• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

hurzelein

Have one of these Hellfighter Preorder Codes that I won't use.
Amazon UK, so I'm not sure if it works for the US etc.

First come, first serve:
R7RK-CDNQ-674A

Are there any disadvantages to using bipods? Otherwise the "marksman" class of weapons kinda seems obsolete once the sniper class is unlocked.

Guys I need your help. Ever since this afternoon my PS4 and especially BF1 have been completely broken latency-wise. I am uploading a video to youtube and will post it here when it is done.

I cant partychat and when I get into a game on BF1 I rubberband everywhere until I DC. My network is fine. My connection is fine. My PS4 is wired to router and is on DMZ. It is driving me insane because no matter what I try it will not fix it. I will take any suggestion to get it working again!!!

I have tried factory resetting ps4, unplugging router, unplugging everything and plugging back in, messing with MTU, messing with DNS servers but no luck...

Pretty cool emblem my wife designed for me. Y D for the initials of my Gamertag and a tank and plane to conquer by land and my air

screenshot_20161101-2yakjb.png

*Rookie at adding image

Guys I need your help. Ever since this afternoon my PS4 and especially BF1 have been completely broken latency-wise. I am uploading a video to youtube and will post it here when it is done.

I cant partychat and when I get into a game on BF1 I rubberband everywhere until I DC. My network is fine. My connection is fine. My PS4 is wired to router and is on DMZ. It is driving me insane because no matter what I try it will not fix it. I will take any suggestion to get it working again!!!

I have tried factory resetting ps4, unplugging router, unplugging everything and plugging back in, messing with MTU, messing with DNS servers but no luck...
Are other games affected as well?

TheFatMan

They need a five minute mandatory tutorial on how to use and receive revives in this game.

I swear to god no one lets me revive, and medics run past me almost constantly without reviving me.

It's probably the worst aspect of this game, and it's completely peoples fault :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lsfjklfdkjsdf. The crash always happens when things are going well, I should just avoid Mt Grappa and Ballroom I suppose.

I haven't had a crash. But I have had a horrible memory leak and frame-dive to where the game becomes unplayable and my computer nearly unresponsive. :/ I have no clue what causes it, but it's driving me crazy.

Firebrand

I haven't had a crash. But I have had a horrible memory leak and frame-dive to where the game becomes unplayable and my computer nearly unresponsive. :/ I have no clue what causes it, but it's driving me crazy.

That sucks. Sounds like something is eating up your CPU cycles. Long shot but try adding a exception to or disabling Windows Defender / whatever antivirus you're running. WD has been messing with Civ 6 lately. I guess that wouldn't help if it's a mem leak though.

Trojan

War Pigeons is such a weird mode. Played 3 rounds and never really felt like it was that fun. It's also just hilarious hearing the announcer tell you "a pigeon is available" and then 20 dudes rush in guns blazing to find that winged rat.

Pretty cool emblem my wife designed for me. Y D for the initials of my Gamertag and a tank and plane to conquer by land and my air

screenshot_20161101-2yakjb.png

*Rookie at adding image

Be careful with that eagle though, if you use it in a WW2 game everyone is going to call you a Nazi =/

Otherwise it's pretty good!

Be careful with that eagle though, if you use it in a WW2 game everyone is going to call you a Nazi =/

Otherwise it's pretty good!
Why should he? The eagle was used by the S.P.Q.R. at roman times and the Wehrmacht was not a nazi army.

To the matter at hand, fantastic work on this design.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Was on an awesome attacking team in the Iron Walls Operations campaign and even STILL we couldn't quite manage to cap all the sectors in the second half, Empire's Edge.

I really think the attackers need at least one more chance to capture objectives, but preferably two more for a total of five instead of three. As it stands it is nearly impossible to defeat even the most bare minimum of competent defenders. :/

Was on an awesome attacking team in the Iron Walls Operations campaign and even STILL we couldn't quite manage to cap all the sectors in the second half, Empire's Edge.

I really think the attackers need at least one more chance to capture objectives, but preferably two more for a total of five instead of three. As it stands it is nearly impossible to defeat even the most bare minimum of competent defenders. :/
64 or 40 players? I have manage to win as an attacker on 40 players but never as an attacker for 64 players server.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
64 or 40 players? I have manage to win as an attacker on 40 players but never as an attacker for 64 players server.

We got up to the second to last sector on Empire's Edge, but we wasted all three of our reinforcements on Monte Grappa.

I think they will balance that when the next operations come up online on the DLC.

People seem to somehow not understand that it's basically what CQ now is, after cry babies got their way about KDR not mattering in beta. Tickets just bleed upwards instead of downwards.

I have over 200 hours in BF1 if we count alpha and beta hours too, post-release hours around 60. Release version of CQ is worst and most mind numbing iteration of CQ I have played in BF1. I don't remember any match post-release where another team was able to comeback from being 150-200 tickets down, that difference usually lasts through whole game after first 10 minutes. Usually not for lack of trying, but if another team is just more efficient in killing they will win. Been at both sides of that equation and makes for boring games. Big reason why I have never been huge fan on CQ, KDR matters too much.

Hence why I was happy when KDR stopped mattering in BF1 Alpha. By playing objectives well you could get healthy lead, but same time if opposing team was able to regroup and play well they would come back. Now comebacks just aren't a thing.

Why do you keep saying this?

I dont know if Im missing something, but without ticket bleed (which BF1 does not have) and without revives refunding tickets, Conquest in BF1 is just utter trash.

It is an absolute gutting of a core component of Battlefield, and it upsets me that no one seems to care. i cant believe that they would actually do this and get away with it

The only way it would be like old CQ is if one team DIDNT get points, even if they did hold flags, and that the team with more flags were the ONLY ones getting points.

That would be the old CQ counting up. What we have now is not that at all. It's just a really shitty Domination mode

Yep 64 players operations needs some major changes. Never won as an attacker on any of the operations.

I think when the lives run out that whichever attackers are alive should get to keep playing until they're killed. Give them a little edge in close games. Obviously they would all have to be marked after 30 seconds or something so they can't hide indefinitely.

Machina

Banned
Fao Fortress kind of sucks. Way too one sided, too many snipers, impossible to move on anything.

It's funny how wildly varying people's opinions of the maps in this game can be because I have the complete opposite view of Fao while most people seem to like Monte Grappa while I'm hating it at the moment.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Why do you keep saying this?

I dont know if Im missing something, but without ticket bleed (which BF1 does not have) and without revives refunding tickets, Conquest in BF1 is just utter trash.

It is an absolute gutting of a core component of Battlefield, and it upsets me that no one seems to care. i cant believe that they would actually do this and get away with it

The only way it would be like old CQ is if one team DIDNT get points, even if they did hold flags, and that the team with more flags were the ONLY ones getting points.

That would be the old CQ counting up. What we have now is not that at all. It's just a really shitty Domination mode

Have to agree. Not a fan of the change, especially as a medic.

Hjod

Banned
They need a five minute mandatory tutorial on how to use and receive revives in this game.

I swear to god no one lets me revive, and medics run past me almost constantly without reviving me.

It's probably the worst aspect of this game, and it's completely peoples fault :)

I just started playing Medic, I've mostly been playing support, but I wanted to rank Medic to rank 2 cause it's my last trophy needed for the platinum. I'm running smoke grenades, medic box and revive syringe and I'm raking in the points. Sure I get more points playing as support as there are more Medics than Support usually, but I don't know why people play Medic if they just are going to use the class as an assault based class, sure it works but you don't get that many points doing so and it's not that helpful to your team.

But when I was ranking up my Scout I would run dry on ammo all the time, no one supplied me with ammo, and I use the spot flares a lot, they are kinda helpful to the team. I used spot flares on Suarez(?) and holy shit at the amount of points I got.

It's sad to see that people play this game like every other shooter out there, you can have tanks roaming for long periods of time and no one bothers to take it out, the opposing team can hold the two flags closest to your spawn but nobody cares to take them back, they are busy fighting at the two middle flags or the choke point, spamming grenades, and it sucks. It won't ruin the game for me cause I have a squad of friends to play with. But if I were playing solo, man.

chiliboy

Janky, but satisfying.

Where were you yesterday Tec!? Me and Quiet were wrecking shit up with both running cavalry, it is so good. The gun is almost the same as the Russian trench variant for scout class, its sooo good for an aggressive scout. I also got my hands on a sentry kit which I used to duo with Quiets cavalry, we wrecked so hard xD We actually won all 3 maps on Arabia operation as attackers :O

Just got my first Legendary skin and puzzle piece from a battlepack. Guessing there's no way to trade them? I don't really care about gun skins.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Where were you yesterday Tec!? Me and Quiet were wrecking shit up with both running cavalry, it is so good. The gun is almost the same as the Russian trench variant for scout class, its sooo good for an aggressive scout. I also got my hands on a sentry kit which I used to duo with Quiets cavalry, we wrecked so hard xD We actually won all 3 maps on Arabia operation as attackers :O
Yo I was watching a movie about Traitors and fell asleep cause work RIPed me so hard.

Cav is insane off horse. More HP, self heal and ammo, 2-3 hit kill weapon that fires as fast as you click.

Ezpz cleanup crew, but I told you that when I went like 100-20 that one time :p

chiliboy

Yo I was watching a movie about Traitors and fell asleep cause work RIPed me so hard.

Cav is insane off horse. More HP, self heal and ammo, 2-3 hit kill weapon that fires as fast as you click.

Ezpz cleanup crew, but I told you that when I went like 100-20 that one time :p

All good love, I feel ya :D Haha yeah, we just hadnt tried it properly before. We got sick of their team consisting of mortars and snipers, the cav beats them hands down.
Lets rock later tonight?

Cryxo93

Banned
I keep having some of by best games on PS4 in Operations and then losing all my gains by suddenly disconnecting. It happens way too often.

Tecnniqe

Banned
All good love, I feel ya :D Haha yeah, we just hadnt tried it properly before. We got sick of their team consisting of mortars and snipers, the cav beats them hands down.
Lets rock later tonight?
Depends when later tonight is, just @me on discord so I get a notofication and we'll see ;)

Just got my first Legendary skin and puzzle piece from a battlepack. Guessing there's no way to trade them? I don't really care about gun skins.

You can scrap them for coins which you can use to buy more battlepacks

I got a sweet Revolver one last night called 'red' something. Looks nice.

Sad feels I can't use it on Assault class...... Thanks DICE

Theorry

Was having look what my most played classes are in the last Battlefields.

BF3

Engineer
Assault
Support
Recon

BF4

Assault
Engineer
Support
Recon

BFH

Operator (assault)
Mechanic
Support
Recon

BF1

Assault (engineer)
Support
Medic
Scout

So last night I had a great night on BF1

Me and a Buddy as a team are seriously destructive....

We held the opponent on the desert level at the first section and for the first time EVER we actually won Iron Walls as the attacking side.... first time I've ever seen that happen.

Here is a few tips I've discovered from hammering assault

Model 10 Hunter shotgun is amazing...
If you quickscope with it you can actually OHKO pretty much everyone and it does good damage against Sentry and Cavalry. I could take them out single handedly.
The range on the Model 10 is deceiving. ADS with a quickscope type move you can kill SMG users in a one on one battle...

Tanks:
Using the tank grenade is all well and good but the quickest way to take out a tank....
Dynamite. You can pretty much disable one side of it with one blast and a couple tank grenades or another dynamite will take it out - fast

The double team of a support and an assault (me and my friend) can hold positions structured positions...

So last night I had a great night on BF1

Me and a Buddy as a team are seriously destructive....

We held the opponent on the desert level at the first section and for the first time EVER we actually won Iron Walls as the attacking side.... first time I've ever seen that happen.

Here is a few tips I've discovered from hammering assault

Model 10 Hunter shotgun is amazing...
If you quickscope with it you can actually OHKO pretty much everyone and it does good damage against Sentry and Cavalry. I could take them out single handedly.
The range on the Model 10 is deceiving. ADS with a quickscope type move you can kill SMG users in a one on one battle...

Tanks:
Using the tank grenade is all well and good but the quickest way to take out a tank....
Dynamite. You can pretty much disable one side of it with one blast and a couple tank grenades or another dynamite will take it out - fast

The double team of a support and an assault (me and my friend) can hold positions structured positions...
Yeah I started using the Jesus 10-A bless and I am having fun with it alot! Took me awhile to get a hang of it.

BTW do I have you on PS4 iirc? PSN and Origin are the same as my GAF name,

In honor of Tecnniqe, RIP
2016-11-02.png

Top Bottom