• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not being able to customize loadouts and buy equipment in the main menu is absolutely absurd, I can't believe it launched like that. Also, you STILL can't chat between rounds, a problem that has existed since BF3.

It's coming in the first paid DLC.

Repo Man

Same. It doesn't let me buy anything and reset loadouts to boot. I would call that a net negative in usefulness.

Odd, I can buy/unlock shit with the Web Companion but my loadouts don't save meaning I have to redo them once I'm in an active game.

All nitpicking aside... I'm so fucking glad I bought this game because I'm having an absolute blast with it online. Haven't touched single player because I'm a bit of a BF Purist and been there since 1942 so for me SP is a mere afterthought but the MP is just so fucking immersive and fun. I missed out on BF3 due to not having an up to date PC at the time, then finally upgraded my PC and jumped into BF4 where all the guns felt really accurate and tanks reigned like hell. BF1 feels like going back home, the guns are solid but just the right amount of unpredictable, armour is strong but far from unstoppable.

I cannot recommend this game enough to someone who might be looking to get into Battlefield, hell even vets of the series will enjoy this imo. Dice dun gud!

Orcus

It's coming in the first paid DLC.
I hope not. No major feature fix/balance patch until next spring would be really frustrating. BF4 had a lot of patch activity even after most of the huge bugs were squashed. If we don't get a major patch, or series of patches between now and spring I'll be very disappointed. I'm hoping for monthly patches for the first quarter, but that's probably too optimistic. At minimum I want a significant patch with the free map in December.

Orcus

Odd, I can buy/unlock shit with the Web Companion but my loadouts don't save meaning I have to redo them once I'm in an active game.

All nitpicking aside... I'm so fucking glad I bought this game because I'm having an absolute blast with it online. Haven't touched single player because I'm a bit of a BF Purist and been there since 1942 so for me SP is a mere afterthought but the MP is just so fucking immersive and fun. I missed out on BF3 due to not having an up to date PC at the time, then finally upgraded my PC and jumped into BF4 where all the guns felt really accurate and tanks reigned like hell. BF1 feels like going back home, the guns are solid but just the right amount of unpredictable, armour is strong but far from unstoppable.

I cannot recommend this game enough to someone who might be looking to get into Battlefield, hell even vets of the series will enjoy this imo. Dice dun gud!
Yes they did. I'm very happy overall with this entry. It needs some balance work, minor bug fixes and small feature changes, buy the overall gameplay, stability and graphics are awesome!

Surfinn

Very glad I bought this game. Even if some stuff needs to be adjusted/patched, this is one of the most solid and well balanced preorders I've ever experienced, especially for a MP game. Only downside was the server issues which got fixed up pretty fast.

And what do ya know.. just like that, tanks aren't OP. Now you've gotta play smarter. I remember the beta where no one would even look in your direction if they saw you coming.

So many little things I love to do in this game, like throwing ammo packs to all of my team mates. Love that feature :D

Also amiens is a God damn great map. so classic.

Surfinn

So many little things I love to do in this game, like throwing ammo packs to all of my team mates. Love that feature :D

Also amiens is a God damn great map. so classic.

Yup that map is so good, one of the best. Reminds me of that one building map in BF3.. forget the name. Really classic WWI feel though, wow.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Chat became useless in-game today.

Fairfight bans spamming the chat window and I cant seem to figure out how to scroll that thing.

Good going on DICE but leave my Jesus-10 crazy ass stats alone plis :3

abuC

Got about 400 kills with the Optical and cannot get into the Storm!

Did you set the iron site zoom to 2.0? I had it set to default and it was hard, but zooming in helped a bit. Seems to move around better for whatever reason.

While I'm thinking about it, is anyone else having the post game award screen thing never load for them? I just get loading circles.

Yep :( I want my stats! Still randomly get battle packs.. but its annoying not getting stats.

T Ghost

Over 20 hours of MP on Xbox One and not a single player voice heard. Not a SINGLE one. Are you guys having the same issue when not playing in parties?

Nobody in your team/squad talking at all kinda breaks BF games...

As far as I'm concerned, the only way to play Battlefield is to turn the in-game VOIP off.

I get on Discord with my friends that I'm playing with, I definitely don't want to hear strangers.

Over 20 hours of MP on Xbox One and not a single player voice heard. Not a SINGLE one. Are you guys having the same issue when not playing in parties?

I normally play with friends or with Gaffers. I did have a few times people would use voip on PC.

Trojan

Has anyone watched this guy Stodeh play BF1 on Twitch? I randomly turned to his channel and he's an absolute beast at this game. Regularly going 60-15 KD and just basically being unstoppable in Conquest.

He is crazy good with the Gewehr and he can quick fire a revolver High Noon McCree-style. Just while I was watching he got a triple kill with one sniper bullet.

https://www.twitch.tv/stodeh

Had a great few rounds of conquest with a friend just now. At one point he told me to look at the score, I looked and we were both at 937, I automatically go into 'oh shit' mode, defending E on Blitz while 5 guys rush me. Killed all of them and captured the point. We ended up winning, it felt so fucking good. This game is incredible.

And +1 for the Amiens love. Easily my favourite map.

Also, how is 'skill' calculated in this game? Because according to Battlefield Stats Tracker I'm in the top 1%. Lol.

jediyoshi

I don't see what's so funny about it. TAA makes it blurry and with no AA there's jaggies everywhere and as I said the mountain maps have flat lighting, the rain effects make everything look greyish and flat lighting as well. The surfaces (rubble in the prologue, stonewalls in the mountain maps) look nice and detailed but that in the end doesn't help either when there's a vaseline filter smeared on top.

Do you see a distinction between flat lighting and real life lighting that is 'flat'? Or are poor, overcast weather conditions and graphical fidelity mutually exclusive?

I need to know more about Battlefield 1's awful graphics in more detail. Break it all the way down for me.

KeenNextIchthyosaurs-size_restricted.gif

The xbox party system was the best and worst innovation all at once.

Just played empire of oil operation.

Lasted 1.5 hours with an incredibly bad team consisting of 9 of the shittiest snipers in a team of 32.

They would not use k bullets, they wouldnt use the flare, they wouldnt retreat.

The attackers went through the first and second map, and first area of the third map on thier initial battalion.

The attacking team pushed us to the final area on the final map on Sinai. Where we somehow held on win the game.

Felt good mang, but those shitty ass randoms.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
You guys weren't kidding about the Model 10-A. It's a really good weapon for contesting points on Operations.

The range on this thing is really surprising. I've killed people with one shot from distances I didn't think would register much damage at all. Needless to say, up close it is pretty much a guaranteed kill if you hit the enemy.

Has anyone watched this guy Stodeh play BF1 on Twitch? I randomly turned to his channel and he's an absolute beast at this game. Regularly going 60-15 KD and just basically being unstoppable in Conquest.

He is crazy good with the Gewehr and he can quick fire a revolver High Noon McCree-style. Just while I was watching he got a triple kill with one sniper bullet.

https://www.twitch.tv/stodeh

I mentioned him a couple of pages back. Yeah the dude is mad talented.

I know Gas is easily countered but god is it annoying when nearly the entire team just spams it. It frustrates me. I wanna join them so bad but I know it just won't make me feel good lol.

I've been unlocking the stupid weapons first for fun. The autoloader is soooo bad. It deals great damage but man do you run out of ammo fast. The 1903 experimental is also absurdly bad. The howdah pistol...... I wanted my shotgun revolver from Black Ops and what do I get? A pistol with 4 rounds that deal decent damage. Cannot wait to get to Support 10 to try that last weapon.

I wonder how long you waited doing nothing to get that last shot in :p
I can't count the number of behemoths I've taken down from 100% to 1% solo, only to have someone else swoop in for the final hit glory.

Watched a guy sit and wait point blank in a boat next to a dreadnaught once too, just to make sure his torpedoes got the last hit in after I brought it down to almost no health.

Vehicles really need some kind of assist counts as kill mechanic. Or "kill counts as an assist", when you do jack shit other than the final blow, similar to Overwatch awarding single digit fire on an elimination.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They have to make sniping harder, add more bullet drop, the guns are like lasers. Or only allow a certain amount of them per team.

Snipers aren't necessarily the problem. The problem is NOBODY WANTS TO SWITCH to other classes. And the snipers that ARE playing have no clue how to play the class. It drives me bonkers to ask for ammo as a sniper using the spot flare and NEVER GETTING ANY meanwhile if I go around being an ammo butterfly, NOBODY uses the spot flare.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How are the medal tings determined? I have plane, squad and support ones right now.

Randomly chosen tracks. Track the one you want to complete until it's done, repeat for a week until they re-roll. It's dumb as hell. Especially if you completely the set 2/3 objectives before the first one. :|

Top Bottom