• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

The Dude

What this game needs tho is more from the battle packs. Alot more skins and other goodies, that's the biggest flaw for me right now and medals need more incentive. I enjoy the chase but I want something more for my work.

I really find this game to be incredible tho, I can't put it down.

Man, just drop CQ and play Operations. The sense of teamwork and the rush of running at the objective together feels like such a cohesive experience compared to Conquest

Speaking of which, Im curious how they intend to balance out Ops

40 player Ops plays seemingly differently to 64 player. Some points are too far apart for 40 players to hold without a behemoth to help

Yet in 64 player, tickets are lost too fast and the game is practically over by the start of the next map

Why is there a video on the main menu showing you how to 'kill more, die less'? Yeah, because that's what people need to be knowing what to do. Smh...

Periscope makes it very easy, had that medal in no time
I actually found the periscope fairly ineffective for this one. And in general really.

It's weird, but whenever I proned somewhere as a Scout and spotted people using the periscope, my teammates did... nothing. I just went back to playing aggressively on the objectives as I always do (I spot everybody I see), and teammates finishing off people I'd spotted and already wounded seemed to work way better.

What this game needs tho is more from the battle packs. Alot more skins and other goodies, that's the biggest flaw for me right now and medals need more incentive. I enjoy the chase but I want something more for my work.

I dont know how much more they can do with skins

We need a LOT more melee items. Those are fun. Keep them behind packs, make them have unique animations, and let them match stats of existing melee items for the sake of balance

They really should have hidden everything but the knife in battlepacks or level unlocks. For people wanting that sense of reward, it would have been fun to unlock. Im surprised they didnt

I think the two legendary melee items are a good start.

Outside of that, they need to flesh out stat tracking

Id love to collect accolades (separate Insignias for things like ""most heals" earned after a match), Ribbons need to return along with accompanying medals/pins

And itd be really nice to have Special Service stars for playing medic, support, tanker, pilot, etc

There are tons of ways to flesh out the game without relying on overbearing weapon and attachment unlocks

Well... it turns out EA has another game on the market right now with lots of unlocks, really cool skins and a good sense of progression

Man, just drop CQ and play Operations. The sense of teamwork and the rush of running at the objective together feels like such a cohesive experience compared to Conquest

Speaking of which, Im curious how they intend to balance out Ops

40 player Ops plays seemingly differently to 64 player. Some points are too far apart for 40 players to hold without a behemoth to help

Yet in 64 player, tickets are lost too fast and the game is practically over by the start of the next map

Operations is fun in small doses, but all of my time goes into Conquest. I like the rush of sneaking past the enemy and capturing the bases closest to their spawn, pulling them away from the defended ones and creating chances for the team to take those.

I just find the battles more dynamic in that mode, despite the poor changes to the ticket system, and to be honest I don't care if we win or lose, as long as we have tried to take points and not just sat at spawn sniping like what happened in a few matches last night.

But this is one of the small reasons I like this game so much. I really don't need hundreds of unlocks, and I'm glad that it's only meaningless skins in the boxes as it means I can simply ignore that whole system. The gameplay is rewarding enough.

Alpende

What is up with developers not making skip able cutscenes. What a load of shit.

EDIT: Seems not all of them are skip able but most are.

terrible

Banned
What is up with developers not making skip able cutscenes. What a load of shit.

Does it happen on PC with an SSD as well? The game seems to have ridiculously long load times on console so I just assumed the cut scenes were being used to hide the long load times.

Tecnniqe

Banned
SyFNEa2.jpg

test_account

XP-39C²
Does it happen on PC with an SSD as well? The game seems to have ridiculously long load times on console so I just assumed the cut scenes were being used to hide the long load times.
Its about a minute or so i would guess, not really what i would call ridiculous long, especially concidering that loading on consoles are usually around 20-40 seconds and BF maps are larger than usual FPS online maps. When i think of ridiculously long load times i think of something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjf0D6bRTQ8 :)

But yeah, its there to mask loading, indeed.

Tovarisc

Look at distance between my corpse and my killer, highlighted with green box. He put me down in blink of an eye by going full auto with MP18 from that distance. SMG is clearly short range weapon.

#balanced

^This game would be much better without full auto guns. Except lmgs. Personally I love using the Gewehr 98 infantry. Reloading after every shot feels good.

The sense of teamwork as 75% of the defending team jerks off on a hill a mile away from the point or the entire attacking team pile up their dead bodies at the same exact choke point for 450 tickets. Ops are fun but if you get a bad team the layout of the mode exacerbates it so much.

Yea titanfall did great in that area, but Battlefield is the better shooter easily for me

I'm loving both. Two totally different games. When I have a squad/good team BF is amazing, always has been. However, when I have a shitty team or no one else to play with, I feel like it's only a matter of time before PTSD kicks in and TF goes into the PS4. BF has never had great unlocks, imo and I have no problem with that. It does other things really well.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Look at distance between my corpse and my killer, highlighted with green box. He put me down in blink of an eye by going full auto with MP18 from that distance. SMG is clearly short range weapon.

#balanced

Well use the Hunter and you could outclass the SMG at that range :)

The sense of teamwork as 75% of the defending team jerks off on a hill a mile away from the point or the entire attacking team pile up their dead bodies at the same exact choke point for 450 tickets. Ops are fun but if you get a bad team the layout of the mode exacerbates it so much.
That's true of Rush as well; when you have two good teams, the experience is absolutely glorious. When you're on a bad team, it's hell on Earth. Whereas with Conquest while you'll never come anywhere close to those highs, you'll never ever experience those lows either.

Surfinn

Jesus what is even happening? I'm afraid to log in now that everyone is saying their progress got reset. I figured after 14 hours they'd have this shit sorted out.. and it gets worse?

Which also is bad balancing. Keeps amazing me how DICE keep fucking up game balance game after game after game. Then they spend next 4 to 6 months rebalancing whole game.

That's my biggest issue with the game right now. Gun balance isn't great and the focus on full auto guns is mind boggling, given the setting. In BF games, I usually play hardcore since it really allows the different weapons to shine since they are all so lethal in that mode. I wonder why they left it out of this entry...

Tovarisc

That's my biggest issue with the game right now. Gun balance isn't great and the focus on full auto guns is mind boggling, given the setting. In BF games, I usually play hardcore since it really allows the different weapons to shine since they are all so lethal in that mode. I wonder why they left it out of this entry...

Hardcore is coming later, I assume it comes when community ran servers become available. Hoping for return of Classic [BF2 rules basically] too.

Guess I'm not the only one having issues connected? Couldn't get on when I tried to play last night either. PSN, for whatever it's worth.

Servers pls :c

Hardcore is coming later, I assume it comes when community ran servers become available. Hoping for return of Classic [BF2 rules basically] too.

awesome!!! can't wait. The best part of BF is that the community stays healthy for a long time and most issues get sorted out... eventually.

breadtruck

This is the correct decision. Conquest really doesnt feel like conquest any more anyways, so you are only gaining here.

fritolay

Jesus what is even happening? I'm afraid to log in now that everyone is saying their progress got reset. I figured after 14 hours they'd have this shit sorted out.. and it gets worse?

It doesn't reset your progress, your progress just doesn't load to the client is what I would guess.

Rendition

It doesn't reset your progress, your progress just doesn't load to the client is what I would guess.

Yea I had a game yesterday that didn't give me access to the sniper rifle I bought the day before. Then near the end of the game, my sniper rifle appeared. Bizarre.

So me being rank 2 now with all my stats gone will just fix itself while I'm playing? I'm already to the point where I don't wanna touch this thing until it's fixed. If I keep playing and my stuff remains gone because I just kept playing along, well..

fritolay

This is the correct decision. Conquest really doesnt feel like conquest any more anyways, so you are only gaining here.

They need to let you keep teams after Operations is over and load the next one. In Conquest you get a group of people, strangers, together and you can play a while. Operations it just ends and then you have to see if your team is good again.

So me being rank 2 now with all my stats gone will just fix itself while I'm playing? I'm already to the point where I don't wanna touch this thing until it's fixed. If I keep playing and my stuff remains gone because I just kept playing along, well..

I understand what you are saying, such will this reset or overwrite your saved progress. I don't know that does suck. I may wait to play too then. If it was just a match or two temporary that would be another thing to me.

Which also is bad balancing. Keeps amazing me how DICE keep fucking up game balance game after game after game. Then they spend next 4 to 6 months rebalancing whole game.
DICE Sweden balances by playing gentlemans rules games. It's going to be up to DICE LA to fix it again like last time.

Surfinn

They need to let you keep teams after Operations is over and load the next one. In Conquest you get a group of people, strangers, together and you can play a while. Operations it just ends and then you have to see if your team is good again.

I understand what you are saying, such will this reset or overwrite your saved progress. I don't know that does suck. I may wait to play too then. If it was just a match or two temporary that would be another thing to me.
Well yeah.. If there was some guarantee that it's just gunna return to where it was before the bug, it wouldn't be a big deal. Hopefully they're able to get it all sorted out soon.

Tovarisc

I'm not a fan of how I have to look at the ground in order put a medic crate down. You should just throw them like you do in BF4.

Looking down in slight angle seems to be enough. Quick to glance down, hit hotkey and level aim back up.

DICE Sweden balances by playing gentlemans rules games. It's going to be up to DICE LA to fix it again like last time.

DICE Stockholm and LA worked closely on BF1 from the beginning afaik, which makes state of game balance even weirder. LA has so solid record with BF4 balancing so how they could let through this kind of balancing?

Top Bottom