• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I don't know why but for my personal benefits I'd play the sniper, because I get kills with the class.
For the benefit of my team I'd rather play medic (revive people, giving out health packs) or assault (taking down tanks), but my K/D just sucks when I use those and I barely kill anyone.

THEaaron

Need to take out the light tank. That shit too fast and OP. Nerf it. It shouldn't take more than 2 AT grenade to destroy it.

What? Never. How would you think this is a good idea that a single assault just kills a light tank with 2 grenades?

Tanks are more fragile than ever. Balance is pretty good there, imho.

ronco2000

What? Never. How would you think this is a good idea that a single assault just kills a light tank with 2 grenades?

Tanks are more fragile than ever. Balance is pretty good there, imho.

Because it is OP. I guess you won't be using if it's nerf. i used 2 AT grenade and 2 rocket and still standing.

Because it is OP. I guess you won't be using if it's nerf. i used 2 AT grenade and 2 rocket and still standing.

Silly man.

Dynamite charges on the tracks will disable any tank's tracks in one hit.
Another dynamite charge will disable the whole tank.

A tank grenade or two will finish it off.

Trust me, I had tanks running away from me last night and about 6 other gaffers can back me up haha

I just can't seem to get into this game, what am I missing here? Every single time I spawn I'm dead in seconds. No matter where I spawn. And in the rare times I'm not constantly dead and do well, it's never enough to make a big difference on my team and we still lose.

Man. I really want to like this game. But it really, I just want Bad Company 2 back.

Once again guys, anyone on PS4 wants to play from 10PM UK time send a FR to Luvs_2_Squidge.

We have a community chat set up with around 20 people in it so full parties of 8 are likely!

Last night we went on and played three maps.

After a poor start to attacking Iron Walls we very quickly overpowered and swept the opponent without losing a single attack phase.....
Pankratous, Seldomly Jambon etc.... we all smashed it.

Then we went on to Fao Fortress defending and the opponent didn't get a single sector. Chasing the opponent back to their spawn line and constantly destroying tanks. Fantastic medic by Redders25

Then we went on Kaiserslacht.... This was a far harder slog. The enemy encamped well - a much sterner test. We won on the final section with ZERO TICKETS.

Honestly... the eruption of cheers and laughter from the party was my favourite BF1 moment yet.

All 8 of us were in the top ten for every game we played

I will be on at 10pm UK time again.... leading the charge! haha

Maximus P

I just can't seem to get into this game, what am I missing here? Every single time I spawn I'm dead in seconds. No matter where I spawn. And in the rare times I'm not constantly dead and do well, it's never enough to make a big difference on my team and we still lose.

Man. I really want to like this game. But it really, I just want Bad Company 2 back.

I wish I could give you advice, but it's very hard to stay alive in this even when your in cover.

Here is a clip of me being insta-killed, from 200 yards, while prone, behind a wall for example...

http://xboxclips.com/He4rt/3f04706d-dfab-43df-82d1-4d31db63bcc2/embed

It can be kind of annoying.

Trust me, I had tanks running away from me last night and about 6 other gaffers can back me up haha

We were taking out tanks like nothing last night - never seen so many so quickly destroyed. I use the AT Rocket Gun instead of Dynamite and managed to pull off some long range tank destruction. SO SATISFYING.

We were taking out tanks like nothing last night - never seen so many so quickly destroyed. I use the AT Rocket Gun instead of Dynamite and managed to pull off some long range tank destruction. SO SATISFYING.

The only time they were an issue was on the hilltop in their territory on Fao Fortress but even then we suicide ran into their territory to blow them up haha

You are a machine mate!

Xyber

All it takes is 2-3 people working together and you can destroy tanks all day. Tanks will be downright useless if Dice gives in to the people who think they are OP now.

All it takes is 2-3 people working together and you can destroy tanks all day. Tanks will be downright useless if Dice gives in to the people who think they are OP now.

I stand by the fact that one person can do it.

Two dynamite charges - completely disable it.
Two Tank grenades - should destroy it completely
Last resort - stick grenade.

When 2 or 3 people do it, it's an instant destruction

Xater

The main problem is still tha tnot enough people play Assault trying to take out tanks. If they would start switching from their useless sniper to an assault when needed they would realize that tanks are not OP.

Hawkie

Once again guys, anyone on PS4 wants to play from 10PM UK time send a FR to Luvs_2_Squidge.

We have a community chat set up with around 20 people in it so full parties of 8 are likely!

Last night we went on and played three maps.

After a poor start to attacking Iron Walls we very quickly overpowered and swept the opponent without losing a single attack phase.....
Pankratous, Seldomly Jambon, iRAWRasaurus etc.... we all smashed it.

Then we went on to Fao Fortress defending and the opponent didn't get a single sector. Chasing the opponent back to their spawn line and constantly destroying tanks. Fantastic medic by Redders25

Then we went on Kaiserslacht.... This was a far harder slog. The enemy encamped well - a much sterner test. We won on the final section with ZERO TICKETS.

Honestly... the eruption of cheers and laughter from the party was my favourite BF1 moment yet.

All 8 of us were in the top ten for every game we played

I will be on at 10pm UK time again.... leading the charge! haha

Good games fellas. That Dreadnought, though :)

THEaaron

The main problem is still tha tnot enough people play Assault trying to take out tanks. If they would start switching from their useless sniper to an assault when needed they would realize that tanks are not OP.

Yeah, you get totally wrecked from just 3 assault guys when you are in a tank. Dunno how it would be a good idea to make it even easier for them. In a regular situation a single person should not have a good chance of taking a tank down. The tank driver has to make horrible mistakes in order to get taken down from a single assault guy.

chiliboy

A lot could be helped if you got some kind of little cam of your squadmates view like in BF4 so you can see how the situation is, can help a bit. Also try to spawn on flags / spawn rather than teammates if they are close to enemies / tanks / spotted stuff and you are unable to communicate with them through VOIP beforehand. It is often not safe.

The dying after running around corners is annoying yes, its back from BF4..
Try to flank a lot, prone a lot, take it slower. Dont rush, take your time, aim and outmaneouver your enemies.

Read this also for more tips: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/5axzmo/tips_tricks_faq_more_megathread/

Good night with a bunch of you and maybe the most intense end to an Operations match. :')

Can say that again, bit of a sweat on.

Just ended a game with a full squad of 8. 6 of us gaffers.

Absolute destruction and a zero tickets win on kaiserslacht.

3 out of 3 and topping the leader board every time

We are gaf. We are many.

Luvs_2_Squidge for anyone else on ps4 interested.

See you tomorrow at ten lads

Good times lads. End of that last one was a proper cheek clencher. Whole attacking Op decided on literally the zero ticket... Was madmans dodgeball with that final grenade spam coming through the windows. Too much fun.

Tonight's gonna be grand.

In a regular situation a single person should not have a good chance of taking a tank down. .

Hi I'm Disagree Guy

Good games fellas. That Dreadnought, though :)

We'll figure out a way to take it down easy

Good times lads. End of that last one was a proper cheek clencher. Whole attacking Op decided on literally the zero ticket... Was madmans dodgeball with that final grenade spam coming through the windows. Too much fun.

Tonight's gonna be grand.

I know man! I kept saying 'We aren't gonna win this one boys' then that eruption of cheers when we did.... Classic

Yeah man see you tonight for sure! Conquer Hell next in the cycle - let's see how badly we smash that.

I stand by the fact that one person can do it.

Two dynamite charges - completely disable it.
Two Tank grenades - should destroy it completely
Last resort - stick grenade.

When 2 or 3 people do it, it's an instant destruction

True story. Seeing them actually run away from you is a hilarious thing. They learn pretty quickly.

True story. Seeing them actually run away from you is a hilarious thing. They learn pretty quickly.

I actually started going 'Oh yes! A tank's coming!' hahaha

Once other people started getting in on it too it was a race to blow them up! hahahah

Watching 2 or 3 people scurry up to a tank all holding dynamite is the funniest thing to see on BF1

bosseye

Is there some trick to the Rocket Gun I'm missing? I never seem to do much damage with it and I've never managed to destroy a tank with one; disabled but not destroyed. It's more effective for me to get in close with dynamite or AT grenades.

Mines are awesome though, but I'm finding it increasingly hard to predict where tanks will go. Less people driving blindly towards the flag these days. Speaking of, where are the best spots to put mines? In the tunnel on Grappa often catches out the unwary.

Seems like you had a good fun last night , unfortunately i couldn't make it. Will do my best to hop on tonight.

Last night was the best night of BF1 I've had yet. Playing with a full party is brilliant.
We have enough gaffers conscripted that we might be able to run two full parties so keep an eye on the group chat on ps4 and you'll see what's up :)

As usual - if you see my party open just hop in.

Mines are awesome though, but I'm finding it increasingly hard to predict where tanks will go. Less people driving blindly towards the flag these days. Speaking of, where are the best spots to put mines? In the tunnel on Grappa often catches out the unwary.

Inside buildings on Kaiserslacht - Not only does it kill people but it removes camp spots

On that note - the versatile dynamite is also amazing for blowing up sniper camping buildings like windmills and houses. It obliterates that shit.

Easily the best night I've had so far, makes up for all the crap teammates suffered when playing solo.

Mine actually increased last night ;)

You are by far the best medic I've seen yet. You actually shouted at people for fast-spawning haha
Those tickets were so valuable on Kaiserslacht when you and my boy Nitro2buggy (daz) ran medic that was arguably the reason we won.

Zero ticket win.....

That Operations clutch + cheering was the most fun moment I've had on multiplayer in a long time.

You and me both mate. I got into bed and started telling my wife all about it.

A couple of really short clips I finally got around to editing together from the open beta.
I'm recording so much stuff that I need to put together into "Battlefield Moments" montages. Been having so many of them.

Such a blast!

Redders

You are by far the best medic I've seen yet. You actually shouted at people for fast-spawning haha
Those tickets were so valuable on Kaiserslacht when you and my boy Nitro2buggy (daz) ran medic that was arguably the reason we won.

Zero ticket win.....

Haha cheers, saving those tickets massively helped. Will be hard to replicate that again!

Another note, I don't think I've seen any assaults as proficient at killing tanks as you last night.

Haha cheers, saving those tickets massively helped. Will be hard to replicate that again!

Another note, I don't think I've seen any assaults as proficient at killing tanks as you last night.

Thanks man. I love the feeling of power when I chase them off. I feel like fucking braveheart.

I wonder how many operations we'll go undefeated. Thats 3 in 3 so far haha

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
One thing I love is that the game fairly compensates support classes. Look, I'm old. I don't have the reflexes you 360 no scope kiddos do. If I kill 6 people in a map of Conquest I feel freaking GREAT. That all said I'm usually at least middle of the pack because I love playing Medic. Dropping AoE health boxes, cappin' flags, and reviving dudes is my jam because I can compensate for not being able to hit the broad side of a barn. It really seems like Dice got the balance just perfect.

Personally, I really need to give Operations more of a shot. It's just that Conquest is so darned perfect for how I play. 25 minutes or so and you're out. If you've got time you can play another, but I find the older I get I don't want to sit and play stuff for too long at a pop. Maybe 45 minutes or an hour here and there throughout the day. I can't imagine sitting on the couch for 5 hours just going at it. Operations seem cool, though. I have a tendency to think of them as just multiple Conquest games linked together to make it drag on and on, but it really is quite a bit more than that once I think on it.

Anyways, I really regretted buying the season pass or whatever the hell they called it for BF4, but Premium here seems like a sound investment.

Redders

Thanks man. I love the feeling of power when I chase them off. I feel like fucking braveheart.

I wonder how many operations we'll go undefeated. Thats 3 in 3 so far haha

When defending unless we come across another party of 8 on the enemy team, its hard to see us losing when you're that organised.

Attacking slightly harder to predict, as many as possible!

I mind last night I had no idea I was the squad leader for the entire first Operation and when the second one started someone shouted "Pankratous if you can understand English can you please set an objective."

Sorry guys! Hahaha. Didn't notice at all I was leader.

Jb

Is there some trick to the Rocket Gun I'm missing? I never seem to do much damage with it and I've never managed to destroy a tank with one; disabled but not destroyed. It's more effective for me to get in close with dynamite or AT grenades.

I don't think it can destroy any tanks in one hit. Just aim for the back or the sides and re-position for another hit because the tank will probably come after you.

It is actually pretty good against infantry. For a class that doesn't really have medium to long range guns it's pretty useful.

I mind last night I had no idea I was the squad leader for the entire first Operation and when the second one started someone shouted "Pankratous if you can understand English can you please set an objective."

Haha I was in that squad too at the time. I cracked up when he said that.

Yeah that was me haha. I guess I overlooked the fact that he posted in english on Gaf...

It's all good mate. It's just extra XP

When defending unless we come across another party of 8 on the enemy team, its hard to see us losing when you're that organised.

Attacking slightly harder to predict, as many as possible!

That's the thing isn't it. When we go into two squads of 4 and one squad goes to each objective it's just perfect.

For defending I can fully see us going undefeated for a very long time....

Haha I was in that squad too at the time. I cracked up when he said that.

JJShadow

Seems like you have a really nice night guys, I wish I could play that late but my girlfriend would kill me if I used the TV during the nights haha

Anyway I had some really nice games with Redders and Stilt yesterday evening as well, first time I manage to be on the top 5 of the scoreboard in a regular basis :)

Hope to see some of you online this evening!

Seems like you have a really nice night guys, I wish I could play that late but my girlfriend would kill me if I used the TV during the nights haha

Anyway I had some really nice games with Redders and Stilt yesterday evening as well, first time I manage to be on the top 5 of the scoreboard in a regular basis :)

Yeah mate was jolly. I should be on at the same time again.

I'll be on from 10PM UK time (Luvs_2_Squidge) and my boys Nitro2buggy and Mattyllp will be on from that time too.

If anyone wants a repeat of last night just keep an eye on the group message and be free around ten :)

Theorry

Really dont like the autobalance thing. You get screwed as squad if you played well.
Even if my squad is good we still cant carry 59 other players am match later.

Redders

Yeah was decent, good couple of wins on conquest, pretty sure I'll be on the same time tonight so I'll see you there.

I'm having a problem.

It must have been an instruction or tooltip I've missed.
I can't fire rifles.
I'm playing the campaign, and in both the tank and pilot stories, during the on foot sections... I've been unable to fire rifles. I can fire pistols and machine guns, but not rifles.

Have I missed something?
Please help.

Top Bottom