• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, Fao Fortress is unquestionably my least favourite map in the entire roster. Makes me want to auto-quit the moment it comes up.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm kind of curios, have you noticed alot of cheaters?
Only ones that made me wonder was some low rank scouts that constantly headshot me but even then it's not all that hard in this game. Outside that I've yet to actually think anyone's been cheating.
They all die to Jesus-10 too quick to notice probably :3

Hjod

Banned
Only ones that made me wonder was some low rank scouts that constantly headshot me but even then it's not all that hard in this game. Outside that I've yet to actually think anyone's been cheating.
They all die to Jesus-10 too quick to notice probably :3

Haha, that's good to hear.

I think my favorites right now are assault and scout. Assault because I love being an anti-tank person. I love laying traps with the anti-tank mines. On Ballroom Blitz I put them on the entrance to C and the tank was rolling in with like a squad running along side it and they hit the mines. So much death. Also scout with an iron sights rifle feels super good.

Firebrand

Amazed at how many Fairfight bans I see in every game. Wonder if they're dumb enough to waste that money or if they're on hacked accounts / credit cards.

Medals are broken. It only shows me the ones I had last week as soon as I enter a game. Is there a workaround? I don't play Domination because it's fun...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dear DICEy pls fix Operations matchmaking.

thx

blahness

Medals are broken. It only shows me the ones I had last week as soon as I enter a game. Is there a workaround? I don't play Domination because it's fun...

I had this happening when playing Operations all yesterday. It would show the new medals before the game loaded, but last weeks after. After I ended up playing one Conquest match, it appears to have fixed itself.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I love the mode but I hate waiting for it to load only to find out there are 3 people in the game....annoying.

We're bros for life... just for your user name! XD
Great day to be a SNK fanboy!

terrible

Banned
And you just know your team is going to be getting wrecked when you join too. The first round is always a trainwreck, the whole reason why there was a slot open to join is because someone rage quit on the losing team lol.

Lender

Scoreboard at the end of the game is now not loading at all anymore. Just keeps on spinning the loading icon, and it does nothing.

Yeah, I've been loving the cavalry class. You survive for ages and it has the best gun in the game.

Man, I wish I could use that gun with the medic class...

terrible

Banned
Why? Would it mean mortar goes to scout and how that makes sense?

Why would it affect mortars? BF4 they had C4, mortar, claymores, and more. Support class is basically a defensive class, especially with how awful the shot spread is until it tightens up after 5-6 bullets. Not having tripwires hurts support a lot.

Cronnie

I don't know what they were thinking with some of these medal requirements.

For example the one I was working on earlier I need squad suppression assists.

Only my squad can get the kill for it to count, anyone else on my team, then nope it's just a "regular" suppression assist so doesn't count. It's like you end up rooting for the rest of your team to miss their shots so someone in your squad manages to get the kill.

Not to forget suppression assists pretty much require you to miss your target, as getting actual hits results in an assist, rather than a suppression assist.

The medal system definitely needs some tweaking.

Tovarisc

Why would it affect mortars? BF4 they had C4, mortar, claymores, and more. Support class is basically a defensive class, especially with how awful the shot spread is until it tightens up after 5-6 bullets. Not having tripwires hurts support a lot.

What gadget support would get then? What new gadget would fit theme of WW1 because spawn beacon certainly wouldn't? Gadgets have been balanced between classes in BF3 and 4 so it would be somewhat odd to stack them unevenly here. Also it makes sense for scout to have tripwires because if this was real war they would want to tripwire up flanks for early warning.

Easier to get out when you know that you have been found out.

What exactly changes on a scout weapon when you change the number of meters? Shot distance?

It changes zeroing of sights.

What exactly changes on a scout weapon when you change the number of meters? Shot distance?

It's zeroing a weapon. It's trying to line up where the bullet will land in relation to your scope site. Bullets have drop, so depending where you are aiming distance wise, you have to adjust your aim of your scope to match where the bullet is gonna land.

terrible

Banned
What gadget support would get then? What new gadget would fit theme of WW1 because spawn beacon certainly wouldn't? Gadgets have been balanced between classes in BF3 and 4 so it would be somewhat odd to stack them unevenly here. Also it makes sense for scout to have tripwires because if this was real war they would want to tripwire up flanks for early warning.

Easier to get out when you know that you have been found out.

It changes zeroing of sights.

Scout you mean? Why would Support getting the tripwire back mean Scout can't have it too? Again, BF4 had claymores on both classes. BF3 as well I believe but it's been a while since I played and I never went Recon in BF3 so I could be wrong there.

gagecube

Banned
It's zeroing a weapon. It's trying to line up where the bullet will land in relation to your scope site. Bullets have drop, so depending where you are aiming distance wise, you have to adjust your aim of your scope to match where the bullet is gonna land.

This makes sense. Thank's for explaining.

So if I'm shooting at a target that's across the map, I should probably dial it in to 300m?

noomi

For the PC Players....

I'm not able to get free mouse look to work while in a plane, I have it set to mouse2 but instead of being able to actually use free look when I hold down mouse2 a scope with a cross-hair appears.....

Any ideas?

Tecnniqe

Banned
For the PC Players....

I'm not able to get free mouse look to work while in a plane, I have it set to mouse2 but instead of being able to actually use free look when I hold down mouse2 a scope with a cross-hair appears.....

Any ideas?

Is the same key bound to two different things?

This makes sense. Thank's for explaining.

So if I'm shooting at a target that's across the map, I should probably dial it in to 300m?

You want to dial it to as close to the target is in distance. You need to essentially figure out the ranges of the maps (do test shots perhaps), an then depending who you are shooting at, you have to adjust your value to be as close as possible to get the bullet to land as close to the reticle as you can.

Amazed at how many Fairfight bans I see in every game. Wonder if they're dumb enough to waste that money or if they're on hacked accounts / credit cards.

The number has really ramped up now on PC. I saw something like 6 or 7 all at once get banned.

Is it an account ban or just the server?

jaaz

Monte Grappa is fast becoming my favorite map. I've had so many epic battles there, especially at B and D, and C flags. The triangle of death!

Top Bottom