• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

terrible

Banned
Just started playing a lot in the past couple days.

Your probably right. Which is crazy. Dick jokes stop being funny pretty quickly after you hear the first one.

Also saw one of a girl blowing a dude. Surely DICE is gonna step in right? Yea right.

It was super easy to report people with the old battlelog but not anymore. You used to be able to check out a battle report and look at profiles and report anything that was super offensive (racist, etc).

If it's just rude, or explicit images I don't really care as this game has an age rating anyway. If it's racist shit then yeah, they need reporting.

JDB

Banned
Does anyone else feel like there's something slightly off with the mouse controls on PC? I'm having a hard to time aiming while I have no such issues in other shooters. I've messed with my sensitivity, but I just can't help but feel like there's a slight delay or something.

Acinixys

It becomes balance question when shotgun can compete against SMG, LMG and DMR in their respective range windows while killing in 1-2 hits. Shotguns as weapon class are very difficult to balance for any game that tries to achieve goal of giving every weapon class own optimal range windows.

DICE is dogshit at balancing weapons

BF3s un-nerfed FAMAS and the M26 MASS were untouched in their bullshit killing capabilities. And even worse it took them 3 months to fix it

I expect no balances until the end of december or maybe even jan/feb

Also

Does anyone else get that insane bug on Amiens when your whole screen flashes red/yellow and blue. Its only if you look at the C or D flag though

Makes the map basically unplayable for me

Tovarisc

DICE is dogshit at balancing weapons

BF3s un-nerfed FAMAS and the M26 MASS were untouched in their bullshit killing capabilities. And even worse it took them 3 months to fix it

I expect no balances until the end of december or maybe even jan/feb

DICE Stockholm is bottom tier studio when it comes to balancing and maintaining balance in their games. DICE LA was all over that shit and actively and rapidly maintained BF4 balance after fixing it.

Edit: I bet Stockholm leads BF1 balance. They didn't listen to feedback after Alpha. They didn't listen to feedback after Beta. They are barely listening now. Stockholm written all over it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Shotguns are lame. If they aren't going to balance them, then I wish they didn't have them at all.

terrible

Banned
DICE loves making weapons, attachments, and gadgets brutally overpowered only to over-nerf them later. They make it even harder on themselves by being stubborn and wanting guns with similar rounds to do the same damage per shot.

Other than the anti-headglitch garbage and shotguns really being OP for Dom in BF4 they did get things about as perfect as you could hope for eventually though. I expect the same here.

Tovarisc

DICE loves making weapons, attachments, and gadgets brutally overpowered only to over-nerf them later. They make it even harder on themselves by being stubborn and wanting guns with similar rounds to do the same damage per shot.

Other than the anti-headglitch garbage and shotguns really being OP for Dom in BF4 they did get things about as perfect as you could hope for eventually though. I expect the same here.

You realize right that this is maybe most balanced BF since BF4 post DICE LA because they normalized so much of stats withing weapon classes?

You mean shotguns arent snipers?

They are snipers.

terrible

Banned
Why is this suddenly a problem? Compared to BF4 the range is way less.
Is it because there are less guns and more people use it?

The Model 10 seems to be one hit killing at a higher rate than any shotgun in BF4, on top of that the general TTK for guns on average is up compared to BF4 so it makes them seem even stronger too.

Theorry

Maybe it's more people using them. I have definitely gotten sniped by shotguns from ranges I neeeever saw in BF3 or 4.

The Model 10 seems to be one hit killing at a higher rate than any shotgun in BF4, on top of that the general TTK for guns on average is up compared to BF4 so it makes them seem even stronger too.

You could snipe in with flechette further ranges then what you can do now in BF1.
The BF1 model 10 has the damage drop off starting 5m earlier then compared to BF4.

Orcus

Why is this suddenly a problem? Compared to BF4 the range is way less.
Is it because there are less guns and more people use it?
I think it's because we don't have the continuum of super accurate automatic assault/carbine/machine guns that we had in BF3/4. Snipers got a buff, handguns/DMRs/shotguns stayed roughly the same, and therefore they all feel more powerful because without the assault/carbine/machine guns of BF3/4 they are more powerful relatively. Although TTK might have increased in BF1, the accuracy of most people "main" weapons have not.

Tovarisc

CQ is quickly turning into flaming pile of garbage. Making KDR matter removed all comeback mechanics from it. If your team is 100-200 tickets down 5-10 minutes in then you are 100-200 tickets down 40 minutes in. In alpha and beta you at least could flip it by being better at holding caps even if your team didn't have squad of KDR 5+ farmers.

Theorry

The shotguns in BF4 are pretty inconsistent by comparison though.

People are talking the last pages also about inconsistent shotguns.

I think it's because we don't have the continuum of super accurate automatic assault/carbine/machine guns that we had in BF3/4. Snipers got a buff, handguns/DMRs/shotguns stayed roughly the same, and therefore they all feel more powerful because without the assault/carbine/machine guns of BF3/4 they are more powerful relatively. Although TTK might have increased in BF1, the accuracy of most people "main" weapons have not.

It doesnt matter really. You still have one shot to kill somebody most of the times otherwise you are dead. The model 10 wich is the most powerfull and slowest shooting is even slower then the 870 shotgun from BF4 and has less damage and range. So imo they are nerfed to be more in line for BF1.

JJShadow

Easy and quick question from a Battlefield newbie: in which maps are close range weapons favoured? (And the same for longe range weapons)

Tecnniqe

Banned
BATTLEFIELD 1 SONG - Pawns Of War by Miracle Of Sound

Crazy Spanish Guy said:
The Great War... the war to end all wars, the conflict that saw man and machine clash at a scale never before seen in our world. A time of unparalleled strife, of debauchery and reckless idiocy, but also of bravery and unbridled courage. Of lions taking to the mud and sand, as well as the sea and air...

A war that ended nothing... but changed everything.

This song is not just about Battlefield 1. It´s about all those "Pawns of War" who gave their lives on either side, who trudged through such a hellscape and sacrificed so much for such little gain. Thank you for this song, Gav... really appreciate it.

Never Forget.

You could snipe in with flechette further ranges then what you can do now in BF1.
The BF1 model 10 has the damage drop off starting 5m earlier then compared to BF4.

I'm not denying that shotguns were technically more powerful in previous games, I'm just saying they were never a problem like they seem to be now. You don't weapon balance based on theory, you balance based on practice.

Tecnniqe

Banned
More I play BF1 more I hate audio design of the game. Worst FPS audio design in long time.

8dsfV8R.gif

Hobbes211

More I play BF1 more I hate audio design of the game. Worst FPS audio design in long time.

You'll have to expand on that a bit. Do you mean you can't tell where shots are being fired from or something? I've had no issue with anything audio related and I think it sounds pretty great to be honest.

Tovarisc

Exaggerate much?

You'll have to expand on that a bit. Do you mean you can't tell where shots are being fired from or something? I've had no issue with anything audio related and I think it sounds pretty great to be honest.

Even with headphones setting game provides very poor directional audio and game has very bad audio level priorities. I can hear enemy sniper rifle going off from 30m out, but 1911 shooting at me right in front of me barely makes any sound. Soldier at random yells some random shit that has nothing to do with anything happening within 10m radius.

One can't trust audio for anything in BF1. They clearly wanted make game sound good as first priority, miles ahead of making it support gameplay.

Travecy Abbey(point B) on St. Quentin Scar has got to be the the most hell on earth point to capture.

I swear that most Operations battles stall at that point because it just seems to be so damn difficult to take over even if you have a Airship supporting you. Point is a fucking slaughterhouse.

Not sure why Dice would have to step in to fix anything. There's no immersion to be pulled out of and it's hardly offensive at this point. Censoring stupidity is stupidity.

You may be fine with it, but that doesn't make it okay. It's annoying and yes, immersion breaking. I don't recall British tanks rolling in on German troops with dick decals and Cartmans ass painted on them.

Even with headphones setting game provides very poor directional audio and game has very bad audio level priorities. I can hear enemy sniper rifle going off from 30m out, but 1911 shooting at me right in front of me barely makes any sound. Soldier at random yells some random shit that has nothing to do with anything happening within 10m radius.

One can't trust audio for anything in BF1. They clearly wanted make game sound good as first priority, miles ahead of making it support gameplay.

I've never had this issue, maybe a bug? Battlefield has some amazing sound design.

Tecnniqe

Banned

I can agree the levels seem a bit off indeed.
Mostly foot sounds are low and bit "disorienting" but I somehow manage to make out the approx. area it's coming from.

JDB

Banned
I definitely do feel like footstep audio isn't working at times. The amount of times I've gotten melee'd from behind without hearing anyone even nearby is getting a bit ridiculous.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I definitely do feel like footstep audio isn't working at times. The amount of times I've gotten melee'd from behind without hearing anyone even nearby is getting a bit ridiculous.

Yeah and a few times they even bayonet charge too. 0 sound in a otherwise quiet area.

Outside of these issues its on point.

Top Bottom