• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

BAR, Automatico, and model 10-a hunter

lc0mGvB.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What type of fighter planes are you guys using? They all seem a bit shit to me compared to attack and bomber, particularly in dogfights where an attack plane with a rear gunner just utterly devastates fighters.

theapg

I've played medic for around 6 hours and haven't had this gas mask thing happen once (ps4). Maybe it's a controller issue?

terrible

Banned
I've played medic for around 6 hours and haven't had this gas mask thing happen once (ps4). Maybe it's a controller issue?

Happened to me during my 10 hour EA Access trial too and it's happening to my friends as well. It's the game.

How often do you toss out health and revive lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What type of fighter planes are you guys using? They all seem a bit shit to me compared to attack and bomber, particularly in dogfights where an attack plane with a rear gunner just utterly devastates fighters.

I use the bomber or whatever the right most one is to take out the blimp in suicide runs. Otherwise I spawn into whatever the three seater is if they have space as I don't like piloting. :x

Anyyyyyyway, I just won a round in Operations with no reinforcements (3 left) or needing the train. The defense got the stupid-ass train and we took it out and rolled them. Sniped like 20 of them on A third set from a building. So I think I can officially retire the mode now.

I gotta get headshots which are gonna drive me crazy if they require the sniper for that medal

terrible

Banned
What this glitch is? I have played 50h of MP, encountered zero glitches with mask.

PC

It's probably a console only thing but when you select a gadget (ammo, health, etc) you put your mask on instead. Needless to say it's pretty shitty and it gets you killed a ton.

I need health! Just kidding, I'll spend the next 5 seconds putting on my mask instead.

Cronnie

It's probably a console only thing but when you select a gadget (ammo, health, etc) you put your mask on instead. Needless to say it's pretty shitty and it gets you killed a ton.

I need health! Just kidding, I'll spend the next 5 seconds putting on my mask instead.

I've never encountered this bug once on the PS4, and I've played quite a lot (at rank 50ish).

Tovarisc

No possibility of case of fat finger causing D-Pad to lean more towards mask instead of health? Can happen when in rush during battle. If not fan finger then shame game has input issue. I ask because on PC gadgets are 3 and 4 while mask is T so you can't do wrong input accidentally.

terrible

Banned
No possibility of case of fat finger causing D-Pad to lean more towards mask instead of health? Can happen when in rush during battle. If not fan finger then shame game has input issue. I ask because on PC gadgets are 3 and 4 while mask is T so you can't do wrong input accidentally.

I thought it was me at first even though I've probably pushed the wrong direction by accident maybe once or twice ever in 1000 hours of BF4 but no, it's the game. Has something to do with strafing/moving while pushing right on the dpad. The game doesn't like that.

It happens to me at least once a match. One time I put my mask on and off multiple times in a row while trying to get my revive kit out. I died.

I've resorted to putting my most used gear on the left dpad.

CHC

OK I've found my new favorite activity:

Blowing up zeppelin cabins with the AT Rocket Gun.

Easily the most fun weapon in the game.

Mahonay

Banned
MG15 is king.

Really want to play other classes, but feel like support that hands out ammo is almost as rare as a medic that revives, so I am mostly sticking with support and this gun... so good.
I played Medic a good bit tonight, and it felt like 75 percent of other players would just rush to spawn again rather than wait a few seconds for me to revive them. It was pretty aggravating.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I played Medic a good bit tonight, and it felt like 75 percent of other players would just rush to spawn again rather than wait a few seconds for me to revive them. It was pretty aggravating.

You have to yell at them to wait. I think a few don't even know that if you wait until the timer REALLY runs out you can still be revived past the "skip" button that pops-up on the revive timer (it'll keep you out of action longer but hey...). Drives me bonkers to go "really guys, I will revive you. Just hold up."

Yeah, that's why I run support. The best they can do is try to run away from my ammo packs. I see people die and the skull icon IMMEDIATELY starts blinking because they're already holding the skip button.

Mahonay

Banned
You have to yell at them to wait. I think a few don't even know that if you wait until the timer REALLY runs out you can still be revived past the "skip" button that pops-up on the revive timer (it'll keep you out of action longer but hey...). Drives me bonkers to go "really guys, I will revive you. Just hold up."
I play in PS4 party chat with friends pretty much exclusively. Other random players can't can't hear me.

terrible

Banned

I wait it out if there's a medic nearby.

It's kind of heartbreaking watching a medic that is 11m away get as close as 1m before running out of sight again though. That happens more than an actual revive.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
anyone know the best sniper rifle for infantry play, I am trying to decide between the Russian infantry or MKIII infantry or are there any other recommendations

Pastry

Banned
If you're down by 200 at any point then literally the only way you're coming back is if you capture all of the points and hold them for a while.

theapg

I thought it was me at first even though I've probably pushed the wrong direction by accident maybe once or twice ever in 1000 hours of BF4 but no, it's the game. Has something to do with strafing/moving while pushing right on the dpad. The game doesn't like that.

That's bizarre. I even tried pressing right on the dpad while sprinting to see if that did it. Nothing. This is a long shot but the controller i've been using is brand new, so maybe there is an older model of controller that causes it to happen? I just can't think of any other explanation for why this would happen to some people but not the others.

anyone know the best sniper rifle for infantry play, I am trying to decide between the Russian infantry or MKIII infantry or are there any other recommendations
I personally love the Martini-Henry, but you don't get it until Scout rank 10. Other than that, I'd go with the SMLE. A lot of it depends on your engagement range, but those are my two personal favorites, as I usually tend to be a closer range, often more aggressive sniper.

Trojan

What's the best Assault weapon I should get at Level 2? Choices are:
  • M97 Trench Gun Sweeper
  • MP18 Experimental
  • 12g Automatic Backbored

I already have the Automatico M1918 Trench and like it so wouldn't want another SMG unless it was a worthy step up.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I feel like the vehicle turret speed should have a lower cap. For all the period appropriate nerfs Anti-Tank equipment got, I still feel like I'm fighting BF4 tanks.

If not, then at least add a visual where the tanks drip out like a gallon of grease and oil whenever the turrets do a 180 in the blink of an eye.

Such fucking SHIT

I'm about to punch something

Enemy team digs into bunker in Monte Grapp and THROWS NON STOP GRENADES out entrances. We had no chance. Im literally talking about non stop spam. Fucking horrible

How come you can't mute people?!

I was in a match and this guy was talking so loud to people he was with in his house, and even when I went on his xbl profile and muted him (I'm on xbox), I STILL heard him talking.

Is there not an in-game mute function where I can mute individual players?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Such fucking SHIT

I'm about to punch something

Enemy team digs into bunker in Monte Grapp and THROWS NON STOP GRENADES out entrances. We had no chance. Im literally talking about non stop spam. Fucking horrible

What mode? Get enough people on top and you take the objective.

What mode? Get enough people on top and you take the objective.

Operations. I know you can stand on top, but it just didnt seem possible to get the whole team to stand up there. They kept trying to force the bunker and it was hell. It's absurd that a team can spam non stop grenades to protect the entrances. There was just no way to get in there.

bosseye

Ugh, irritation last night trying to get a game with friends on ps4, had 8 guys in the party all playing, I joined late. On their screen there was still a few slots available, my screen said their game was full. Tried to join anyway, game just locked up had to drop back to the dashboard. When my 'join friends' screen said slots available I just ended up in a queue/reserving slot for so long I gave up. Twice they all quit out and we joined together and I was put on an entirely new game with none of my friends in sight. When I finally managed to get into a game I was the only one put on the other team, all my friends were together and I was Billy no mates, which was no fun being on the wrong end of the banter, compounded by the fact I was on a team of absolute incompetents. Absolute waste of time, gave up after an hour of fucking about and getting nowhere.

No idea what the issue was, it's normally fairly seamless. Party size perhaps?

bosseye

Operations. I know you can stand on top, but it just didnt seem possible to get the whole team to stand up there. They kept trying to force the bunker and it was hell. It's absurd that a team can spam non stop grenades to protect the entrances. There was just no way to get in there.

I've had that, got lucky by bayonet charging through the pile of grenades at the door, then whipped out a dynamite lobbed it and blew it up just before I was killed which took out a few of them, enough that more of my team could force their way in.

I basically was a suicide bomber.

Picked it up tonight and joined a couple games... and I hate this more than I've hated any multiplayer game since GTA Online (and I hate that more than I've hated any videogame in history, so that should tell you something). I loved Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 1942 makes my top10 all time, so my utter hatred of this is disappointment on a level I can't quite convey. Hopefully it grows on me, because as it stands now, I am so completely fucking FURIOUS with this game that I literally want to light my computer on fire and throw it off my porch.

bosseye

Picked it up tonight and joined a couple games... and I hate this more than I've hated any multiplayer game since GTA Online (and I hate that more than I've hated any videogame in history, so that should tell you something). I loved Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 1942 makes my top10 all time, so my utter hatred of this is disappointment on a level I can't quite convey. Hopefully it grows on me, because as it stands now, I am so completely fucking FURIOUS with this game that I literally want to light my computer on fire and throw it off my porch.

o_O elaborate!

o_O elaborate!

I respawn on top of explosions, so I'll die multiple times without being able to even move, it takes me about 4 tries to successfully revive someone, my bullets do absolutely nothing to anybody, and then I spend the next 5 minutes spawning on top of explosions unable to do anything. It's just awful. The few seconds I have of play are spent desperately sprinting to get somewhere approximately 14 miles away and getting sniped from God knows where, or up front in the battle, where I am no match for a tank (expected), a plane (expected), or every single player on Earth with their back turned to me and a big sign on their head saying "SHOOT HERE TO DO EXACTLY 64 DAMAGE AND WARN ME TO TURN AND FIRE EXACTLY ONE BULLET TO KILL YOU". It's bullshit.

Top Bottom