• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Tovarisc

What the fuck DICE has done to CQ. If team caps all flags on the map they get 1 ticket / second. That is ludicrous speed of gaining tickets and basically murders all dreams of comeback right into womb.

Retarded design. Wasn't like this pre-release.

WillyFive

Anyone else playing with a controller on PC? What settings are you running?

I have it on 60% sensitivity, just to keep up with the super fast turn speeds of KB+M players; and switched the analog sticks for planes so that you can control the plane with the left stick and have throttle in the right one. Also, I have sprint as toggle, because it feels awful to sprint while holding down the analog stick.

I love to come home after a long day at uni, kick up and enjoy.

I'd love to play with some Gaf'ers on the PS4!
Join the neogaf battlefield 1 community!
You must not be looking lol. Even when we were playing together In those few matches I saw about 5-10.

I've seen at least 100 overall in my time. About level 30 now.
no way. I don't believe you! I think that was the only time I seem a dick emblem.
maybe I just toned it out :/

P.s we should play this weekend :3

jaaz

What the fuck DICE has done to CQ. If team caps all flags on the map they get 1 ticket / second. That is ludicrous speed of gaining tickets and basically murders all dreams of comeback right into womb.

Retarded design. Wasn't like this pre-release.

Well, capping all of the enemy flags is an accomplishment and really only doable with a good, coordinated team. A team that pulls it off deserves to gain a lot of tickets fast as a reward. Besides, no team can really maintain it for long, as the flag next to the enemy spawn will usually fall quickly, so the fast tickets gained will be limited.

And frankly, a team that allows the enemy to cap all of its flags is rarely good enough to make a comeback. Better to move on to the next game.

The Flash

Banned
I have it on 60% sensitivity, just to keep up with the super fast turn speeds of KB+M players; and switched the analog sticks for planes so that you can control the plane with the left stick and have throttle in the right one. Also, I have sprint as toggle, because it feels awful to sprint while holding down the analog stick.

60% for "soldier" sensitivity? You joshing me. That's way too high for me especially since there isn't any auto aim.

Redders

Servers down on PS4 for anyone else? Just logged in for a few games but cant connect.

Edit. Restarted PS4 and it works now.

Trojan

How do people feel about Fao Fortress?

Overall I'd say it's the worst map of the bunch. I used to think Suez was the worst this time around but at least there's something going on and it's a fast paced game. Fao feels huge and empty. Rarely does the combat move past B, E and F. The Dreadnought also doesn't help that map out at all because it's easily the most underpowered event in the game and a few people in boats can take it down fairly quickly.

I know I'm in the minority but I really like Fao Fortress and Sinai Desert. Fao Fortress has a great dynamic with points E and F being well-fortified but lots of points of entry. You can take a strategy of entirely avoiding the fortress and focusing on the short distance between the other objectives, or storm the castle and have a big advantage with high-elevation sniping positions.

I think Suez is showing its flaws after initially thinking it was fine.

Tovarisc

Well, capping all of the enemy flags is an accomplishment and really only doable with a good, coordinated team. A team that pulls it off deserves to gain a lot of tickets fast as a reward. Besides, no team can really maintain it for long, as the flag next to the enemy spawn will usually fall quickly, so the fast tickets gained will be limited.

And frankly, a team that allows the enemy to cap all of its flags is rarely good enough to make a comeback. Better to move on to the next game.

You don't need good nor coordinated team for that. You are so overselling BF PUB's. Considering currently 4 out of 5 games in BF1 CQ are roflstomp fests where another team loses usually by margin of 300 points I don't think we need take away all dreams of any sort comeback.

In Alpha I was in many games where team momentarily lost control of whole map, was able to adjust and regroud and comeback to victory. Back then controlling all points didn't give you 100+ ticket lead in matter of seconds like now. It's demoralizing and brain dead design to push ticket gains to such extreme that other team is 100% guaranteed to lose moment they lose control.

Edit: Mind boggling how great CQ from Alpha went to this shitshow of CQ in few months

I know I'm in the minority but I really like Fao Fortress and Sinai Desert. Fao Fortress has a great dynamic with points E and F being well-fortified but lots of points of entry. You can take a strategy of entirely avoiding the fortress and focusing on the short distance between the other objectives, or storm the castle and have a big advantage with high-elevation sniping positions.

I think Suez is showing its flaws after initially thinking it was fine.

+1 for Sinai. That map gets too much hate.

Fao is a toss up. If too many teammates camp the fortress, it's a shit map. No one helps cap, and the enemy usually ends up holding the leftovers.

If enough camp the fortress, they at least protect it, and you have enough others capping other flags. In that scenario, the fortress acts as a strategic flag to hold.

I like the map for two reasons:

1) The fortress feels like a genuinely fun place to hold and capture. We need more flags that are like this, and not just some open plot of land. Id love more flags that are underground bunkers for example.

2) I love that many of the flags are accessible by boat. Id still like a map with better naval gameplay, but this map does it fine.

Snipers pop up like rabbits on maps like Fao, and it can be frustrating if they dont help out. I think one of the flaws as to why this is, is because the fortress overlooks the rest of the map, and that just encourages sniping.

It would be nice if the fortress itself was more limited in its range.

jaaz

You don't need good nor coordinated team for that. You are so overselling BF PUB's. Considering currently 4 out of 5 games in BF1 CQ are roflstomp fests where another team loses usually by margin of 300 points I don't think we need take away all dreams of any sort comeback.

In Alpha I was in many games where team momentarily lost control of whole map, was able to adjust and regroud and comeback to victory. Back then controlling all points didn't give you 100+ ticket lead in matter of seconds like now. It's demoralizing and brain dead design to push ticket gains to such extreme that other team is 100% guaranteed to lose moment they lose control.

Edit: Mind boggling how great CQ from Alpha went to this shitshow of CQ in few months

That hasn't been my experience. I have close to a 100 hours into the game and play either CQ or Operations exclusively. I've been in maybe 5-8 games total where a team managed to cap all of the enemy flags, and in all of them, never held all of the flags for longer than a few minutes--if that. BF1 has some problems, but I don't feel this is a particular egregious one. The problem with the lack of comebacks isn't due to a team capping all of the flags and the counter going faster, it's due to the change away from ticket bleed. If you want to increase the likelihood of comebacks, that's the drum you should be pounding.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
That hasn't been my experience. I have close to a 100 hours into the game and play either CQ or Operations exclusively. I've been in maybe 5-8 games total where a team managed to cap all of the enemy flags, and in all of them, never held all of the flags for longer than a few minutes--if that. BF1 has some problems, but I don't feel this is a particular egregious one. The problem with the lack of comebacks isn't due to a team capping all of the flags and the counter going faster, it's due to the change away from ticket bleed. If you want to increase the likelihood of comebacks, that's the drum you should be pounding.

Bingo.

Tovarisc

People seem to somehow not understand that it's basically what CQ now is, after cry babies got their way about KDR not mattering in beta. Tickets just bleed upwards instead of downwards.

I have over 200 hours in BF1 if we count alpha and beta hours too, post-release hours around 60. Release version of CQ is worst and most mind numbing iteration of CQ I have played in BF1. I don't remember any match post-release where another team was able to comeback from being 150-200 tickets down, that difference usually lasts through whole game after first 10 minutes. Usually not for lack of trying, but if another team is just more efficient in killing they will win. Been at both sides of that equation and makes for boring games. Big reason why I have never been huge fan on CQ, KDR matters too much.

Hence why I was happy when KDR stopped mattering in BF1 Alpha. By playing objectives well you could get healthy lead, but same time if opposing team was able to regroup and play well they would come back. Now comebacks just aren't a thing.

Lender

Yeah, I got lucky here...

giphy.gif

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
God, I still have not been able to play a complete round of CQ on Sinai. Everytime I get disconnected from the servers half way through a match.

I don't think I'm going to ever get support to level 10. I do fine with him but he's so damn boring to me and it feel like it take five times longer to level than any other class

Wooo! I was death incarnate reigning down hellfire like a competent twitch streamer tonight........... for like 2 maps

Then i was back to my usual shitty self :/

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If you're on PS4 you can do this in the console's Accessibility settings

Yeah, that's what I've been doing for now. Small pain when going between games though. Just seems silly not to have it. Hardline had it. Pretty sure 4 did too, at least at some point. How hard can it be?

DaciaJC

Gold Member
People seem to somehow not understand that it's basically what CQ now is, after cry babies got their way about KDR not mattering in beta. Tickets just bleed upwards instead of downwards.

I have over 200 hours in BF1 if we count alpha and beta hours too, post-release hours around 60. Release version of CQ is worst and most mind numbing iteration of CQ I have played in BF1. I don't remember any match post-release where another team was able to comeback from being 150-200 tickets down, that difference usually lasts through whole game after first 10 minutes. Usually not for lack of trying, but if another team is just more efficient in killing they will win. Been at both sides of that equation and makes for boring games. Big reason why I have never been huge fan on CQ, KDR matters too much.

Hence why I was happy when KDR stopped mattering in BF1 Alpha. By playing objectives well you could get healthy lead, but same time if opposing team was able to regroup and play well they would come back. Now comebacks just aren't a thing.

1. People, at least here on GAF, were requesting that revives more directly impact a team's score as has been the case since BF2. That's achieved by implementing ticket loss from getting kills (or more specifically, forcing enemy players to respawn). The primary desire wasn't to reward kill-farmers but rather to place more important on reviving. One and the same thing, you might argue, but I guess you can't have one without the other.

2. There is no ticket bleed in BF1. Direction of ticket counts is irrelevant here. If one team holds a majority of the flags, then it does not block the other team from continuing to accrue tickets, hence "bleed" does not exist.

3. Comebacks were very rare pre-release, too. You only have to read the beta thread to see the numerous complaints about matches constantly being decided within the first ten minutes, even after DICE increased the round timer. It's no different post-release. Unless your team manages to sweep the other team completely off the map, taking all flags (and I agree with jaaz here, that only rarely occurs except maybe in Suez, which is an awful map to begin with, and when it does happen, it usually doesn't last for more than a couple of minutes), the enemy is still going to be raising its score, perhaps just enough to maintain the lead until they reach 1000.

4. In contrast, comebacks happened all the time in previous Battlefield games ... because ticket bleed was a thing. If your team gets its shit together and caps a majority of the flag and holds that majority, you're going to see the ticket differential reduced or maybe even swing in your favor, because the enemy is suffering attrition from not only deaths but also ticket bleed; and if the rates of ticket bleed are properly set, then the loss of tickets from your team due to deaths usually will not be enough to outweigh the combined deaths+bleed effect for the enemy, even if they are outgunning you.

redhot_

I'm curious who at Dice thought it was a smart idea to not let you create your own squad if the friend you joined is in a full one.

Great, now I can't play more than 10 minutes without getting disconnected from the server for absolutely no reason. I'm playing on PC ... anyone else getting this?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why in the fuck do I have to join a game to unlock weapons? What a stupid fucking poorly explained set up.

To use their companion/Battlelog replacement. I agree, it's fucking moronic.

Also as much as I hate the Battlepickups they lifted from Battlefront 3: I fucking love the tank sniper. People sleeping on that shit in the beta but you can easily take tanks out and so long as someone resupplies or heals your ass, you're neigh unstoppable if it's in good hands.

I took out like 3-4 tanks in Rush just picking that up, plunking my ass down in a good sight line and the tanks had no clue who was killing them.

WillyFive

These fracked medal things should be the first things to go with an update. They are ruining the game.

Great, now I can't play more than 10 minutes without getting disconnected from the server for absolutely no reason. I'm playing on PC ... anyone else getting this?

Has been happening to me since the release version of the game.

Top Bottom