• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Trojan

Just pulled up this thread because I can't connect online in BF1. Minneapolis, MN USA. Guess this is a good excuse to finish my single player campaign missions! But seriously if this is a DDOS then what a pointless DDOS, 2am on Halloween Saturday.

Nizz

I noticed this too. Any way to get this to feel more like BF4 in terms of aiming? Feels wayy too smooth and I can't fine tune my aim as well.
Honestly, unless Dice themselves tweak the controls to get them to feel like BF4 I don't feel BF1 will ever feel like that. For me the closest thing is to turn on uniform soldier aiming as I did in BF4 and turning the sensitivity up to 95 (both the general soldier aiming and zoom aiming).

The Dude

I have 50 to 60 hours in this game already, killed me not being able to play earlier. This for me is hands down one of the best shooters in the last handful of years. There has been a lot of fun and enjoyable shooters, but this game has a feel about it that amazes me every time I play a match.. Great game thru and thru. Every battle feels different than the last, such a great game

I have 50 to 60 hours in this game already, killed me not being able to play earlier. This for me is hands down one of the best shooters in the last handful of years. There has been a lot of fun and enjoyable shooters, but this game has a feel about it that amazes me every time I play a match.. Great game thru and thru. Every battle feels different than the last, such a great game

Which game mode(s) do you play?

The Dude

Which game mode(s) do you play?

Conquest and TDM are my go tos pending the time I have. I find all classes enjoyable as well, always a medic or assault player typically but I been running support a ton lately and there is nothing more satisfying than dropping mortars on a cluster of enemies or on snipers, glorious moments

terrible

Banned
Anyone else accidentally putting on their mask damn near every time they try to press left or right on the dpad? Fucking annoying. Let us move that to the touchpad please.

The Dude

Anyone else accidentally putting on their mask damn near every time they try to press left or right on the dpad? Fucking annoying. Let us move that to the touchpad please.

Haven't had that an issue much but I do know it's so damn fun to see those kills rack up with a good gas grenades lol

Conquest and TDM are my go tos pending the time I have. I find all classes enjoyable as well, always a medic or assault player typically but I been running support a ton lately and there is nothing more satisfying than dropping mortars on a cluster of enemies or on snipers, glorious moments

how are the spawns in TDM?

The Dude

how are the spawns in TDM?

I think they're pretty spot on. A few times someone has spawned behind me but overall the flow of battle sort of goes from one side of the map to the other. Typically you spawn in and the battle is ahead of you unless you have a roamer passing near you. I thought the tdm might be a cluster fuck but honestly it's my bread n butter since I love to sit and bang matches out. I love it, I feel there is plenty of action with 12 on 12, the maps are pretty awesome as they have so many great choke points to really hunker in and battle. A nice mix of range and close quarter maps

I think they're pretty spot on. A few times someone has spawned behind me but overall the flow of battle sort of goes from one side of the map to the other. Typically you spawn in and the battle is ahead of you unless you have a roamer passing near you. I thought the tdm might be a cluster fuck but honestly it's my bread n butter since I love to sit and bang matches out. I love it, I feel there is plenty of action with 12 on 12, the maps are pretty awesome as they have so many great choke points to battle.

thank you for your reply. Sounds good. I have been playing Operations and Rush exclusively, but sometimes I don't like the cluster effect that capturing a single point brings.

I'm concerned with sniper spam in non objective based games though...

The Dude

Same as always, only everyone is sniping on a roof or in a building in this game compared to BF4 and BF3.

I think it's the opposite, I got sniped the fuck up in Battlefield 4 to where I eventually had to quit. This game has snipers but it's no where near as bad at least in my experience. In fact I was just thinking about how there aren't as many.. But there are campers of course, but a good mortar will always fix that

The Dude

thank you for your reply. Sounds good. I have been playing Operations and Rush exclusively, but sometimes I don't like the cluster effect that capturing a single point brings.

Yea, I mean not sure how much tdm you generally play, it might take a little getting used to because it's quicker combat and alot going on... But it's a lot of fun and you can sort of play any style you want pending the map. Rush is cool but yea it's a match mode that if you're getting crushed you're not really going to make a comeback. Tdm you can sort of battle back at times and make a difference

Edit: there are snipers but they're easy to spot and you can take care of them in many ways I've found.. Only a few matches has areas where they go, but overall it's really not bad. I hate being sniped, hate it... So I would not play if it was insanely bad

Daffy Duck

You guys weren't wrong about this tips of being more aggressive with the assault class!

I was doing ridiculously good with the m18 trench last night rushing people and being super aggressive, I got my best ever games doing it too, and also managed some high KD games 2/3KD in conquest, people who snipe can't seem to cope with you being in their face, also fantastic to rush a group of 4/5 snipers out in the hills and wipe them all out before they even know you are there.

Yeah happens constantly for me. Also my gun sometimes won't shoot for like a second after doing something else like throwing a grenade. Really annoying.
I think over time they made a few tweaks but day 1 on PS4 it felt amazing. It has the best controls out of any FPS this gen in my opinion and I wasn't expecting BF1 to feel any different.

This is promising.

Agreed BF4 completely nailed it right away. I'm getting used to BF1 but it's still far from where it should be.

The Dude

You guys weren't wrong about this tips of being more aggressive with the assault class!

I was doing ridiculously good with the m18 trench last night rushing people and being super aggressive, I got my best ever games doing it too, and also managed some high KD games 2/3KD in conquest, people who snipe can't seem to cope with you being in their face, also fantastic to rush a group of 4/5 snipers out in the hills and wipe them all out before they even know you are there.

This game has a ton of good guns for being aggressive definitely. I enjoy assault, medic and support so much I struggle to decide which I want to play going in.. Some of the automatic medic guns are beasts also when being aggressive

terrible

Banned
I think it's the opposite, I got sniped the fuck up in Battlefield 4 to where I eventually had to quit. This game has snipers but it's no where near as bad at least in my experience. In fact I was just thinking about how there aren't as many.. But there are campers of course, but a good mortar will always fix that

Flood Zone was the only map really where it was even viable to snipe in TDM. In BF1 the maps have massive open spaces and tons of high places to snipe from. On top of that you can body shot one hit kill so everyone is sniping. It's pretty unbalanced and boring unless that's your thing.

Yeah happens constantly for me. Also my gun sometimes won't shoot for like a second after doing something else like throwing a grenade. Really annoying.

Yeah gas grenades do that to me. I don't use them anymore.

The Dude

Flood Zone was the only map really where it was even viable to snipe in TDM. In BF1 the maps have massive open spaces and tons of high places to snipe from. On top of that you can body shot one hit kill so everyone is sniping. It's pretty unbalanced and boring unless that's your thing.

Yeah gas grenades do that to me. I don't use them anymore.

I totally disagree. These maps have many indoor areas to battle and outside you get snipers but I don't find them that much of a nuisance. In bf4 you simply had many guys especially in conquest nonstop sniping people. Here you get snipers but with some of the guns like in the medic lineup you can quickly kill them. I dunno, all I know is in 50ish hours I've loved every second and have been glued to it. Snipers here and there but nothing to turn me away /shrug

terrible

Banned
I totally disagree. These maps have many indoor areas to battle and outside you get snipers but I don't find them that much of a nuisance. In bf4 you simply had many guys especially in conquest nonstop sniping people. Here you get snipers but with some of the guns like in the medic lineup you can quickly kill them. I dunno, all I know is in 50ish hours I've loved every second and have been glued to it. Snipers here and there but nothing to turn me away /shrug

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. Completely different experience over hundreds of BF4 hours here.

The Dude

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. Completely different experience over hundreds of BF4 hours here.

Yea pretty much. But it's all good. I'm sure I'll get a few hundred here, I had about 150 in bf4 but I find bf1 so far to be the better game that will have more alot longer.

Trojan

I'm glad that Old Man EA reminds me it's past my bedtime

WNzDToa.jpg

Quiet the contrary in my view, i've got more than 400 hours on BF4. Theres a ton shit of more sniping in BF1, its not even close...but its understandable, its a new game and the headshots do feel meaty.

bosseye

Same, it all feels spot on. Everytime I jump in, I never know quite how it's going to go which I love. Something epic happens every time.

I've been playing 64 man operations, so good. Love the push and retreat dynamic. I'm playing as assault, definitely rewards aggressive play. Had my best ever game (top of the leader board, 41/23 kills, 15,000 score, made the highlight page with 14 flags captured ) on Fao Fortress last night, anti tank mines racking up the kills when I'm nowhere near, dynamite wrecking entire squads....was up on the battlements of the fort, peeked over the parapet to see 5 or 6 enemies trying to get past the sandbags, lobbed a couple of dynamites over....kaboom! M-m-m-m-multi kill, ha.

Had some amazing moments desperately defending on Monte Grappa too, just so much carnage, gas, grades, bodies flying everywhere, stuff falling down, the zeppelin burning overhead. So, so good. Amazing. Love it.

Top Bottom