RNG direction or then medics that revive me are on drugs so they can't stop moving for a second. I would want direction to be in which camera is pointing as I'm dead. Also remove that unnecessary transition animation or at least give iframes for duration of it.

Saw a 100 star light tank on amien, like wow

10,000 tank kills in 1 week

3glAWpA.jpg

To think EA were paying youtubers to say you needed to play objectives to get points.

Sande

Also remove that unnecessary transition animation or at least give iframes for duration of it.
No way. I think BF3 or some other game in the series did something like this and the medic trains were disgusting.

You get revived in a bad spot, you die again immediately. End of story. That doesn't even affect you negatively so no harm no foul.

If the revived players were to be in immediate fighting condition, the syringe would have to be nerfed heavily.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Fuck this. Every single game tonight has been horseshit landslide victory for the opposition. Team of fucking idiots.

Tovarisc

No way. I think BF3 or some other game in the series did something like this and the medic trains were disgusting.

You get revived in a bad spot, you die again immediately. End of story. That doesn't even affect you negatively so no harm no foul.

If the revived players were to be in immediate fighting condition, the syringe would have to be nerfed heavily.

You get penalty for dying instantly after being revived, time gets added to respawn timer. For e.g. you can hit 0 on respawn timer moment you get revived, die instantly without being able to react at all and now you have 5 seconds waiting to do. Pure bullshit to penalize player for not being able to defend himself during some fancy and 100% unnecessary transition animation. BF 3 and 4 did it right, moment you were revived full control of character was given to you.

Transition animation lasts good 2-3 seconds when you get revived and during that time;
A) You can be damaged and killed
B) You have ZERO control over character
C) You die and you get time added

All those issues would go away if they just removed that BS transition or just iframed shit out of it, you can't control character anyways.

--------

More I play Argonne Forest more I hate it. It's forest map in name only when in reality it's three extremely narrow pathways. That can be easily held forever by blanket fire from small arms and mortars. Garbage design, but at least it's green. I guess.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I realised this game is very hard to play without team, I have very little fun playing by my self.

I suppose it balances out, given yesterday's matches were really balanced all across both teams. But yeah. Tonight across three servers I'm stuck on a team amassed with fucking idiots that refuse to spot and address air and tanks. No squad leaders issuing commands. Ignoring lost capture points right outside our main spawn. Just utter incompetency across the board.

EDIT: And of course the chatlog is bloated with my team whining that the game is imbalanced. We're losing because you fucking suck.
EDIT 2: Three light tanks sitting on a capture point. I am the only person trying to address them. Holy fuck.
EDIT 3: Sniper in the chatlog complaining bombers are broken. Die.

Hjod

Banned
Fuck this. Every single game tonight has been horseshit landslide victory for the opposition. Team of fucking idiots.

I feel your pain, I played with some friends and we were doing real good, but we got stomped because our team were constantly fighting over the middle flags, the rest were just sniping from some corner of the map.

It's hard when you're three people in a squad trying to defend the whole map while the rest of your team fights at the bottlenecks, I don't know what it is with people and bottlenecks. Nobody flanks, just rush straight foward.

On a more positive note, I found my favorite weapon for the Scout, the Gewehr M.95 Infantry. It feels like playing Day of Defeat again, even though I suck at playing with it haha. I got the Edelwise skin for it, that's why I tried it out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah , it was pretty hard to get the five medals, i was expecting something else at the end.

You got...

wait for it...

...The medals. There is absolutely no reward for getting all five, DICE never stated that and you jumped to conclusions because it's "OH SO HARD" (spoiler: It really isn't just a pain with their weekly time limit) to get all of them and expected something for doing that when there is no medal/whatever (you can check this in-game in the stats page) for doing that.

Congrats on getting all the tracked medals, though?

BF3 didn't have i-Frames, IIRC. You could revive but you'd revive instantly to 100. They changed it to a charge system (that a lot of people didn't understand and some of us didn't like because of the 20HP revives) in BF4 to where on revive you'd instantly die trying to get up due to being at 20HP.

BC2 had i-Frames IIRC but you'd be shot instantly on moving that broke the i-Frames and get ANOTHER death counted to your KDR for it.

Sande

You get penalty for dying instantly after being revived, time gets added to respawn timer. For e.g. you can hit 0 on respawn timer moment you get revived, die instantly without being able to react at all and now you have 5 seconds waiting to do. Pure bullshit to penalize player for not being able to defend himself during some fancy and 100% unnecessary transition animation. BF 3 and 4 did it right, moment you were revived full control of character was given to you.

Transition animation lasts good 2-3 seconds when you get revived and during that time;
A) You can be damaged and killed
B) You have ZERO control over character
C) You die and you get time added

All those issues would go away if they just removed that BS transition or just iframed shit out of it, you can't control character anyways.
The animation is not unnecessary. It's for balance. The needle works immediately and can be used about twice per second. A squad of medics could not be killed if they were able to start firing immediately after being revived or had i-frames during revival.

I haven't paid attention to how the respawn timer is affected, but it's always just a few seconds anyway. I've never felt like I was robbed of play time when someone tried to keep me in the fight.

SHEF

Just had the server disconnect at the end of a game and now I've lost my rank, stats and unlocks. All back to 0. That is in game and on the website. Great.

The medals. There is absolutely no reward for getting all five, DICE never stated that and you jumped to conclusions because it's "OH SO HARD" (spoiler: It really isn't just a pain with their weekly time limit) to get all of them
I got a medal that required you to get five revolver kills in a single life. Not hard? Are you kidding me?

NHale

So do we have confirmation that reviving in Conquest doesn't matter for ticket "bleed"? If this is true this should have been something mentioned in the reviews, surely....

Because this makes the medic an almost useless class to play in Conquest in a Battlefield game, a game supposedly about classes and team play. I refuse to believe DICE would have done something stupid like this and this is just some rumor that grew without actual proof.

While I don't have a strong opinion about behemots and don't feel they are overpowered to a point where you can't counter them with ease, Battlefield didn't need them either. This seems like someone they enjoyed with Walker Assault in Battlefront and wanted to add to Battlefield. They should keep them at Operations as reinforcements between each stage but not in Conquest. If you are getting steamrolled, tough luck.

Also they need to change squads. Force the squad leader to give orders. You already fill the HUD with stupid useless stuff, issue a warning to the squad leader that if he doesn't have an active order for more than 45 seconds, then he starts getting points deducted. This would solve the issue entirely, as soon as squad leaders started seeing a ticker without points subtracted...dumb fools.

Redders

Just had the server disconnect at the end of a game and now I've lost my rank, stats and unlocks. All back to 0. That is in game and on the website. Great.

Mine reconnected the first time and the app had all my details the whole time. Just happened again and the game and app have been reset now, best not be permanent.

Ravek

Banned

Yup. Same here. My stats say I have over 2000kills and 75hr of playtime ,which there is no way when I've only played two hours a night since launch....and I'm level 0.

Redders

It's not. Server issues.

Assume so, wouldnt be the first time for me however.

Can't remember which but in one of the COD games I lost around 20 levels after server issues and its happened in Rocket League once in the first few months after it came out.

VinFTW

When will we find out the BF1 PS4 Pro enhancements?

Need to know whether to pick it up on PS4 or X1 by the 5th (Target B2G1)

Really want a rock solid 60.

EatChildren

Bleed absolutely needs to come back. There's been a few games where a massive comeback from either our team or the opposition through conquest captures should have been represented in tickets. I think that's the only really major criticism I have of BF1 so far; when one team is obviously outgunned there's basically nothing they can do to turn the tides. Even if they capture majority/all of the points, the better shooters on the other team will guarantee victory.

I suppose it balances out, given yesterday's matches were really balanced all across both teams. But yeah. Tonight across three servers I'm stuck on a team amassed with fucking idiots that refuse to spot and address air and tanks. No squad leaders issuing commands. Ignoring lost capture points right outside our main spawn. Just utter incompetency across the board.

EDIT: And of course the chatlog is bloated with my team whining that the game is imbalanced. We're losing because you fucking suck.
EDIT 2: Three light tanks sitting on a capture point. I am the only person trying to address them. Holy fuck.
EDIT 3: Sniper in the chatlog complaining bombers are broken. Die.

I enjoyed this post

Top Bottom