• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Xyber

I respawn on top of explosions, so I'll die multiple times without being able to even move, it takes me about 4 tries to successfully revive someone, my bullets do absolutely nothing to anybody, and then I spend the next 5 minutes spawning on top of explosions unable to do anything. It's just awful. The few seconds I have of play are spent desperately sprinting to get somewhere approximately 14 miles away and getting sniped from God knows where, or up front in the battle, where I am no match for a tank (expected), a plane (expected), or every single player on Earth with their back turned to me and a big sign on their head saying "SHOOT HERE TO DO EXACTLY 64 DAMAGE AND WARN ME TO TURN AND FIRE EXACTLY ONE BULLET TO KILL YOU". It's bullshit.

This kinda reads like "mad 'cus bad". If you constantly have problems killing people from behind, that says more about you than the game. And you have the option to spawn somewhere safe, but you seem to always pick where the battle is.

Sometimes you just get some unlucky spawns, but that happens very rarely to me unless I am playing something like TDM where spawns can be really bad at times.

You should also experiment with different weapons, there are some that I just don't like to use at all and I do perform way worse with them.

bosseye

I respawn on top of explosions, so I'll die multiple times without being able to even move, it takes me about 4 tries to successfully revive someone, my bullets do absolutely nothing to anybody, and then I spend the next 5 minutes spawning on top of explosions unable to do anything. It's just awful. The few seconds I have of play are spent desperately sprinting to get somewhere approximately 14 miles away and getting sniped from God knows where, or up front in the battle, where I am no match for a tank (expected), a plane (expected), or every single player on Earth with their back turned to me and a big sign on their head saying "SHOOT HERE TO DO EXACTLY 64 DAMAGE AND WARN ME TO TURN AND FIRE EXACTLY ONE BULLET TO KILL YOU". It's bullshit.

Ay Caramba! Doesn't sound fun. What class are you, what gun are you using? What game modes are you playing?

Give it more time I say (obviously). You're an old hand, you know that perhaps not knowing the maps initially can be half the problem, once you're more au fait with the layout and choke points you can avoid some of those issues. Spawning miles away from the action, I haven't had that issue too much as I'm usually spawning on a squad mate or at one of the capture points; for the most part I find the issue can occasionally be spawning into chaos as you say. Then it's just luck I guess, but I honestly haven't had too many instances of spawning in to an unfair situation.

Try assault class and operations mode. You get the tools to take out vehicles, some decent guns (love the automatico, it goes brrrrapp and does serious damage) and try Operations mode which condenses the maps into a series of fronts to assault or defend which pushes everyone together a little more and gives a fantastic sense of battle and chaos to proceedings (especially in 64 player) as well as a wonderful ebb/flow attack/retreat dynamic. Also less likely to get shot in the back.

Snipers can be a pain, I'll grant you though.

Hjod

Banned
Man, I don't remember this much ghost capping in conquest.

I was playing Empires Edge with some friends, it was a close match, we had more flags than the opposing team, but there was one dude that constantly managed to sneak in and take the F flag, we would kill him and recapture the flag. But as soon as we left he managed to sneak back and start capping it. Was annoying as hell, but props to the dude for being so sneaky.

Geeze, server disconnected issues again

I'm trying to forward ports but it doesn't seem to be helping at all

What the hell =/

I don't know if it's PSN, my internet, or EA

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Such fucking SHIT

I'm about to punch something

Enemy team digs into bunker in Monte Grapp and THROWS NON STOP GRENADES out entrances. We had no chance. Im literally talking about non stop spam. Fucking horrible

I once had a hilarious spawn right into the bunker while there were like 10 enemies huddled down in there. Got stabbed almost immediately. No clue what the deal is with this spawn system. I've also had it where guys spawn right on the dude I'm shooting. Isn't there supposed to be a system that prevents that?

Bishop89

did they add the bf theme to the main menu just recently?
This is the first time ive heard it since i bought it at launch.

It really needs to loop that.

chiliboy

how do you unlock weapons, I have enough warbonds and it is green, but no option or button to buy?

join a server (empty or full) - customize in the left corner - buy stuff :)
for vehicles you need to select the vehicle first so empty server is good for that

Anyone reckon the' Lewis Gun' is OP, well mainly its really large clip size.

And sprinting with primary weapon or secondary weapon makes no difference in speed you run at.

ColdHoboKiller

Neo Member
Why are shotguns so terrible at close range?
Or am I just terrible?

They only do like 9 damage with a point blank shot but will do like 35 from across a courtyard. Seems really dumb.

Why are shotguns so terrible at close range?
Or am I just terrible?

They only do like 9 damage with a point blank shot but will do like 35 from across a courtyard. Seems really dumb.

The hit marker on the shotty is so weird. Too close and sometimes it feels like the bullets go 'through' them.

I find around 12 feet away is optimal distance for a OHKO

The mark-10 Hunter can OHKO people from a really far distance if it's a dead hit.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Holy shit. The premium battlepack you get ones a month isnt even Superior or Enhanced...
obama-laughing.gif

I saved up 900 scrap. And bought a pack, got the Edelweiss. It doesn't really look any different than the normal skin aside from a stock wrap... Damn. How do the revision work? Is it rotating or are there just going to be constantly new skins?

Theorry

I saved up 900 scrap. And bought a pack, got the Edelweiss. It doesn't really look any different than the normal skin aside from a stock wrap... Damn. How do the revision work? Is it rotating or are there just going to be constantly new skins?

Rotating weekly i believe.

ColdHoboKiller

Neo Member
This game is making me so salty.

These bullshit RNG shotguns are really annoying me and people just running around with a hellriegel like it's CoD.

Think I'm done for the day. Time for some Resi 1.

noomi

I just can't get enough. Have been playing each night for an hour or so, and I just love it.

I get so immersed in the game, the sounds, the design, everything is just top notch.

The TSA anti aliasing method is absolutely the best I think I've ever seen ( yeah I know blur... but still looks great IMO) Not a single jagged edge anywhere.

I just can't get enough. Have been playing each night for an hour or so, and I just love it.

I get so immersed in the game, the sounds, the design, everything is just top notch.

The TSA anti aliasing method is absolutely the best I think I've ever seen ( yeah I know blur... but still looks great IMO) Not a single jagged edge anywhere.

Each operation takes an hour sometimes haha

I am up way too late playing it. Like you I love it.

You claim to have played previous titles in the series but these complaints.....uh they are nothing new to the series

Tecnniqe

Banned
Anyone on PC know wtf happened with the waves last night?

They banned 100s each ~30min at least for a couple hours when I was playing. Seemed way off like some false stat triggering.

Pheace

They banned 100s each ~30min at least for a couple hours when I was playing. Seemed way off like some false stat triggering.

I'd rather assume they found a new cheat configuration that wasn't detected yet and implemented it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'd rather assume they found a new cheat configuration that wasn't detected yet and implemented it.
Unless they somehow ninja added a new AC all they have is a server side stat check which is why the sudden wave seemed so off.

BF4 also had a similar ban around launch but that was PB fucking up I believe.

Hjod

Banned

Are there even that many cheaters on PC? That seems insane that there would be that many.

CHC

Man, bayonet charge.... I'm getting more used to doing it as a reflex and I've had some good kills. But boy does it suck when someone pulls a matador move on you and sidesteps it, only to finish you off immediately after.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

You've played only a couple matches admittedly. Calm the fuck down, every FPS is a meatgrinder until acclimated to simple things like movement, awareness, maps, and classes. Takes time to get the conditioned to the experience, especially the visual cues in such a visually intensive game as this. Give it a chance and don't be sensitive because things don't go your way starting minute 1.

terrible

Banned
That's bizarre. I even tried pressing right on the dpad while sprinting to see if that did it. Nothing. This is a long shot but the controller i've been using is brand new, so maybe there is an older model of controller that causes it to happen? I just can't think of any other explanation for why this would happen to some people but not the others.

Doubt it's the controller since it happens on Xbox One and PS4.

Give it a chance and don't be sensitive because things don't go your way starting minute 1.

I was resisting the urge to post an obligatory 'Git Gud' post....

It's gotta be said though, there is a unique learning curve with this BF. Sometimes even from game to game depending on opponent or map.

I love it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Are there even that many cheaters on PC? That seems insane that there would be that many.
Yeah it seemed off 🤔

In the one domination match both mine and the opposing team more or less stopped playing and typed like "wtf is going on" and "these bans holy shit".
Really hate that the Cavalry class has still more health even when of horse.

PassionateExhaustedDesertpupfish-size_restricted.gif
Its beast. Medical pouch and ammo pouch too.

Much strong
Very pewpew
Such kills

Nuszka

Martini Henry feels like shooting orgasms from the barrel , the sound it makes... Pure bliss. Love this weapon. Scout was never my go to class in battlefield, as i was never a fan of camping , but in B1 i just love it. I only use iron sights on rifles and run in to the fray and ptfo. Medium to semi close combat with my infantry Russian 1895 or martini have never been so satisfying.

Nameless

Amazed how many Calvary run right into to my dynamite traps. Don't B-Line towards a dude just standing there looking at you. I'm not fleeing or shooting for a reason--plus it's literally the Battlefield trick in the book.

Top Bottom